• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

MV/Liberace!

The following is a list of documented George Noory quotes. Known as "Nooryisms"... these non sequitur quips and half-witted, meandering ramblings serve only to exacerbate my feelings of disappointment over what has happened since Noory took over Coast to Coast AM. If you happen to know of others and you can document when they occurred, please post them in a reply to this topic.

"Could it be a portal?"

"I don't think there's any doubt."

"Let me tell you even I have learned some things here I didn't know about."
From Jul 19 2007. Following a round table discussion on trans-humanism.

"How 'bout a dramatic topic... trans-humanism... you know, when you just think of the word trans-humanism, you dudint think that it's that exciting but it really is!"
From July 19 2007. He really did say dudn't.

"If we all had our own solar system, we wouldn't have to worry about that."
From July 19, 2007. During a discussion on solar energy.

"Did you hear today they just found Saturn's 60th moon? I will give you one million dollars of the network's money, James, if you, in the next two minutes, can name all sixty."
From July 19, 2007.

George Noory: "Dr. Leir's website is www.alienscalpel.com. Ooh, that's scary sounding. Alien scalpel."

Dr. Roger Leir: "Well, you know me George, I don't try to scare people."

George Noory: "Yeah, with those fang teeth of yours?"
July 6, 2007.

"If you raised a baby and beat it and kicked it and yelled at it, it would turn out to be a mean baby?"
July 19, 2007.

"Jim, humanity has always been looking for ways to improve on our suffering and improve on disease, aging and involuntary death..."
July 19, 2007.

"You know, Ray, everytime I think of things in the future, I think of the Jetsons."
July 19, 2007.

"Well before too long we'll all be cyborgs won't we?"
July 19, 2007.

"I would guess your mind is part of who you are."
July 19, 2007.

"If you had a chance to go back to Skull and Bones right now, as a little fly on the ointment, so to speak, what would you be looking for?"

"Gosh!"

I've been fascinated by this my entire life.

Al-ja-reeza.

"Things are never as they seem.

I should write a book. I've always wanted to write a book. I should write a book about kids who see dead people.

"Wouldn't it be amazing if one day they discover a buried UFO and flipped a switch and on it goes?" (Another non-sequitur.)

I don't believe in coincidences.

There are no coincidences.

Coincidences don't exist.

Have I ever mentioned that I don't believe in coincidences?

OK, Canadian. Don't knock our administration.

I really do believe 2012 is coming. What do you think about that?

"Well, the group mind experiments I've done on the show have been rather tentative because I don't know what the heck I'm doing.

George: "It would be great if Saddam just left Iraq, don't you think?"

Hal: "Yes, but he's not going to do that. Like last time, he's going to put his citizens in harm's way, use them as human shields, and wreak destruction on the oil fields."

George: "That's kind of selfish, isn't it?"

"Yeah, March 3rd is a full moon. When our boys go in that'd be the best time, because they'll really need the light to see." (On the Iraq invasion.)

"I truly believe there are other solar systems out there. I really do."

That'll make you want to think.

"Just let it go. Don't worry about it. If you screw up, no one will ever know." (George talking to his board operator during a break when his mic was accidentally left open.)

A story is worth a thousand words.

Richard C. Hoagland: So he used the Star Wars theme the night before the God damn war started! Can I say that on here?

George Noory: No.

Richard C. Hoagland: Oh. OK.

"That's got to be the worst luck I've ever heard of... in a very long time."

I was jumping over chairs and knocking them over with my back feet."

"Yeah. Pretty scary. But has anyone considered the people that live underground? (Referring to the Sounds From Hell clip.)

"Lex has done it again. I don't know how Lex does it." (Referring to listener-submitted photos on the website.)

"Oh, yeah."
Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.
Sure.
That's right.
Uh huh.
Gee.
Ha ha. That?s true.
Yeah.
I was just going to say...
Sure, yeah.
Gosh, he comes up with some great stuff.
(Noory's interactions with Michio Kaku in April of 2003.)

"He's dedicated to finding the 'Theory of Almost Everything.'"
(Referring to Michio Kaku.)

