• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Gd5150

Quote from: tiny hands Convention on January 08, 2019, 12:11:17 PM

Shouldn’t you be reading? Those 1100 books per year aren’t going to read themselves.

Quote from: Gd5150 on January 08, 2019, 12:16:04 PM
Shouldn’t you be reading? Those 1100 books per year aren’t going to read themselves.

You mean something interesting? Yeah, I guess I'm feeling charitable slumming with the poorly educated or maybe I'm just a masochist.

WeinerInHand

You don't even know how to bullshit!!! 😀😁😂🤣😃

Gd5150

Quote from: tiny hands Convention on January 08, 2019, 07:04:41 AM
I submit two MA degrees and clocked in at around 1100 books read last year alone

https://www.quora.com/Can-I-read-a-1-000-books-a-year

QuoteInstead of proudly boasting that you’ve looked at more than 21,000 books in one year, you decide that you want to understand what you’re reading. Doing another quick reading timing test, I came up with a reading speed of 50 seconds per page. Instead of 200 pages, let’s give your books an average of 500 pages. Once again, you devote ten hours a day (36,000 seconds) to reading, allowing you to read 720 pages per day. Plenty more reasonable than before, but it’s not looking good for your book count. In a year, keeping the same pace, you can expect to read around 262,800 pages. The grand total comes to…

525 books (and getting about halfway through another)

Quote from: WeinerInHand on January 08, 2019, 12:26:04 PM

You don't even know how to bullshit!!! 😀😁😂🤣😃

Finally, someone used their brain and did the calculations! You win the Trump Award of Bullshit! 🎉🎉🎉

Good job and this also qualifies you for an honorary Trump U degree!

WeinerInHand

Get outta here, you scamp!

#fuckadsense

WeinerInHand

Quote from: tiny hands Convention on January 08, 2019, 12:42:05 PM
Good job and this also qualifies you for an honorary Trump U degree!

If people are stupid enough to blow a few grand on an online course instead of using their fucking brains and figuring out how to spend their money wisely - LET THEM!

Quote from: WeinerInHand on January 08, 2019, 12:45:29 PM
Get outta here, you scamp!

#fuckadsense

Is this your charitable donation for special needs?

WeinerInHand

Quote from: tiny hands Convention on January 08, 2019, 12:52:28 PM

Is this your charitable donation for special needs?

Don't be so hard on yourself...

Quote from: WeinerInHand on January 08, 2019, 12:48:07 PM
If people are stupid enough to blow a few grand on an online course instead of using their fucking brains and figuring out how to spend their money wisely - LET THEM!

Oh no! You donated to them didn't you?

WeinerInHand

Quote from: tiny hands Convention on January 08, 2019, 12:53:31 PM

Oh no! You donated to them didn't you?

No, but if I had, I would have learned the lesson and moved on. That's how you do it - you learn the value of money. Well, if you work...

WeinerInHand

Two MA's and a thousand books a year and this thing still finds the time for bellgab. Praise MV!

Quote from: WeinerInHand on January 08, 2019, 12:56:54 PM
No, but if I had, I would have learned the lesson and moved on. That's how you do it - you learn the value of money. Well, if you work...

[attachment=1]

WeinerInHand

Welp, there ya' go - poo poo gifs.

Quote from: WeinerInHand on January 08, 2019, 12:58:10 PM
Two MA's and a thousand books a year and this thing still finds the time for bellgab. Praise MV!

Time is merely a construct and much more plentiful on vacation.  🍻

Quote from: WeinerInHand on January 08, 2019, 01:00:27 PM
Welp, there ya' go - poo poo gifs.

Merely to enhance your bullshit appreciation. 💩

WeinerInHand

Quote from: tiny hands Convention on January 05, 2019, 05:53:02 AM

You're so willing to pay for a worthless fence, you must gorge nightly on the Frankenfoods offered at Trump's beloved McDonald's! That would explain the brain dead comments.

[attachment=1,msg1302033]

We are paying twice that amount for a worthless central and south america.

Gd5150

Quote from: tiny hands Convention on January 08, 2019, 07:04:41 AM
I submit two MA degrees and clocked in at around 1100 books read last year alone

https://medium.com/bookshelf-beats/how-many-books-should-one-read-in-a-year-7c2c392e62cd

QuoteLet's say you try to read a book each week and end up reading one every two weeks. That's still 26 books in one year, more than you probably realized you could complete. Even if you read 20 books in one year, you are still reading much more than the average person.

WeinerInHand

Quote from: tiny hands Convention on January 08, 2019, 01:04:40 PM

Merely to enhance your bullshit appreciation. 💩

This is why I rarely comment on these posts: you offer nothing as an alternative. Trump is poo - got it.
...and the wall is bad.  - no alternative.
... and everyone who didn't vote for who you wanted is a racist,.. or a bigot,.. or a homophobe,.. or a sexist.
You have nothing to offer but insult and then you wonder why people grow weary of you.

