• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

ShayP

Noisy neighbors and barking dogs 24/7.

Those damn remote car door locks that beep the horn and the damn bastards that thought that was a good idea.  Then there is the shitheads that use them in that mode, especially the dick that comes to visit at my apartment building.

albrecht

Stupid commercials that are over-played and have annoying details in them that make them stupid.
Bud is reintroducing some commemorative brew and shows a spectacular opening of the bottle with a bottle opener but, at least it looks like, the bottle has ridges for a twist-off. So why open with an opener? And if you do so you also risk breaking some of the glass off (especially if you don't use an opener but use a table etc.)

Amazon shows a commercial with a chick painting a wall and asking Amazon's Alexa to turn on MLB radio and then her husband asking Alexa to turn on PGA radio (because golf is riveting radio) and her chasing him out with the roller brush but you can see see has blue-taped over the electric outlet instead of just taking the face plate off (and if needed taping over the socket itself,) which is easier, uses less tape, and will also result in cleaner lines and no risk of getting paint on the face-plate.

Taaroa

Waking up in the morning to find the temperature is already over 85F, it's windy, and the smell of smoke is in the air. You know there's a legitimate concern for wildfires.

Oh, and having to write terms and units in a way that Americans will understand.   ;D

Jojo

Happens all over!  Crazy.  Unbelievable.  In the 1980s, you would have been paid a mandatory four hours! But white people be the migrant now.  Sick of it.

And employers who want someone to work 16 hours, with "potential" for full-time.  Who in the hell that wants an eventual forty hours can afford a mere 16, and vice versa!  Duh!

And employers who don't give the zip code in the ad.

And employers who want a minimum waif "assistant", but the job description is actually office coordinator or executive assistant.

And employers who want employees to give them 24/7 availability, or 10-12 hour shifts for minimum wage office positions.

And employers who don't mention the suite number in the address for the interview.

And employers who re-route your resume to another department, who phone interviews you for a position you did not apply for and for which you don't have the skills........ and then doesnt hire you and never interviews you for the job you qualify for either.

And employers who give out your personal information to their buddies at an affiliated company, who have a hard time filling (gross) positions you are not interested in.  And when you don't take the crappy bait, gives out your information to the supervisor of an internal dept with some other (gross) position open.... and when you dont take the lousy bait, calls you and finally offers you an interview for the position you applied for.  And when you dont call the low class act back, they leave a righteous, indignant message about you non-response!  Unbelievable.

And employers who are too cheap to staff adequately, because it would put a dent in their lifestyle.  Meanwhile, everyone is frazzled, and new hires are only used as Bandaids to staunch the staffing level bleeding, and then are laid off.

And employers who tell you to "pencil in" yjour upcoming first day on the job... and then act surprised when you show up ready to work, saying they didnt hire you when they told you to reserve your start date for them.

And employers who only hire family and friends...

And employers who lay people off a week before Christmas, when shopping is already done and wrapped.

