• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random News Items (non political)

Started by ksm32, May 08, 2016, 09:59:42 PM

aldousburbank

From the local police report:

8:46 a.m. â€" A caller from the 400 block of Brighton Street reported a man who appeared altered, who stated he had died of an overdose and was now trapped in a female body.

7:19 p.m. â€" A woman reported she hadn’t eaten in days and wanted law enforcement to buy her a sandwich. At 12:02 a.m. Tuesday, the woman said she needed help, she hadn’t eaten in three days, and that she hates pizza. She could not be located.

6:09 a.m. â€" Multiple callers from Highway 49 at the South Yuba River reported a naked woman standing on the side of the road. She could not be located.

11:44 p.m. â€" A caller from the 300 block of Maryland Drive reported Cal Fire needed assistance with a man who was having difficulty breathing after eating pot brownies, which caused the person to “completely lose his ‘expletive.’” Two people were freaking out.

Brody

A MAN WITH AN AXE TRIED TO BREAK INTO THE MAUSOLEUM AND "WAKE UP" VLADIMIR LENIN

In Moscow near the Red Square an armed 54-year-old man visitor from the Rostov region, was arrested.

The capital's police prevented another attack on the leader of world proletariat.

Law enforcement officers noticed a suspicious man near the mausoleum, who carried an axe. After the detention of 54-year-old suspect interesting details were discovered.

It turned out that a resident of the Rostov region, arrived in the capital with the intention to "deal" with Vladimir Lenin. He told officers he was going to "close" the mausoleum and "wake up" the dead. The incident occurred on the eve of June 13.

Currently the man is in a psychiatric hospital.

This  April, the American popular show participants announced their intention to steal, Vladimir Lenin from the mausoleum and make a film about it.

Robert

Quote from: Brody on June 18, 2016, 07:40:53 AMA MAN WITH AN AXE TRIED TO BREAK INTO THE MAUSOLEUM AND "WAKE UP" VLADIMIR LENIN

In Moscow near the Red Square an armed 54-year-old man visitor from the Rostov region, was arrested.

The capital's police prevented another attack on the leader of world proletariat.

Law enforcement officers noticed a suspicious man near the mausoleum, who carried an axe. After the detention of 54-year-old suspect interesting details were discovered.

It turned out that a resident of the Rostov region, arrived in the capital with the intention to "deal" with Vladimir Lenin. He told officers he was going to "close" the mausoleum and "wake up" the dead. The incident occurred on the eve of June 13.
I've got a score to settle with you, Ulyanov, and you're not getting out of it by being embalmed.

Like my avatar?  Turns out the same pose of Wolfie I entered in WFMU's mascot contest is perfect for here, where it looks like he's laughing at my great posts.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Brody on June 18, 2016, 07:40:53 AM
A MAN WITH AN AXE TRIED TO BREAK INTO THE MAUSOLEUM AND "WAKE UP" VLADIMIR LENIN

Law enforcement officers noticed a suspicious man near the mausoleum, who carried an axe. After the detention of 54-year-old suspect interesting details were discovered.

Currently the man is in a psychiatric hospital.

This  April, the American popular show participants announced their intention to steal, Vladimir Lenin from the mausoleum and make a film about it.

Back in the early 90s, I was in Moscow on official business, meeting with both Russian industry and government types.  The Russians made sure each day there was some form of sightseeing/cultural event on our itinerary, but by the end of the first week my US colleagues and I were surprised we had not been taken to Lenin's Tomb.  I eventually asked, through a translator, our Russian "minder" why we had not visited the Tomb.  After a lengthy exchange between them, the translator informed us the Tomb was not open at the time because of
"scheduled maintenance".  At first we thought he meant maintenance on the Tomb, but further discussion revealed this was periodic refurbishment of the corpse itself.  After yet another lengthy exchange in Russian between our translator and our minder, the translator paused for several seconds as if searching for the right words, then said Lenin was "having his oil changed"!

