bateman

Quote from: Roy Hinkley on September 05, 2013, 12:18:58 AM
;D  Sounds like something Al Czervik would say!   ;D

[attachimg=2]

HEY EVERYBODY, WE'RE ALL GONNA GET LAID

Maybe Roy will just get a footjob.

Roy Hinkley

Quote from: bateman on September 05, 2013, 12:23:29 AM
That was a real Snoory gem. Who the fuck dreams about turmeric??

Mine almost always involve zinc.

Tommie dreams about Horny Goat Weed.

sleeplessinca

Quote from: bateman on September 05, 2013, 12:23:29 AM
That was a real Snoory gem. Who the fuck dreams about turmeric??

Mine almost always involve zinc.
I bet he doesn't even know what fresh tumerick looks like or where it comes from.  He will probably google it now.

Roy Hinkley

Quote from: bateman on September 05, 2013, 12:26:52 AM
HEY EVERYBODY, WE'RE ALL GONNA GET LAID

Maybe Roy will just get a footjob.

I knew if anyone would get that exact still, Bateman would!!

Hey, as long as I'm in there somewhere.  Remember in Back to School, he asks Sally Kellerman next time she's making love with Dr. Barbay to think of him??  LOL

sleeplessinca

Did anyone catch Snoorz' bristle when the guest mentioned being on C2C with Art Bell?   Booyah!

He is going on about squares with Uranus, the ruler of communications.  It may help explain Snoorz' communication challenge or maybe Snoorz is Uranus. 

bateman

Quote from: sleeplessinca on September 05, 2013, 12:28:38 AM
I bet he doesn't even know what fresh tumerick looks like or where it comes from.  He will probably google it now.

Comes from a portal.

SciFiAuthor

As far as guests avoiding C2C.....mmm no, that's terribly off base. If you have a book to sell, or a point of view to advance, or anything to promote you take whatever you can get, whenever you can get it, however it comes, no matter the cost, in order to air it to an audience. You do not have a choice. You will hobble your career otherwise.

Noory still has 7 digit listener numbers. There is no one in the fields of paranormal phenomenon, ufology, or any of the others that could ignore that. None of the non-fiction guys have the book sales numbers to ignore it. It simply doesn't matter whether they like Noory or not. They like his audience and their money, and that's what matters.

A lot of people don't realize how lucrative a C2C appearance can be. I see the Amazon bumps for some of these guys after an appearance. You can too, visit Amazon and look up, say, Worker in the Light, for example. You can see its global sales rank (which right now is a VERY sad #387,552 for the Kindle edition). You can do that with any book, and it updates hourly, so check out a scheduled guest's book rankings a few days before their appearance, and then check them the day after. A C2C appearance can be worth 5 digits.

J.K. Rowling or Stephen King could blow that off, but few in our field of interest could. If anyone. They'd have to be batshit crazy to.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 05, 2013, 12:36:40 AM
As far as guests avoiding C2C.....mmm no, that's terribly off base. If you have a book to sell, or a point of view to advance, or anything to promote you take whatever you can get, whenever you can get it, however it comes, no matter the cost, in order to air it to an audience. You do not have a choice. You will hobble your career otherwise.

Noory still has 7 digit listener numbers. There is no one in the fields of paranormal phenomenon, ufology, or any of the others that could ignore that. None of the non-fiction guys have the book sales numbers to ignore it. It simply doesn't matter whether they like Noory or not. They like his audience and their money, and that's what matters.

A lot of people don't realize how lucrative a C2C appearance can be. I see the Amazon bumps for some of these guys after an appearance. You can too, visit Amazon and look up, say, Worker in the Light, for example. You can see its global sales rank (which right now is a VERY sad #387,552 for the Kindle edition). You can do that with any book, and it updates hourly, so check out a scheduled guest's book rankings a few days before their appearance, and then check them the day after. A C2C appearance can be worth 5 digits.

