• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 01, 2017, 02:47:07 AM
Uggh.  Jorch plays the tape with his rendition of The Tell-Tale Heart.  I'm out of here.  G'night folks.
He is so lazy. I think he has pulled this stunt before. If people wanted to hear Poe there are FAR, FAR better recordings out there than mumbling Norry.

shadefc09

Quote from: albrecht on November 01, 2017, 04:01:02 PM
He is so lazy. I think he has pulled this stunt before. If people wanted to hear Poe there are FAR, FAR better recordings out there than mumbling Norry.

He does it every year now

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: shadefc09 on November 01, 2017, 04:05:04 PM

Someone should read him his walking papers. Now make like a tree and beat it, Snoory!  >:(

albrecht

Quote from: shadefc09 on November 01, 2017, 04:05:04 PM
He is so lazy. I'm not advocating it- because he can't tell a story worth a damn- but, at minimum, change up and read something new. Not just an old recording played many times before!

Parris001

Coast Insiders got screwed. There was no hour three from last night's show. Only hour four twice. Way to go Tommee............

NevadaGuy2011

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 01, 2017, 02:47:07 AM
Uggh.  Jorch plays the tape with his rendition of The Tell-Tale Heart.  I'm out of here.  G'night folks.

Yep.  And it was awful.  The worst part is I tuned in just as he finished up the calls and started in on it.  Horrible. 

Zetaspeak

"Got to be honest, I only listen to you is because of my wife" - G2G caller  in middle of hour 3

Ha, even the callers need to put the blame on another person as an excuse to listen to Jorch

Maybe that's the reason for no third hour Parris

CoolTen10

Was there a G2G last night? All I heard was alot of promotions and renditions of old tales.

albrecht

Quote from: CoolTen10 on November 01, 2017, 10:30:42 PM
Was there a G2G last night? All I heard was alot of promotions and renditions of old tales.
That, sadly, is what is called G2G now under Norry. A "new direction."

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on November 01, 2017, 02:13:23 AM
Well, it seemed like a good percentage of his callers lived in CA, and in the Bay Area.  Which makes sense since it started at 10pm here, and we have the largest population of the states.  I didn't conduct a scientific poll, or even ask everyone I knew, but it always seemed odd that no one I did ask had ever heard of him when topics like the X-Files, ufos, or bigfoot came up and I would ask. 

My point though was, there is no way 1 person of every 20 (15 mil / 300 million) in this country had their radios tuned to his show in the middle of the night every night.  Didn't happen.

No you're right it didn't happen because Art Bell's C2C was broadcast all over the world, not just in the United States. Toward the end of the '90s it was also available worldwide via the Internet. The estimated 15 million viewers per night were worldwide. George Noory doesn't have the talent to generate that kind of interest and he never will. But they've made up for his deficit my charging for past shows, presenting infomercials-for-profit rather than legitimate guests and lowering the standards on potential guests. The motor city moron managed to destroy what was at one time a beloved radio institution. Congratulations George Noory.

pate

When a media figure suffers from noorapathy, it is sad.  Most abadonpepe hairwaves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNnkbkZeWKc

Yew Manatee!

The Snorchlax

Well Ghost to Ghost has come and gone, back to business!

AvDaBr

Ha.  Earlier on tonight's show bad George reported that "New York" governor Chris Christie blamed the opioid epidemic on "over-prescribed doctors".

GNS

albrecht

Quote from: AvDaBr on November 02, 2017, 12:07:09 AM
Ha.  Earlier on tonight's show bad George reported that "New York" governor Chris Christie blamed the opioid epidemic on "over-prescribed doctors".

GNS
DEA n Boards big time looks into doctors using, actually. Happens, or happened, a lot. I think the problem is over now, maybe. But lotsa problems in past of various "health professional" or workers doing stuff. GNS, obviously, but his bumbling there has had some, inadevert, truth.

Quote from: Sarcastic Plastic on November 01, 2017, 10:57:55 PM
No you're right it didn't happen because Art Bell's C2C was broadcast all over the world, not just in the United States. Toward the end of the '90s it was also available worldwide via the Internet. The estimated 15 million viewers per night were worldwide. George Noory doesn't have the talent to generate that kind of interest and he never will. But they've made up for his deficit my charging for past shows, presenting infomercials-for-profit rather than legitimate guests and lowering the standards on potential guests. The motor city moron managed to destroy what was at one time a beloved radio institution. Congratulations George Noory.

So 3 million actual listeners per show in the US, and 12 million outside the US? 