Brody

MILWAUKEE (AP) â€" Milwaukee police say a customer upset with his order at a Taco Bell shot into the restaurant’s drive-thru window.

Taco Bell management says that after leaving with his order, the man was upset to discover the employees forgot to add sour cream. He called the restaurant and the manager told him to come back the next day for a free meal because they were closed.

Authorities say the man returned a short time later, about 12:20 a.m. Monday, and shot at the bullet-proof window and an employee’s car. No one was hurt. Police are looking for the man.

http://wbay.com/2016/06/28/angry-taco-bell-customer-shoots-at-drive-thru-in-milwaukee/

Hautex

Been wondering when this was going to be investigated further. It currently is affecting many folks in various ways. http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2016/06/maverick-scientist-thinks-he-has-discovered-magnetic-sixth-sense-humans

starrmtn001

Quote from: HAUnted TEXan on June 29, 2016, 01:05:54 PM
Been wondering when this was going to be investigated further. It currently is affecting many folks in various ways. http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2016/06/maverick-scientist-thinks-he-has-discovered-magnetic-sixth-sense-humans
He's, just now, finding this out??!!?? :o  Good God, man, get with the program! ::)  ;D  ;)

Hautex

Quote from: starrmtn001 on July 01, 2016, 03:21:58 PM
He's, just now, finding this out??!!?? :o  Good God, man, get with the program! ::)  ;D  ;)
+1

aldousburbank

Quote from: starrmtn001 on July 01, 2016, 03:21:58 PM

If it wasn't for my sixth sense I wouldn't know shit.

Hautex

Quote from: aldousburbank on July 01, 2016, 08:37:38 PM
If it wasn't for my sixth sense I wouldn't know shit.
They say we lose 4 out of our 5 senses when our head is up our ass, so I am impressed I can type this post...

aldousburbank

How vegetarians, gluten-frees, grain-frees and other L.A. food tribes ruined my BBQ tradition

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-rauzi-la-bbq-food-tribes-20160701-snap-story.html

Quote from: aldousburbank on July 03, 2016, 08:38:39 AM
How vegetarians, gluten-frees, grain-frees and other L.A. food tribes ruined my BBQ tradition

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-rauzi-la-bbq-food-tribes-20160701-snap-story.html

The key sentence in this is probably:  ''My wife, some years before we met, stopped eating beef.''

What sort of people did he think her friends would be, and what did he then expect when throwing a bbq?

Also good:  ''My wife gave me a look that said “What in the world is wrong with you?” She then added aloud, “There is nothing here for her to eat.” ''

Who goes to a bbq, not eating bbq foods, not bringing their own, and wonders why nothing is to their specifications?  I really hope this would only happen in LA

akwilly

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 03, 2016, 11:38:31 AM
The key sentence in this is probably:  ''My wife, some years before we met, stopped eating beef.''

What sort of people did he think her friends would be, and what did he then expect when throwing a bbq?

Also good:  ''My wife gave me a look that said “What in the world is wrong with you?” She then added aloud, “There is nothing here for her to eat.” ''

Who goes to a bbq, not eating bbq foods, not bringing their own, and wonders why nothing is to their specifications?  I really hope this would only happen in LA
I hate the people that bring salads to a bbq. Not potato salad and such but the kind that requires salad dressing

aldousburbank

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 03, 2016, 11:38:31 AM

And no doubt quit giving head right after.

Robert

Quote from: aldousburbank on July 03, 2016, 08:38:39 AMHow vegetarians, gluten-frees, grain-frees and other L.A. food tribes ruined my BBQ tradition

I used to host a picnic on July 4.  And yeah, there'd always be people who couldn't eat this or that, and the sets are disjoint.  Actually not too bad a problem except that I tended to make mixtures of all sorts, where every ingredient I added might be the one that prevents someone from eating it.  And then there was the year we ran out of beer and had to make a run, which I don't like doing on the holiday itself (but had the good side effect of familiarizing me w Gun Hill Beer & Soda Dist.), and then for the next several we had such a great excess of beer because the people who came weren't beer drinkers like the ones who'd been coming before.

