• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

mike_olsen

Quote from: TigerLily on October 26, 2017, 11:57:19 PM
I often thought he was either drunk or having a stroke. Or both. That's how I found Bellgab. Googling, "What's wrong with George Noory?"

Those are decent possibilities as well... I first thought he was in the initial stages of Alzheimer's.

Quote from: mike_olsen on October 26, 2017, 11:48:02 PM
Now a random comment and a general question: When a guest tells something shocking or surprising to Noory, what is his professional broadcasting response? Answer: Jeeezzz......

How's this for a drinking game -- take a drink whenever Jorch says "Jeeezzz". I warn you though, you'll be drunk near the end of the first hour.
I've learned to make those drinks for every nooryism imaginary ones. My favorite old saw is the dogged insistance that "there are no coincidences"...which is true except when it isn't (it is a double shot whenever a coincidence is called an irony in defense of that particular maxim). Cheers!

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: 136 or 142 on October 25, 2017, 01:09:50 AM
Nori said "you might remember we had L.A Marzulli on a few months ago to discuss Fatima."

L.A Marzulli was on two weeks ago to discuss Fatima. 
https://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2017/10/11

I guess Nori meant "a few weeks ago."

Last night, Seth Breedlove mentioned Dave Paulides. Joorch said, 'He'll be on the show in a few weeks'. He may have said four weeks.
Actually, Paulides is the first half guest this Sunday with the man who broke him on C2C. You know, the classy presenter who knows how to conduct an interview, Mr George Knapp.
But then I guess an appearance on Coast with the lesser mortals who 'fill in' for him don't count as being 'on the show' for Noory.

NoMoreNoory

An odd cluster of a sub-category of Nooryisms over the last couple of nights.

Speaking of the release of the JFK papers, he referred to 'the 54 year old assassin', presumably meaning 'assassination'. Either that or there was one very mean baby in Dealey Plaza in 1963.

Observing that the release will still not be complete, he said the decision would be reviewed 'over the next one hundred and days'.[sic]

And he talked of the Vegas shooter as 'firing on music festivals below.' Festival-goers?

As usual, no self-correction or even awareness that he's talking horse-shit.

-GNS

Jojo

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on October 27, 2017, 11:34:51 AM
Last night, Seth Breedlove mentioned Dave Paulides. Joorch said, 'He'll be on the show in a few weeks'. He may have said four weeks.
Actually, Paulides is the first half guest this Sunday with the man who broke him on C2C. You know, the classy presenter who knows how to conduct an interview, Mr George Knapp.
But then I guess an appearance on Coast with the lesser mortals who 'fill in' for him don't count as being 'on the show' for Noory.
And the other night he said he hadnt played "Run Around Sue" in a loooong time.  But it has nearly aired monthly forever... I guess all those times didnt count because it was some other staff member's chick running around!

Jojo

Quote from: mike_olsen on October 27, 2017, 12:04:48 AM
Those are decent possibilities as well... I first thought he was in the initial stages of Alzheimer's.
I assure you, it is in his natal chart... meaning he was born this way!

Dateline

Well, here he is again, putting in sixteen hours a week, period.  He would work harder in fast food or the mall at Christmas. 

One of these weeks, he will announce, as if we did not know, that he has decided to only work four days a week.  Surprise!  Surprise!

Dateline

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on October 26, 2017, 11:55:08 PM
Looks like the iHeart bondholders want to force the company into bankruptcy.  Apparently the bondholders would recoup what they are owed, while the investors would b wiped out.  The investors are offering equity in exchange for some debt, but it doesn't look like the bond holders are interested.

The company is on track to run out of cash in Q2 next year

http://nypost.com/2017/10/26/iheartmedia-woos-creditors-with-50-50-deal/ 

Well, Norry will always fall back in his investment in ParanormalDate. com and the residuals from all of his literary classzis/

Jojo

Quote from: Swishypants on October 26, 2017, 11:31:37 PM
You are not very bright and have family issues. I'll bet you're wild in the sack. Crazy as fuck, but good in bed. I'd like to make you a bunch of promises and not keep them. :)
Insult / Derision /Sexual Scapegoating / Demeaning / TMI / Insult. 
Typical recipe.  Looks like you sammiched enough yourself.

Proper way to make a sammich:

You are pretty and I would treat you better than your family.  You are exciting.  We could make a great team, if you know what I mean.  Words just can't express my interest in at least momentatily fulfilling my dreams of you.

