George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Parris001

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on October 27, 2017, 06:12:38 PM
Didn't he also have an Alt id?

What was his alternate? I'm shocked the man is brave enough to show up and face us.

Swishypants

Quote from: Parris001 on October 28, 2017, 08:28:38 AM
What was his alternate? I'm shocked the man is brave enough to show up and face us.

STOP FUCKING UP MY PERFECT RUN ON ALL THE SUB-FORUMS!!! DIE!!!

Parris001

Quote from: Swishypants on October 28, 2017, 08:56:28 AM

Blow me......................

Hulk_Hoagland

George, you stink out loud and I don’t like you. Please retire, please and thank you.

Jojo

Quote from: Parris001 on October 28, 2017, 08:28:38 AM
I dont know.  Someone said that here recently though. 

Jojo

Quote from: Swishypants on October 28, 2017, 08:56:28 AM
My favorite avatar was the smiling African American.  But this one here sure beats argyle plaid!

Jojo

Quote from: Jojo on October 29, 2017, 02:24:53 AM
My favorite avatar was the smiling African American.  But this one here sure beats argyle plaid!
Wait, that was Md Md.

Jojo

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on October 28, 2017, 01:11:45 AM
Hahaha, is that Noory's cover version?  I'm not sure he quite got the point of the song.
Yeah, that's his story.  And he's stickin' to being Sandman!  He admits it!  He's asleep and he doesnt care if we are!

136 or 142

The Health Benefits of Turmeric You've Been Hearing About Are Wildly Overstated

https://www.self.com/story/health-benefits-of-turmeric-wildly-overstated

From listening to Nori, I thought it was tumeric.

albrecht

They can't even enough pre-screened callers for a G2G show on a Tuesday night! Sad. Everyone recalls Art having hours of calls, and good ones and stories- frankly, sometimes I think he had to cut them off too soon- and now they can't even get, with pre-screening, call-backs, etc enough for a short show?
https://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2017/10/31
George Noory hosts the traditional "Ghost to Ghost AM" Halloween show, where callers and guests share tales of ghostly encounters and contact with the afterworld. First hour guest, author, lecturer, and paranormal expert Bill Bean will discuss some of his most evil and disturbing cases, including exorcisms he's performed, as well as the world of curses, obsessions, and possessions by demonic entities.

Morgus

Quote from: albrecht on October 30, 2017, 10:31:51 PM
They can't even enough pre-screened callers for a G2G show on a Tuesday night! Sad. Everyone recalls Art having hours of calls, and good ones and stories- frankly, sometimes I think he had to cut them off too soon- and now they can't even get, with pre-screening, call-backs, etc enough for a short show?
George Noory hosts the traditional "Ghost to Ghost AM" Halloween show, where callers and guests share tales of ghostly encounters and contact with the afterworld. First hour guest, author, lecturer, and paranormal expert Bill Bean will discuss some of his most evil and disturbing cases, including exorcisms he's performed, as well as the world of curses, obsessions, and possessions by demonic entities.
Yep, Noory has done that since he took over the annual G2G show a few years ago, destroying yet another c2cam tradition.
He makes it just like the format as his weekly Friday shows, with a guest for an hour or two and then less than 2 hours of open lines often interrupted with quick guest callins.

Quote from: albrecht on October 30, 2017, 10:31:51 PM

Keep in mind Art Bell had 12 million listeners on any given night, Snorch barely musters 6 million in an entire week. Tomorrow I'll figure out the percentage of decrease, tonight I really don't care. And then there's the caliber of callers - when I listen to Art's callers on Somewhere in Time then compare their intelligence and articulation to Snorch's current pool of sycophants the disparity is incredible. I'd forgotten how intelligent the conversations of the '90s could be. Gosh I miss those days.

NoMoreNoory

"I seem to have a router in my head."
                                - Joorch Noory, Mad As Hell, p 351

Why does George Knapp consistently manage to have interesting guests talking about interesting things while Snorch solicits the worst of the worst night after painful night? Did Snorch suck on batteries as a child? (stole than line from Willam the drag queen, thanks Willam).

Just heard "Anton and LaVey"

It was just an example of fumblegums, right? He does know Anton LaVey was just one person, doesn't he?

Sad part is he probably doesn't know. Poor Snorch, suddenly I feel sorry for him. Think I'll start calling him George.

Jojo

Quote from: Sarcastic Plastic on October 30, 2017, 11:03:59 PM
Keep in mind Art Bell had 12 million listeners on any given night, Snorch barely musters 6 million in an entire week...

I've seen numbers as high as 15 million.  There is no way it was ever even close to that. 

The population of the US when Art was getting ''15 million listeners'' was 300 million.  Was 5% of the populaton listening to Art Bell from 10pm-2am on the West Coast and 1am-4am on the East Coast?  One person of every 20 - man, woman, child, non-English speaking immigrant - tuning in to Art Bell in the middle of the night every single week night? 