"Did he have.....Lamb Legs?"
(Referring to a half-man, half-animal thing a caller said was chasing her.)

"You know, you sound exactly like Don Johnson."
(Immediately following a lengthy monologue by guest Zeph Daniel.)

Are they called sand scripts because they were written on tablets of sand?
(To Michael Cremo, referring to the Sanskrit language.)

Chucacabra.

"Do you think asteroids have a brain and know which side of the planet to crash into?"

"You'll know how advanced they are by the amount of graffiti in the tunnels.
(Referring to Mars.)

Wagering war...

"I've got to ask you something, and this is going to be a very profound question. I want you to think for a moment, if you haven't already, and... oh, I guess you probably already have...

Can you add hydrogen to, say, gasoline... or does that defeat the purpose?"

"I want to go back to the dark ages and find out what the reason was. I think it was an asteroid or a meteor."

"Elderly Thomas Edison was elderly."
March 28, 2007.

"Bigfoot may well be an extraterrestrial, because... remember Chewbacca?"

"We're not talking about dead people. We're talking about the aliens... of their ghosts!"

"Well, with prophecy you got to see what happens."

"You do something annual every year, don't you?"

"What I do is create an aura of mystery."

"Sometimes I wish the aliens would abduct me and crown me as their leader."

"Who or what was the Great Pyramid?"

Spikegirl

There are so many gems that go undocumented each night, but the last WTF? moment I had was when George said:
"It's almost as if we have a third eye. In the back of our head." George Noory to open lines caller on 3/21/08

This was in response to a caller who said he was walking down a road and had a feeling he should turn around. Not only was the remark typical Noory funny, but once again illustrates Noory's lack of understanding of something discussed in paranormal circles. A third eye is not an "extra" eye to see out of, it has to do with Chakras, meditation and spirituality.

Zaqir

Hey Folks.

I have been posting my thoughts on George on Mr Vandeven's other site for awhile now but the fact is this: George Noory is terrible.

This show takes a special type of person with qualities to keep you entertained and tuned in. Yes we know alot of the stuff covered is 90% fake but Art had the ability to make it entertaining and fun to think "What if this was real"

George lacks that talent in spades. He is not sincere, he has no passion for this and frankly it comes through each and every time he open's his untalented mouth. The guy is simply a voice but there is nothing behind it.

He cannot conduct an interview, he cannot have any sort of meaningful dialogue with callers. He is out of his league unless he has something to read and he normally just goes through an interview reading out questions in any order without regard to any comment made by the guests.

Art is the one who brought up the show to 500 affiliates, C2C dropped alot of them since George took over but has been force feeding it back to folks since then.

Art's show used to have some form of connection and built upon each other to weave a tale that was fun and sometimes scary. George? He just wastes away the hours to earn himself a pay check.

Ipokesmot

LOL Hilarious!!!!!!!!

This isn't an exact quote but:

"Someone showed me how to copy and paste in the computer, because I kept typing the same thing over and over again".

Charles

Quote from: Zaqir on April 06, 2008, 10:19:31 PMGeorge? He just wastes away the hours to earn himself a pay check.

Exactly ... and George seems to have a fear of OPEN LINES ... wonder why that is.

conllo

Ive listened to art bel for over 13 years, as far George Noory is concerned, I quess one could say the proff is in the pudding HE DOES SUCK!!!.
I have given him the benefit of doubt but I could'nt take two years, for me it was more like 2 or 3 shows as it just got worse.

I for one was upset that the show ended, but in all honestly when I came accross The UFOSHIP.com, and saw that I could still here the show
that voice, I concluded that I disliked George Noory so much that I would rather Listen to replays of the Arts show over and over any day of the week.

You know Art always sad that he really disliked being refered to a legend and or why people who listened to him thought of him that way!!
Well Art like my self, I istened to voice or subject that I found very very interesting, and it was very entertaining, but it really became more than that,
because we listened for so long, that voice became like that of a comforting friend, and even when we didnt agrea it a really rare connection when you
that most people have long since lost trust in there world around, it rare to find some one you feel that you can trust and actually there company.

