• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No
Quote from: 11angeleyes11 on January 30, 2012, 04:37:55 PM
He needs a sultry and warming song like "Midnight in the Cave." to close out the weeks in St. Louis.

Carrying onward, George could have a version of "Midnight on the Ocean" to close-out the Los Angeles shows.

Tommy on Ukulele doing Tiny Tim covers to close out the Hawaii shows.

Quote from: BobGrau on January 30, 2012, 12:55:39 PM
I'm going out on a limb here: I actually quite like ufo phil. His tongue is firmly in his cheek, where it should be.

noory sucks.

Had a good laugh the first time I heard it, obviously making fun of George Noory.  Then he adopts it as his end of the week tune.

valdez

After a Simone, Wells, and Knapp weekend, George stumbles through a show with William Forstchen on those dreaded EMP attacks, and Kymberlee Ruff on Hopi/Tibetan prophesy.  George spent most of the night interupting them with his usual banalities.  Ruff seemed like she'd make for a decent show with someone like Wells, or Simone.  According to George, The Little Buddha is not a film a guy would go see alone, but he has seen the trailer.  Good for you, George.  Next time just say you didn't see the friggin' flick, and leave it at that.

George also said the Mayan '144,000 DOLLAR cycle' comes to an end 'next year'.  What the hell was going on with him last night ? Drunk or tired.. Or beyond giving up

JohnnieB

Quote from: HorrorReporter on January 31, 2012, 06:12:10 AM
George also said the Mayan '144,000 DOLLAR cycle' comes to an end 'next year'.  What the hell was going on with him last night ? Drunk or tired.. Or beyond giving up

Perhaps the Mayan people, an advanced race (as we know), had, like the Germans of the 30's, television in their world, and produced an earlier version of the American 70's game show 'The 25,000 Dollar Pyramid'? Perhaps George reached a level of Delta consciousness on the air where he tapped into this? You know...like a brain cloud or somethin'? Hmmm.

On another note, I actually enjoyed listening to guest Walter Semkiw's thoughts and opinions on reincarnation the other night. Interesting. As usual, I just tuned out Noory, who interrupted with his usual f****d thoughts and questions. I was surprised that George didn't pipe up and proudly proclaim his future incarnation as 24th Century world radio star Dexter Monterrey...that is, according to Bruce Goldberg.

Sumpthin's gonna happen....I just KNOW IT!

Lovely Bones

I kept trying to figure out who Kymberlee Ruff reminded me of, and it finally hit me: she has the same breathless, circuitous speech patterns as none other than the Octomom. 

I was actually interested in what she had to say, though.  Too bad Noory kept interrupting her discussion of the Hopi-Tibetan Prophecy with questions about Ant People, then acting all impatient with her for not getting to the meat of the prophecy.  Keep your mouth shut about Ant People, George, and let your guests talk. 

No such luck.  Georgie Boy is convinced "sumpthin happened" with the Ant people a long time ago. 

stevesh

None of the above - he was Noory. He did seem a little more inclined to interrupt his guests last night, especially Ms. Ruff.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: valdez on January 31, 2012, 05:24:17 AM
   ... George stumbles through a show with William Forstchen on those dreaded EMP attacks... George spent most of the night interrupting...
I listened to the first half on EMP and was really irritated by GN's constantly cutting the guest off as he was making a point...so George could say something dopey or inane.   "Ya know...I think mankind was wiped out by nuclear war/EMP 100 million years ago".  His technical/scientific ignorance is bad enough considering the themes of the show...why is he compelled to inject into it at every opportunity?   One of the strengths of Art B was his technical knowledge.  Fercrissakes; does he never listen to tapes of his own show?  GN is the worst interviewer I've ever heard in media.   I also think he over-caffeinated last night.

b_dubb

Quote from: VtaGeezer on January 31, 2012, 12:03:52 PM"Ya know...I think mankind was wiped out by nuclear war/EMP 100 million years ago"
that george would even float this idea as if he were being "smart" or "insightful" is just tragic.  does anyone here think "mankind" existed 100 million years ago?  why does george?  does george understand what a million is?  as in ... a million is greater than a thousand?  or greater than a hundred?  it really is just sad

Tara

Quote from: b_dubb on January 31, 2012, 12:23:26 PM
that george would even float this idea as if he were being "smart" or "insightful" is just tragic.  does anyone here think "mankind" existed 100 million years ago?  why does george?  does george understand what a million is?  as in ... a million is greater than a thousand?  or greater than a hundred?  it really is just sad

100 million years ago?  I think the fossil record shows that mammals were small mouse sized creatures in those days.  Dinos ruled the earth.   Don't you know that simple George?   Where's the evidence of a mass extinction caused by thermonuclear war?  Dwarf brain Noory.

Bored and boring?