J.K. Rowling or Stephen King could blow that off, but few in our field of interest could. If anyone. They'd have to be batshit crazy to.

I pretty much said that, on the other page, in a less diplomatic way. It's still a great vehicle to push stuff, as well as agendas, and the host can be comatose like he is now. Some of the guests and views are legitimate too. You take the good with the bad, but it's a moot point to most forum members now.

sleeplessinca

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on September 05, 2013, 12:46:19 AM
... the host can be comatose like he is now.
this guy is boring and proof that you can relate anything to anything.  Getting very sleepy...

shell88

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on September 05, 2013, 12:20:09 AM
That's true to a point. However, there's a thing called greed that makes some people lower their standards. It's tempting to put aside moral quibbles when you have a book or tape for sale. Most folks don't have access to an infomercial like Coast.

Yes, I agree partly, but there are many intelligent people too I think, who have very high standards regarding where and with whom they will relate and communicate their ideas with. I am an idealist though. There are tons of potential guest out there and Noory cant seem to find them. 
When he does find them, he has the gift of making a mess of the whole thing.  Art could take these same guests and make a good interview out it.   He brings out the best in guests. In the past, they always sounded really excited to be on his show.
We repeat ourselves a lot on this thread.  It will be awesome when Art is back. I can forget the moron easily then.   

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: sleeplessinca on September 05, 2013, 12:51:39 AM
this guy is boring and proof that you can relate anything to anything.  Getting very sleepy...

That's the great thing about Nostradamus quatrains. They're like verses from the Book of Revelation in that way.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on September 05, 2013, 12:46:19 AM
I pretty much said that, on the other page, in a less diplomatic way. It's still a great vehicle to push stuff, as well as agendas, and the host can be comatose like he is now. Some of the guests and views are legitimate too. You take the good with the bad, but it's a moot point to most forum members now.

Apologies for being repetitive. Check this out, Art's latest on FB:

"If any of you have a good Guest idea and have contact information for that person please contact Paul Bowman with that info, his email is listed at artbell.com we are getting close folk's!"

That's the second time he's said that, and repeated on Twitter.

I think the guest pool is a bigger problem than anyone realizes. Like I said, if the books that are out there right now are any indication, it's slim pickings.

sleeplessinca

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 05, 2013, 01:00:31 AM"If any of you have a good Guest idea and have contact information for that person please contact Paul Bowman with that info, his email is listed at artbell.com we are getting close folk's!"
there's some people on this forum that would give good radio.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: shell88 on September 05, 2013, 12:52:00 AM
When he does find them [good guests], he has the gift of making a mess of the whole thing.  Art could take these same guests and make a good interview out it.   He brings out the best in guests. In the past, they always sounded really excited to be on his show.     

"Amen" to that. He does have a way of making sows' ears out of silk purses. The same kind of thing applies to callers with good stories. The sad and/or stupid ones are featured at the expense of the enjoyable ones.

There are more than a few repeat (relatively speaking) guests too. You wonder about booking. It might be the old law of supply and demand at work, and 2013's supply can't meet the booker's demand. It likely will be the reverse with Art, but you worry about the current level of fascination with alternative subjects.

shell88

Art may be looking for new ideas and interests -just getting feedback from his pool of fans, checking out the waters so to speak.  I would think there are plenty of professors, and scholars world wide you could draw from.  Who knows. I trust once he's actually got the ball in his hands he'll run all the way with it. I don't doubt his, or his team's, ability to attract great guests in the least.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 05, 2013, 01:00:31 AM
Apologies for being repetitive. Check this out, Art's latest on FB:

"If any of you have a good Guest idea and have contact information for that person please contact Paul Bowman with that info, his email is listed at artbell.com we are getting close folk's!"

That's the second time he's said that, and repeated on Twitter.

I think the guest pool is a bigger problem than anyone realizes. Like I said, if the books that are out there right now are any indication, it's slim pickings.