George Noory would really see high ratings to Coast TO Coast again with a very simple change to the show GET OFF!!! Bring back Art Bel or atleast
re-air the show you smuck because nothing can be more true than the URL for this site GEORGE NOORY SUCK.COM

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Ipokesmot on April 06, 2008, 10:56:36 PM
...because I kept typing the same thing over and over again".

holy shit this message board is making me laugh a lot.  it's been a worthy investment of time.

Spikegirl

Quote from: Charles on April 06, 2008, 11:04:06 PM
Quote from: Zaqir on April 06, 2008, 10:19:31 PMGeorge? He just wastes away the hours to earn himself a pay check.

Exactly ... and George seems to have a fear of OPEN LINES ... wonder why that is.

I heard from someone who called in that her call was screened 3 times, just to make sure of what she was going to ask George. He has to be spoon fed everything and have his hand held. Enough. Bring in someone like Art who can handle cold calls, who is not intimidated by anyone not there to kiss his ass.

Charles

You ever notice that on a Friday night George usually wastes most of the show with guests? I don't know ... I always look forward to open lines ... and its like one day a week where I can unwind and listen to other people call in with their tales or information on subjects. Whether they are complete idiots or very intelligent ... its makes for great entertainment.

George seems to want to stray from the open lines ... now that I hear of callers being screened multiple times ... it all makes sense. George is not a spontaneous person and indeed does need to be scripted or spoon fed his material.

What's that sucking sound?  I thought to myself as I tuned in to an obscure AM station.  Is it static?  I adjusted the dial.  Definitely coming from a specific location on the dial.  Some kind of rotating magnetic drums used in the Philadelphia Experiment perhaps? I lay my head on the pillow, wondering what was going on.  Everything had changed.  Everything was about to suck.

The above is a Personal Flashback, shared by many.  It's on the edge of becoming an archetype in our shared collective consciousness.

What a horrible thing in which to participate.

Zaqir

There is no part of his show that even comes close to being near as good as Art.

Art on his worst day just had a way of making you want to listen to the next show. He would bring together so many topics and he would find a way to make it exciting.
George is unable to do ANYHTING.. His so called "Round Tables" are attempts to get alot of guests together so he doesn't have to do a show or allow him to ask the same question 5 times etc.

Can George ever be as good as Art? NO!

Can George improve? Yes and the simple way he could improve is if he simply TOOK PART during his interviews, if he listened and made an attempt to be involved in a conversation rather then just read questions prepared for him.

The problem with that is, George is not capable of quick thinking, of doing an interview on the fly. He is lost in a sea of his own minimal talent.

EvB

Okay - so maybe he DOES exactly suck!  ;D  I'm not up for defending him - I just wrote what came to mind when I got MV announcement about this site (THANKS Michael, BTW)

By the time I got into C2C - Noory was already the main host.  I didn't think of the show in terms of the host.  I was there for the topics.  Then, I listened to Ian - and while I think he has his particular niches (bible related, cryptozoology, and unsolved crimes come to mind) when he's on he's on - engaged - and I believe genuine.  There is something about Knapp that grates on my nerves - but I've only heard him twice.

Over the past few months I've gotten to listen to some real vintage Bell.  If that's you're standard - then hell YES Noory sucks. 

But tell me (and this is a sincere question - not a challenge) why does he seem to be doing so well?  Why has he got a golden contract and a TV show? I mean, really - what the hell is up with that?

Kate

LOL Hilarious!!!!!!!!

"Someone showed me how to copy and paste in the computer, because I kept typing the same thing over and over again".

LOL! I remember that. 
Keeping that in mind, last month George said "I developed some computer software", something about harness racing.  Seems pretty suspicious to me.   LOL

ArtBellFan

Quote from: Kate on April 07, 2008, 10:08:37 PM
LOL Hilarious!!!!!!!!

LOL! I remember that. 
Keeping that in mind, last month George said "I developed some computer software", something about harness racing.  Seems pretty suspicious to me.   LOL

And this is a guy who didn't know how to copy and paste.......bet he doesn't know about Ctrl Alt Delete, wonder who turns his PC on and off for him.  I know one thing for sure, he knows how to use email, read a threatening email posted on another forum, hehe, oh wait a minute maybe someone wrote it for him.

