• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

GravitySucks

Does this guest have a coke habit or just allergies?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on July 04, 2018, 12:13:05 AM
Does this guest have a coke habit or just allergies?

Maybe both.

WinWinS

Quote from: WinWinS on July 03, 2018, 11:05:46 PM
Check out Second Harvest Heartland
http://www.2harvest.org/

$1 feeds 3 meals for one person! Sign up to become a Time Traveler and $4.00 will go to feeding those in need.
Trust me, I know this organization and all the money goes to donations. They are a great organization so please help and spread the word. Tell friends and family to subscribe to #MITD. It's a WinWin situation (see what I did there  ;))

Use this link to become a Time Traveler and share it with your friends to help out Second Harvest Heartland & hear Dave anytime and anywhere!!!

http://midnightinthedesert.com/hunger

WOTR

Quote from: GravitySucks on July 04, 2018, 12:09:14 AM
I’ll save you time. They made their own out of what ever barbed wire was available.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concertina_wire
Thanks... But now I'm a little stuck.  The man claims to have some "meriweather" barbed wire dating to 1853 in his collection.  According to https://encyclopedia.1914-1918-online.net/article/barbed_wire "Barbed wire was invented in France in 1860 and was further developed in the US.  Does this mean that the mean that the meriweather was not true barbed wire?  What are the origins of the stuff, and why have I never thought to ask these questions before tonigh?

I won't burden you with my little break with reality.  I'll just grab a beer and hunt for "meriweather snake ribbon" to see what the answer might be...  ;)

GravitySucks

Quote from: WOTR on July 04, 2018, 12:16:52 AM
Thanks... But now I'm a little stuck.  The man claims to have some "meriweather" barbed wire dating to 1853 in his collection.  According to https://encyclopedia.1914-1918-online.net/article/barbed_wire "Barbed wire was invented in France in 1860 and was further developed in the US.  Does this mean that the mean that the meriweather was not true barbed wire?  What are the origins of the stuff, and why have I never thought to ask these questions before tonigh?

I won't burden you with my little break with reality.  I'll just grab a beer and hunt for "meriweather snake ribbon" to see what the answer might be...  ;)

To graduate hs in Texas there were actually several questions about barbed wire and the Texas Rangers on the Texas History final but that was a lifetime ago. Ask albrecht. He knows the answer. I am sure of it.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/the-culture/texas-primer-barbed-wire/

K_Dubb

The evidence for bigfoot is being suppressed by Big Park.

painter17

Quote from: GravitySucks on July 03, 2018, 11:42:40 PM
I was going to offer to match them all but then I figured Bart Ell would start some viral marketing campaign and I would end up being a client right after being a donor. That dude is a marketing genius.

Totally.....He needs to actually start selling some of that schlock on his website. I absolutely would have unironically purchased that Keith Rowland coffee mug he had up.... it was so funny and creepy and awesome

Quote from: Dyna-X on July 04, 2018, 12:06:44 AM
I could tell he was on point and credible somehow.

I'm looking forward to Dr. Brandenburg on Mars on Friday as well. I have not found any space whistleblowers that I have found to be credible except Brandenburg - got in a debate with expat about isotopes, so we are into the nitty gritty and equations when it comes to proof.

He has said a few other things that I have heard through other sources, so either they are true or the Lawrence Livermore lab was infested with scuttlebutt.
I'll have to make sure I catch that show. Sounds good.
Yeah, so many disinformation agents out there.
It's an agenda.  :(

Lol - Expat's alright. He knows his field.   

GravitySucks

Quote from: painter17 on July 04, 2018, 12:23:39 AM
Totally.....He needs to actually start selling some of that schlock on his website. I absolutely would have unironically purchased that Keith Rowland coffee mug he had up.... it was so funny and creepy and awesome

I am glad I preordered the WooWoo Implant Finder.  No idea when those will be in stock again.

Sean92008

By the way, my most ignored organ is certainly not my colon...  I shit every day, I don't get laid but weekly, I'd consider that being ignored.

Sean92008

Quote from: GravitySucks on July 04, 2018, 12:28:41 AM
I am glad I preordered the WooWoo Implant Finder.  No idea when those will be in stock again.
Did he ever bundle that with the Whitley signature anal lube and odor eliminator?

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 04, 2018, 12:23:34 AM
The evidence for bigfoot is being suppressed by Big Park.

Oh wait, that's South Park, not Big Park.   ;)        ;D

Hi K_Dubb.   

GravitySucks

Quote from: Sean92008 on July 04, 2018, 12:32:31 AM
Did he ever bundle that with the Whitley signature anal lube and odor eliminator?

I had no need for those. Nor the Kuppa Kathy. 

painter17

Quote from: GravitySucks on July 04, 2018, 12:28:41 AM
lol

OMG - Radioactive Banana Cream Pie.     ;D

Dr. MD MD

I dunno. Bigfoot still seems like the most bullshit paranormal topic. The movie that originally sparked the interest is obviously fake. The Bigfoot even gives a thumbs up at the end of it as if to say, Good? Did you get that one?  ::)

Also, are they immortal? Why no remains?

