• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Spec Sheet

Started by MV/Liberace!, May 30, 2009, 11:47:14 PM

Thanks for the show. Now I want a Samsung SS6.

As far as the Google thing goes, you have to look at their internal politics. They're skewing search results, they're meddling in politics. Outside of trying to fix elections for candidates like Clinton, it was Google that rabble roused the Egyptian uprising in 2011. The truth is Google just does not care about creating good products and services for their consumers anymore. Google is all about itself and it's own interests and consumers are pretty far down that list of interests. That's why the only Google product I use anymore is the Android OS on my phone.

If you want some decent alternative search engines, try DuckDuckGo or Startpage.

starrmtn001

Quote from: MV on July 01, 2016, 12:41:53 AM

Meh.  Ya already "been there, done that' with the Mussolini parallel.  I KNOW you can do better. ;)
(Hmm, the more I look at the pic, the more it looks like a young Putin, but yeah, I get the idea).

ItsOver

Quote from: starrmtn001 on June 28, 2016, 12:29:08 PM
Free? :o  Never heard of such a thing!  What world are you living in, MV? ::)

Quote from: starrmtn001 on July 01, 2016, 10:12:38 AM
Meh.  Ya already "been there, done that' with the Mussolini parallel.  I KNOW you can do better. ;)
(Hmm, the more I look at the pic, the more it looks like a young Putin, but yeah, I get the idea).

Star's right, MV.  Maybe it's time you rolled up your sleeves and got down to ~Baphometic~ brass tacks and focused on your true will regarding the direction of Bellgoat... er... gab and the Spectre Sheet.

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on July 01, 2016, 10:29:18 AM
Star's right, MV.  Maybe it's time you rolled up your sleeves and got down to ~Baphometic~ brass tacks and focused on your true will regarding the direction of Bellgoat... er... gab and the Spectre Sheet.

"The Englishman Who Went Up a Hill and Came Down With a Mountain on His Head"

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on July 01, 2016, 10:34:54 AM

One can almost imagine Frank Herbert contemplating what a certain Dune sandworm (Leto II Atreides) would look like and then his coming across the Crowley "hat photo" and a light bulb going off.

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on July 01, 2016, 10:54:45 AM
One can almost imagine Frank Herbert contemplating what a certain Dune sandworm (Leto II Atreides) would look like and then his coming across the Crowley "hat photo" and a light bulb going off.

For some reason, the Crowley pic made me think of these scenes.  "Zar-doz--for when you're tired of immortality and just want to sleep but can't."

starrmtn001

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on July 01, 2016, 10:34:54 AM
Yes!  LMAO!!!

ItsOver

Quote from: starrmtn001 on July 01, 2016, 11:43:23 AM
That pic is, strangely, way cool. ;)
Well, we are talking THE cult leader here.  Praise MV.

starrmtn001

Quote from: ItsOver on July 01, 2016, 11:50:11 AM
Well, we are talking THE cult leader here.  Praise MV.

Talk about Jonesin', YIKES! :o

chefist

Did MV recommend BitDefender as his antivirus of choice?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: chefist on July 01, 2016, 02:09:18 PM

i do.

starrmtn001

Quote from: chefist on July 01, 2016, 02:09:18 PM
Quote from: MV on July 01, 2016, 02:35:04 PM
i do.
I'll be buying my new laptop probably this week.  Is BitDefender idiot proof?  Would you mind giving me the pros, cons, and highlights of this program and, maybe, walk me through the installation if I decide to make the purchase?  Thank you, MV. :-* ;)

PRAISE TOPGOB!!! ;D

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: starrmtn001 on July 01, 2016, 03:40:31 PM
I'll be buying my new laptop probably this week.  Is BitDefender idiot proof?  Would you mind giving me the pros, cons, and highlights of this program and, maybe, walk me through the installation if I decide to make the purchase?  Thank you, MV. :-* ;)

PRAISE TOPGOB!!! ;D

It's ridiculously simple. Just make sure you uninstall any existing antivirus software first. I'll be happy to help when the time comes.

starrmtn001

Quote from: MV on July 01, 2016, 05:28:22 PM
It's ridiculously simple. Just make sure you uninstall any existing antivirus software first. I'll be happy to help when the time comes.
Thank you, MV.  What is your fee for computer midwifery?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: starrmtn001 on July 01, 2016, 05:30:37 PM

Freeeeeeeeeeee!

Quote from: starrmtn001 on July 01, 2016, 05:30:37 PM

We prefer the term "computer husbandry."

Butches the geek factor up.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on July 01, 2016, 05:35:38 PM
We prefer the term "computer husbandry."

Butches the geek factor up.
You're absolutely right!  What was I thinkin'? ???

starrmtn001

Quote from: MV on July 01, 2016, 05:32:23 PM
Freeeeeeeeeeee!
I can afford that. ;)  You're a doll. :-*    No, NOT a blowup one.

Regarding the ongoing worshiping of 3D technology by clueless companies discussed on the show, I think it's even more of a throwback and dead end than MV and Curtis stated.

It's a novelty.  That's IT.  Forget Oculus Rift and the whole 3D shebang out there being shoved down the consumer's throat.  It's not going to go anywhere and is not the next big thing.

VR this.  VR that.  Grow the fuck up.

Speaking of dead ends, how's that Apple Watch changing lives out there?  Anybody?

Vincent Price and friends, in a virtual reality that was much cooler than today's offering:

ItsOver

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on July 02, 2016, 08:16:50 AM
Regarding the ongoing worshiping of 3D technology by clueless companies discussed on the show, I think it's even more of a throwback and dead end than MV and Curtis stated.

It's a novelty.  That's IT.  Forget Oculus Rift and the whole 3D shebang out there being shoved down the consumer's throat.  It's not going to go anywhere and is not the next big thing.

VR this.  VR that.  Grow the fuck up.

Speaking of dead ends, how's that Apple Watch changing lives out there?  Anybody?

Vincent Price and friends, in a virtual reality that was much cooler than today's offering:

Dead on, so to speak, Cam.  Yesterday vs. today?  Today ain't got no soul.

http://youtu.be/9vYktJzz6jQ

Hog

Or a deadly Chinese Ninja throwing star?

heater

can we use that image as the logo for FireFub?