• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Latest French Attacks: updates (in English)

Started by albrecht, November 13, 2015, 03:50:16 PM

SredniVashtar

Quote from: trostol on November 13, 2015, 05:09:25 PM
and it is still being investigated to this day if i recall no?

I'm not sure, but it wouldn't surprise me. It is one of those things that still gets talked about and gone over again and again. The biggest tabloid in this country, The Sun, accused the Liverpool fans of being responsible at the time, and that paper is still a dirty word in Liverpool, and unofficially banned there. I think a lot of it had to do with how much responsibility the police took for it all.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: albrecht on November 13, 2015, 05:09:10 PM
Genetically targeted bioweapon? Kidding, of course!! Yeah, in a free society, especially a multicultural society, there will always be aberrations and crime but we can try to limit its extension to mass terrorism by proper profiling, sealing borders and checking travel documents, making certain things illegal (we can't do it here due to our Constitution as interpreted but maybe there one could) ban mosques, garb, Muslim schools, not allow "refugees," any immigrants don't have same rights as native born (tracking, surveillance, bank account monitoring, one-strike you're out policy- if anyone in their family commits an offense the whole family is kicked out etc.) Eliminate subsidized housing or any public assistance. Force their children, even girls, to attend public schools- or heck even parochial schools! Maybe even some one-time payment and a one-way ticket for any Muslim who wants to return home (if we can't/won't kick them out.)

I live next door to a Muslim family. The parents are pretty traditional, while the kids became more westernised. I am sure their kids would then go a step further, and so on. It's too simple to say ban this or that and it will make things better. I find women wearing the burka pretty annoying, but it's none of my business, really. If you make a fuss about things like that you end up reinforcing the culture rather than slowly bringing them into the mainstream. It might be irksome, but trying to do it the way they have tried in France seems the wrong way to me. We can read all sorts of despicable shit that happens, like honour killings, but most of them (like people in general) just want to get on with their lives. If they feel their culture is under attack, then you have provided the best way of making sure they will do their best to preserve it. That's not the same thing as excusing anything like the stuff we are seeing right now, of course.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Art_s Farts on November 13, 2015, 05:19:53 PM
They'll always be the Pigeons of Shit Metal to me

Too soon?

No such thing.

trostol

Quote from: SredniVashtar on November 13, 2015, 05:20:31 PM
I'm not sure, but it wouldn't surprise me. It is one of those things that still gets talked about and gone over again and again. The biggest tabloid in this country, The Sun, accused the Liverpool fans of being responsible at the time, and that paper is still a dirty word in Liverpool, and unofficially banned there. I think a lot of it had to do with how much responsibility the police took for it all.

yeah as a Liverpool supporter ...when ever the Sun is brought up on the forum its generally..negatively viewed

chefist

Reports are they are executing the hostages one by one...they better storm that place!

I feel for those killed and their families...

UPDATE! Assault underway!

albrecht

Quote from: SredniVashtar on November 13, 2015, 05:28:04 PM
I live next door to a Muslim family. The parents are pretty traditional, while the kids became more westernised. I am sure their kids would then go a step further, and so on. It's too simple to say ban this or that and it will make things better. I find women wearing the burka pretty annoying, but it's none of my business, really. If you make a fuss about things like that you end up reinforcing the culture rather than slowly bringing them into the mainstream. It might be irksome, but trying to do it the way they have tried in France seems the wrong way to me. We can read all sorts of despicable shit that happens, like honour killings, but most of them (like people in general) just want to get on with their lives. If they feel their culture is under attack, then you have provided the best way of making sure they will do their best to preserve it. That's not the same thing as excusing anything like the stuff we are seeing right now, of course.
I know some Muslims too that are, now, Muslim in name only (the one guy is adamant how backwards the religion is, particularly the Salafist/Saudi type.) He also says that Pakistan is ruined because of them and says the British made India, and then Pakistan, good countries. He is in his 90s.
But, I say, these younger ones, the male "refugees", the "youths" in the suburbs, the begarbed women, the girls not allowed to attend school etc don't want to fit in. Why should we change our culture, our civil rights, our laws etc to accommodate them? Let the Muslim live "Muslim culture" in their lands. I am against intervening, unless they attack us. And, maybe, play the great game and set the different sects and divisions against each other. But get them out of our countries and send all the "refugees" back, unless they can prove they aren't Muslim and accept severe tracking, monitoring, and profiling and will work with zero public dole or housing. Maybe put them on birth control or vasectomies also (with consent, but if you don't consent--> go home.)

The ones that wish to remain here and are already here? They should be BENDING OVER BACKWARDS to report on, protest against, grass on, and even fight those more radical ones. But they don't, except lip-service. I think a lot of the "non-radical," normal Muslims secretly like some of these attacks. Go back home, I say. Everyone talks about Muslims, etc culture? Appreciate Caribbean culture, Appreciate Oriental culture, preserve this or that culture, respect this and that religion, etc. Why aren't OUR culture(s) appreciated? Our languages? Our religions? Why can't WE have our "homelands"?

nbirnes

Quote from: chefist on November 13, 2015, 05:40:26 PM
Reports are they are executing the hostages one by one...they better storm that place!