But much of the problem was my own tastes.  I don't drink coffee, and I kept forgetting how common it was for others to do so.  (My parents normally drank instant coffee, making coffee from ground coffee only for company, and often not even then.)  Finally one of my friends got me a coffee maker as a present.  And then I found a place with exotic ice cream flavors, so that was all I stocked, leading one friend to say with his arms out wide, "Vanilla?  Chocolate?  Ever hear of those?"  And they found it funny that my salt, pepper, and sometimes other condiments were packets saved from takeout food; I hardly ever salted my food.

Fortunately most friends with unusual requirements were "bring your own tofu" as the article said.  I had mustard, but my friend John brought Grey Poupon.

Britain’s only open-air swingers festival

Oh man. I see a lot of old fat perverts getting off.  No thanks.  Once upon a time, I thought swinging might be cool but then I read stories like this.  :-[ ::)

https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/1384929/if-you-thought-glastonbury-festival-was-filthy-get-a-load-of-swingfields-britains-only-open-air-swingers-festival/

aldousburbank

We're all living on like a giant lava lamp, man!

Massive 'Lava Lamp' Blobs Deep Inside Earth Have Scientists Puzzled

http://www.livescience.com/55285-mysterious-blobs-in-earths-mantle.html?google_editors_picks=true

Woman decapitated during sex by passing train

A woman has died after a passing train decapitated her while having sex on a railway line.
The woman, who was on top, is believed to have looked up after hearing the train approaching.
She was killed in Ulan-Ude, Siberia, when the accident happened.

According to Russian news agency Pravda the woman and her partner were both homeless and were drunk at the time of the accident.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2016/07/14/woman-decapitated-during-sex-by-passing-train-6006368/#ixzz4EPwzz2rp

Quote from: 21st Century Man on July 14, 2016, 02:38:56 PM
Woman decapitated during sex by passing train

A woman has died after a passing train decapitated her while having sex on a railway line.
The woman, who was on top, is believed to have looked up after hearing the train approaching.
She was killed in Ulan-Ude, Siberia, when the accident happened.

According to Russian news agency Pravda the woman and her partner were both homeless and were drunk at the time of the accident.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2016/07/14/woman-decapitated-during-sex-by-passing-train-6006368/#ixzz4EPwzz2rp

That's absolutely bizarre.  Maybe the vibrations of the train and the relative danger are a draw?  Or maybe just the booze.  Reminds me of this shit:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxmefBMepUo

If I were that girl, I'd be haunted for the rest of my life, by that.  I've only had one miss that near, and I still can't think about it too much, or it gets in my head.

I_Speculate

Quote from: aldousburbank on July 05, 2016, 08:46:58 AM
We're all living on like a giant lava lamp, man!

Massive 'Lava Lamp' Blobs Deep Inside Earth Have Scientists Puzzled

http://www.livescience.com/55285-mysterious-blobs-in-earths-mantle.html?google_editors_picks=true

Cause for concern?

"If an especially large "superplume" of magma from one of these blobs were to make it to the surface, it would result in "massive eruptions where the lava will come out for millions of years at a time," Garnero said. There isn't much cause for alarm, though. "The next one could be on its way," he said, "but it could be a million years away.""

but it could be tomorrow as well....

I wonder if anything happening along the San Andreas fault would have enough energy to have any impact on the stored magma.

I also wonder if it is suddenly released what the impact would be above the Ocean floor. This would be epic in scale and dwarf any catastrophic events that have happened in recorded history I think. Unless it just cools as it is released forming a new land mass. It would then totally re shape the Ocean as we know it and the whole west coast would be under more water than if the big one alone hit.

Quote from: JesusJuice on July 14, 2016, 03:17:01 PM
South Carolina woman urinated worms for three months. How quirky is that?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3662079/Woman-peed-WORMS-3-months-infestation-fly-larvae-bladder.html

fdashs;djk;sjdsk;adl;ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

^ passed out on keyboard