• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

teknoslag

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 30, 2018, 10:17:36 AM
I wish we had more info on that.  I do recall someone saying that at least 2 sources reported there was a note, but who were those sources?  Were they giving accurate info?

I would totally understand if Airyn wouldn't want a note getting out- that would likely be private, just for her and the kids.  However, if he had taken his life because of his illness, hell- who wouldn't understand that?  (I know some people are against "suicide", but come on. How many people say that who've never been terminally ill and dying an agonizing death?)

It also could have been a note he'd written to his family to be read upon the event of his death.

My father broke his spine in 1996 on the job as a police officer, and it never healed. For 14 years he went through excruciating pain, suffering from the spinal injury, degenerative spine disease, dozens of surgeries, being on ungodly amounts of pain medications, etc. In 2010, I found him dead in his bed. He had passed in his sleep from a heart attack. He had been in the hospital off and on (he spent a combined total of maybe three to four weeks at home during that time) for the last year of his life. His body had finally just given out from all of the stress it had been put through over the past fourteen years.

In that last year, he had written a note that he didn't want anyone to read until he had passed. He seemed to know that he wasn't going to be around much longer. It wouldn't surprise me if Art had done something similar, with all of the health issues it was known he was going through.

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 30, 2018, 10:17:36 AM
I wish we had more info on that.  I do recall someone saying that at least 2 sources reported there was a note, but who were those sources?  Were they giving accurate info?

I would totally understand if Airyn wouldn't want a note getting out- that would likely be private, just for her and the kids.  However, if he had taken his life because of his illness, hell- who wouldn't understand that?  (I know some people are against "suicide", but come on. How many people say that who've never been terminally ill and dying an agonizing death?)

Yeah, some people don't understand a suicide like that until they get a terminal illness themselves.  I'd like to think I'd stick to the bitter end but it could end up being simply too much.  My grandfather committed suicide several years before I was born.  He had terrible asthma and other breathing problems due to the fact he was a painter for 20-30 years when lead was in the paint.

Lilith

Quote from: El Chorro on May 30, 2018, 09:57:30 AM
Last night Noory opened with a report that Knapp had called the coroner's office that afternoon, but was told the results aren't in yet. Noory said Knapp will be calling them again, it sounded like on an almost daily basis. Knapp is clearly not letting it go, and it's top-of-mind as an issue on Coast.

This is good to know!

Lilith

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 30, 2018, 09:59:21 AM
You know, I never really got it until I reread War and Peace recently.  In historical context, it was an attempt to found a self-governing ethical system outside church control and corruption, with universal brotherhood as its credo.  The strange trappings are there just because a quasi-religion needs symbols and rituals and a claim to antiquity.

Jackie's gonna hate me now  :(

Would you consider starting your own MITD show K_Dubb?

MaxPower

Quote from: timebandit on May 30, 2018, 10:28:06 AM
what am i looking at here?
You are looking at the page header when you view the source code of the webpage. In this case at the top it shows the company doing the website now. Looks like it is a new page design and now has a more professional responsive (displays better on several types of devices) feel to it.

Nobody

Quote from: Aquarius on May 29, 2018, 11:39:20 PM
More alarmingly, she is cheerfully announcing that if she gets shot, don't worry, she'll be on the air the next night because the show must go on the air. Not totally connected to reality [emphasis added]

Or even tenuously.  Getting shot isn't the sort of hobby you take up when your knitting has gone missing.

In any case, I'm hoping that the actual plan is to deposit J. Pee Warren into Area-51 via trebuchet.  Call it wishful thinking, but after that 4-hour-long infomercial I'd say it's the least she could do.

Many thanks to everyone who replied to my question.  If Heather is insouciant about the prospect of being shot in order to get some attention there isn't much else to say. *shrugs*

K_Dubb

Quote from: El Chorro on May 30, 2018, 09:57:30 AM
Last night Noory opened with a report that Knapp had called the coroner's office that afternoon, but was told the results aren't in yet. Noory said Knapp will be calling them again, it sounded like on an almost daily basis. Knapp is clearly not letting it go, and it's top-of-mind as an issue on Coast.

Thank you for letting us know.  I listened hoping he'd address it on Sunday.

K_Dubb

Quote from: brig on May 30, 2018, 10:32:29 AM
Would you consider starting your own MITD show K_Dubb?

Anyone can dream!  She was once one of us, you know...

Ghost

Quote from: Chad Jacobs on May 30, 2018, 02:07:36 AM
I thought Heather had a good show tonight (the 30 minutes that I got to hear). Her audio still sounds really good (to me it's improved ever since she announced the move to Art's place, I always attributed it to her using Art's old mike).  Dave S. also had a strong show perhaps the "rivalry" (to the extent there is one) will actually bring out the best in both shows and grow the medium a bit.

