• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

I Love Cool, Crisp Evenings

Started by ItsOver, January 14, 2014, 07:34:25 PM

ItsOver

I'm setting in the patio of one of my favorite places.  I'm down south so it isn't bitter cold.  Maybe in the fifties.

I'm next to a nice gas-fired heater, fealing as cozy as a cat warming itself on a sunny ledge.  A glass of carmenere in hand, as I admire a full Moon with either Venus or Jupiter by her side.  What a beautiful night in January. :)

bateman

It really does not get better than that.

ItsOver

It's a drop dead gorgeous night here.  We had a southwest type sunset, a flame-lit sky with a light veil of pink cirrus clouds.  Now it's perfectly clear, no wind, with the full Moon.

ItsOver

I love the smell of the air when it's like this.  Sharp, with just a hint of smokiness, maybe from nearby fireplaces.  It makes you feel alive.

Quote from: ItsOver on January 14, 2014, 08:02:30 PM
I love the smell of the air when it's like this.  Sharp, with just a hint of smokiness, maybe from nearby fireplaces.  It makes you feel alive.

Peeps talk a lot about the view, but the smell is what grabs me by the short hairs.  There are certain times a year where I live when those smells really dominate your senses.  Those are my favorites...but I have a lot of favorites.

ItsOver

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on January 14, 2014, 08:24:41 PM
Peeps talk a lot about the view, but the smell is what grabs me by the short hairs.  There are certain times a year where I live when those smells really dominate your senses.  Those are my favorites...but I have a lot of favorites.
Yes.

zeebo

Quote from: ItsOver on January 14, 2014, 07:52:11 PM
It's a drop dead gorgeous night here.  We had a southwest type sunset, a flame-lit sky with a light veil of pink cirrus clouds.  Now it's perfectly clear, no wind, with the full Moon.

Very similar sunset here Oregon-ways.  Was in an astronomical mind when I cruised out at sunset heading east for a bento box and the full moon cresting over a pastel sunset-reflecting mountain range actually startled me.  Looked like a painting, almost surreal. 

George Drooly

Stood in firelight, sweltering. Bloodstain on chest like map of violent new continent. Felt cleansed. Felt dark planet turn under my feet and knew what cats know that makes them scream like babies in night.

Looked at sky through smoke heavy with human fat and God was not there. The cold, suffocating dark goes on forever and we are alone. Live our lives, lacking anything better to do. Devise reason later. Born from oblivion; bear children, hell-bound as ourselves, go into oblivion. There is nothing else.

Existence is random. Has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it for too long. No meaning save what we choose to impose. This rudderless world is not shaped by vague metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It’s us. Only us. Streets stank of fire. The void breathed hard on my heart, turning its illusions to ice, shattering them. Was reborn then, free to scrawl own design on this morally blank worl--

Oh, sorry, what were we talking about?

I'm on my way to work with a smile on my face this morning. 
Thank you, thank you, thank you.      :)

maureen

Quote from: ItsOver on January 14, 2014, 07:34:25 PM
I'm setting in the patio of one of my favorite places.  I'm down south so it isn't bitter cold.  Maybe in the fifties.

I'm next to a nice gas-fired heater, fealing as cozy as a cat warming itself on a sunny ledge.  A glass of carmenere in hand, as I admire a full Moon with either Venus or Jupiter by her side.  What a beautiful night in January. :)
lovely!! a jewel of contentment to treasure a lifetime! :D

MV/Liberace!

people in africa are dying of aids.  your callous disregard stuns me.

Quote from: MV on January 15, 2014, 12:15:26 PM

It's not callous disregard.  It's perspective -- that there is also much beauty in the world along side the ugly parts.  If you don't remind yourself of that, this world will break your heart.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on January 15, 2014, 01:34:08 PM
It's not callous disregard.  It's perspective -- that there is also much beauty in the world along side the ugly parts.  If you don't remind yourself of that, this world will break your heart.

sarcasm sure doesn't slip past you, now does it?

Quote from: MV on January 15, 2014, 01:59:20 PM
sarcasm sure doesn't slip past you, now does it?

I just wanted to feel superior for a few brief moments.  cockblocker.

maureen

;D lol.... dry, very dry!!  ;D

ItsOver

people in afric
a are dying of aids.  your callous disregard stuns me.
I know.  I'm a callous pig, MV.  I'll listen to Noory tonight as penance.  Five minutes should be appropriate.  I hope I can last.  The horror.

cweb

I am so having a beer when I get home.

zeebo

Quote from: ItsOver on January 15, 2014, 02:21:29 PM
...I'll listen to Noory tonight as penance.  Five minutes should be appropriate....

Dude it doesn't count unless you make it through the Carnivora ad.

ItsOver

Egads, not the dreaded Carnivora?  That's C-A-R-N...

aldousburbank

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on January 15, 2014, 01:34:08 PM
I have decided to break the world's heart before it does mine.

Quote from: aldousburbank on January 16, 2014, 10:49:31 AM
I have decided to break the world's heart before it does mine.

Oh, aldous, you've already broken mine... :'( 

Oh, wait....I think that was Art.  Nevermind.   ;)

ItsOver

No, it's not over.  Not quite yet.  A beautiful, crisp night is back.  One of the last before the oppressive heat and humidity of Summer begins creeping in.  I thought it wise not to miss the opportunity to savor this cool night and enjoy.  Tonight it's a smooth, peppery cabernet for removing the edge of the day.  Just a sliver of the Moon has risen above the western horizon, with a few cotton candy cirrus clouds gently floating by.  Relax, and merge with the night.

McPhallus

Quote from: ItsOver on April 30, 2014, 07:56:18 PM
No, it's not over.  Not quite yet.  A beautiful, crisp night is back.  One of the last before the oppressive heat and humidity of Summer begins creeping in.  I thought it wise not to miss the opportunity to savor this cool night and enjoy.  Tonight it's a smooth, peppery cabernet for removing the edge of the day.  Just a sliver of the Moon has risen above the western horizon, with a few cotton candy cirrus clouds gently floating by.  Relax, and merge with the night.

This is poetry.

zeebo

Quote from: ItsOver on April 30, 2014, 07:56:18 PM
No, it's not over.  Not quite yet.  A beautiful, crisp night is back.  One of the last before the oppressive heat and humidity of Summer begins creeping in...

Summer is already peeking in here - just had our first 90 degree day.  I need a vacation home in Antarctica.

ItsOver

Quote from: McPhallus on April 30, 2014, 08:07:50 PM
This is poetry.
Thank you.  We all have our demons.  I feel fortunate to have my nirvana.

zeebo

Quote from: McPhallus on April 30, 2014, 08:07:50 PM
This is poetry.

Poetry is nice
But I still prefer haiku
When it is done well

;D

How about some tunes for a comfortable evening?  Little past evening now I suppose but no less relaxing.  Can't listen to Roy without thinking back to Bellgab anymore.

"RUNNING SCARED" - Roy Orbison (1961)