Morgus

Quote from: valdez on January 31, 2012, 05:24:17 AMAccording to George, The Little Buddha is not a film a guy would go see alone
does that imply Noory only goes to the movies alone, and can't find anyone to take on a date to see a film like that?  8)

Sardondi

Quote from: Morgus on January 31, 2012, 02:19:11 PM
does that imply Noory only goes to the movies alone, and can't find anyone to take on a date to see a film like that?  8)

That's what I take from it. Seriously, he mentions his family when he was growing up, his daughter(s?) today, his grandchild, but I've never heard him utter the name of a current significant other, not even "my girlfriend".

My bet is that for Simple George it's booze and hookers. And turmeric.

Jasmine

Quote from: Morgus on January 31, 2012, 02:19:11 PM

Quote from: Sardondi on January 31, 2012, 02:41:14 PM
That's what I take from it. Seriously, he mentions his family when he was growing up, his daughter(s?) today, his grandchild, but I've never heard him utter the name of a current significant other, not even "my girlfriend".

My bet is that for Simple George it's booze and hookers. And turmeric.

Hmm...to be on a date with George Noory. Well, look, as long as my fiance is cool with it, I'd be more than willing to go out on a date with Noory, as long as it's a decent bad ass zombie flick, and afterwards three pitchers of  Danish beer, sizzlin' and spicy beef fajitas and tacos, followed by a double espresso shot latte and blueberry cheesecake. Of course, my date would be a secret mission...yes...I, Natasha, secret agent woman spy, would do my utmost to ensure the sleeping potion placed in George's beer would send him into sweet slumber. Then, my accomplice, Boris, who would be shadowing us, would drive George to the port, where a slow boat to China would be waiting to depart.

Yes, boys, I would do this for all of you...and of course, the beer.

stevesh

Quote from: Jasmine on January 31, 2012, 03:12:49 PM
Hmm...to be on a date with George Noory. Well, look, as long as my fiance is cool with it, I'd be more than willing to go out on a date with Noory, as long as it's a decent bad ass zombie flick, and afterwards three pitchers of  Danish beer, sizzlin' and spicy beef fajitas and tacos, followed by a double espresso shot latte and blueberry cheesecake. Of course, my date would be a secret mission...yes...I, Natasha, secret agent woman spy, would do my utmost to ensure the sleeping potion placed in George's beer would send him into sweet slumber. Then, my accomplice, Boris, who would be shadowing us, would drive George to the port, where a slow boat to China would be waiting to depart.

Yes, boys, I would do this for all of you...and of course, the beer.

Jasmine is quickly becoming my favorite coastgabber, but we can't ask you to make that kind of sacrifice. An entire evening with Simple George ? Death by proximity to that sort of stupidity ? Sorry, that's asking too much. We'll figure out something else, and I'll buy the beer.

Jasmine

I wonder if the zombie flick on my date with Georgie would be Premiere's production of
'Night of the Living Noorys'?

A brain dead late night radio host and his equally brain dead producers, crew, guests, and callers awaken and  terrorize the airwaves from Los Angeles to the east of the Rockies.

Stevesh...of course, from a rational and logical perspective you're correct to point out the effects on my brain  being in such close proximity to the Living Noory...but perhaps I'm just a girl who can't say no to beer...and blueberry cheesecake!

If you're buyin' the beer and are up for a game of pool...I'm there.

Eddie Coyle

The "honey trap" is a terrific strategy, and time tested. Noory loves movie references(well, dumb blockbuster ones) but I envision Forrest Whitaker in "The Crying Game", that scenario happening to George.

Ben Shockley

Quote from: Sardondi on January 31, 2012, 02:41:14 PM...My bet is that for Simple George it's booze and hookers. And turmeric.
Except that good-boy Georgie doesn't even have the mental solace of the booze.  Just him and the hookers, and him fully aware of what it says about his life.
Imagine what it's like to be the hooker, with that disgusting trick (Noory) crying and wanting to talk...!
"I...I feeyul like wurr feyamuhly..." [*sob* *sob* *boo-hoo*]

expat

I nearly vommed into my pillow last night when, on the "What's the haps?" segment, up popped "Who's ahead -- the scientologist or the adulterer?" -- EXACTLY WHAT WE'VE BEEN HEARING ALL FUCKING DAY ON THE OTHER NEWS MEDIA.

C2C isn't supposed to do this.

valdez

Quote from: Jasmine on January 31, 2012, 03:12:49 PM
...Yes, boys, I would do this for all of you...and of course, the beer.
Quote from: stevesh on January 31, 2012, 03:44:41 PM
...Sorry, that's asking too much.

Sacrafices have to be made.  Of course, you'll be wired.  Plausible deniability in effect.  A backstory of his "defection" to China will be easy given the hours of recorded rants against the "feds".  Wells takes the M-F slot, Simone promoted to Saturdays, Danheiser gets the boot.