And employers who:
-dont provide fatigue mats for workers on concrete.
-dont ventilate dry ice dumpsters.
-dont have blinds or A/C with large west-facing windows.
-who ventilate portable A/C tubing down into heat registers on the floor.
-who dont let employees go home until it is over 90 degrees when A/C fails.
-who dont care that some meds arent supposed to be over 86 degrees..
-who allow room over-crowding, which is a liability to women due to their figures.
-who force multiple male and female workers into teeny shared work stations, knowing breasts and rumps will be constantly rubbed.
-who dont care if people park in the fire truck parking.
-who dont evacuate their employees when the fire alarms sound unexpectedly.
-who expect you to work through breaks.
-who keep everything on the floor, like installing shelves would end the world.
-who dont provide physical paystubs or a print station to print one.
-who make you work exactly during food bank hours, week after week, but dont give you enough hours to pay for groceries.
-who let you go, the minute the government tells them you are on food stamps.
-who dont stock the bathroom with tp, soap and towels.
-who force female employees to be relegated to having to ask for the keys to the ladies' room. "For their own safety", but dont modify stats nor metrics to compensate for that loss of time spent "getting permission".
-who have no issue pronouncing the long names of their similar coworkers of color, but then say your two-syllable name is too long, and reducs it to one syllable.
-who dont have A/C but insist on using high heat light bulbs all over in southwest facing businesses where customers exercise.
-who dont have vending machines.
-who only own broken chairs.
-who go over an employee's stats right in front of waiting customers, just so they can cross it off their to-do list.
-who get warned by the state about food handler card violations, and then fail to mandate food handler cards, instead just telling employess to read and sign a summary of what is on the food handler's website.
-who offer you "extra" hours, presenting it that way and waiting for your acceptance.  When in fact, the extra hours really are mandatory.  A fact they withhold until they can smarmily "remind" you.
-who expect you to work without adequate supplies (knowing you will end up paying for them yourself).
-who dont train their staff on the hazards of portable A/C tubes which pop out and start heating a room hotter than it was to begin with.
-who expect you to share headsets.

Jojo

Quote from: Jojo on October 29, 2017, 03:17:37 AM
Happens all over!  Crazy.  Unbelievable.  In the 1980s, you would have been paid a mandatory four hours! But white people be the migrant now.  Sick of it.

And employers who want someone to work 16 hours, with "potential" for full-time.  Who in the hell that wants an eventual forty hours can afford a mere 16, and vice versa!  Duh!

And employers who don't give the zip code in the ad.

And employers who want a minimum waif "assistant", but the job description is actually office coordinator or executive assistant.

And employers who want employees to give them 24/7 availability, or 10-12 hour shifts for minimum wage office positions.

And employers who don't mention the suite number in the address for the interview.

And employers who re-route your resume to another department, who phone interviews you for a position you did not apply for and for which you don't have the skills........ and then doesnt hire you and never interviews you for the job you qualify for either.

And employers who give out your personal information to their buddies at an affiliated company, who have a hard time filling (gross) positions you are not interested in.  And when you don't take the crappy bait, gives out your information to the supervisor of an internal dept with some other (gross) position open.... and when you dont take the lousy bait, calls you and finally offers you an interview for the position you applied for.  And when you dont call the low class act back, they leave a righteous, indignant message about you non-response!  Unbelievable.

And employers who are too cheap to staff adequately, because it would put a dent in their lifestyle.  Meanwhile, everyone is frazzled, and new hires are only used as Bandaids to staunch the staffing level bleeding, and then are laid off.

And employers who tell you to "pencil in" yjour upcoming first day on the job... and then act surprised when you show up ready to work, saying they didnt hire you when they told you to reserve your start date for them.

And employers who only hire family and friends...

And employers who lay people off a week before Christmas, when shopping is already done and wrapped.

And employers who:
-dont provide fatigue mats for workers on concrete.
-dont ventilate dry ice dumpsters.
-dont have blinds or A/C with large west-facing windows.
-who ventilate portable A/C tubing down into heat registers on the floor.
-who dont let employees go home until it is over 90 degrees when A/C fails.
-who dont care that some meds arent supposed to be over 86 degrees..
-who allow room over-crowding, which is a liability to women due to their figures.
-who force multiple male and female workers into teeny shared work stations, knowing breasts and rumps will be constantly rubbed.
-who dont care if people park in the fire truck parking.
-who dont evacuate their employees when the fire alarms sound unexpectedly.
-who expect you to work through breaks.
-who keep everything on the floor, like installing shelves would end the world.
-who dont provide physical paystubs or a print station to print one.
-who make you work exactly during food bank hours, week after week, but dont give you enough hours to pay for groceries.
-who let you go, the minute the government tells them you are on food stamps.
-who dont stock the bathroom with tp, soap and towels.
-who force female employees to be relegated to having to ask for the keys to the ladies' room. "For their own safety", but dont modify stats nor metrics to compensate for that loss of time spent "getting permission".
-who have no issue pronouncing the long names of their similar coworkers of color, but then say your two-syllable name is too long, and reducs it to one syllable.
-who dont have A/C but insist on using high heat light bulbs all over in southwest facing businesses where customers exercise.
-who dont have vending machines.
-who only own broken chairs.
-who go over an employee's stats right in front of waiting customers, just so they can cross it off their to-do list.
-who get warned by the state about food handler card violations, and then fail to mandate food handler cards, instead just telling employess to read and sign a summary of what is on the food handler's website.
-who offer you "extra" hours, presenting it that way and waiting for your acceptance.  When in fact, the extra hours really are mandatory.  A fact they withhold until they can smarmily "remind" you.
-who expect you to work without adequate supplies (knowing you will end up paying for them yourself).
-who dont train their staff on the hazards of portable A/C tubes which pop out and start heating a room hotter than it was to begin with.
-who expect you to share headsets.

