• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Who Will You Vote For in 2012?

Started by Ruteger, June 02, 2012, 04:28:13 PM

Ruteger

Before you answer - THINK. This is the ONLY non-lethal power you have over your elected government. You get this privelege only so often - treasure it as gold!

Frys Girl

Quote from: Ruteger on June 02, 2012, 04:28:13 PM
Before you answer - THINK. This is the ONLY non-lethal power you have over your elected government. You get this privelege only so often - treasure it as gold!
I have more power as a consumer than as a voter. I am not really motivated about politics anymore. There's an aristocratic class in America and it's made up of politicians like Obama, Bush, and the Clintons. The parties are both junk.

b_dubb

McPhallus

Assuming you made a typo by non-lethal?

That being said, we are not a democracy, we are a republic.  The founding fathers knew the public en masse was too stupid to make such decisions and set it up that way while throwing them a plastic bone in the form of a pseudo vote.

Self-righteous "get your ass out there and vote" types are annoying as hell.

All candidates always suck.... The ones who would be good at running things have no chance of getting into office by design.

So anyway.... Fuck 'em all.

Eddie Coyle

Election Day plans: I have November 2 already fully booked with naps, watching episodes of "Cannon", "The Rockford Files" and "Mission Impossible", staring into space and not leaving the house in any fashion.

In other words, it's just another day for me.

stevesh

No one. This will be the first year in the time I've been able to vote that I won't be going to the polls. I've finally smartened up and realized that there's no real difference between the parties or candidates. The whole 'you can make a difference' thing is bullshit propaganda.

Oversoul

Quote from: stevesh on June 03, 2012, 05:30:39 AM
No one. This will be the first year in the time I've been able to vote that I won't be going to the polls. I've finally smartened up and realized that there's no real difference between the parties or candidates. The whole 'you can make a difference' thing is bullshit propaganda.

I agree with you fully here.  The political system sucks, just as Noory sucks (maybe worse?), and does it stink too!   Why be part of a circus?  Why participate in a farce that's getting to look like the rigged elections of underdeveloped or authoritarian-ruled countries?  Why be used by manipulators, in the first place?  Time to wake up, people.  Stop being sheeple.  Stop the manipulation by powers-that-be who take advantage of the "popular vote."   >:(

You are not being presented with real political alternatives or choices here.  Just different figureheads to front the same political chicanery behind the established system of those powers-that-be.  The killers of Middle-class America, the financial supporters of a military-industrial complex, the big corporate entities of legal fiction with exploitative managements who exploit people.   Are you/we dopes to fall for that?

I'll believe the system on the day you can prosecute traitors and political criminals like Cheney and Bush Junior and their cabal.  Instead what do you have?  Camaraderie between Obama and Bush Junior.  Neither Obama nor Romney has the guts to cry foul against the people who have undermined this country.  Ask yourself: Why?  Why can't they be the shining knight in full armor for the people?  Cause they are both DIRTY.  They cannot come before God and men with clean hands and a clear conscience.  Cause their balls are held by the system's manipulators.  Cause they can't bite the hands that feed them.   F___k them and the system.  You can't even get a little justice from the traffic court or DMV these days, or some decent, truthful program hosting from a moron like Noory.  What are you expecting the f______g political system to do for you, except to rob or oppress you more!   >:(

The power you cite is good only in the context and content of "honorable men" -- like the men who founded this country.  Who are your "honorable men" today?  Your candidates?  Politicians in office?  The sheeple who have become dumb-downed by the system (political, educational, religious, social)?  Sheeple who kept the Bush cabal alive for eight years?  Sheeple who were intimidated by the fear-mongering cabal?  Is Brutus any more honorable than the other Roman co-conspirators for having killed Ceasar?  Dude, the Roman Republic fell after that, and not long after the rise of the Empire, it collapsed and decayed.  There would be no tyrants if there were no slaves (sheeple today).

Yes, I thought it out before answering.  I think.  I thought.  And I refuse to be further dumb-downed and used by the system! >:(   Did you do any thinking at all?   8)

Juan

I'll be headed to the polls because there are local elections where my vote may actually count for something.  For president, maybe Gary Johnson.

