• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

I am no longer an "Insider"

Started by Frys Girl, June 09, 2009, 09:42:53 AM

Should I keep or kill my Coast Insider account?

Yes kill it!
5 (100%)
Keep it! You'll be glad you did!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: March 16, 2013, 09:51:34 AM

Well there's always the old fashioned way of holding a tape recorder up to your computer's speakers and then copying it onto a CD/wav file. I can't tell you the stacks of cassettes that I have of old Art Bell shows that I have yet to transfer onto computer files. My father and I used to tape Art's shows all the time. We could never afford a C-Crane Radio but we were fortunate enough to own a radio that had a tape recorder in it so we were always changing tapes out night after night recording shows. Usually if you used 120 min length tapes you could get a whole show on 2 of them. 

Tinfoil Hat

You could probably run a cable from the tape recorder's headphone jack to your computer's line in port and the record using some software. You might get better quality this way too.

Morgus

Quote from: Tinfoil Hat on April 16, 2013, 03:40:45 AM
You could probably run a cable from the tape recorder's headphone jack to your computer's line in port and the record using some software. You might get better quality this way too.
I've done that as well as record from an AM radio that way using Total Recorder software going back 10 years or so.
But nowadays such software can record from a higher quality audio internet stream from the many free radio station streams, so no need to record from external audio sources anymore for me.

When I was an "insider" I would make sure that I was using quicktime to listen to an archived show, and found that after the whole show finished playing, you can save a copy of the file from your browser to your hard drive using quicktime.

I downloaded copies of every art bell show (out of their three-year archive) and then canceled my membership.

Cynnie

I cancelled ..
After a brief email war with wells , i pulled the plug.
Asshats