But kudos to employers who let employees work sick, if they are not contagious (morning sickness, diabetes, etc...)
And who allow employees to refuse to work in smoking areas.
And who provide wipes for keyboards and shared headsets.
And who still provide coffee!

Taaroa

Halloween.

Maybe I'd feel differently if I was in America and had grown up with it, but here it was never a thing and it just seems like a hollow attempt at a cash grab by those who are promoting it now.

Bah! Humbug!

Taaroa

Quote from: Taaroa on October 30, 2017, 05:16:34 PM
Halloween.

Maybe I'd feel differently if I was in America and had grown up with it, but here it was never a thing and it just seems like a hollow attempt at a cash grab by those who are promoting it now.

Bah! Humbug!

Of course the state broadcaster enjoys shoving this down our throats too >:( :
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-31/mixed-feelings-on-australian-halloween/7981232
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-28/halloween-australia-themed-costume-decoration-ideas/9092966
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-01/bah-humbug-to-aussies-who-dont-like-halloween/9105468

Jojo

Landladies who invite you to household dinner, offering you garbage to eat while they gobble steaks !!!!!!!!   Special place in Hell.......

Jojo

Quote from: Jojo on November 02, 2017, 01:30:41 AM
Landladies who invite you to household dinner, offering you garbage to eat while they gobble steaks !!!!!!!!   Special place in Hell.......
Burn, Baby, Burn....

Swishypants

Was it a butcher cut Filet Mignon, just a little larger than your fist and 2 inches thick, pan-seared in garlic powder, black pepper, and bacon drippings until medium-rare and served with a loaded baked potato and a glass of red wine? Steamed Asparagus w/walnut slices and lemon, and slices of fresh toasted baguette with olive oil and roasted garlic on the side? Poached golden pear in red-wine sauce and a small scoop of ice cream for desert? Coffee & Cognac afterward while you listen to Hayden on the crystal clear Hi-Fi stereo in the parlor room by the crackling fire?

Jojo

Quote from: Swishypants on November 02, 2017, 01:45:13 AM
Was it a butcher cut Filet Mignon, just a little larger than your fist and 2 inches thick, pan-seared in garlic powder, black pepper, and bacon drippings until medium-rare and served with a loaded baked potato and a glass of red wine? Steamed Asparagus w/walnut slices and lemon, and slices of fresh toasted baguette with olive oil and roasted garlic on the side? Poached golden pear in red-wine sauce and a small scoop of ice cream for desert? Coffee & Cognac afterward while you listen to Hayden on the crystal clear Hi-Fi stereo in the parlor room by the crackling fire?
Good try!  I begged off, dressed up, and went "out for dinner" when their ruse became apparent.  Ha ha, got out of volunteering to clean up dinner for six afterward!  I returned home with some fancy take-home boxes to resemble the full effect!

Last time they did this, i brought out my own steak to cook, and they acted ashamed.  But i see now that their consciences were short-lived.

