• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Who Will You Vote For in 2012?

Started by Ruteger, June 02, 2012, 04:28:13 PM

Jan Zizka

No one, I refuse to accept jury duty. Though I support Barack Obama; McCain was unfit to serve, he gave up his chance in 2000, a betrayal that still resonates to this day. The Republican party's decision to paint Mitt Romney as their party's only hope was a colossal boner, there is absolutely no chance of a Mormon president.

b_dubb

Romney is practically a fiscal anarchist. de-regulate everything. let industry do what industry wants to do

Meanwhile Romney will seclude himself in one of his isolated mansions. Away from ... well ... us

Usagi

Quote from: Jan Zizka on June 07, 2012, 04:46:29 PM
I refuse to accept jury duty.

We need more awesome undefeatable Czech heroes on this forum.  Bring 'round the wagons!

Frys Girl

The grammar needs to be fixed in the topic. Who cares about voting when you can't use the right pronoun? I only kid. Vandeven/Coyle '12!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Frys Girl on June 07, 2012, 09:10:39 PM
Vandeven/Coyle '12!

even with my israel policy and eddie's drinking history?

Oversoul

Quote from: Jan Zizka on June 07, 2012, 04:46:29 PM
No one, I refuse to accept jury duty. Though I support Barack Obama; McCain was unfit to serve, he gave up his chance in 2000, a betrayal that still resonates to this day. The Republican party's decision to paint Mitt Romney as their party's only hope was a colossal boner, there is absolutely no chance of a Mormon president.

I agree with your sentiments and views a hundred percent.   ;)

Oversoul

Quote from: b_dubb on June 07, 2012, 07:43:56 PM
Romney is practically a fiscal anarchist. de-regulate everything. let industry do what industry wants to do

Meanwhile Romney will seclude himself in one of his isolated mansions. Away from ... well ... us

Insightful of you.  You got him down to a T, I can see.   :D

Frys Girl

Quote from: MV on June 07, 2012, 10:34:43 PM

Yes, because you guys put America first, second, and third. The other stuff is irrelevant, really... just for debate.

Lovely Bones

Quote from: Frys Girl on June 08, 2012, 05:31:12 AM
Yes, because you guys put America first, second, and third. The other stuff is irrelevant, really... just for debate.

And therein lies another major problem with BO.  The apologies for America.  Not to mention the desire "to fundamentally transform America"--into WHAT?? Too bad the crowds worshiping him didn't ask that question in 2008. 

I'll get behind the Vandeven/Coyle ticket for 2012 (if anybody can find Eddie). 

Zircon

Overage, Dubb ... since neither of you think much of Mitt Romney, do you actually agree with Obama's spending practices? Is this sustainable in your view? Do you feel that the destruction of our nation, as a result, is necessary and desirable?

Zircon

Quote from: MV on June 07, 2012, 10:34:43 PM

MV, if you wouldn't mind elaborating just a bit, can you explain some of your Israeli policy? Somehow I think it will not be as bipolar as so many others seem to espouse.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Zircon on June 08, 2012, 11:41:02 AM
MV, if you wouldn't mind elaborating just a bit, can you explain some of your Israeli policy? Somehow I think it will not be as bipolar as so many others seem to espouse.

criticism of israel would become illegal under my administration.  our army would randomly bomb the palestinians on thursdays.  benjamin netanyahu would be cloned and the resulting beings would be trained to assassinate our congressmen and take their seats in the house/senate.

Oversoul

So, how is change possible?  ::)

stevesh

Quote from: MV on June 08, 2012, 02:00:21 PM

criticism of israel would become illegal under my administration.  our army would randomly bomb the palestinians on thursdays.  benjamin netanyahu would be cloned and the resulting beings would be trained to assassinate our congressmen and take their seats in the house/senate.

Changed my mind - Vanderven/Coyle 2012.

analog kid

Quote from: Zircon on June 08, 2012, 11:32:21 AM
Overage, Dubb ... since neither of you think much of Mitt Romney, do you actually agree with Obama's spending practices? Is this sustainable in your view? Do you feel that the destruction of our nation, as a result, is necessary and desirable?

I agree with Krugman.

analog kid

QuoteVanderven/Coyle 2012

Promise to abolish daylight saving in the US and my vote is locked.

Zircon

Quote from: Oversoul on June 09, 2012, 08:47:42 AM
    So, how is change possible?  ::)
Thank you for coming to the light.

The General

Quote from: analog kid on June 09, 2012, 11:30:25 AM
yesssss!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: analog kid on June 09, 2012, 11:30:25 AM

i was thinking we'd abolish daylight saving time and replace it with a system whereby an hour becomes 43 minutes long for 6 months of the year... and then an hour resets to being 60 minutes with the exception of national holidays, at which time an hour will become 63 minutes.  anyone who has a problem with this proposal is obviously a tard.

The General

Quote from: MV on June 09, 2012, 02:50:45 PM

i was thinking we'd abolish daylight saving time and replace it with a system whereby an hour becomes 43 minutes long for 6 months of the year... and then an hour resets to being 60 minutes with the exception of national holidays, at which time an hour will become 63 minutes.  anyone who has a problem with this proposal is obviously a tard.
noooooooooooooooooo

I can actually envision the government doing that.