Quote from: WeinerInHand on January 08, 2019, 01:05:43 PM
We are paying twice that amount for a worthless central and south america.

Indeed we are, but they're hardly worthless. In fact it's our demand for their products that fuels the cartels violence that fuels mass exodus towards our borders.

Gd5150

Quote from: WeinerInHand on January 08, 2019, 01:10:02 PM
This is why I rarely comment on these posts: you offer nothing as an alternative. Trump is poo - got it.
... and everyone who didn't vote for who you wanted is a racist,.. or a bigot,.. or a homophobe,.. or a sexist.
You have nothing to offer but insult and then you wonder why people grow weary of you.

Tinyschlubs is The classic demokkkrat NPC lemming. Can you name a single one here who does otherwise?

Metron2267

Quote from: tiny hands Convention on January 08, 2019, 12:11:17 PM
Most of America is aware of what these guys think about reading and education.

Time for you to LEARN:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/01/higher-education-decline-propaganda-intolerance/

Few believe any more that current liberal-arts programs have prepared graduates to write persuasively and elegantly, to read critically and to think inductively while drawing on a wide body of literary, linguistic, historical, artistic, and philosophical knowledge. In fairness, that is no longer the aim of higher education. When students at tony colleges present petitions objecting to free speech or the right of guests to give lectures, they are usually full of grammatical errors and often incoherent.

Colleges, with some major exceptions (Hillsdale most preeminently), simply do not ensure the teaching of such skills any more. Of course, there remain wonderful classes, courageous deans who buck trends, and hardworking faculty who teach splendidly and have received modest compensation and little credit for their yeoman work. But they are a minority and a shrinking one at that.

By and large, the bachelor’s degree, even in a liberal-arts major, no longer certifies that a graduate will be able to read, reason, compute, or draw on a body of knowledge far more effectively than those without an undergraduate degree. The decline of the university has been an ongoing tragedy since the 1960s, but the erosion has accelerated because of ideological bias and its twin, incompetence.

WeinerInHand

Quote from: tiny hands Convention on January 08, 2019, 01:11:29 PM
Indeed we are, but they're hardly worthless. In fact it's our demand for their products that fuels the cartels violence that fuels mass exodus towards our borders.

Fine - lets kick NAFTA right out the fuckin' door - I'm with ya'!

Metron2267

Quote from: tiny hands Convention on January 08, 2019, 12:23:29 PM

You mean something interesting? Yeah, I guess I'm feeling charitable slumming with the poorly educated or maybe I'm just a masochist.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/01/higher-education-decline-propaganda-intolerance/

II. The Therapeutic Curriculum

Most college courses in literature and history â€" despite their sometimes anachronistic and traditional titles â€" focus on “diversity.” That is, they present a play or novel, or a past historical period or event, in terms of how it adversely portrayed or affected the poor, women, and minorities. The larger agenda is ideological: to instruct how the superior present can craft remedies to ensure that incorrect thinking and the biases throughout history and literature do not contaminate contemporary life and society.

What is often forgotten is that political correctness comes at a price of not learning a language, or reading the plays of Shakespeare, or mastering the basic outlines of the Civil War or World War II â€" given that for youth learning is so often a zero-sum game with only limited hours in the day for study and reading.

Today’s students, like their professors, not only do not possess, but feel no need to possess, familiarity with Thucydides, or Dante’s Inferno, or some idea of the Napoleonic Wars, or the work of T. S. Eliot. And at least one reason they do not is that teaching and reading these texts and studying complex histories are far more difficult tasks than various therapeutic -studies courses about prejudices, biases, and -isms and -ologies. Becoming woke is not the same as being educated. The former is easy and seeks the affirmation of the majority, the latter harder and often a lonely experience.

Finally, the morality of the curriculum is upside down. If the purpose of the contemporary university is to empower the marginalized and the previously discriminated against, then it would be hard to envision classes that could more deprive first-generation college students of the very analytic tools and knowledge that might ensure their success.

Quote from: WeinerInHand on January 08, 2019, 01:10:02 PM

Yes pot, I'm black. You never wonder why liberals rarely post here? Same argument, different day.

WeinerInHand

Quote from: tiny hands Convention on January 08, 2019, 01:15:47 PM
Yes pot, I'm black. You never wonder why liberals rarely post here? Same argument, different day.

Please, post - just offer something.
Orange Man Bad has grown stale.

Gd5150

Quote from: tiny hands Convention on January 08, 2019, 01:15:47 PM

Don’t need more the one. Demokkkrat lemmings all regurgitate the exact same orders. Orange man bad. Yawn