She admitted she lied to all of us and had been living at Art’s for the past couple years. If you still have access to her old shows listen and you will hear Art’s chair creak. Her chair made the exact same creaking sound all along. The clues have always been there for us. I googled her address A LONG TIME AGO and it came up Pahrump.

Granted, she is booming out louder and clearer as she goes along!

I loved her to pieces, until she called Knapp a vulture on Twitter, told her fans to harass any guest host on FB, left Airyn on the porch on the day of the funeral, and lied about where she lived. Now she comes across as phony to me. She needs to earn my trust back.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Ghost on May 30, 2018, 10:43:24 AM

Granted, she is booming out louder and clearer as she goes along!

Pumping.  She pumps. :o

Bart Ell

She needs to earn my trust back.

Beta people think this way.

Lilith

She admitted she lied to all of us and had been living at Art’s for the past couple years. If you still have access to her old shows listen and you will hear Art’s chair creak. Her chair made the exact same creaking sound all along. The clues have always been there for us. I googled her address A LONG TIME AGO and it came up Pahrump.

Granted, she is booming pumping out louder and clearer as she goes along!

I loved her to pieces, until she called Knapp a vulture on Twitter, told her fans to harass any guest host on FB, left Airyn on the porch on the day of the funeral, and lied about where she lived. Now she comes across as phony to me. She needs to earn my trust back.

FIFY

MaxPower

Quote from: Metron2267 on May 30, 2018, 09:40:27 AM
Is he not exceedingly punchable?

;D
!?#%! you Metron! Once again I am working and I get a text from someone telling me I have to check out the Metron's posts for the day so I am compelled to stop what I am doing and look at your posts. Although work productivity suffers, spirits are lifted for the day  :) :) :)

Looks like you will be taking over this place in due course :D

Praise Metron

Metron2267

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 30, 2018, 10:18:25 AM
We're simply speculating.  One of the favorite Bellgab pastimes.

Mmm hmm!

I mean why the heck not?

Art was Heather's daddy, the legacy now contexted.

Art engineered his own exit.

Heather helped...or not...etc...

I swear in due time we'll have Mueller sniffing around Vara's show for some Russians...and pee....

Must tie in the pee...

???

bellNwhistle

Quote from: teknoslag on May 30, 2018, 10:24:16 AM
It also could have been a note he'd written to his family to be read upon the event of his death.

My father broke his spine in 1996 on the job as a police officer, and it never healed. For 14 years he went through excruciating pain, suffering from the spinal injury, degenerative spine disease, dozens of surgeries, being on ungodly amounts of pain medications, etc. In 2010, I found him dead in his bed. He had passed in his sleep from a heart attack. He had been in the hospital off and on (he spent a combined total of maybe three to four weeks at home during that time) for the last year of his life. His body had finally just given out from all of the stress it had been put through over the past fourteen years.

In that last year, he had written a note that he didn't want anyone to read until he had passed. He seemed to know that he wasn't going to be around much longer. It wouldn't surprise me if Art had done something similar, with all of the health issues it was known he was going through.

I have letters written to my family as well. I've got a few for each person, by this point. Just in case, because you never know.

Metron2267

Quote from: MaxPower on May 30, 2018, 10:55:54 AM
!?#%! you Metron! Once again I am working and I get a text from someone telling me I have to check out the Metron's posts for the day so I am compelled to stop what I am doing and look at your posts. Although work productivity suffers, spirits are lifted for the day  :) :) :)

Praise Metron

Mercy!

I do hope not to achieve that grade of notoriety here, the residuals are so spiteful ftmp anyway...

I mean who knew the Kinsey Institute had hacked bellgab?!?!?

I'm hiding all my Gold Bond and Dentugrip and awaiting the purge...

:P

Lilith

Quote from: MaxPower on May 30, 2018, 10:55:54 AM

Praise Metron

The Guy from Pittsburgh isn't as easy to replace as you might think.

FlarpsWife

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 30, 2018, 12:10:39 AM
Maybe Roseanne's comment was really about cryptozoology. Think about it! ;)
;D ;D ;D

Kolchak

Quote from: timebandit on May 30, 2018, 10:28:06 AM
what am i looking at here?

That would be the ArtBellLegacy.com source code. I think it's actually somehow worse than before. Completely generic and bland. At least the old site had that header with the desert on it.

Nobody

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 30, 2018, 01:50:05 AM
Joshua Pee is every hosts go-to-guy when they need to line up a guest at the last minute.
He's such a media whore and desperate for attention.

I expect that's why he gets on so well with Heather.  ;)

Juan

No, no, no. Karen and Airyn left Heather on the porch. Get your Bellgab mythology correct.