• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

HAL 9000

Quote from: Art Bell on February 02, 2012, 11:13:54 PM
Hi there,
I thought it would be ok to stop in here and say hi from the High Desert! I have had so many people
send me links in email that refer to a post on this site. All is well with the Bell Family and we are
doing just fine in Pahrump.

As far as Retirement is concerned it has been great having time with my Family and my Hobby. I have
learned to "never say never" but I am enjoying life.

If any of you are Hams please feel free to join us on Echolink at W6OBB-L

I would be happy to try and answer any reasonable questions any of you may have.

Art

Pardon my skepticism, but since I don't have access to your IP address (only our beloved leader, Kim Jong Vandeven knows that), I can't confirm if it's even plausible that you are who you say you are. However, my skepticism would be greatly lessened if you could provide me with a piece of information that only a very few would know - bolstering your claim.

I know Richard C. Hoaxland's AOL AIM (instant messenger) screenname (buddy). Send me his screenname via PM, and I'll be a believer.

BobGrau

Hi there,
I thought it would be ok to stop in here and say hi from the High Desert! I have had so many people
send me links in email that refer to a post on this site. All is well with the Bell Family and we are

As far as Retirement is concerned it has been great having time with my Family and my Hobby. I have

I would be happy to try and answer any reasonable questions any of you may have.

Art

I WANT TO BELIEVE  :D

Hi there,

Art

Welcome to the board!

I really do hope you are who you say you are...

MV/Liberace!

the email address used to register the "art bell" account is knye@knye.com, but our system does no email verification, so i have no way of knowing if that's accurate.  i'll send an email to that address and inquire.  however, the ip address used belongs to a company called air-internet located in pahrump, nv, so that seems pretty solid.

MV/Liberace!

i've sent an email to knye@knye.com to ask if it was really art.  i wonder why he uses that email address since he no longer owns knye.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on February 03, 2012, 09:04:33 AM
the email address used to register the "art bell" account is knye@knye.com, but our system does no email verification, so i have no way of knowing if that's accurate.  i'll send an email to that address and inquire.  however, the ip address used belongs to a company called air-internet located in pahrump, nv, so that seems pretty solid.

The time zone is correct also.   :)

Lots of us are on the case.. . if I get information before someone else I will post it. I have a question directly to Art Bell on Facebook ..

And if it is Art himself, he needs an avatar. I cannot look at that post without seeing the fat kid.

The General

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on February 03, 2012, 09:04:33 AM

COOL!
Hi Art, thanks so much for stopping by and saying hello.  We're all Coast to Coast refugees here, uniting in honor of how great Coast was when you were the host.  We miss you, but wish you the very best in your retirement, and it's good news to hear that you are really enjoying life.

Lovely Bones

Quote from: BobGrau on February 03, 2012, 06:09:10 AM
I WANT TO BELIEVE  :D

I do, too!

Art, forgive us our (necessary) skepticism. 

If that's really you, kick off your shoes and enjoy the fireplace here at Coastgab.  It's a totally cool place to hang out, and everyone will be glad to see you. 

I think we all want to believe..

Scruff

Well, if that's you Art, I have a reasonable question for you!

Can you come clean on the Ouija board story (the one that was left on your porch)?  There has been a lot of discussion about it on the boards, and it would be great to get closure on a story you've only hinted at for over a decade! 

Other than that - take care of the family and thanks for stopping by!

Morgus

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on February 03, 2012, 09:08:21 AM
i've sent an email to knye@knye.com to ask if it was really art.  i wonder why he uses that email address since he no longer owns knye.

that doesn't make sense - might be Fort Rock playing games again?
Art Bell's email address is well known, its artbell@mindspring.com
so maybe try sending a message to that email to check?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Morgus on February 03, 2012, 01:54:23 PM

if i sent the verification email to the mindspring address, i'd probably never get a reply since he surely receives a vomit-worthy amount of email there. 

as mentioned earlier, i sent an email to art at the knye email address to verify his account.  i have received a reply, so i'm now satisfied it's really art bell.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on February 03, 2012, 09:08:21 AM

I remember reading [somewhere] that KNYE allowed him to keep that address. 