ShayP

Quote from: Jojo on October 27, 2017, 03:28:46 PM
You are pretty and I would treat you better than your family.  You are exciting.  We could make a great team, if you know what I mean.  Words just can't express my interest in at least momentatily fulfilling my dreams of you.

ShayP

Quote from: Dateline on October 27, 2017, 02:56:56 PM
Well, here he is again, putting in sixteen hours a week, period.  He would work harder in fast food or the mall at Christmas. 

One of these weeks, he will announce, as if we did not know, that he has decided to only work four days a week.  Surprise!  Surprise!

No no no!  Noory stated many times that he never takes a day off.  If he isn't there he is on "assignment."  ;)

Remember when Art started his stalker narrative and missed some shows?  Noory made a remark the day after Art supposedly dove to the ground to take cover from the gun shot.  He said, "some hosts stub their toe and take time off.  Not me!"  ::)

And I can actually envision Noory working at the cheesesteak place in my local mall.   ;D

NoMoreNoory

Tsk, tsk. You forget his 8 hrs 'show prep', which means a full 12 hour working day for Joorch. And don't forget those '15 to 2,000' emails a day he is 'inundated' with. They all have to be replied to. Do you know how long it takes to type 'Get a life, haturr' to each of them?

ShayP

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on October 27, 2017, 04:52:57 PM
Tsk, tsk. You forget his 8 hrs 'show prep', which means a full 12 hour working day for Joorch. And don't forget those '15 to 2,000' emails a day he is 'inundated' with. They all have to be replied to. Do you know how long it takes to type 'Get a life, haturr' to each of them?

Now now.  If we keep talking like this he may not log in and wish us a Merry Christmas again this year.   ;)

albrecht

Quote from: ShayP on October 27, 2017, 05:13:10 PM
Now now.  If we keep talking like this he may not log in and wish us a Merry Christmas again this year.   ;)
But then we can just listen to our "Christmas Coast-style" CD.

Last night Norry introduced the second guest with a "as we sllloooowly approach Halloween." (the slowly was drawn out and also weirdly pronounced.) Yet, during other times he frequently comments "how quickly time is going." Aside from mean babies or tragic stories of death, accidents, and crime he major theme is how "quickly this year is going....its is almost Feb" etc.

Parris001

Quote from: ShayP on October 27, 2017, 05:13:10 PM

Does he actually have a log in?

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on October 27, 2017, 05:32:08 PM
But then we can just listen to our "Christmas Coast-style" CD.

Last night Norry introduced the second guest with a "as we sllloooowly approach Halloween." (the slowly was drawn out and also weirdly pronounced.) Yet, during other times he frequently comments "how quickly time is going." Aside from mean babies or tragic stories of death, accidents, and crime he major theme is how "quickly this year is going....its is almost Feb" etc.

He said Paulides is going to be on in a couple of weeks. Paulides is scheduled for Sunday.

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on October 27, 2017, 04:52:57 PM
. Do you know how long it takes to type 'Get a life, haturr' to each of them?
He should just cut and paste.

Jojo

Quote from: ShayP on October 27, 2017, 03:48:09 PM
No no no!  Noory stated many times that he never takes a day off.  If he isn't there he is on "assignment."  ;)

Remember when Art started his stalker narrative and missed some shows?  Noory made a remark the day after Art supposedly dove to the ground to take cover from the gun shot.  He said, "some hosts stub their toe and take time off.  Not me!"  ::)

And I can actually envision Noory working at the cheesesteak place in my local mall.   ;D
In re-runs of "Friends", George used to resemble the hotel front desk clerk!

Jojo

He worked 6 days once and 5 days once each in Aug and Sept.  Not counting filming Beyond Belief and searching for ghost writers.  One of those weekends, he and Tom had an event too.

NevadaGuy2011

I think he works way too much.

Dateline

Quote from: NevadaGuy2011 on October 27, 2017, 10:02:08 PM

I think he works way too much.

He works hard at hardly working, and that takes talent.

ShayP

Jojo

Quote from: Parris001 on October 27, 2017, 05:51:48 PM
Does he actually have a log in?