George exactly sucks for many reasons.  I'm sick and tired of his compulsions.  For example, he feels like he has to keep bringing up Rupert Sheldrake being stabbed/cut by an Asian man attending the lecture.

I found a picture of Rupert Sheldrake on boingboing.net.  The man looks incredibly like "Benjamin Linus" of LOST.

Perhaps the Asian stabber just wanted to get off the island, George!

Let it go!  >:(

The article on the Sheldrake stabbing & his picture:

http://www.boingboing.net/2008/04/03/rupert-shedrake-stab.html

MV/Liberace!

i know which email you're referring to, as the link has been sent to me no less than 5 times in the last 2 days.  all i could do after having read it was shake my head and say to myself, "what a small, small man."  and the moderator/admin on that site is a complete pussy for telling people to "clean it up" after that message.  that place is no forum i'd ever be happy to hang out in, and it's why after all these years i never bothered to sign up.  too restrictive.  oh well.  i don't want to take this thing off topic.  back to the quotes...

Two minor faux pas, but highly illustrative of Noory's thought processes, or lack of same.  Both triggered a "Hunh?  Say whaa....?" moment for me. 

1.)  In the introductory segment of the show George stated that "Coast to Coast AM is the world's largest radio program of it's kind in this country".   

2.)  A call-in was relating a sob story, the gist of which I don't remember;  at the end of the story however, George, in his smarmiest of tones, commented "Well, that's what usually happens sometimes".   

Max

Quote from: admin on April 08, 2008, 05:58:03 PM
i know which email you're referring to, as the link has been sent to me no less than 5 times in the last 2 days.  all i could do after having read it was shake my head and say to myself, "what a small, small man."  and the moderator/admin on that site is a complete pussy for telling people to "clean it up" after that message.  that place is no forum i'd ever be happy to hang out in, and it's why after all these years i never bothered to sign up.  too restrictive.  oh well.  i don't want to take this thing off topic.  back to the quotes...

I on the contrary told george to stuff it... under my handle I used there..

if he wants to sue me... mahaha

I will take the US Constitution and slap it in the face. then after that I would a couple dozen case judgements that would apply.

then I would pull the classic american thing... and counter sue for emotional distress and mental anguish... and lawyers fees :p

and the only reason I hang there is because unfortunately art does not have his .com up and running... as his own way of communicating...

Selenolycus

I would like to see some context on some of these quotes, just because, you know, I really can interpret a large number of them in a few different ways.

George is too "enlightened" for lowly context... otherwise I am sure we would be happy to provide some.
Someone let me know when the next free weekend is, I will be there with a pen and pad. But no way would I pay one thin dime to listen to him, EVER again.

Is he just trying to communicate to the overly flouridated prozak nation? Trying to be one of the good old boys? I don't get it, but it was seriously giving me the creeps.

Harddaze sums it up really:

"Two minor faux pas, but highly illustrative of Noory's thought processes, or lack of same.  Both triggered a "Hunh?  Say whaa....?" moment for me. 
1.)  In the introductory segment of the show George stated that "Coast to Coast AM is the world's largest radio program of it's kind in this country".   

2.)  A call-in was relating a sob story, the gist of which I don't remember;  at the end of the story however, George, in his smarmiest of tones, commented "Well, that's what usually happens sometimes"

I don't know why we are surprised.  With George openly conveying how impressed he is by the Oreck Vacuum cleaner story - could we honestly expect anything less than his ability to suck - virtually at all times?

If Oreck wants to make a monumental breakthrough, I propose they haul George off to their lab for a little R&D.

We might even see George on an Oreck infomercial someday ...

"You know....  When Oreck wanted to substantially improve their product, they came to the master (1) HA (2) HA (3) HA (4) HA!  Me!   No seriously, I like to think I helped."

MV/Liberace!

George is the king of the non sequitur.  the following is a profound example.  i found this on a blog by some guy who was apparently a guest on C2C with george and was kicked off.  read the guest's account of the moment he knew things were going south:

I went back to that craft and said that wasn't a dream. We were driving. Saw it with my mom. Wide awake. Like Tyson, he knocked me out with this exchange (and it's not an exact quote; I don't have a transcript. If someone does, give it to me. I'd love to act it out on Paracast with Dave Biedny)....

