• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

RELIGION Thread

Started by theONE, October 25, 2016, 03:51:49 AM

Donald Noory

Quote from: theONE on November 01, 2016, 11:42:16 PM
No you didn't push any buttons you are too dysfunctional to do such things, I'm just curious how you function
when the room is dark and you are alone and if you always think that there is something hiding in your room behind your back
or under your bed or behind the door

You are very interesting case of a very lonely person screaming for attention and for acceptance and for love... that's all

You are interesting case of person living with brain injury. You fall off yak one too many times, no?

theONE

Quote from: Donald Noory on November 01, 2016, 11:43:33 PM
You are interesting case of person living with brain injury. You fall off yak one too many times, no?

your English /grammar/ in this post sucks -just so you know-

trostol

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 01, 2016, 11:25:53 PM
Well, since she found my bag of doritos in the truck, I've been plotting.

obviously..you do not hide things well lol

Donald Noory

Quote from: theONE on November 01, 2016, 11:47:26 PM
your English /grammar/ in this post sucks -just so you know-

I try copy you drunken syntax. Is good no? How you notice it on my post, but you no notice it on your 1 million posts? Is big mystery, no?

theONE

DN, let me ask you this serious question.
Would you like me /and perhaps others here/ to pray for you so you can be set free from
your anger and violent impulses

I'm totally serious man, just say yes or no
if you don't answer this question in next 24 hours I will take it that you are too shy to say yes
and I will take that as a silent..yes

I like you to see the light and be happy and fun not unhappy and vulgar, that's all  :)

Donald Noory

Quote from: theONE on November 02, 2016, 12:03:33 AM
Would you like me /and perhaps others here/ to pray for you so you can be set free from

if you don't answer this question in next 24 hours I will take it that you are too shay to say yes

I like you to see the light and be happy and fun not unhappy and vulgar, that's all  :)

Why you call me Shay? I not have Mister Rogers as my avatar. I be very confused.

theONE

Quote from: theONE on November 02, 2016, 12:03:33 AM

if you don't answer this question in next 24 hours I will take it that you are too shy to say yes

OK ... DN spelling mistake of shay shy is corrected now - my apology

K_Dubb

No Shreddy today?  :(

No mind, I shall taunt him -- perhaps that will draw him out yet.

Behold, all ye that love the Lord,
Your champion, fey and strange,
Whose capers, armed with faith's bright sword,
Your enemies derange.

Rejoice as he, with dashing grace,
His great high horse astride,
Doth render prostrate on his face
Yon villain arch and snide.

To Science's boasting, windy books
He dares to answer plain,
And see how gay his plumage looks
Despite the pouring rain.

His shield, of wit and laughter wove,
The mocker vainly hews,
He turns aside each brutish shove
With barbs that but amuse.

The myst'ries of our common faith
Are safe from peering men,
And, from a monster to a wraith,
He slinks back to his den.

Begone, foul fiend, return to where
You contemplate your urn;
Our fate is in our Master's care --
Repent, unless ye burn!

SredniVashtar

Quote from: K_Dubb on November 02, 2016, 11:25:54 AM
No Shreddy today?  :(

No mind, I shall taunt him -- perhaps that will draw him out yet.

I haven't finished with you, you impertinent young jackanapes. It takes more than a bit of doggerel to scare me away.

K_Dubb

Quote from: SredniVashtar on November 02, 2016, 11:34:36 AM
I haven't finished with you, you impertinent young jackanapes. It takes more than a bit of doggerel to scare me away.

Yaaaay!

theONE

Quote from: SredniVashtar on November 02, 2016, 11:34:36 AM
What about a flask of Holy water ,lol

[attachment deleted by admin]

theONE

Like to share with you very touching and beautiful story.
Please listen to this two 28 minutes interviews with Jimmy Wayne, and how life can turn around from very ugly to beautiful.
/there is a 30sec add at the beginning/

1. "Loving Kids in Foster Care" (Part 1 of 2)
http://www.focusonthefamily.com/media/daily-broadcast/loving-kids-in-foster-care-pt1#guest0

2. "Loving Kids in Foster Care" (Part 2 of 2)
http://www.focusonthefamily.com/media/daily-broadcast/loving-kids-in-foster-care-pt2

...if you can listen to it without being distracted by doing web surfing when listening you will get much better experience
getting into the story /I personally like to walk away from computer from monitor/ and listen doing nothing or cooking food

I hope you will get touched by this story... :)

[attachment deleted by admin]

theONE

This is the guy in the story,Jimmy Wayne, his web site:

"WALK TO BEAUTIFUL: The Power of Love and a Homeless Kid Who Found the Way"
http://www.jimmywayne.com/

theONE

Here are couple of his music videos

1. "Sara Smile- Jimmy Wayne and Daryl Hall" (Live from Daryl's House)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVMz-zzHE9Q#t=101

2. "Jimmy Wayne - Stay Gone"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELjlvLTUFvA

SredniVashtar

Quote from: K_Dubb on November 01, 2016, 11:37:41 AM
Don't think I didn't see you try to jump off that tired old atheist horse you rode in on a few posts ago.  Now you are at pains to persuade me you're not like the rest of that silly, earth-bound lot and awe me with cheap knock-off unbranded mysticism.  Get back on that sway-backed, fleabitten nag!  I'm not finished with you yet!