Of course not.  I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and worked for a software company at the time.  A place where the unusual was the norm, as was staying up all night.  I wasn't aware of a single person that even knew who Art Bell was.

IMO, the 12 million, or 15 million, or whatever it was was either cums - each night's listeners added together cumulatively for the week - or just plain inflated.  Which is what radio shows do, which is why the audience is reported in cums for the week, which is why those numbers aren't released publicly the way the TV Nielsons are.

Still, 2.5 - 3 million per night is nothing to sneeze at.  Especially considering a large percentage of Art's fans listened to the entire show, unlike Noory, whose half a million listeners per night (if that) each mostly tune in for just a segment or two     

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: Sarcastic Plastic on October 30, 2017, 11:38:58 PM
Just heard "Anton and LaVey"

It was just an example of fumblegums, right? He does know Anton LaVey was just one person, doesn't he?

Sad part is he probably doesn't know. Poor Snorch, suddenly I feel sorry for him. Think I'll start calling him George.

Don't get him started on Olivia, Newt and John.

"They really think they're wor-ulves."

George Noory.

--------------------
"Werewolf?"
"There."
"What?"
"There, wolf."

Parris001

Quote from: Sarcastic Plastic on October 30, 2017, 11:11:53 PM
Why does George Knapp consistently manage to have interesting guests talking about interesting things while Snorch solicits the worst of the worst night after painful night? Did Snorch suck on batteries as a child? (stole than line from Willam the drag queen, thanks Willam).

That's my question. Do the guest hosts get to pc their guests? Knapp, Schrader, Syrett.............. all interesting shows with great guests. Snoory, yet another psychic medium.........

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: Parris001 on October 31, 2017, 05:34:33 AM
That's my question. Do the guest hosts get to pc their guests? Knapp, Schrader, Syrett.............. all interesting shows with great guests. Snoory, yet another psychic medium.........

I have it on good authority that it's a bit of both: picking their own and being told who the guests will be. I suspect Knapp is autonomous, though.

REG pretty good last night. Noory an irritating moron as usual. Nosferatu was mentioned, and while she was talking about it, Noory interrupted to ask 'When was that filmed?' Guiley picked up her thread only to have Joorch - a quick Google later - interrupt her again to announce '1922. It was filmed in 1922.'
He had an odd fingernail obsession last night. Asked a few times how long Max Shrek's finger nails were. 'They must have been six inches at least!' Later, he announced that his grandson wanted to be Freddy Kruger for Halloween. 'I said, "Wendy, does he have to? He's such a cute kid." But that's what he's doing, with the long fingernails and everything.' ???

Jojo

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on October 30, 2017, 11:05:02 PM
"I seem to have a router in my head."
                                - Joorch Noory, Mad As Hell, p 351
Hey, is there a lot of drinking in that book?  There was in his novel.

albrecht

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on October 31, 2017, 04:48:52 PM
I have it on good authority that it's a bit of both: picking their own and being told who the guests will be. I suspect Knapp is autonomous, though.

REG pretty good last night. Noory an irritating moron as usual. Nosferatu was mentioned, and while she was talking about it, Noory interrupted to ask 'When was that filmed?' Guiley picked up her thread only to have Joorch - a quick Google later - interrupt her again to announce '1922. It was filmed in 1922.'
He had an odd fingernail obsession last night. Asked a few times how long Max Shrek's finger nails were. 'They must have been six inches at least!' Later, he announced that his grandson wanted to be Freddy Kruger for Halloween. 'I said, "Wendy, does he have to? He's such a cute kid." But that's what he's doing, with the long fingernails and everything.' ???
Once again Norry viewing everything through a movie reference....and getting details (a pretty MAJOR detail) wrong.
-GNS

Dateline

I heard that Norry was going to dress up like his muse this Halloween:  Falkie.

ItsOver

Quote from: Dateline on October 31, 2017, 05:48:25 PM
That sounds better than this.  Jorch being himself.

ItsOver

Quote from: Dateline on October 31, 2017, 05:48:25 PM
That sounds better than this.  Jorch, just being himself.

ShayP

Quote from: ItsOver on October 31, 2017, 08:14:34 PM
That sounds better than this.  Jorch being himself.

Ya know...I've seen that pic a bunch of times and I know the puppet is from the movie "It's Alive."  However...what the hell is George trying to be?

ItsOver

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on October 31, 2017, 12:31:49 AM
Don't get him started on Olivia, Newt and John.

"Virginia in Atlanta.  Go ahead, Virgin..."

ItsOver

Quote from: ShayP on October 31, 2017, 08:21:03 PM
Ya know...I've seen that pic a bunch of times and I know the puppet is from the movie "It's Alive."  However...what the hell is George trying to be?
Ha, ha, ha... believe it or not, he's suppose to be one of his idols, Morgus.