You want to drive the establishment types of both parties crazy?  Point out that the U.S. Constitution does not have a provision granting the right to vote.  It merely says that if a state gives its citizens the right, it has to be given to everyone 18 or over.

And the folks who say, "It doesn't matter who you vote for, just vote," have no idea how close to the truth they are.

Zircon

Quote from: McPhallus on June 02, 2012, 06:32:45 PM

Assuming you made a typo by non-lethal?

That being said, we are not a democracy, we are a republic.  The founding fathers knew the public en masse was too stupid to make such decisions and set it up that way while throwing them a plastic bone in the form of a pseudo vote.

Self-righteous "get your ass out there and vote" types are annoying as hell.

All candidates always suck.... The ones who would be good at running things have no chance of getting into office by design.

So anyway.... Fuck 'em all.
Yes, "fuck 'em all" HOWEVER ... you had better vote for the person who you feel will fuck you up the ass less than the other guy. "Self righteous" get out and vote people are at least trying to get the stupid fucking American moron to wake up for just a few moments and do something. The stupid fucking American public is more interested in a Kardashian (fucking useless whining whores), who is fucking and sucking who in Hollywood, fucking pussy vampire movies and shit recording artists. They all LIKE Obama without giving a flying fuck what it is he is doing to us. Obviously he is just one of many who fuck us as a matter of course. If getting fucked over and again was ever deserved it is deserved by us. But I am finding somebody trying to jab something into my ass on a daily basis. I am going to cut off that god damn serpent if I see one coming my way again. Then I will force it down the bastards throat and watch the mother fucker choke !!!

Zircon

Quote from: stevesh on June 03, 2012, 05:30:39 AM
Yes, you are right it is propaganda. I didn't vote in 1988 for that reason and then I went with Ross Perot in 1992 and 1996. What we got was a president whose campaign was financed by the Peoples Liberation Army of China. In return they got a 25 year jump in missile technology from Lorale and other Clintonistas.

texaskdog

Quote from: Zircon on June 04, 2012, 01:25:44 PM
Yes, "fuck 'em all" HOWEVER ... you had better vote for the person who you feel will fuck you up the ass less than the other guy. "Self righteous" get out and vote people are at least trying to get the stupid fucking American moron to wake up for just a few moments and do something. The stupid fucking American public is more interested in a Kardashian (fucking useless whining whores), who is fucking and sucking who in Hollywood, fucking pussy vampire movies and shit recording artists. They all LIKE Obama without giving a flying fuck what it is he is doing to us. Obviously he is just one of many who fuck us as a matter of course. If getting fucked over and again was ever deserved it is deserved by us. But I am finding somebody trying to jab something into my ass on a daily basis. I am going to cut off that god damn serpent if I see one coming my way again. Then I will force it down the bastards throat and watch the mother fucker choke !!!

I see little point in voting for Romney or Obama.  They keep giving us more of the same BS every time.

Zircon

Quote from: texaskdog on June 04, 2012, 01:30:08 PM
I see little point in voting for Romney or Obama.  They keep giving us more of the same BS every time.
Well, this time around we can elect a rich, white Mormon who actually might do something for the American workers or re-elect a Choom-king a strutting gangsta enforcer from south Chicago who has a thing against those "unlike" himself. Fucking prick bastard and gestapo buddy, Eric Von Himmler a la Holder.

Zircon

Well, it appears I know how to shut down a thread.

I'm going to vote for Romney. Why the hell not?

b_dubb

romney / pink slip 2012. looking forward to getting completely ruined by run away corporate freebies

Zircon

Geez! What the hell do you think is happening under the Obama administration?

I have a (an?) Hawaiin birth certificate.  I think that means I can't vote ...

Zircon

Is it a certificate of live birth or an actual birth certificate? All other states issue a birth certificate - like mine from Massachusetts. If Hawaii will not issue what the other 49 do then I would agree with you, you shouldn't get to vote. Having said that, you'll probably vote 3 or 4 times and the democratic party bus will cart you from one precinct to the next. Now if you've also been issued a death certificate (I guess that is what they call it?) you can vote an additional 2 times.