Swishypants, you are a piece of cake!

Quote from: Jojo on November 02, 2017, 09:11:47 AM
Good try!  I begged off, dressed up, and went "out for dinner" when their ruse became apparent.  Ha ha, got out of volunteering to clean up dinner for six afterward!  I returned home with some fancy take-home boxes to resemble the full effect!

Last time they did this, i brought out my own steak to cook, and they acted ashamed.  But i see now that their consciences were short-lived.

Swishypants, you are a piece of cake!

I've never had dinner with a landlord, nor been invited to dinner where different people were served unequally different dishes.  Do you all live in the same house?

Swishypants

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on November 02, 2017, 09:32:48 AM
I've never had dinner with a landlord, nor been invited to dinner where different people were served unequally different dishes.  Do you all live in the same house?

Agreed. Weirdest story in a good while.

ItsOver

Quote from: Jojo on November 02, 2017, 01:30:41 AM
Is your landlady Georgette Noory?

Jojo

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on November 02, 2017, 09:32:48 AM
Thank yew!  And yes. Stinkers.

Jojo

Quote from: ItsOver on November 02, 2017, 10:11:35 AM
Is your landlady Georgette Noory?

Hmmm, does the apple fall far from the tree!
No, my landlady has French ancestry though!  A French coinshidence!

Swishypants

If you live in the same house isn't she your room-mate? Are you an exchange student being held captive by a sex-slaver family? If so, how much do they charge for a go?  Have you considered renting a house or apartment? Who rents a room? What is this? 1932? Are you those kind of people where you have odd behavioral practices in every aspect of life and your house smells funny, like some kind of health-food casserole, but there are also huge bags of M&M's everywhere through-out the house? Is there someone in that house that is so fat she had a baby and never knew she was pregnant? The father is the dog.

Swishypants

Your living situation is melting my brain! What in the HELL is going on in that house!? I feel like I should call the Cops.

Jojo

Quote from: Swishypants on November 03, 2017, 12:37:41 AM
Your living situation is melting my brain! What in the HELL is going on in that house!? I feel like I should call the Cops.
They were already here today.

Jojo

Quote from: Swishypants on November 03, 2017, 12:31:53 AM
If you live in the same house isn't she your room-mate? Are you an exchange student being held captive by a sex-slaver family? If so, how much do they charge for a go?  Have you considered renting a house or apartment? Who rents a room? What is this? 1932? Are you those kind of people where you have odd behavioral practices in every aspect of life and your house smells funny, like some kind of health-food casserole, but there are also bags of M&M's everywhere through-out the house? Is there someone in that house that is so fat she had a baby and never knew she was pregnant? The father is the dog.
They make me keep my food in boxes on the floor so when I get my food out, my bum is caught by the cam!  I pretend I don't know.

Swishypants

Quote from: Jojo on November 03, 2017, 12:43:59 AM
They were already here today.

Ok, I'm a troll, but I'm not heartless. Do you need help or something?

Swishypants

Quote from: Jojo on November 03, 2017, 12:46:35 AM
They make me keep my food in boxes on the floor so when I get my food out, my bum is caught by the cam!  I pretend I don't know.

Obvious Troll is Obvious.

Swishypants

Are you a semi-retarded 21 year old woman being abused by a family of fat people who took you in after your real parents died?

Jojo

Quote from: Swishypants on November 03, 2017, 12:47:03 AM
Ok, I'm a troll, but I'm not heartless. Do you need help or something?
I think we're good.

Surfin' at the Coast.

Swishypants

So just the eating disorder then?

Swishypants

Do you design packaging for intimate personal lubricants meant to convey a sense of gentleness, but that insinuate easily achievable orgasms as well?

Jojo

Quote from: Swishypants on November 03, 2017, 12:54:04 AM
Are you a semi-retarded 21 year old woman being abused by a family of fat people who took you in after your real parents died?
More like semi-retreaded!