Summary of Bellgab posts by the real George Noory:

The 8 pages of his chat so far is mostly from August of 2013 to December 2013, with a few posts up to 2015 so far. George started out by asking if he was welcome, and was met with a variety of responses, from positive to sarcastic to hostile. As time went on, some of the positive chatters became negative, and some of the negative chatters became more positive.  Many chatters remained neutrally pleasant.  And it went back and forth like that.  Suspense grew as George was put through a battery of impromptu dares, to prove his identity, which he did by:

1. Mentioning on air the words "Twilight Zone" for chatter SnapT,
2. Ephasizing the word "HORROR" for chatter SaucyRossy
3. Sending a blessing to SaucyRossy's cat, who was under the weather
4. Playing a digereedoo for forum management MV
5. Sending a shout out to chatter Roy Hinkley

As usual, chatters noted that George doesn't enunciate, punctuate, focus or spell any better in chats than other places.  This caused some small confusion at times, especially when George posted, "We are about to go to war", but he meant the U.S.A. and the Middle East, not Bellgab and him!  George did not always say the name of whom he was addressing, as in a brief post, "Where have you been!" to an unspecified participant.  Chatter Bateman complimented George's multi-tasking skills, while George hosted Coast while reading and responding to the chat.  Other chatters disdained George for chating during live radio hosting, but George said he was on breaks.

Chatters had objections, like why did George play the song "Midnight in the Desert" once.  George explained he had requested "Midnight in the Oasis" (Sing Your Camel to Sleep), but a staff member mixed them up.  People were upset about a few decisions Coast or George made, like supposedly stealing Art's guests.  People accused George of subtle gloating.  So, George gloated more, saying he deserved the position Art resigned from.  Then George later said, "Why did I wait ten years?  I was wrong." Which probably no one has any idea what he was talking about!  He said he liked to get online to check out private messages.

Chatters continued to praise as well as attack George for his style.  George responded to posts that tried to comment earnestly, even if they were critical.  Chatters who previously sent George private constructive criticism felt slighted by George's alleged strident private replies... but George said he responds in the same tone as the sender wrote. Some of them renewed communication with George, airing age-old complaints. He avoided profanity and obscenity entirely, himself. But was subject to it.  He asked chatters not to be vile, calling them things like "sick puppy". 

He chatted live during airtime to vent about a frustrating guest who had just used the radio-forbidden "F" word live on-air.  He expressed admiration for Art, who held his ground and stood up againt vile posters.  George said when posts are vile, he either takes the high road and ignores them, or follow's Art's example of dishing it right back out.

He used humor, like saying "I knew it!" when trolls jokingly admitted not having families or jobs.  He joked to MV about $25 for mentioning the forum on air, since MV has supposedly talked about that sort of thing.  Chatters told George not to take so much of the thread to heart.  George then shared that he knew to stay balanced, after health issues a few years prior which made him re-consider what is really important to him.  He acknowledged the 2013 holidays, wishing Art and everyone the best, except obscene, vile haters, for whom he wouldn't mind if birds flew over.  George's post tapered off at the end of 2013.

I don't see any posts from 2014, but there are posts from a few months in 2015 to discuss new changes for Art, Jimmy Church, and things regarding Sirius.  He encouraged Art for contact, and joked that Coast staff does not check back to Bellgab hourly, only maybe every other hour.

Okay well, to sum it up, George doesn't punctuate much and haters vented their spleens.  People were impressed that George himself participated in the forum, on a very detailed level.  Birds flew over haters that Christmas, and fans loved Coast.

If you appreciate this easy-to-read digest review, please make a donation to Bellgab in my name (Jojo) by using the button at the top to the left of the "Home" button.  Thank you!

Quote from: Jojo on October 27, 2017, 09:01:45 PM
He worked 6 days once and 5 days once each in Aug and Sept.  Not counting filming Beyond Belief and searching for ghost writers.  One of those weekends, he and Tom had an event too.
Every day with Perfect Tommy is an event.

Quote from: Jojo on October 28, 2017, 12:25:57 AM
Summary of Bellgab posts by the real George Noory:

... George explained he had requested "Midnight in the Oasis" (Sing Your Camel to Sleep)...

Hahaha, is that Noory's cover version?  I'm not sure he quite got the point of the song.

Jojo

Quote from: NevadaGuy2011 on July 21, 2016, 11:57:49 PM
.....(edited for brevity,)George must have naked photos of the boss.  I can't come up with any other explanation as to why he still hosts a national show.   

George....you truly do suck balls.
Yeah, hers!
Like, he recently spoke ill of ex-wives, and his live chat the next day was cancelled!  Due to "technical difficulty"...but not before she made him announce that she would be joining him in the chat!  J-U-I-C-Y!!