• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150803 - Stephen Bassett/Merrill Cook - Disclosure - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, August 03, 2015, 09:51:56 PM

NightsAtSea

Pontypool is a fantastic horror movie, probably one of the most frightening and unique concepts I've seen in near memory. I'd love to hear Art's take on it!

CoherentBlast

Quote from: Spinner on August 03, 2015, 10:24:59 PM

Yeah. It's annoying. That frequency is supposed to be empty, but the radio station that's next on the dial, often bleeds into  it.
Can they be reported?

Not sure, perhaps tune down to another freq range? I set my transmitter to a dead area and only get interference when im off my property and the signal is weak.

AWESOME! Got through again and didn't choke! 2 in 3. :D Sent you all some love too.

Quote from: NightsAtSea on August 03, 2015, 10:28:18 PM
Pontypool is a fantastic horror movie, probably one of the most frightening and unique concepts I've seen in near memory. I'd love to hear Art's take on it!
It's such a great reflection on the power of words.

ShayP

Quote from: NightsAtSea on August 03, 2015, 10:28:18 PM

Always wanted to see it since I first discovered it.  However it was unavailable to rent for the longest time I just gave up.  :(

ChandlersDad

Quote from: inuk2600 on August 03, 2015, 10:27:31 PM
He said something like a SETI insider told him there is an ET signal that is being detected and he said the words phase and pulse and array.

After deciphering the signal, SETI admitted that the aliens were saying "Greer is the center of the universe. We come to Earth to bask in his manly glow"

trostol

so..dunno if any of you had watched Marble Hornets...but they have a new project coming it looks like

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on August 03, 2015, 10:29:35 PM

Interesting recommendation. I'm going to have to check it out.

Robert

Quote from: ShayP on August 03, 2015, 10:27:09 PMNo.  Should I?
Yes, you should see The Ghosts of Angela Webb if you'd be interested in coming on to a ghost.  Or even if you're just interested in the topic.

Deanna Demko was in it.  She's a very nice lady.

ShayP

Quote from: popple on August 03, 2015, 10:29:44 PM
I'm gonna trap it!

Do it!  If it's female PM me.  Send her my way.  I'm....just a little.....lonely.  ;D

Quote from: ShayP on August 03, 2015, 10:29:56 PM
Always wanted to see it since I first discovered it.  However it was unavailable to rent for the longest time I just gave up.  :(
On netflix, book is great too. I would love to hear Art interview the author.

ShayP

Quote from: Robert on August 03, 2015, 10:30:47 PM
Yes, you should see The Ghosts of Angela Webb if you'd be interested in coming on to a ghost.  Or even if you're just interested in the topic.

Deanna Demko was in it.  She's a very nice lady.

Thank you.  I will look it up.  8)

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on August 03, 2015, 10:29:35 PM
I'm going to look into that.  Thanks!  Play Misty For Me is a little haggard at this pont (but I still like it)

Robert

Quote from: AppealPlay on August 03, 2015, 10:28:01 PMPLEASE JC CALL IN!!!

I've seen that movie.  It was a Canadian made film.  Georgina Reilly is a total babe and it's worth watching the movie just for her.
Which movie, The Ghosts of Angela Webb?  That wasn't Canadian made.

AppealPlay

I hate it when a guest flakes out before the show.  Very dishonorable unless he's trapped in a cave or abducted by Yeti or some such bullshit.

ItsOver

Quote from: ChandlersDad on August 03, 2015, 10:30:04 PM
After deciphering the signal, SETI admitted that the aliens were saying "Greer is the center of the universe. We come to Earth to bask in his manly glow"
I though the aliens were saying "George Noory sucks."

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 03, 2015, 10:30:32 PM
Interesting recommendation. I'm going to have to check it out.
People mistakenly call the "monsters" "zombies". The author calls them "coversationalists". The central idea is that a word can infect and warp you. The only hope is to change the meaning.

WHY ISN'T THIS BIN LADEN PLANE CRASH STORY ON THE MAINSTREAM NEWS???

Third plane crash in the Bin Laden family under mysterious circumstances. Hmmmmmm....

Quote from: Étouffée on August 03, 2015, 10:32:16 PM
I'm going to looking into that.  Thanks!  Play Misty For Me is a little haggard at this pont (but I still like it)
That's a good flick too!

Jackstar

Quote from: inuk2600 on August 03, 2015, 10:27:31 PM
He said something like a SETI insider told him there is an ET signal that is being detected and he said the words phase and pulse and array.

Quote from: zeebo on August 03, 2015, 10:26:08 PM
If I heard right he said Frake Drake himself told him SETI had received a legit signal.

Quote from: VoteQuimby on August 03, 2015, 10:25:06 PM
Intellectual Hulk said the Founder of SETI told him SETI has received a very interesting signal much bigger that the Wow signal that they haven't released to the public.

Quote from: trostol on August 03, 2015, 10:23:58 PM
basically some big cheeses from SETI said they had gotten a ping

scribble scribble scribble

Herbn-Legend

With al that money the bin ladinz hav cant they buy a UNITED AIRLINEZz pilot😒 or buy united itself