• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

b_dubb

recruiters kind of suck.  i updated my resume on monter dot com and now my phones are melting from the phone calls from recruiters trying to pimp me out to potential employers.  this also doubles as an upside.  cause my last contract ended and doing freelance work is a pain in the ass. 

Quote from: b_dubb on February 08, 2012, 10:21:45 AM
cause my last contract ended and doing freelance work is a pain in the ass.

What kind of work do you do?

McPhallus

Don't you love it when you get 10 phone calls from 10 different recruiters, all of whom are are from the same company trying to fill the same job?  Oh, and 8 of them mumble and can't speak English properly.

Quote from: b_dubb on February 08, 2012, 10:21:45 AM
recruiters kind of suck.  i updated my resume on monter dot com and now my phones are melting from the phone calls from recruiters trying to pimp me out to potential employers.  this also doubles as an upside.  cause my last contract ended and doing freelance work is a pain in the ass.

MV/Liberace!

adam sandler has never made me laugh... not even once.  NEVER.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on February 14, 2012, 08:38:38 AM
adam sandler has never made me laugh... not even once.  NEVER.
But the "Turkey Song" is such a hoot!

I had the misfortune of seeing him do  live standup in 1989, when he was still on "Remote Control". It was unspeakably bad, and I hated my friends for dragging me there. No wonder I stoppped hanging with them when I was 16...

Eddie Coyle

I'm praying for one of these "glitter bomb" freaks to get shot between the eyes.

MV/Liberace!

i just found out through facebook that a very good friend of mine with whom i lost contact died THREE YEARS AGO.  wtf.  that's a shock, and what an awful way to find out. 

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on February 18, 2012, 12:13:13 AM
i just found out through facebook that a very good friend of mine with whom i lost contact died THREE YEARS AGO.  wtf.  that's a shock, and what an awful way to find out.
Sympathies and condolences...

b_dubb

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on February 20, 2012, 07:55:53 PM
the top of his head looks like a comfortable seat.

a comfortable seat ... for an ass?  an ... asshat perhaps?

McPhallus

Quote from: b_dubb on February 20, 2012, 09:10:19 PM
a comfortable seat ... for an ass?  an ... asshat perhaps?

There's another video floating around where he talks.  Apparently he likes the fat chicks.  He and Nimoy.

MV/Liberace!

i've been to all of the lower 48 states and to every major american city.  the meanest, nastiest people i've encountered have CONSISTENTLY been from the upper midwest (michigan, wisconsin).  what a bunch of fucking cunt bags.  absolutely insufferable wastes of life up there.  sorry if that offends anyone, but i made this observation on too many occasions for it to be mere chance. 

ironically, the nicest, most welcoming and reasonable people i've met were in the bronx, ny.  who would have thought?

McPhallus

For me, the biggest assholes have been not a function of geography but online in the 90s, when I was dealing with people in the BBS community and the old EFNet IRC.  Some of these people were local to me where I lived at the time (Central IL), and others were not.  But my god, what a cornucopia of personality disorders and narcissism.

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on February 23, 2012, 02:16:43 PM
i've been to all of the lower 48 states and to every major american city.  the meanest, nastiest people i've encountered have CONSISTENTLY been from the upper midwest (michigan, wisconsin).  what a bunch of fucking cunt bags.  absolutely insufferable wastes of life up there.  sorry if that offends anyone, but i made this observation on too many occasions for it to be mere chance. 

ironically, the nicest, most welcoming and reasonable people i've met were in the bronx, ny.  who would have thought?

Test4echo

I'm Canadian,  so to me your all meaner than normal.

LLAB

Test,

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Test4echo on February 23, 2012, 02:46:41 PM

LLAB

Test,

you're

signed, Meanie

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Test4echo on February 23, 2012, 02:46:41 PM

I knew you were Canadian by your name...referring to messrs Weinrib,Zivojinovic,Peart(and Rutsey)

My Nova Scotian relatives say I'm the meanest person they know...I'm not offended.

BobGrau

I'm scottish, which makes me one of the friendliest people in the world!!! Except when I'm sober.

McPhallus

Not to mention a reference to arguably their worst album. :P

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on February 23, 2012, 03:14:58 PM
   I knew you were Canadian by your name...referring to messrs Weinrib,Zivojinovic,Peart(and Rutsey)

My Nova Scotian relatives say I'm the meanest person they know...I'm not offended.

b_dubb

peoPle from Ohio suck too. I know from experience as I am from there. I fled 16 years ago. People from that region suck because the weather sucks and there ate no jobs and they don't have the stones to LEAVE

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: McPhallus on February 23, 2012, 05:18:29 PM
Definitely bottom three...I still harbor a grudge against Power Windows, and out of sentimentality consider it their worst. Quite a few turkeys between 1984-1996 from them.

Test4echo

Quote from: High Strangeness on February 23, 2012, 03:12:07 PM

you're

signed, Meanie

See? You are mean.
I mean You're mean.
or U are mean,
Ure mean? I dunno.
Ugg....

:D

LLAB

Test,

Test4echo

Quote from: McPhallus on February 23, 2012, 05:18:29 PM

Yea It sucked. But in my defence, I've had Test4echo as a code name long before Rush ever titled an album of the same name. I though about suing them but thought , naaa.

LLAB

Test,

Eddie Coyle

Worst part of capitalism's success and communism's failure?

Skateboarders, rappers and other fringe imbeciles becoming multi/decamillionaires.

MV/Liberace!

protip:  if you're going to walk in to my office and attempt to sell me some sort of PROFOUNDLY overpriced cleaning spray that smells exactly like windex, take a shower first and then consider some clean clothes.  also, try not to belch loudly during your sales pitch.  dummy.

analog kid

Quote from: Test4echo on February 24, 2012, 12:34:03 PM
Yea It sucked. But in my defence, I've had Test4echo as a code name long before Rush ever titled an album of the same name. I though about suing them but thought , naaa.

LLAB

Test,

Mine is the title of one of my favorite Rush songs - little known factoid that concerns no one.

Test4echo

Quote from: analog kid on February 25, 2012, 05:38:49 AM
Mine is the title of one of my favorite Rush songs - little known factoid that concerns no one.

No..Not insignificant. I love that tune!

LLAB

Test,