George: "But you don't know what it was you saw."

Jeremy: "No. It was a UFO. It was unidentified. I can't say what it was but I can say what it wasn't: It wasn't a plane, a helicopter, a blimp--so you tell me what it was."

George: "Could it have been an angel?"

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt! The show came to a screeching halt.

Jeremy: "A what? What do you mean? I just described a round craft, porthole windows...How would that be an angel?"

George: "You seem sure it was aliens. What if it was angelic beings?"

Jeremy: "Angelic beings? That need a ship to fly around in?"

I seriously thought he was joking. He wasn't. I'm laughing now, thinking about it. I'm picturing a clueless Will Ferrell lost in conversation asking me that.

this man is quite likely the most unqualified interviewer in the history of broadcasting.
view the guest's full blog entry here:  http://blog.valiens.com/2007/06/15/i-was-kicked-off-coast.aspx

techster

Can't we just sum it all up by saying that George isn't very bright?  That's what it is, isn't it?  He's supposed to be Art's replacement, but he isn't equipped for it.  He just doesn't have the brainpower.

moop

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on April 07, 2008, 08:29:14 PM
What's that sucking sound?  I thought to myself as I tuned in to an obscure AM station.  Is it static?  I adjusted the dial.  Definitely coming from a specific location on the dial.  Some kind or rotating magnetic drums used in the Philadelphia Experiment perhaps? I lay my head on the pillow, wondering what was going on.  Everything had changed.  Everything was about to suck.

The above is a Personal Flashback, shared by many.  It's on the edge of becoming an archetype in our shared collective consciousness.

What a horrible thing in which to participate.

I couldn't agree more! It's absolutely a terrible thing to participate in! I've been listening to Art from the beginning and even though I've never met or even talked to him, I feel like he's a friend.

Goerge Noory is a complete idiot and has dumbed down the show to the point that it's hard to believe it's so popular. Who's listening to this drivel? He doesn't listen to what anyone says and regularly hangs up on callers and lies about it. He's caught up in thinking he's some kind of Hollywood star and he just eats it up when a caller tells him how great he is. Are those calls planted or what? I remember when he talked about going to a conference in Roswell, NM and said he wanted to see the crash site but his limo driver got lost. Do you think Art would've been cruising in a limo in Roswell? I hate how GN soaks up the kudos and pats himself on the back for a show that he's had nothing to do with and from all appearances isn't even interested in. He's a loser.

Quote from: moop on April 13, 2008, 09:58:46 PM

Goerge Noory is a complete idiot and has dumbed down the show to the point that it's hard to believe it's so popular. Who's listening to this drivel? He doesn't listen to what anyone says and regularly hangs up on callers and lies about it. He's caught up in thinking he's some kind of Hollywood star and he just eats it up when a caller tells him how great he is. Are those calls planted or what? I remember when he talked about going to a conference in Roswell, NM and said he wanted to see the crash site but his limo driver got lost. Do you think Art would've been cruising in a limo in Roswell? I hate how GN soaks up the kudos and pats himself on the back for a show that he's had nothing to do with and from all appearances isn't even interested in. He's a loser.

It's difficult to soak up the area color from a limo, that's for sure!

It is especially irritating when George hangs up on a caller who is still involved in a conversation with the guest and the guest is attempting to answer or is attempting to ask a question of said caller.  Then George says... "They're gone"... "They hung up."  Obviously, it is as you stated, that he terminates the call and is not truthful about it - and we are introduced to an awkward moment of radio silence as the guest thinks the caller remains online.  It's ridiculous.  As far as all the praise he receives from so MANY callers, C2C must have a rigorous screening process!

In contrast, George will allow the strangest call-ins to go on for much too long, to the point if you happened to tune in at that moment, you would think they were a guest.

It remains a mystery to me.  Thousands of hard working individuals are terminated each year from their jobs for minor mistakes, yet George has been "making mistakes" for many years now. 