I feel for those killed and their families...

UPDATE! Assault underway!

A live update feed: https://www.reddit.com/live/vwwmdb26t78v

Prayers for sanity.

Juan

French police report they have arrested a terrorist at one of the scenes and that person claims to be from ISIS.

chefist

Quote from: nbirnes on November 13, 2015, 05:45:56 PM
A live update feed: https://www.reddit.com/live/vwwmdb26t78v

Prayers for sanity.

Many Brits on Bellgab...the number for information in Paris on family/friends is 020 7008 1500...

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Juan on November 13, 2015, 05:47:51 PM
French police report they have arrested a terrorist at one of the scenes and that person claims to be from ISIS.

Dear Leader did say ISIS was "contained" today. Well, that's one guy.

albrecht

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 13, 2015, 05:50:31 PM
   Dear Leader did say ISIS was "contained" today. Well, that's one guy.
And he announced he is opening new offices to "streamline the vetting" so he can bring more into this country at a faster rate. Almost as if he is afraid of what happens in Europe might make sane Americans wonder about his policy. I kid you not, even after the government in Congressional testimony said that they cannot vett many a "refugee" due to falsified passports, lack of documentation, and chaotic scene in the area but "leader" says "bring more in!"

bateman

Police raid concluded, reports of dozens dead inside the theater. At least 2 attackers killed.

chefist

Quote from: bateman on November 13, 2015, 05:55:35 PM
Police raid concluded, reports of dozens dead inside the theater. At least 2 attackers killed.

Once they started the executions, they had to go in...very brave and quick reaction by those French police...they are very well trained as long as their politicians don't hold them back...

bateman

Quote from: chefist on November 13, 2015, 05:56:56 PM
Once they started the executions, they had to go in...very brave and quick reaction by those French police...they are very well trained as long as their politicians don't hold them back...

Agreed. No choice at that point.

VtaGeezer

There's something surreal about seeing live shots of French firemen in their pretty chrome helmets waiting outside the theater full of hostages.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: albrecht on November 13, 2015, 05:54:41 PM
And he announced he is opening new offices to "streamline the vetting" so he can bring more into this country at a faster rate. Almost as if he is afraid of what happens in Europe might make sane Americans wonder about his policy. I kid you not, even after the government in Congressional testimony said that they cannot vett many a "refugee" due to falsified passports, lack of documentation, and chaotic scene in the area but "leader" says "bring more in!"

He should be praying (rug optionable) that these things keep occurring "over there" and not stateside.

Then again, if such an attack did occur in NYC or LA, some kid spraypainting "USA" on a mosque would ultimately be the thing to be concerned about.

chefist

The terrorists set off explosives to kill as many hostages as possible...

bateman

Quote from: chefist on November 13, 2015, 06:02:11 PM
Next question...were they Syrian refugees?

I believe one arrested claims to be ISIS, nationality/origin uknown.

and:

QuoteAccording to BFMTV, one of the gunmen shouted: "It's for Syria" at Bataclan and Allahu Akbar.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/11995227/Paris-shooting-Many-feared-dead-live.html

albrecht

Quote from: bateman on November 13, 2015, 05:59:11 PM
Agreed. No choice at that point.
Any chemists on the board? I'm curious if there is some type of real 'knockout' gas that could be used in these situations. I heard Russians used some in Beslan but not that effective (or can hurt/kill hostages maybe?) It would seem to be something that should be developed. Clearly there would always be a chance of hurting hostages but less than the Muslims would likely? Just a thought.

VtaGeezer

A report from a media agency called AFP says 100 dead inside the Bataclan.  Seven coordinated attacks around the city reported. This is a malignancy that the modern West seems incapable of resolving.  If the Allies had this limited themselves to this level of restraint in WWII, we'd be wearing swastika pins.

Eddie Coyle

Our attempts to depose that Larry Bird-faced Bashar Assad have been as idiotic as our Saddam campaign, and incredibly may actually be WORSE in the long run.

Sykes-Picot turns 100 soon. Worked out well.

chefist

Quote from: albrecht on November 13, 2015, 06:08:22 PM
Any chemists on the board? I'm curious if there is some type of real 'knockout' gas that could be used in these situations. I heard Russians used some in Beslan but not that effective (or can hurt/kill hostages maybe?) It would seem to be something that should be developed. Clearly there would always be a chance of hurting hostages but less than the Muslims would likely? Just a thought.

I'm a chemist...yes there is, but if you have an explosive or weapon it would not act fast enough to prevent the violent acts...

albrecht

Quote from: VtaGeezer on November 13, 2015, 06:15:50 PM
This is a malignancy the modern West seems incapable of resolving.  If the Allies had this limited themselves to this level of restraint in WWII, we'd be wearing swastika pins.
The Serbs and Russians know how to handle the issue, other Europeans once did, but forgot. Maybe they will wake up? Who knows?

chefist

Quote from: VtaGeezer on November 13, 2015, 06:15:50 PM
This is a malignancy the modern West seems incapable of resolving.  If the Allies had this limited themselves to this level of restraint in WWII, we'd be wearing swastika pins.

Correct...more civilian dead in WWII than combatants...why? to eliminate the desire to wage war...

bateman