Frys Girl

Whom will you vote for in 2012?

On which show? Dancing with the Stars? American Idol? Duets? The Voice? America's Got Talent? X-Factor?

Zircon

Well, there you have it - six votes right there.

Quote from: Zircon on June 04, 2012, 08:24:20 PM
Is it a certificate of live birth or an actual birth certificate? All other states issue a birth certificate - like mine from Massachusetts. If Hawaii will not issue what the other 49 do then I would agree with you, you shouldn't get to vote. Having said that, you'll probably vote 3 or 4 times and the democratic party bus will cart you from one precinct to the next. Now if you've also been issued a death certificate (I guess that is what they call it?) you can vote an additional 2 times.

As I am sure you guessed, I was kidding. I'm actually a Canuck.  But coincidentally, I was issued a certificate of live birth - it was pretty common back then in more rural areas, where there wasn't much in the way of government services in less populous areas. I didn't get a birth certificate until after 9/11 when the Canadian government put in stricter rules for issuing passports, for obvious reasons.

I can't speak for Hawaii, or other states for that matter, but I suspect there are hundreds of thousands of genuine American citizens who were issued certificates of live birth by rural doctors or hospitals, or in my case, a parish priest (!) back in the fifties and sixties, before the long arm of state (provincial in my case) and federal governments had infiltrated every corner of the country.

Zircon

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on June 04, 2012, 09:35:47 PM

As I am sure you guessed, I was kidding. I'm actually a Canuck.  But coincidentally, I was issued a certificate of live birth - it was pretty common back then in more rural areas, where there wasn't much in the way of government services in less populous areas. I didn't get a birth certificate until after 9/11 when the Canadian government put in stricter rules for issuing passports, for obvious reasons.

I can't speak for Hawaii, or other states for that matter, but I suspect there are hundreds of thousands of genuine American citizens who were issued certificates of live birth by rural doctors or hospitals, or in my case, a parish priest (!) back in the fifties and sixties, before the long arm of state (provincial in my case) and federal governments had infiltrated every corner of the country.
OK, I can see it if a rural birth occurred but Honolulu, Hawaii is hardly Podunk, Arkansas. Here is the question about Hawaii ... was everybody in 1961 issued a Certificate of Live Birth in Hawaii. If not, when did it change?

Quote from: Zircon on June 04, 2012, 09:44:16 PM
OK, I can see it if a rural birth occurred but Honolulu, Hawaii is hardly Podunk, Arkansas. Here is the question about Hawaii ... was everybody in 1961 issued a Certificate of Live Birth in Hawaii. If not, when did it change?
Fair point, and good question.  I believe Hawaii gained statehood in 1959, so I wouldn't be surprised if the government bureaucracy was pretty nascent then.  I suspect Honolulu was much smaller then, and while not Podunk per se, likely resembled most island/nation states of the time.  I think a lot of the uproar around Obama's birth certificate results from people applying modern standards to decidedly non-modern times.

For instance, a good deal of the conspiracy theories around the Kennedy assassination fall into the same trap.  They apply modern standards of presidential security to Kennedy's Secret Service detail, when in fact the standards were much, much different then.  Instead of appreciating that riding around in a slow moving convertible was not considered dangerous at the time, conspiracy theorists say it was an orchestrated lapse in protocol.  I suspect the same holds true for Obama's birth certificate.

It would be very interesting to find out just how commonly certificates of live birth were issued in the early days of Hawaiin statehood, Zircon, you are absolutely right.  But I doubt very much that those who have already made up their minds would be swayed by simple facts, one way or the other.

Frys Girl

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on June 04, 2012, 07:58:24 PM
I have a (an?) Hawaiin birth certificate.  I think that means I can't vote ...
A Hawaiian certificate.

Lovely Bones

All other issues aside, I would never consider voting for Obama, not in 2008 and not now, because of his views on the Constitution.

These are evident in his policies and delineated in a video, circa 2004, in which he bemoans the U.S. Constitution for being a series of negative liberties with regard to government powers. 