Ah, there's the rub. It probably is a small pool, one in which a young kid could wade, and that means that Art probably will drain more guests from it. You have to keep in mind that Art's show is just beginning, so he'll do well as time goes by and his audience grows from old listeners to new ones due to positive word of mouth. He's a brand name, so he has the cache to draw more guests that might be reluctant (to Shell 88's point) to go on Coast.

Any one else stop caring/listening to George's show because in less than 2 week there is going to be a non suck alternative.

Fuck dave and his suck show.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: nooryisawesome on September 05, 2013, 01:21:44 AM
Any one else stop caring/listening to George's show because in less than 2 week there is going to be a non suck alternative.

Fuck dave and his suck show.

I just post to kill time while my wife's at work. At least, that's what she tells me. :o Most of the time, I read or watch TV while I post. I listen to the show in spurts.

ACE of CLUBS

A decade ago, Hoagland was a fairly entertaining guest when Art would call him (in a somewhat friendly way) on his bullshit.  It was a good saw-off, and entertaining.  Hoagland also has had a decade with Noory, a decade of being a rude, bombastic buffoon, with the most outlandish bullshit. The perfect match with a non-curious Noory, who doesn't know what a question is.

I think that Hoagland would be a very poor guest for Art now.  The entertainment factor is not there anymore with Hoagland, and I believe he would get as tiresome as the 'Numbers Lady' in very short order.

We've had a decade of Hoagland bullshit ...... enough is enough.

Roy Hinkley

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on September 05, 2013, 01:39:32 AM
I just post to kill time while my wife's at work. At least, that's what she tells me. :o Most of the time, I read or watch TV while I post. I listen to the show in spurts.

Just monitor it while I'm doing other stuff too, like emails. 

That's okay, the show only comes out in spurts, kind of like, well...

Roy Hinkley

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on September 05, 2013, 01:59:57 AM
A decade ago, Hoagland was a fairly entertaining guest when Art would call him (in a somewhat friendly way) on his bullshit.  It was a good saw-off, and entertaining.  Hoagland also has had a decade with Noory, a decade of being a rude, bombastic buffoon, with the most outlandish bullshit. The perfect match with a non-curious Noory, who doesn't know what a question is.

I think that Hoagland would be a very poor guest for Art now.  The entertainment factor is not there anymore with Hoagland, and I believe he would get as tiresome as the 'Numbers Lady' in very short order.

We've had a decade of Hoagland bullshit ...... enough is enough.

Couldn't agree with you more.  I love Art, but associating with, thereby condoning the Dick, is negative to me.  If Art wants to be credible and have Kaku type guests, why bother would fake scientists when you can get the real stuff????

I wish he would start with a semi-clean slate and have back the quality guests, but not the Dicks and the Minor Ed Dames types.

Roy Hinkley

Speaking of Dames, look what I found:

Doesn't the expression on his much younger EE wife say, "Please help me, please get this old perv away from me!?"

[attachimg=1]

karios8

First time listening since Saturday w/wells and I made it 5 minutes until he told his obvious lie about turning the TV on just in time to see the 2nd plane hit and then his comment about predictions that never happen were still correct because they are tentative futures that can be changed. Looks like music tonight lol

George Drooly

Anyone hear the ad read Noory gave just after the two-hour mark? He almost lost it during the last line, practically giggling uncontrollably like a schoolgirl... WTF? Was there some Tommy-foolery going on in the studio or what? Very odd.

SciFiAuthor

You guys are probably in for it. If you really listen to Art's interactions with Hoagland over the years, Art both took Hoagland to task, but also kissed his ass shamelessly. It depended on the time within the interview, sometimes he was painting a pro standpoint, others he was painting an anti. Sometimes Art would say that there was definitively a face there, but other times he was almost to the point of saying "Oh Richard, that's bullshit," but never quite doing it. It was the ebb and flow of entertainment. I cite the Nov. 2002 show that was on SIT about three weeks ago. It's an ebb and flow of positive, negative, positive, negative.