TigerLily

In Knapp's Hunt for the Skinwalker, he writes that witnesses saw a portal open and a Bigfoot lumbered out. The witnesses could see a completely different landscape through the portal. It seemed to me like the Grey's were letting Bigfoot out for walkies like you would your dog

WOTR

Quote from: GravitySucks on July 04, 2018, 12:19:42 AM
To graduate hs in Texas there were actually several questions about barbed wire and the Texas Rangers on the Texas History final but that was a lifetime ago. Ask albrecht. He knows the answer. I am sure of it.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/the-culture/texas-primer-barbed-wire/

Not that anybody cares... But Meriweather fence was the first fence patented in the US.  It was smooth (no barbs).  However, it was the first wire to withstand heat and cold... The patent says that the "undulating zig zag form of the wire renders it a spring..."

This still leaves me thinking that it was not invented in France in 1860 (though it appears that is the first written record of a wire with "barbs in it) However, John Grinninger's name enters into some patent court battles in the USA.  He apparently put up the first actual barbed wire in 1857 (but did not patent it.) The first barbed wire patent in the US was 1867.

So, we are still left wondering who the hell "invented" barbed wire... Or is it like so many inventions where dozens of people contributed until somebody finally claims it's "discovery" and files a patent? (there were other names between Grinninger and the first patent that were brought up in the patent cases). I doubt that the guy in France who was the first to propose the wire had any idea that Grinninger put up something similar in Texas a couple years before...

Anyhow, here is the roadside marker in Texas for the first barbed wire fence in 1857...

Bluejay

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on July 04, 2018, 12:44:00 AM
I dunno. Bigfoot still seems like the most bullshit paranormal topic. The movie that originally sparked the interest is obviously fake. The Bigfoot even gives a thumbs up at the end of it as if to say, Good? Did you get that one?  ::)

GravitySucks

Quote from: WOTR on July 04, 2018, 12:49:46 AM
Not that anybody cares... But Meriweather fence was the first fence patented in the US.  It was smooth (no barbs).  However, it was the first wire to withstand heat and cold... The patent says that the "undulating zig zag form of the wire renders it a spring..."

This still leaves me thinking that it was not invented in France in 1860 (though it appears that is the first written record of a wire with "barbs in it) However, John Grinninger's name enters into some patent court battles in the USA.  He apparently put up the first actual barbed wire in 1857 (but did not patent it.) The first barbed wire patent in the US was 1867.

So, we are still left wondering who the hell "invented" barbed wire... Or is it like so many inventions where dozens of people contributed until somebody finally claims it's "discovery" and files a patent? I doubt that the guy in France who was the first to propose the wire had any idea that Grinninger put up something similar in Texas a couple years before...

Anyhow, here is the roadside marker in Texas for the first barbed wire fence in 1857...

I don’t know but it was my idea to put the bug repellent in with the suntan lotion.  And I invented the browser and actually tried to patent it 10 years before there was an Internet but the patent office had no clue on how to patent software.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on July 04, 2018, 12:44:00 AM

Well, look at the shit they put on TV. They scrape up a couple of Yahoos, send them out in the woods for a day or two. These 'tards are making all kinds of racket and probably stink to high heaven. Then they start banging on trees and hooting and hollering.
If BF is real, he'll hear them goof-balls coming 10 miles off. They're apparently smart enough to avoid the game cams. IWe don't know what spectrum they can see in.
Who knows.
The hairs that have been tested come back as human in about 40% of the cases. What if they are Cro-magnin ?
There's something out there, we just don't know what it is.

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on July 04, 2018, 12:49:37 AM
In Knapp's Hunt for the Skinwalker, he writes that witnesses saw a portal open and a Bigfoot lumbered out. The witnesses could see a completely different landscape through the portal. It seemed to me like the Grey's were letting Bigfoot out for walkies like you would your dog

They peed Bigfoot?

Dr. MD MD

That seems like a way of justifying any unreal chimera. Fairies, unicorns, etc...the reason there's no evidence  of their existence is because they're inter-dimensional.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on July 04, 2018, 12:54:03 AM
Well, look at the shit they put on TV. They scrape up a couple of Yahoos, send them out in the woods for a day or two. These 'tards are making all kinds of racket and probably stink to high heaven. Then they start banging on trees and hooting and hollering.
If BF is real, he'll hear them goof-balls coming 10 miles off. They're apparently smart enough to avoid the game cams. IWe don't know what spectrum they can see in.
Who knows.
The hairs that have been tested come back as human in about 40% of the cases. What if they are Cro-magnin ?
There's something out there, we just don't know what it is.

If they're organic life they probably die. If they exist there should be some evidence of that.

Sean92008

Good night Winnie and Dave.

Another 3 hours that felt like 2.

In Knapp's Hunt for the Skinwalker, he writes that witnesses saw a portal open and a Snoory lumbered out.
FIFY

Greetings Sister Tiger.     ;)