You have been unhorsed fair and square, sir.  I say that not to gloat, but to point out that if you guys tried to pull that sorry game you use to annoy the poor wretches on here with a real, honest-to-God churchman with six years of seminary instead of a dumb American of no particular education pounding out this drivel while trying to keep from laughing into his pipe, he'd tear you limb from limb, have you for lunch, and wipe the floor with your britches.

Again you wave that word "evidence" around as as though science has actually addressed the Word made flesh, how the light shone in darkness and was not overcome, how His blood covers every sin, and how Death is swallowed up in victory.  When it does, you may claim to have taken an axe to the foot of the tree.  But until then, it's an empty, vainglorious boast used to frighten the feeble-minded, and I contemplate the mysteries of faith in perfect serenity.

And if the Vespers don't move you, you're a wicked reprobate anyway.

My atheist horse is a glossy thoroughbred, and will canter to the finish line serenely while you're holding your sides and wheezing like an elderly walrus with pneumonia. The reason I don't care for the word 'atheist' is that I don't feel obliged to define myself according to whatever made-up entity some bunch of people are fat-headed enough to believe in. I don't believe in unicorns either, but I don't think I ought to have a special name for my unbelief in them. The chances of God existing are on about the same level of probability as a Yorkshireman buying a round of drinks, and I act accordingly. Also, the word 'atheist' has an unattractive sibilant quality that allows people to hiss it at you, and it jars my sensitive nature.

I was talking about metaphysics rather than mysticism before, in the Kantian sense, dontcha know. There are simply some things that we can't know, and won't know, that's all, but it doesn't mean that I am talking about a realm of the quasi-paranormal. You can study a Bach fugue all you want on the page, but there is something in performance that eludes all description or musicological analysis. If you think that's 'divine', fair enough, but it evinces a lack of imagination. The same is true for most aesthetic experiences I can think of. Likewise meditation - it can put you on a another level of awareness, but the experience remains firmly rooted in the sublunary sphere.

I don't think I need fear a clerical debagging. I'm a bit too old for one thing. I think you must have let your riper fantasies stray a bit too far. I know you are a regular subscriber to 'Choirboy Chronicles', indolently flipping through each issue on your paintpeeling porch clad in nothing but a sequinned posing pouch and a feather boa, so no doubt the association of ideas was too strong for you to resist.

You're just a culinary god-botherer. A canary-fancying, mimsyish stick insect, who secretly realises that religion is all a big put-up job but doesn't have the nerve to admit it. Your view of religion amounts to nothing more than the salt in the stew. Time to go on a low-sodium diet.

theONE

Quote from: SredniVashtar on November 03, 2016, 09:04:58 AM
My atheist horse is a glossy thoroughbred, and will canter to the finish line serenely while you're holding your sides and wheezing like an elderly walrus with pneumonia. The reason I don't care for the word 'atheist' is that I don't feel obliged to define myself according to whatever made-up entity some bunch of people are fat-headed enough to believe in. I don't believe in unicorns either, but I don't think I ought to have a special name for my unbelief in them. The chances of God existing are on about the same level of probability as a Yorkshireman buying a round of drinks, and I act accordingly. Also, the word 'atheist' has an unattractive sibilant quality that allows people to hiss it at you, and it jars my sensitive nature.

I was talking about metaphysics rather than mysticism before, in the Kantian sense, dontcha know. There are simply some things that we can't know, and won't know, that's all, but it doesn't mean that I am talking about a realm of the quasi-paranormal. You can study a Bach fugue all you want on the page, but there is something in performance that eludes all description or musicological analysis. If you think that's 'divine', fair enough, but it evinces a lack of imagination. The same is true for most aesthetic experiences I can think of. Likewise meditation - it can put you on a another level of awareness, but the experience remains firmly rooted in the sublunary sphere.

I don't think I need fear a clerical debagging. I'm a bit too old for one thing. I think you must have let your riper fantasies stray a bit too far. I know you are a regular subscriber to 'Choirboy Chronicles', indolently flipping through each issue on your paintpeeling porch clad in nothing but a sequinned posing pouch and a feather boa, so no doubt the association of ideas was too strong for you to resist.

You're just a culinary god-botherer. A canary-fancying, mimsyish stick insect, who secretly realises that religion is all a big put-up job but doesn't have the nerve to admit it. Your view of religion amounts to nothing more than the salt in the stew. Time to go on a low-sodium diet.

* The fool has said in his heart, "There is no God," * -Psalm 53:1

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: theONE on November 03, 2016, 10:05:00 AM

And that was written, when?