Quote from: Morgus on February 03, 2012, 01:54:23 PM

The first thing I thought was crazy Ft Rock too.
But as far as the strange KNYE email, he actually lists that on his Facebook. Which indeed is odd.. we will see if he gets back to Michael.. if so.. we got a winner. He'd be accepted with open arms here.

I'm still hesitant believing it's him.
Maybe George and Tommy boy got drunk and wanted to play a joke. Haters.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: HorrorReporter on February 03, 2012, 02:01:07 PM
The first thing I thought was crazy Ft Rock too.
But as far as the strange KNYE email, he actually lists that on his Facebook. Which indeed is odd.. we will see if he gets back to Michael.. if so.. we got a winner. He'd be accepted with open arms here.

I'm still hesitant believing it's him.
Maybe George and Tommy boy got drunk and wanted to play a joke. Haters.

read above

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: HorrorReporter on February 03, 2012, 02:01:07 PM
we will see if he gets back to Michael.. if so.. we got a winner. He'd be accepted with open arms here.

scroll up a couple posts.  it's him.

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on February 03, 2012, 01:58:49 PM

if i sent the verification email to the mindspring address, i'd probably never get a reply since he surely receives a vomit-worthy amount of email there. 

as mentioned earlier, i sent an email to art at the knye email address to verify his account.  i have received a reply, so i'm now satisfied it's really art bell.

I posted my lame Noory joke before I saw this.
We seem to have a match.. This is quite exciting.

Goodbye Fantastic Forum 2.. welcome to CoastGab, where the real talk of night occurs. Congrats Mr. Vandeven, you sir have scored on this one. And in the process, we all win.

If I may: I suggest this as the avatar? .. more respectable

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: HorrorReporter on February 03, 2012, 02:05:40 PM

If I may: I suggest this as the avatar? .. more respectable

i already changed it, haha.  definitely more appropriate.  i didn't use the same version of that picture, though.  the one i used is darker.

MV/Liberace!

and, by the way... this is just another example of why it's a bad idea to lock threads.

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on February 03, 2012, 02:09:00 PM
and, by the way... this is just another example of why it's a bad idea to lock threads.

absolutely agree with that.

MV/Liberace!

Hi there,

Art

oh, and now that the verification stuff is out of the way, i wanted to say thanks art for posting here.  it's as if the second technician at a nuke launch site has finally "turned his key," haha.  i've always wondered if you were aware of this forum, although i always suspected you were.  you should consider recording a :10 liner of some sort for linden2k's art bell stream.  lol, that would be a riot.

anyway, i'm sure i speak for everyone when i say i hope you'll post often.

cheers.

Morgus

Quote from: Art Bell on February 02, 2012, 11:13:54 PMI would be happy to try and answer any reasonable questions any of you may have.
                                                                                       Art
thanks Art.
Whats the latest in your home regarding the fire extinguisher explosion?
Was any of your electronics equipment salvageable after the incident?

ourobouros2k2

wow...and I thought all was lost. Would love to QSO sometime on 75m, but my antenna isn't the best, and only running 100w on a flex 1000. Have to give the echolink a try. Art...much respect. Glad to hear from you.

regards and 73
Andy / AE5YJ

Streaming live Art.. ham version. I'm not a ham so sorry for this, but does Smeter still have Art's audio live feed? Is Art ever on it?

McPhallus

Just when everyone thought this thread was dead, it's now going to burst into flames.

Quote from: superdeluxe on February 03, 2012, 03:44:06 PM
Art bell!  :o

Howdy Art!

Chalk me up as a second vote for the Ouija board story. I've always wondered about that one.

Hope to see you around these parts often!

11angeleyes11

Hello, Art!

It is great that you have joined the forum and should prompt "Art Bell Joins Coastgab."  I am very happy that you are enjoying the your family and hobby, but we out here do miss your updates, hosting, and stories of the Bell family inclusive of the fur family.   

Maybe you can conceive that this is a forum that gets it.

Hope you post frequently.