• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Latest French Attacks: updates (in English)

Started by albrecht, November 13, 2015, 03:50:16 PM

VtaGeezer

Quote from: paladin1991 on November 16, 2015, 01:43:34 AM
Geezer, it's just me, but I think this shit in Paris caught everyone by surprise, including Putin.  He's probably deep into Assads ass right now for allowing him to be blindsided.  Even though it's an ISIS gig.
Obama giving a warning?  If you were the leader of France, what would you respond to the big O?
I was just giving my 2 cents to Uncle D.  When I mentioned Obama maybe warning Hollande, that warning would be that if France tried to make it an Article 5 attack,  US forces wouldn't participate beyond what we're doing now.  Obama is doing a mini-LBJ against ISIS; every target must be OK'd by the WH political hacks.  On top of that, the folks don't know how back on its heels the US military is after years of slashed budgets. Readiness is around round 30%; not exactly ready for a Syrian D-Day.   Friends still in the loop tell me most of the hardware is worn to frazzle.

PS - I think Putin thought ISIS would lay off Russians because he's only attacking Assad's Syrian opponents but he was rocked by the Metrojet bombing.  Most of the bellicose bluster from Moscow ended when the jet went down with 225 Russian souls aboard; though they still won't say it was a bomb.

Dr. MD MD

I really hesitate in putting this idea out there but I'm sure the thought has already occurred to many. Do you think if there were a vigilante group going around doing the same thing to Muslim neighborhoods that this would have any effect at slowing the jihadis down and getting them to rethink their holy war or would we just become the monsters we're trying to defeat?

bateman

Central planning:

QuoteAbdelhamid Abaaoud, probably in his late 20s, is believed to be close to ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, and is likely the link between the senior ISIS leadership and ISIS operatives in Europe, European counterterrorism officials have said.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/16/europe/paris-terror-attack-mastermind-abdelhamid-abaaoud/

albrecht

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 16, 2015, 05:47:32 PM
I really hesitate in putting this idea out there but I'm sure the thought has already occurred to many. Do you think if there were a vigilante group going around doing the same thing to Muslim neighborhoods that this would have any effect at slowing the jihadis down and getting them to rethink their holy war or would we just become the monsters we're trying to defeat?
It happens occasionally but not enough to stop the Muslims and when it does happen the people are prosecuted heavily under 'hate' crimes, in addition to any other crimes. Muslims have a lot more protection than normal citizens and the government/police in Europe, and here, go to extreme levels to ensure that they, their terrorist training centers (Mosques and schools,) etc are protected. It is an idea though. I've thought for sometime that if Europe is going to be saved it will be due to 'football hooligan' types taking direct action in the streets- since the politicians have sold out their people. Of course I'm not advocating violence or any crime. Just pure speculation from watching the Islamization of Europe for many years now.

3OctaveFart

Every dollar spent on comforting Syrian refugees is a dollar that could be spent elsewhere (which means there are limits as to how many we could accommodate).

Maybe the subject will come up on the president's next golf summit.

pyewacket

Quote from: breitbart.com
In schools across Europe, young Muslims are taught fundamentalist values. In mosques, often sponsored by hard line Pakistani sects, or indeed the government of Saudi Arabia, Muslim kids are taught not just things that don’t fit with Western society, but things that are anathema.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/11/16/yes-there-is-a-muslim-fifth-column-in-the-west-and-its-time-to-get-real-about-it/

albrecht

Quote from: pyewacket on November 16, 2015, 08:42:58 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/11/16/yes-there-is-a-muslim-fifth-column-in-the-west-and-its-time-to-get-real-about-it/
Here is the USA there are several large Compound of Islamists, almost whole towns all made up of radicals. Islamberg is one I've heard of and there are some others. I guess though, it does make it easier to surveil, monitor, raid, etc when all the Muslims live in one Compound or section of town. Still it is bizarre that we allow them to train in paramilitary drills in Compounds and have terrorist training centers across Europe and the US (mosques and schools.)

chefist

Quote from: bateman on November 16, 2015, 06:38:19 PM
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/got-a-french-flag-on-your-facebook-profile-picture-congratulations-on-your-corporate-white-supremacy-a6736526.html

::)

Such social justice BS...also others saying that if you didn't post a flag from a mideast country that was bombed you are racist because you only did it for "White France"...pure douche-dome...

pyewacket

And then there's this guy.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2015/11/16/trevor-noah-refuses-to-connect-terrorism-with-islam-says-muslims-are-peaceful/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

In the wake of last Friday’s deadly Paris terror attacks, Daily Show host Trevor Noah is defending Islam as a peaceful religion by pointing out that all of Western civilization has yet to be annihilated by Islamic terrorists.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Meatie Pie on November 16, 2015, 07:06:30 PM
Every dollar spent on comforting Syrian refugees is a dollar that could be spent elsewhere (which means there are limits as to how many we could accommodate).