I'm with you on Norry, and used to like Art Bell.  But when he came up with the Stalker/shooter story - finally showing everyone he just isn't credible - a lot of things that never made sense fell into place.  He no longer gets the benefit of the doubt on any of it.  So, as far as I'm concerned there is no Ouiji Board story too scary and disturbing to talk about; he didn't have all those paranormal experiences (neither did Whitley); gold, HGH, and C Crane radios weren't great ways to spend money; and 1 person in 20 weren't listening to the show every night.  I even have my doubts that 'someone else'' wrote the comments about Filipinos that went all over the internet, maybe it was part of some weird marital spat. 

Like I said, radio shares are not public information and are thus subject to exaggeration.  What little that is put out there is in cumulatives for the week.  Hosts are happy to let people assume, say, 15 million is per night, not per week, and if it's repeated often enough it just becomes the number.  He probably believes it himself at this point, but it doesn't add up.

Jojo

Quote from: Parris001 on November 01, 2017, 07:08:41 PM
Coast Insiders got screwed. There was no hour three from last night's show. Only hour four twice. Way to go Tommee............
Hour threeeeeee
For posterityyyyyyyy!

ItsOver

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on November 02, 2017, 01:04:48 AM
So 3 million actual listeners per show in the US, and 12 million outside the US? 

I'm with you on Norry, and used to like Art Bell.  But when he came up with the Stalker/shooter story - finally showing everyone he just isn't credible - a lot of things that never made sense fell into place.  He no longer gets the benefit of the doubt on any of it.  So, as far as I'm concerned there is no Ouiji Board story too scary and disturbing to talk about; he didn't have all those paranormal experiences (neither did Whitley); gold, HGH, and C Crane radios weren't great ways to spend money; and 1 person in 20 weren't listening to the show every night.  I even have my doubts that 'someone else'' wrote the comments about Filipinos that went all over the internet, maybe it was part of some weird marital spat. 

Like I said, radio shares are not public information and are thus subject to exaggeration.  What little that is put out there is in cumulatives for the week.  Hosts are happy to let people assume, say, 15 million is per night, not per week, and if it's repeated often enough it just becomes the number.  He probably believes it himself at this point, but it doesn't add up.
He may not have had any of the above, as you point out, PB, but he does have millions stashed away, an outpost in Pahrump, and a mail order bride, with child, and with a child. 

Parris001

Is this freaking dejavu? Hour one of last night with the opioid interview........  sounds word for word like a show I heard Jimmy Church do last week.

albrecht

Quote from: Parris001 on November 02, 2017, 01:00:11 PM
Is this freaking dejavu? Hour one of last night with the opioid interview........  sounds word for word like a show I heard Jimmy Church do last week.
Nah just bad program director and producer and crappy hosts. I saw the subject and also thought "they just did this show" and didn't listen. Tearing down my Halloween decorations outside I actually listened to the recent G2G. How awful. Besides dumping early and having a guest instead of callers he didn't let the guest get really into any of his stories. And the few callers Norry allowed? I swear some were repeats of past shows or then had called in before with those stories on a rare OL night. And then Norry simply rehased stories he told so many times before and then went to a recorded replay of him reading Poe. Awful stuff. He is not only lazy but really showed his contempt for the audience that night.

ItsOver

Quote from: diowulf on November 01, 2017, 12:59:40 PM
I'm sure I know the show already but I'm not following, do tell please what's TCM? I tried ghost to ghost but got about five minutes in and gave up
TCM = Turner Classic Movies.  Noory doing Ghost to Ghost = Suck x Tommee's girth squared.

MyEye

Quote from: AvDaBr on November 02, 2017, 12:07:09 AM

GNS
So I didn't hear wrong; congratulations to Christie on his new job.

ItsOver

DATE
Friday - November 3, 2017
HOST
George Noory
GUESTS
Steven Jay Rubin,    Open Lines
Author Steven Jay Rubin will be discussing the original Twilight Zone television show, its impact today after nearly 60 years, and the writers, producers, actors, and directors who created this iconic series. Followed by Open Lines in the second half.

Get ready for "did yeeewww know I know Billy Mumy?" and "It was a cookbook!"

Quote from: ItsOver on November 02, 2017, 06:59:31 PM
DATE
Friday - November 3, 2017
HOST
George Noory
GUESTS
Steven Jay Rubin,    Open Lines
Author Steven Jay Rubin will be discussing the original Twilight Zone television show, its impact today after nearly 60 years, and the writers, producers, actors, and directors who created this iconic series. Followed by Open Lines in the second half.

Get ready for "did yeeewww know I know Billy Mumy?" and "It was a cookbook!"