Quote from: b_dubb on June 07, 2012, 07:43:56 PM
Romney is practically a fiscal anarchist. de-regulate everything.

Capitalism is an opposing force of government, so why would he be running for it?  I'm what you would call a "fiscal anarchist" (I prefer the term Voluntaryist), and calling Romney a fiscal anarchist is offending to say the least.

In all honesty, he's just a white mormon Obama.

alejandro

Quote from: Usagi on June 07, 2012, 07:46:33 PM

We need more awesome undefeatable Czech heroes on this forum.  Bring 'round the wagons!

kf5iwe

Quote from: stevesh on June 09, 2012, 11:11:50 AM
Changed my mind - Vanderven/Coyle 2012.
Ditto me to. Vanderven/Coyle 2012
Can we also bomb mexico and Illinois twice a month for shits and giggles?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: kf5iwe on June 23, 2012, 08:43:14 AM
Ditto me to. Vanderven/Coyle 2012
Can we also bomb mexico and Illinois twice a month for shits and giggles?

i don't know about mexico because we need the oil we get from them, but illinois?  that was already a part of my platform.

Sardondi

Well, I'm tired of voting for Irish candidates, so I'm not gonna vote for O'Bama.

Ruteger

I am voting for Romney. Is he my ideal choice? Double-Heck NO. But, for the sake of this country's future, I won't cast a vote for Hussein or a third-party candidate. People on this board say there is not a dime's bit of diff between the two parties. I disagree. Who voted contempt charges for Holder's corruption? The GOP (and a pittance of Dems). Who voted 100% to repeal the largest tax increase in US history (ObamaCare passed without a single vote from a GOP)? The GOP. Is the GOP perfect? Far from it. But they are all we have at this moment - unless you want to start another American Revolution.

I firmly believe this is the single most important election in this nation's history. Will we go the way of Greece or fall-back to the principles of freedom, self-determination and the Constitution?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Ruteger on July 01, 2012, 01:08:07 PM
...unless you want to start another American Revolution.

i think that's what it's going to take to fix things.  the whole system needs to collapse, and lots of people will need to die.  until that happens, i think preferring this political hack over that political hack is just a delay of the inevitable.

EvB

If I can muster the energy to vote at all, it will be against Romney.  He's not such a bad guy really.  Massachusetts did okay with him as governor.  BUT - like all politicians he panders to the base he feels will give him the most support. Right now, while both Obama and Romney are corporate puppets, Romney also seems to have the support of the Christian Right.  They scare me. They scare me more than hopey/changie misdirection. If, OTOH, the Christian Right gets their undies in a bunch over Romney's Magic Undies - things could get interesting.  I'm not holding my breath.

As for 'same damn diff' and 'how can things change' I do think it will take revolution. What form it will take and how violent it will be is all that's up for debate IMO.  We live in a dying republic.  Will it dies quietly in it's sleep, or will it be horribly painful?

Then, it will all start again somehow.  And, for a while, that may be better.  (It also may not)

Meanwhile, our election process is BS.

The Problems with First Past the Post Voting Explained

analog kid

Quote from: Ruteger on July 01, 2012, 01:08:07 PMWho voted 100% to repeal the largest tax increase in US history

According to some number crunching by politifact, and take that source however you will, there were two larger tax increases after WWII, and Reagan also initiated a larger tax increase, with Carter, HW Bush and Clinton all initiating tax increases about the same size as this healthcare reform tax. I've heard that "largest tax increase in US history" claim a lot for the past three days, but haven't seen a citation for it. Limbaugh went one further and called it "the largest tax increase in the history of the world." Okay.

Zircon

Quote from: EvB on July 01, 2012, 03:13:23 PM
... Romney also seems to have the support of the Christian Right.  They scare me. They scare me more than hopey/changie misdirection. If, OTOH, the Christian Right gets their undies in a bunch over Romney's Magic Undies - things could get interesting.  I'm not holding my breath...
The Christian Right basically regard Mormons as a CULT. So, while he may get more of their votes than Obama, he is no slam dunk in that regard. And I am curious ... you actually fear Christians more than Marxists, Communists and those who are biding their time to strip you of your Bill of Rights? You must be a woman who is enamored by Obama. Puzzles me how professional women can support a guy who hasn't done a damn thing for them, fabricates his former associations with women and uses them a just a bucket of voters to be massaged come voting time - while being so "afraid" of a happily married father of five who is a man of faith and a successful businessman. I think many white women find white men too white.

I agree with MV also about a revolution as a viable option. Things are not going to get better anytime soon regardless of what that Manchurian candidate we now have in office says or what Romney can even hope to pull off in four short years. People are growing very impatient. The American people are usually requiring a serious kick in the ass to ever get them to do something in force. Slow to get pissed and a bunch of determined people when they finally do.

QuoteThen, it will all start again somehow.  And, for a while, that may be better.  (It also may not)
Yes, I agree. All things have a life cycle. Ours is no different. We've had a couple of major changes of direction in our short history. Others have had many centuries and even millennia. Their changes are obvious.