• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell quits Bellgab

Started by Art_s Farts, December 19, 2015, 07:11:36 PM

pyewacket

Quote from: Art_s Farts on December 19, 2015, 07:11:36 PM
Somebody had to do it

Why not? If this is what it takes for Art to get a better focus on his situation, then it's probably for the best. He has a family and his daughter is at the age where she will be more involved in activities that she will want Art to be a part of, too. I can't imagine being his age with a young child- it takes a lot of energy and time. I think devotion to family is a good choice and I hope he stays retied in order to enjoy them.

[sic]

Quote from: Art_s Farts on December 19, 2015, 07:11:36 PM
Somebody had to do it

No one had to do it. Art is being a prick. If you ignore his fits he will return.

You would think being a 70 year old father, he would understand how this works.

Probably not a terrible short-term decision. His posts were..not helping his image.

Coffeeman

Yeah, what was that post of his about $20k being on the table? Yeah, those deals rarely work out when a person does successfully hold up their end. For that kind of money, just hire someone privately. Or maybe he has and is making a presumption the Internet vigilantes and sleuths are actually worth a damn.

paladin1991

Quote from: pyewacket on December 19, 2015, 11:25:10 PM
Why not? If this is what it takes for Art to get a better focus on his situation, then it's probably for the best. He has a family and his daughter is at the age where she will be more involved in activities that she will want Art to be a part of, too. I can't imagine being his age with a young child- it takes a lot of energy and time. I think devotion to family is a good choice and I hope he stays retied in order to enjoy them.

I can't imagine being his age.

paladin1991

Trust me, it will come to you.
[/quote] ;D

Echo

Quote from: Coffeeman on December 20, 2015, 03:20:56 AM
Yeah, what was that post of his about $20k being on the table? Yeah, those deals rarely work out when a person does successfully hold up their end. For that kind of money, just hire someone privately. Or maybe he has and is making a presumption the Internet vigilantes and sleuths are actually worth a damn.

Makes you wonder why Art didn't do that in the first place.   

Diabhal

I didn't think he'd go 3 months without quitting this time. I was legitimately impressed. Thought we'd get the old "argh my back is too bad to use a mic" excuse but this was a fresh and intriguing Serial-esque turn.

GolfGuy

Quote from: Diabhal on December 20, 2015, 06:06:32 AM
I didn't think he'd go 3 months without quitting this time. I was legitimately impressed. Thought we'd get the old "argh my back is too bad to use a mic" excuse but this was a fresh and intriguing Serial-esque turn.

I thought this time was going to be different and he'd go a couple years at least..  My reason was because he was so excited to be doing something "revolutionary" with MiTD via the streaming model.  It appeared he had started to achieve critical mass the past month from a business model especially in signing some larger OaT affiliates. 

But, all good things must end so good bye Art and thanks for the good radio.

wr250

Quote from: rekcuf on December 19, 2015, 11:28:43 PM
Probably not a terrible short-term decision. His posts were..not helping his image.
true , but does dave still suck?

Wintermute

Didn't think he'd make it till NYE. I don't think Bell made up hearing gun shots. I think he amplified the drama though.

Killing his Facebook page was telling. It was closed to "Friends" only for a while. He could have continued to block trolls. Frankly after setting it to Friends Only, the trolls were pretty much taken care of. Killing the account = hiding from the audience. By hiding from the audience, he can't publicly support Heather or Keith.

The irony is that conspiracy theories seemed to be his last straw. One of his last comments to fans was something about an Asian sex thing was how Heather got the gig... BIZARRE-O!!! Kind of like the stuff Hoagland says on DMR & C2C. That the place that people celebrate all things anti-Snoory is also slagging Heather (assumed to be in poor taste).

Honestly, how could you write a better ending to Art Bell's dramatic on-air career? You can't.

anunnaki

Quote from: Coffeeman on December 20, 2015, 03:20:56 AM
The Government Does it all the time
https://www.google.com/search?q=post+office+wanted+posters&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiM9KLare3JAhXF2SYKHRFOChIQsAQIKA&biw=1280&bih=600

https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/pressroom/wanted.aspx
Reward up to $10,000
SHOOTING DEATH OF A
CONTRACT TRUCK DRIVER

The U.S. Postal Inspection Service is offering a reward of up to $100,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the suspect(s) who shot to death a postal contract driver on Friday, October 2, 2009, between the hours of 5:45 p.m. and 6:15 p.m. at the Camp Hill, Alabama Post Office, 36850.

This case is being jointly investigated by the U.S. Postal Inspection Service, Tallapoosa County Sheriff’s Department, Alabama Bureau of Investigation and Camp Hill Police Department.

The same reward may be payable for information and service leading to the arrest and conviction of any person:

(A) As an accessory to the above crime;
    (B) For conspiracy to commit the above crime;
    (C) For receiving or having unlawful possession of any property secured through the above crime.