He might also pull a fast fact out of his computer while not listening to his guest, like blurting out

Noory: the Kanamits were all played by Richard Kiel
Guest: (long pregnant pause followed by attempt to regain train of thought)
Noory: (still completely detached) Richard died in 2014

It's those little Noory electronic insights that are akin to fingernails on a blackboard.

Jorch is such a spineless shell of a broadcaster. He doesn't have the intellect or balls to challenge guests, he agrees with everything they say no matter how preposterous the shit that comes from a guest's mouth is. The last time I listened a few days ago he had this gay sounding self styled exorcist, he's been on before. So the guy is telling his wild story about a possessed older woman he attended to in her home, the blow by blow description was amazing, a 25 minute epic battle with demons, the guy says he's 250 pounds and to fight a demon you have to be big and strong or you'd stand no chance. Jorch of course just goes along with him as if it's all very real offering a typical Nooryesque response 'They're strong aren't they'

I need to get into this amateur science field. I have come up with the 'Noory Test', similar to the 'Turing Test' - the Turing test is a test of computer AI's ability to convince a human that it could be a human by its responses to questions. The 'Noory Test' would be a test of humans so bland so robotic that another human cannot distinguish these persons from a robot simulating a human being's responses. I dream of the day psychologists use the Noory Test as a diagnostic standard for intellectual and emotional flatness, scored out of 10 - 'The patient is a Noory 9, shows little real empathy for others nor little knowledge or interest in acquiring any. The condition is benign, he is of no threat to others or himself but the prognosis for a full and successful life is poor. He would do best in environments where people need and seek the attention and approval of others non-judgmentally.'

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on November 03, 2017, 12:43:43 AM
Jorch is such a spineless shell of a broadcaster. He doesn't have the intellect or balls to challenge guests, he agrees with everything they say no matter how preposterous the shit that comes from a guest's mouth is. The last time I listened a few days ago he had this gay sounding self styled exorcist, he's been on before. So the guy is telling his wild story about a possessed older woman he attended to in her home, the blow by blow description was amazing, a 25 minute epic battle with demons, the guy says he's 250 pounds and to fight a demon you have to be big and strong or you'd stand no chance. Jorch of course just goes along with him as if it's all very real offering a typical Nooryesque response 'They're strong aren't they'

I need to get into this amateur science field. I have come up with the 'Noory Test', similar to the 'Turing Test' - the Turing test is a test of computer AI's ability to convince a human that it could be a human by its responses to questions. The 'Noory Test' would be a test of humans so bland so robotic that another human cannot distinguish these persons from a robot simulating a human being's responses. I dream of the day psychologists use the Noory Test as a diagnostic standard for intellectual and emotional flatness, scored out of 10 - 'The patient is a Noory 9, shows little real empathy for others nor little knowledge or interest in acquiring any. The condition is benign, he is of no threat to others or himself but the prognosis for a full and successful life is poor. He would do best in environments where people need and seek the attention and approval of others non-judgmentally.'

Did you listen to the same show I did? Bill Bean is the exact opposite of a gay man.   He used to be a bouncer.  His life story is extremely interesting.  Sorry you didn't like it but I enjoyed his appearance immensely.  I wish he had been on for another hour instead of subjecting us to Noory's version of A Tell-Tale Heart!

Jojo

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on November 03, 2017, 12:43:43 AM

Born that way:
Scorpio in fourth house (insensitivity)
Aquarius moon (non-judgmental to concepts)
Wandering Mercury (gaffes, flatness)

But his Venus in Taurus (like Márta Károlyi) really is kind, not smarmy.  It just sounds smarmy (see above...)

Swishypants

What is a double Pisces with Scorpio rising?

Jojo

Quote from: Sarcastic Plastic on November 02, 2017, 09:49:42 PM
He might also pull a fast fact out of his computer while not listening to his guest, like blurting out

Noory: the Kanamits were all played by Richard Kiel
Guest: (long pregnant pause followed by attempt to regain train of thought)
Noory: (still completely detached) Richard died in 2014

It's those little Noory electronic insights that are akin to fingernails on a blackboard.

Spewing!

Jojo

Quote from: Swishypants on November 03, 2017, 01:23:25 AM
What is a double Pisces with Scorpio rising?
At first I wanted to say, "a plague", but actually it's not as bad as it sounds.  Requires patience.  Very oriented to the emotions, which can be a curse and a crown.  Needs soaks, if it's the one I suspect.

Swishypants

Quote from: Jojo on November 03, 2017, 01:33:22 AM
At first I wanted to say, "a plague", but actually it's not as bad as it sounds.  Requires patience.  Very oriented to the emotions, which can be a curse and a crown.  Needs soaks, if it's the one I suspect.

You know it's about as advanced as it gets. One more life at best and out! Almost done.