I had terrible history teachers in junior high and high school (a lot of football coaches who just had us read the text book and outline chapters, no real teaching), but my understanding has always been that that was the point--a social contract between "we the people" and the government based on a limited number of items the federal government was responsible for, all else belonging to the states and to the individual. 

This recent "Story of Jane" or whatever it's called shows how the current administration feels about government involvement in individuals' lives, with the government there with/for Jane from the moment she's born till the moment she croaks. 

Save me from that kind of federal government, please.  It's the same kind of thing Bloomberg espouses on a local level, mucking up people's individual rights. 

Zircon

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on June 04, 2012, 10:06:52 PM
Fair point, and good question.  I believe Hawaii gained statehood in 1959, so I wouldn't be surprised if the government bureaucracy was pretty nascent then.  I suspect Honolulu was much smaller then, and while not Podunk per se, likely resembled most island/nation states of the time.  I think a lot of the uproar around Obama's birth certificate results from people applying modern standards to decidedly non-modern times.

For instance, a good deal of the conspiracy theories around the Kennedy assassination fall into the same trap.  They apply modern standards of presidential security to Kennedy's Secret Service detail, when in fact the standards were much, much different then.  Instead of appreciating that riding around in a slow moving convertible was not considered dangerous at the time, conspiracy theorists say it was an orchestrated lapse in protocol.  I suspect the same holds true for Obama's birth certificate.

It would be very interesting to find out just how commonly certificates of live birth were issued in the early days of Hawaiin statehood, Zircon, you are absolutely right.  But I doubt very much that those who have already made up their minds would be swayed by simple facts, one way or the other.
I agree with your assessment of the minds of folks at this time. I guess it could be said that if Obama loses the 2012 election, they will just brush this particular concern under the rug and try to vet people for effectively in the future. Things is there has been so much legislation mandated by the executive branch in this term I am wondering what the damage will ultimately prove to be during this president's time in office?

Zircon

Quote from: Lovely Bones on June 05, 2012, 09:12:40 AM
All other issues aside, I would never consider voting for Obama, not in 2008 and not now, because of his views on the Constitution.

These are evident in his policies and delineated in a video, circa 2004, in which he bemoans the U.S. Constitution for being a series of negative liberties with regard to government powers. 

I had terrible history teachers in junior high and high school (a lot of football coaches who just had us read the text book and outline chapters, no real teaching), but my understanding has always been that that was the point--a social contract between "we the people" and the government based on a limited number of items the federal government was responsible for, all else belonging to the states and to the individual. 

This recent "Story of Jane" or whatever it's called shows how the current administration feels about government involvement in individuals' lives, with the government there with/for Jane from the moment she's born till the moment she croaks. 

Save me from that kind of federal government, please.  It's the same kind of thing Bloomberg espouses on a local level, mucking up people's individual rights. 
Lovely, your post was absolutely right on target. I think we share a common idea in that if the American public knew that he regarded the Constitution as a restrictive document, giving people too much freedom, he'd not have been elected. I am even more shocked that the democratic hierarchy had to know what his game plan was and went on a religious crusade to get him nominated and elected. The man was advertised as a conquering Caesar when campaigning and the Greek/Roman/"President-Elect" plane presented him as a savior like Hitler riding his white horse.

Lovely Bones

Quote from: Zircon on June 06, 2012, 11:33:51 AM
Lovely, your post was absolutely right on target. I think we share a common idea in that if the American public knew that he regarded the Constitution as a restrictive document, giving people too much freedom, he'd not have been elected. I am even more shocked that the democratic hierarchy had to know what his game plan was and went on a religious crusade to get him nominated and elected. The man was advertised as a conquering Caesar when campaigning and the Greek/Roman/"President-Elect" plane presented him as a savior like Hitler riding his white horse.

What I saw BO saying in the video was a specific complaint that the Constitution limited the power of the government.  Well, uh, Barack, that was what it was designed to do.  I'm still with the Founding Fathers who had the foresight make certain our republic was set up that way.

What worries me is that I'm not certain how many folks would have changed their vote in 2008 had they known this about him.  Too many seem too willing to abandon the basic principles on which this country was established in order to receive freebies and hand-outs; too many are willing to abandon their own freedoms because they don't want the personal responsibilities that come along with those freedoms, IMO. 