Does Premier Radio perform job reviews or just hit the RESET button on the  contracts?  ;)

lnrrgb

Well here I go, about to ruffle feathers. You have been warned:) I, like everyone drawn to this site, and posting in this thread, have had to deal with the troubling tone/direction/inadequacy of C2C since GN took over the reigns. I have spent far too many nights literally screaming to the universe in anger/despair at the ineptitude of the show....all in comparison to the gift we had ....before GN took over the helm. All said though, the bottom line is, (and this is what is not openly investigated by the show these days, hence the problems we collectively have with the show) there is something deeper going on in this universe we are experiencing.... and the key word in all of this is "openly". I think GN does tap into this.... but DAMN!! You really have to have some powers of perception to key into it.

Sometime back, I could have written every post in this thread, and part of me still wallows there, but GN has put me in my place more than once now. I'd almost say that GN will lead you down the path of hatred for him, just so he can sit you on his knee, while you are shaking in bitter anger, and then gently explain just what "all the world's a stage" truly means.

I really feel that the core jewel that C2C openly displayed for many years, has just been hidden away from those who would destroy it, under a cloak in the disguise of a bumbling idiot.... and in truth, it is still there for all to see, hidden in plain site. GN is using the illuminti's own game plan, and doing it so well, he does not even recognize it himself..... but I'd bet someone at Premiere does, hence why GN was chosen.

Friday nights are still a bit hard to stomache sometimes... but I generally find a moment that I am glad I did not miss. I kinda miss screaming at George through the "wireless internet":)

and please, let's not stone the messenger....I've obviously been stoned one too many times...right?:)

Halo, Hell-Low, Inrggb!

Interesting post to place in this area of the board.  Seems more apropos to the Noory Doesn't Exactly Suck section.

Far be it from me to dissuade another from their perspective regarding Mr. Noory, however it's necessary I go on record here:

I denounce and rebuke any notion George Noory has his finger (or any appendage) on the pulse of some larger zoetrope careening toward oblivion. 

It takes more than a fool to play a Fool, or to be precise, it takes more than an ass to embody a truly enlightened Trickster striding casually yet confidently toward the center of the universe as he blasphemes all that is Holy. (I utilize the vulgar term "ass" here, not the "Baphometic" Ass.)

To wit:

To wax Jungian, George is no Fool card of the tarot, but certainly without question, is a card carrying fool.

If, as you say, you could have written everything on this board (doubtful) then you certainly will experience no difficulty combining the Above with the Below:

If you wish to metaphorically hang Noory on a masochistic cross, be my guest ? but when ~I~ hammer the nails in, the tree/cross goes to the tomb with the body - no reverse deposition pose for the husk of a "host" whose blood is, shall we say, ~less than stellar ~.  (I amuse myself here.)

It has been said, being a Savior is easy, dying as one - even easier. 

Living is the difficult portion.

Leading  ... even more so.

I must break the news: George is not the Hero, Golden Child, or even a "Geronimo the Baptist."

(He is an annoying entity, fucking with my quest for late night entertainment via the airwaves.)

I'm sure you didn't intend to denigrate - from your enlightened position of having "wallowed there, done that" pedestal  -  those you consider less fortunate who are navigating along a non-realized path  - a path somewhat preconceived on your part?  I didn't think so. 

You just came across that way.   I understand?

Because if that had been your intent, it would have canceled out any hoped for alchemical transcendence you seem to be ~laying snake to~,  Yes?  -  the cancellation leaving the (c)remains of  a mere marionette, spinning herky-jerky in that Bavarian breeze you so readily invoked ? anthropomorphic ash a prisoner of quicksilver strings?

I t(h)rust this proffered gestalt is crystalline, oh Scribe.

P.S.  While not a member of the Illuminati, I do have a decoder ring here somewhere.  My fiery salamander keeps running off with the son of a bitch. 

By the way, how are your own feathers doing these ~daze~?  ;)

Spikegirl

Forget questions about angels, now George wants to know, "How do we know they weren't robots?"-4/9/08 show in response to a guest describing an abduction and saying there was something strange about the greys who examined him.

Charles

They should put this in front of George everynight before the show begins ... with a big red flashing bulb above it ... just as a reminder.