That's entertaining and holds attention, but it's not objective analysis. Instead it's manipulative audience baiting. Hoagland is seeing things that aren't there. We all know that. We know he's full of it, and you can go into the Art Bell area of the board and see people's disappointment over Noory stating that Hoagland will be one of Art's first guests. We hear lots of anti-Ed Dames commentary, yet Ed Dames was one of Art's flagship guests and may well be again. Everyone's going to bed because Hogue is on, but Hogue was a top 20% Art Bell guest.

I just don't know what everyone expects. Your standards seem about the same as mine. No one here seems to buy Strieber, Hoagland, Dames et all. Well, wait, these were Bell's flagship guests. He made them what they are. They will be his guests again. What then? Are you going to say Noory sucks for having Hoagland on all the time! But Art rocks for having Hoagland on all the time!?! Am I going to see you guys calling a guest as a suck guest on Noory's show, but a great guest on Bell? Where would the validity in that be? And, well, you know it's coming. The writing is on the wall in the other threads.

I just don't get what's going on, and I've said it plenty of times. George is a terrible, wandering interviewer--but could improve. Art was a great interviewer, but more gifted in presenting someone (often a total fraud) as interesting when they weren't. Well, ok, that's watching a movie but does it really tell you anything about the validity of the subject matter? No, it doesn't.

I mean, are we displaying that we're fickle manipulatable herd instinct people that will buy something if presented in the right way? Is that what's going on?

No, we're not. And I fear that Art, even if he returned in full form and exactly as he was in 1995, won't deliver.

Roy Hinkley

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 05, 2013, 03:02:30 AM
What then? Are you going to say Noory sucks for having Hoagland on all the time! But Art rocks for having Hoagland on all the time!?! Am I going to see you guys calling a guest as a suck guest on Noory's show, but a great guest on Bell? Where would the validity in that be?

You got that right.  You can't hate on Dick on Dave, and love on Dick on Art.  I say no Dick!

SciFiAuthor

Roy, yeah, but let's be honest. We're gonna get twice as much dick. A veritable radio sausage fest.

... I just don't get what's going on, and I've said it plenty of times. George is a terrible, wandering interviewer--but could improve. Art was a great interviewer, but more gifted in presenting someone (often a total fraud) as interesting when they weren't. Well, ok, that's watching a movie but does it really tell you anything about the validity of the subject matter? No, it doesn't.

I mean, are we displaying that we're fickle manipulatable herd instinct people that will buy something if presented in the right way? Is that what's going on?

No, we're not. And I fear that Art, even if he returned in full form and exactly as he was in 1995, won't deliver.

When Art was interviewing these people, we hadn't had the past 10 years of terrible shows with them and George on together.  So the thought of hearing them again wasn't nearly as distasteful. 

Now, those experiences are part of what we think about when we think of someone like Hoagland.  I'm willing to hear one more show, or, more likely, part of one more show with each of them where Art catches up and maybe reminisces a little.  I won't be listening to these awful guests after that.

I'm not sure how much Art understands this - how much he's listened to George's show over the years (if at all) or read the detailed posts about why George and these guests suck.  He's sure to get plenty of email pro and con on each of them, which may cause him to think they are 'controversial' and worthy of additional airtime.

If - big IF - Art just picks up where he left off and has a show mostly revolving around these shit guests, will people be posting that Art sucks?  No.  It took 5 or 6 years of dumb and lazy suckage before George got that treatment.  People will complain about the choice of guests a little, feel sad, and ultimately just stop listening. 

My guess is it won't come to that.

Juan

That's entertaining and holds attention, but it's not objective analysis. Instead it's manipulative audience baiting.
No, it's not.  It's storytelling.   He's the same as a good novel - drawing out the story and entertaining the audience.

Roy Hinkley

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 05, 2013, 03:12:10 AM
Roy, yeah, but let's be honest. We're gonna get twice as much dick. A veritable radio sausage fest.

AAAAhhhhhhh!  You're right!