Individual liberty made this country the once-great country that it was.  The more our fellow countrymen are willing to trade their individual liberties for a government that will "take care" of them, the closer we are to dooming this once-great experiment. 

At the close of the Constitutional Convention of 1787,  [Benjamin] Franklin was queried as he left Independence Hall on the final day of deliberation. In the notes of Dr. James McHenry, one of Maryland’s delegates to the Convention,  a lady asked Dr. Franklin “Well Doctor what have we got, a republic or a monarchy.”  Franklin replied, “A republic . . . if you can keep it.”

Zircon

Quote from: Lovely Bones on June 07, 2012, 09:16:59 AM
What I saw BO saying in the video was a specific complaint that the Constitution limited the power of the government.  Well, uh, Barack, that was what it was designed to do.  I'm still with the Founding Fathers who had the foresight make certain our republic was set up that way.
Absolutely. We're on the same page here and I'd like to think most people are. Thinking that you're about to get your pocket picked doesn't set well with Americans. Yep, a sucker born every second (these days anyway) but more "seasoned" individuals don't like being regarded as a "chump". You folks, and fragmented groups like gay/lesbian, single women and minorities have been convinced the problem is white men and that has been glued to republicanism.

QuoteWhat worries me is that I'm not certain how many folks would have changed their vote in 2008 had they known this about him.  Too many seem too willing to abandon the basic principles on which this country was established in order to receive freebies and hand-outs; too many are willing to abandon their own freedoms because they don't want the personal responsibilities that come along with those freedoms, IMO.
Again, the young and minorities. I've asked my youngest daughter what she saw in him to cast her vote his way - he is "cool" was her response.   

QuoteIndividual liberty made this country the once-great country that it was.  The more our fellow countrymen are willing to trade their individual liberties for a government that will "take care" of them, the closer we are to dooming this once-great experiment.
Those running our financial health can force people to do things they'd not ordinarily consider. If you make a person hungry enough (figuratively and possibly literally in the near future) you can force your will over them. From 2012 on, I feel draconian measures will need to be undertaken to get a grip. Personally I don't see our recovering and having a balanced budget anytime soon. If Romney wins he may very well be a one-term executive himself as our cataclysmic situation can't be undone quickly and whoever is in office is going to get the blame. Clinton is banking on Obama being defeated and then Romney being run out of town in 2016. What the hell is she going to bring in? She is going to run in 2016 - make no mistake. Her platform will cite that we've had Obama and then Romney with unacceptable results.

At the close of the Constitutional Convention of 1787,  [Benjamin] Franklin was queried as he left Independence Hall on the final day of deliberation. In the notes of Dr. James McHenry, one of Maryland’s delegates to the Convention,  a lady asked Dr. Franklin “Well Doctor what have we got, a republic or a monarchy.”  Franklin replied, “A republic . . . if you can keep it.”

[/quote]

texaskdog

Quote from: Zircon on June 04, 2012, 01:51:56 PM
Well, this time around we can elect a rich, white Mormon who actually might do something for the American workers or re-elect a Choom-king a strutting gangsta enforcer from south Chicago who has a thing against those "unlike" himself. Fucking prick bastard and gestapo buddy, Eric Von Himmler a la Holder.

Romney & Obama aren't much different.  Neither will accomplish much.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: texaskdog on June 07, 2012, 11:32:14 AM
Romney & Obama aren't much different.  Neither will accomplish much.

agreed.  romney will take us to oblivion a bit more slowly than obama, perhaps... but he's not a reformer or an extremist.  he's blue blood establishment all the way.  that term "extremist" is universally used as a pejorative, and that's a shame.  we need an extremist in these extreme times.  our country's founders were ALL called extremists... and considering the ideas they wanted to implement, they WERE. 

americans deserve this slow rot we find ourselves in.  we vote for the wrong people for the wrong reasons.  we continue participating in this farcical 2-party system with no end in sight.  we refuse to vote for politicians who might have had an orgasm at some point in their past.  we allow our jobs to leave the country in the name of "free trade."  the list of our failures and mistakes goes on.  it's just infuriating.