Maybe the subject will come up on the president's next golf summit.
The Congress could shut this down in a minute by defunding it, but no one has the balls

Eddie Coyle

"Could something like this happen in DC?"

It did. March, 1977. The Hanafi siege. However, that bunch seem like Quakers compared to ISIS.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 16, 2015, 08:59:35 PM
   He should worry about the bomb of a show he's saddled Viacom with. Conan is doubling his ratings. Yannick Noah is funnier.
I agree. What were they thinking when they hired him?

albrecht

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 16, 2015, 09:26:04 PM
  "Could something like this happen in DC?"

It did. March, 1977. The Hanafi siege. However, that bunch seem like Quakers compared to ISIS.
And gained a lot of "street cred" for future mayor Marion Barry. Not only do/did I wonder why we allow that building right by embassies, or anywhere, but another interesting tidbit: one of the demands by the black Muslim militants, in addition to railing against Jewish judges and wanting to meet Muhammad Ali, was banning "Mohammad, Messenger of God" (1976) film, now called simply "The Message" lest Muslims be offended, starring Anthony Quinn, and produced by Moustapha Akkad, who was the producer for most of the "Halloween" movie franchise and later killed by a Muslim suicide bomber at the Hyatt in Jordan a few years ago.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: VtaGeezer on November 16, 2015, 10:53:54 PM
I agree. What were they thinking when they hired him?

Some articles after his hire intimated that Viacom swung for the fences, trying to get a Louie CK or Tina Fey and each overture to these established stars failed, God knows what choice Noah was. There's no way this was the succession plan at the start. Kilborn and Stewart were more well known than this guy. Fallback plan #15

Considering that Wilmore is only signed through Election Day and his ratings are atrocious, I wouldn't be surprised if these two shows are killed off and a one hour talk show is established. Viacom will have to pony up big bucks...I'd guess Chris Rock.

paladin1991

Quote from: FightTheFuture on November 16, 2015, 10:55:50 AM
This just in...

Caesar Obamus, in what is being characterized as a bold gesture of solidarity with our French cousins, has elected to bomb a hospital and a baby formula manufacturer.

WooHoo!  The big O is In it, To Win It!

albrecht

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 16, 2015, 11:25:22 PM
   Some articles after his hire intimated that Viacom swung for the fences, trying to get a Louie CK or Tina Fey and each overture to these established stars failed, God knows what choice Noah was. There's no way this was the succession plan at the start. Kilborn and Stewart were more well known than this guy. Fallback plan #15

Considering that Wilmore is only signed through Election Day and his ratings are atrocious, I wouldn't be surprised if these two shows are killed off and a one hour talk show is established. Viacom will have to pony up big bucks...I'd guess Chris Rock.

Did Leibowitz approve of his hire or just took his money and said "I'm outta here?" I haven't watched the show in several years, and even then sporadically, but Leibowitz was sometimes funny. Haven't caught the new guy at all.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: albrecht on November 16, 2015, 10:59:39 PM
And gained a lot of "street cred" for future mayor Marion Barry. Not only do/did I wonder why we allow that building right by embassies, or anywhere, but another interesting tidbit: one of the demands by the black Muslim militants, in addition to railing against Jewish judges and wanting to meet Muhammad Ali, was banning "Mohammad, Messenger of God" (1976) film, now called simply "The Message" lest Muslims be offended, starring Anthony Quinn, and produced by Moustapha Akkad, who was the producer for most of the "Halloween" movie franchise and later killed by a Muslim suicide bomber at the Hyatt in Jordan a few years ago.