Alex Jones with bullhorn
Jones eventually peices it together.
No one believes him.

Quote from: Jasmine on January 31, 2012, 03:48:42 PM
I wonder if the zombie flick on my date with Georgie would be Premiere's production of
'Night of the Living Noorys'...

Oh how I would love to hang out with George Noory for a night or two.  Compliment him, talk to him, gain his trust, open him up, ask him about the show, his career over the years, growing up, find out what he does all day, what he's doing during the show, his ideas of self promotion, his concept of show prep, how he developed the show long term into what it is now.

George is just quite the character study, how did one person get to be like that, all those quirks and flaws, so wrong for his job, the awfulness, willing to be publicly mocked and ridiculed, yet seemingly so self satisfied... 

BobGrau

I highly recommend a hollow tooth filled with poison gas.

Not particularly for an espionage-themed date with Noory, this is simply my answer to everything.

b_dubb

Quote from: Jasmine on January 31, 2012, 03:12:49 PMafterwards three pitchers of  Danish beer
can you recommend a particular brand?  i'm always up for finding new brew.  i kind of like the Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye IPA.  i'm not normally an IPA type

Jasmine

Valdez, trust me, I'm always wired.

b_dubb, I'm not normally an IPA girl myself...I'll have to try the Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye...sounds good! The Danish brew of Jacobsen (brewed under Carlsberg) has one which is a dark malt and is to die for. They also brew a lighter honey ale which is also delicious. When my boyfriend-hubby-to-be and I were in Copenhagen last summer we loved it. I'll find out the exact names and let you know, as it momentarily escapes me. Both brews went well with the Danish meatballs!

I also love the French Stella, with a shot of lime cord thrown in.
Canada brews awesome beer - Mill House is exceptional. Most Canadian beer brands puts American beer to shame.

By the way, my to-be cannot stand the sound of Noory's voice nor can he handle George's stupidity, so I have to wear headphones in bed when listening to the show. I startle him when George says "sumpthin' reel stoopid", and I yell out "A**HOLE!" LOL. Well, I'm making a meat and five cheese lasagna for dinner...better go check on it!

Sardondi

Quote from: Jasmine on January 31, 2012, 03:12:49 PM...I'd be more than willing to go out on a date with Noory...

Wow. The radio-listening equivalent of throwing oneself on a live grenade. Greater love hath no woman than to go on a date with an imbecile for her buds. Thanks, J.

Scully

Quote from: VtaGeezer on January 31, 2012, 12:03:52 PM
I listened to the first half on EMP and was really irritated by GN's constantly cutting the guest off as he was making a point...so George could say something dopey or inane.   "Ya know...I think mankind was wiped out by nuclear war/EMP 100 million years ago".  His technical/scientific ignorance is bad enough considering the themes of the show...why is he compelled to inject into it at every opportunity?   One of the strengths of Art B was his technical knowledge.  Fercrissakes; does he never listen to tapes of his own show?  GN is the worst interviewer I've ever heard in media.   I also think he over-caffeinated last night.

I listened to the second half with Kymberlee Ruff, and I've never heard Noory be so irritable and rude with a guest before.  To me, it was a contest between 2 people who both  really need a keeper. I love Ruff's topic, but the two of them competing to be most inane, I found very tedious.

Sumthin' was definitely happenin' with old Simple George last night. And it wasn't pretty.  :P

Katherine Albrecht is on the air right now saying she tried “natural remedies” for her cancer and they didn’t work.  She also told Noory that she researched some of the purported remedies and found they were just testimonials and not science.  She also blasted the idea that “the medical establishment just wants you to die from chemo and radiation so they can make money off of you.”  Noory couldn’t really argue with her (she is pretty bright and has studied how to read statistics and scientific literature) -- so he claimed that his putting her on his Friday prayer list is what helped her.   ;D

Sardondi

Quote from: DangerousBlossom on February 01, 2012, 02:39:01 AM
Katherine Albrecht is on the air right now saying she tried “natural remedies” for her cancer and they didn’t work.  She also told Noory that she researched some of the purported remedies and found they were just testimonials and not science.  She also blasted the idea that “the medical establishment just wants you to die from chemo and radiation so they can make money off of you.”  Noory couldn’t really argue with her (she is pretty bright and has studied how to read statistics and scientific literature) -- so he claimed that his putting her on his Friday prayer list is what helped her.   ;D

Katherine Albrecht is one of the few whip-smart C2C guests who have rational thoughts. Her area of expertise is broadly the right of the individual "to be left alone". More specifically she keeps up with ever encroaching corporate and gov't surveillance attempts, as well as the coming "death of privacy". Smart lady who should be listened to.

Quote from: DangerousBlossom on February 01, 2012, 02:39:01 AM-- so he claimed that his putting her on his Friday prayer list is what helped her.   ;D
Wow....