SredniVashtar

Quote from: theONE on November 03, 2016, 10:05:00 AM

It's not a very subtle distinction but it seems that it's still too subtle for you to grasp. Nobody can say that there is no God, they merely say the case is unproven, therefore there is no sense in believing something when you have no evidence for it.

theONE

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 03, 2016, 10:12:51 AM
And that was written, when?

1. "Will They Never Learn? Psalm 53"
http://www.easyenglish.info/psalms/psalm053-taw.htm

2. "Psalms Chapter 53"
http://www.sacred-texts.com/bib/cmt/barnes/psa053.htm

3. "Psalms 14 and 53: The Fool Has Said In His Heart"
https://edgeinducedcohesion.wordpress.com/2011/06/25/psalms-14-and-53-the-fool-has-said-in-his-heart/
A Verse-By-Verse Comparison of Psalms 14 and 53

**Notwithstanding some serious biblical warnings about the dangers of calling someone a fool (see Matthew 5:21-22 [1]),
I have long been fascinated by the message of Psalms 14 and 53.
After all, the psalms both start with a bang, saying that the fool says in his heart that there is no God.
Therefore, we may take Psalms 14 and 53 (which are almost identical) as commentaries on the problem of atheism.
And that we shall do later on if we have the time.**

theONE

Quote from: SredniVashtar on November 03, 2016, 10:14:22 AM
It's not a very subtle distinction but it seems that it's still too subtle for you to grasp. Nobody can say that there is no God, they merely say the case is unproven, therefore there is no sense in believing something when you have no evidence for it.

If things prophesied in Book of Revelation {and in Book of Daniel} start to 'materialize' will that be enough prove that there is God??
/some of them already did materialize but they are not dramatic for some people I guess/ some people waiting till the last minute (till 11:55)
to start believing..but that will be too late for many and they will be deceived to the point of almost no return...

onan

If the Bible were to add a couple vampires and angst ridden teens. Maybe it would make more sense.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: theONE on November 03, 2016, 10:30:45 AM
If things prophesied in Book of Revelation {and in Book of Daniel} start to 'materialize' will that be enough prove that there is God??
/some of them already did materialize but they are not dramatic for some people I guess/ some people waiting till the last minute (till 11:55)
to start believing..but that will be too late for many and they will be deceived to the point of almost no return...

And of the believers? Will their death be less traumatic?

theONE

Quote from: onan on November 03, 2016, 10:31:57 AM
If the Bible were to add a couple vampires and angst ridden teens. Maybe it would make more sense.

what's so difficult for you to understand in the Bible ??

SredniVashtar

Quote from: theONE on November 03, 2016, 10:36:51 AM
what's so difficult for you to understand in the Bible ??

Apart from being a concoction from multiple translations, starting with the original Greek before going through Hebrew, Latin and finally English, with all the inaccuracies that would involve (ever play telephone?), not to mention all the events in the New Testament being written down by unknown authors many years after these 'events' supposedly happened. People used to think Moses had horns before it was pointed out to them that it was a mistranslation from Hebrew. In other words, it's an epic fruit salad of time-wasting bollocks.

theONE

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 03, 2016, 10:36:22 AM
And of the believers? Will their death be less traumatic?

there is this phenomenal concept that true believers in Jesus Christ will be 'raptured' from here before real hell starts that will last
for 7 years, second part of the 7 years {the 3.1/2 years} will be really REALLY hellish as there was never before on Earth and as we know
from history there were some terrible tyrants before --but this time this tyrant will be super SUPER vicious 

theONE

Quote from: SredniVashtar on November 03, 2016, 10:40:54 AM
Apart from being a concoction from multiple translations, starting with the original Greek before going through Hebrew, Latin and finally English, with all the inaccuracies that would involve (ever play telephone?), not to mention all the events in the New Testament being written down by unknown authors many years after these 'events' supposedly happened. People used to think Moses had horns before it was pointed out to them that it was a mistranslation from Hebrew. In other words, it's an epic fruit salad of time-wasting bollocks.

There is this wise saying..."if you want to beat the dog you will always find the stick"

SredniVashtar

Quote from: theONE on November 03, 2016, 10:47:26 AM
There is this wise saying..."if you want to beat the dog you will always find the stick"

Really, Grasshopper. Well, I prefer the one that says, "don't piss on my back and tell me it's raining."

albrecht

Quote from: SredniVashtar on November 03, 2016, 09:04:58 AM
The chances of God existing are on about the same level of probability as a Yorkshireman buying a round of drinks, and I act accordingly.
If you substituted another stereotype, say Jew or Scot, there you would be criticized and even maybe be in violation of your "hate speech" laws (since free speech no longer exists there.) I find that odd. Is stereotyping of different types of Englishmen still legal under your system and only "others" are protected? (Assuming you published or made those comments on your home turf and not on a website in the USA about a radio-host that no longer hosts a show.) Though your comment and dig at YP was funny.

theONE

Quote from: SredniVashtar on November 03, 2016, 10:49:25 AM
Really, Grasshopper. Well, I prefer the one that says, "don't piss on my back and tell me it's raining."

hahaha,...yes snail - but there is also this saying.... "we will see who is right"