It's a fascinating piece of American History that it is totally forgotten, essentially beginning with the massacre at the house Kareem owned in 1/73, carried out by the Philadelphia NOI chapter. The movie angle, as well, is instructive, because it was the beginning of the "defame the Prophet and die" reality we live with today.

paladin1991

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 16, 2015, 03:19:38 PM
   The campaign likely ending with the first severed head with a Guy Fawkes mask. They'll retreat to outing Stormfront members.

Softer targets, those disenfranchised white utes.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: albrecht on November 16, 2015, 11:31:31 PM
Did Leibowitz approve of his hire or just took his money and said "I'm outta here?" I haven't watched the show in several years, and even then sporadically, but Leibowitz was sometimes funny. Haven't caught the new guy at all.

There's been mixed views on that. Some say he thought Noah was a fine choice, others think he wanted to end the show as his, but  formulaic Viacom wants to keep beating this dying horse. Cynically, if he wants the show to die...then he would approve of Noah's selection. This guy is a smirking zilch driving the ratings into a ditch.

albrecht

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 16, 2015, 11:31:45 PM
   It's a fascinating piece of American History that it is totally forgotten, essentially beginning with the massacre at the house Kareem owned in 1/73, carried out by the Philadelphia NOI chapter. The movie angle, as well, is instructive, because it was the beginning of the "defame the Prophet and die" reality we live with today.

A lot of people forgot, or don't know, all the crazy stuff during those years and act like terrorism, radical blacks, crazy Muslims, 'outraged' rich students, are a new thing. Hopefully, this too will pass.

paladin1991

Quote from: VtaGeezer on November 16, 2015, 05:34:45 PM
I was just giving my 2 cents to Uncle D.  When I mentioned Obama maybe warning Hollande, that warning would be that if France tried to make it an Article 5 attack,  US forces wouldn't participate beyond what we're doing now.  Obama is doing a mini-LBJ against ISIS; every target must be OK'd by the WH political hacks.  On top of that, the folks don't know how back on its heels the US military is after years of slashed budgets. Readiness is around round 30%; not exactly ready for a Syrian D-Day.   Friends still in the loop tell me most of the hardware is worn to frazzle.

PS - I think Putin thought ISIS would lay off Russians because he's only attacking Assad's Syrian opponents but he was rocked by the Metrojet bombing.  Most of the bellicose bluster from Moscow ended when the jet went down with 225 Russian souls aboard; though they still won't say it was a bomb.
Affirm on the hardware.  It's been a long decade plus and even with resupply and rehabbing shit.  It's a long laundry list of 'parts' that need to be replaced, repaired or just plain recycled.  And so much of it is hi end tech shit it's not even funny

AS to your thoughts on Putin, yeah, I agree.  The bombing of the jet and then ISIS going batshit crazy(ier?) and just inviting the French to come to Syria to throw some hate and discontent around has got be a tactical if not strategic game changer.

And the idea that the French will call in NATO for back up?  I'm not so sure.  The French are some pretty prideful fucks.  They just might say, "We want ISIS heads.  Stay the fuck out of our way.  We cannot and will not guarantee you safety." 

paladin1991

Quote from: chefist on November 16, 2015, 08:48:03 PM
Such social justice BS...also others saying that if you didn't post a flag from a mideast country that was bombed you are racist because you only did it for "White France"...pure douche-dome...

White France?  Most of those French troops that I trained with were some pretty swarthy fucks.  Looked middle Eastern a lot of 'em.  Yeah, a lot of em were pasty...but White France?

paladin1991

Quote from: albrecht on November 16, 2015, 10:59:39 PM
No shit?  Was that on purpose or just a coinky dink?

pyewacket

Bennie was right- he might not have had the crowd appeal that Francis does, but he seemed to have a firm grasp on reality. I wonder how he would handle the current events of late.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/11/16/pope-benedict-right-warning-radical-islam/

Pope Benedict was universally pilloried by the media for his famous 2006 Regensburg address, in which he commented on the historical relationship between Islam and violence. But now even the mainstream media are finding themselves forced to ask whether Benedict was right, and perhaps even prophetic in his statements.

paladin1991

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 16, 2015, 11:25:22 PM

I never thought Wilmore was that funny back when we were in school together.  His humor seemed to forced then.  Now?  Only a little better.  I'm guessing that his real strength is in writing, behind the camera.