ANY INFORMATION CONCERNING THIS CRIME
SHOULD BE FURNISHED TO:

U.S. Postal Inspection Service 1-877-876-2455 (select Option 2)

Tallapoosa County Sheriff’s Department at 1-256-825-4264

Secret Witness Number at 1-256-827-2035

TAKE NO ACTION TO APPREHEND THIS PERSON YOURSELF
If you have any information about this incident, please contact the:
U.S. Postal Inspection Service at 1-877-876-2455 (select Option 2)

All information will be kept strictly confidential.

anunnaki

Quote from: Echo on December 20, 2015, 05:09:42 AM
Makes you wonder why Art didn't do that in the first place.

Could be to CYA so as to legitimize the Bogus Story a la OJ Simpson. I previously suggested the idea on 12-10-2015

MY Post:Note my Second Paragraph, then read Art's post

Some have offered to go to Art's and offer Security Service and while that is nice, it could also be problematic re: liability issues etc.
Here's an idea I haven't seen mentioned- Why not create a Bounty/Reward fund for information leading to the successful apprehension and prosecution of any and all perpetrators harassing
Art Bell and his Family ?

Money Talks, Assholes Boast. When an Asshole has a price on his head, friends he shot his mouth off to and boasted to, quickly become interested in how much money said Asshole is now worth to them.

I leave the details of creating such a fund to those knowledgeable but would suggest it include wording that should a Law Officer(s) be the one to crack the case, since most of them are not allowed to accept this type of remuneration, some wording be incorporated for said reward to go to a spouse or other family member if legally possible.

Put a price on this Scumbag's Head $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Art's Post: Nine (9)Days After my post (His "good idea" is referencing a previous thought of his not my post)

Now that is a good idea! Perhaps he or she has bragged to somebody!

I will offer $20,000.00 to anybody providing information leading to the Arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for the Stalking Terror resulting in my Leaving the air from MITD.

Art Bell

Soylentblue

Bell is a serial quitter. He is also a serial returner.

Art has  history. This isn't the first time he has done it and it most certainly won't be his last.

Bell will return to this website, (I bet he is lurking, cause his ego will not allow him to leave it alone) and Bell will return to the airwaves in one form or another.

Guaranteed!

Juan

I don't blame him.  I quit Bellgab for a few hours last night, myself.

Quote from: Juan on December 21, 2015, 10:44:39 AM

And yet here you are again today. Waffler.  ;)

ponyboysunset

He'll be back, I mean how else can he quit again? Besides he already dangled the carrot hosting wise. So I say a month. After the holidays have come and gone he'll be back. Let's say 1-19-16. Just for fun.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: ziznak on December 21, 2015, 11:03:39 AM
haha nice avy pbs
IB made it, I just stole it and decided to use it. And being gay myself it was just an added bonus. Heh.

ItsOver

Quote from: Juan on December 21, 2015, 10:44:39 AM
I can quit BellGab but I just can't quit MV.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: ItsOver on December 21, 2015, 11:12:11 AM
I can quit BellGab but I just can't quit MV.

OMG this is the funniest thing I have seen in days!

DanTSX

I don't blame him.

So many of his "fans" here have been nothing but ungrateful, selfish, childish,  shitheads over the past two weeks.  Of course there are plenty of appreciative fans, but holy shit a lot of you guys have problems.  The leading strategy seems to insult Art back into broadcasting.  Great plan, psychos.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: DanTSX on December 21, 2015, 11:37:41 AM
I don't blame him.

So many of his "fans" here have been nothing but ungrateful, selfish, childish,  shitheads over the past two weeks.  Of course there are plenty of appreciative fans, but holy shit a lot of you guys have problems.  The leading strategy seems to insult Art back into broadcasting.  Great plan, psychos.
I'm here having a good time. That's it. I take none of this shit seriously.

Quote from: DanTSX on December 21, 2015, 11:37:41 AM
I don't blame him.

So many of his "fans" here have been nothing but ungrateful, selfish, childish,  shitheada over the past two weeks.  Of course there are plenty of appreciative fans, but holy shit a lot of you guys have problems.

I think both parties have lost perspective. Art has always had the power during this saga. Art does what he wants, like he always has. I don't feel sorry for him regarding quitting BellGab/social media. He has no control over what other people say about him. Period. He should know that by now. He has an established track record. Nothing else follows...

DanTSX

Quote from: ponyboysunset on December 21, 2015, 11:42:17 AM
I'm here having a good time. That's it. I take none of this shit seriously.

I imagine it's not very amusing for art to be accused of killing Ramona and airyn to be accused of being the shooter, or cucking art right off the air.

DanTSX

Quote from: rekcuf on December 21, 2015, 11:49:09 AM
I think both parties have lost perspective. Art has always had the power during this saga. Art does what he wants, like he always has. I don't feel sorry for him regarding quitting BellGab/social media. He has no control over what other people say about him. Period. He should know that by now. He has an established track record. Nothing else follows...

So is it his fault or the fault of the people posting the shit?  Who is responsible for their content?

ZomZom

Art's stated reason for leaving BellGab was because of "the awful things said about Heather and myself," which is a bit like leaving Nye County because it has brothels.

ziznak

none of this makes any sense anymore