• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Adding WiFi Phone App to Tablet

Started by Uncle Duke, March 14, 2018, 01:29:50 PM

Uncle Duke

Any recommendations on a free WiFi phone app for my tablet?  I'm looking for a backup number since cell coverage is very poor at my daughter's new, out-in-the-middle-of-nowhere home. There are dozens of them at Play Store, but the handful I've downloaded (and quickly deleted) turn out to not be free as advertised.  Best so far looks to be one called "TextNow".   Suggestions?

GravitySucks

Quote from: Uncle Duke on March 14, 2018, 01:29:50 PM
Any recommendations on a free WiFi phone app for my tablet?  I'm looking for a backup number since cell coverage is very poor at my daughter's new, out-in-the-middle-of-nowhere home. There are dozens of them at Play Store, but the handful I've downloaded (and quickly deleted) turn out to not be free as advertised.  Best so far looks to be one called "TextNow".   Suggestions?

TextNow (ios version) worked fine for me on my ipad, but it has been awhile since I had to use it.

WOTR

I have fongo on one of my phones.  Can't text, and can't call the US.  But local calls work, and it is great for finding the damn thing if I misplace it.

I also got rid of the house phone alltogether and went with a company where my number is now very cheap (I think it amounts to $3 per month.)  Completely worth it...