• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Hurricane Harvey

Started by albrecht, August 24, 2017, 11:59:10 AM

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 26, 2017, 11:40:11 AM
I have a friend living in Austin. His house is on higher ground but said they are still expecting possible flooding later. His g/f's brother is in Houston and isn't fairing so well. 

Has AJ said if it's a false flag yet? And how the globalists have engineered the hurricane to take out infowars? Still, he can sell survival packs..win win.
Not yet. He probably is hoping the properties he had to give to his ex-wife in the divorce gets flooded out.

It isn't bad here in Austin at all. At least yet, not even raining now. Most places in Houston are ok, at least from the folks/areas I've heard from (Miss City, Memorial area, The Woodlands). For now.  Two people I know live a few miles from "ground zero" (ranch near Port O'Connor) on coast of bay and didn't leave. Survived with minor damage to some of the houses but all good. So hoping no flooding, which is still a risk, the Weather Reporters seem disappointed that storm didn't do more damage and no loss of life (so far as I've heard.)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on August 26, 2017, 11:47:43 AM
Not yet. He probably is hoping the properties he had to give to his ex-wife in the divorce gets flooded out.

It isn't bad here in Austin at all. At least yet, not even raining now. Most places in Houston are ok, at least from the folks/areas I've heard from (Miss City, Memorial area, The Woodlands). For now.  Two people I know live a few miles from "ground zero" (ranch near Port O'Connor) on coast of bay and didn't leave. Survived with minor damage to some of the houses but all good. So hoping no flooding, which is still a risk, the Weather Reporters seem disappointed that storm didn't do more damage and no loss of life (so far as I've heard.)

It has only just begun though hasn't it? Its expected to dump a hell of a lot of water over the next four or so days, with no fronts to drive it away. The river in Victoria is expected to be 32 feet above normal levels. There was a similar storm (but certainly not near as much rain as now hitting TX) over the Coln valley in West Yorkshire a couple of years ago..The storm just sat there for days and caused terrible damage..It washed a stone built hotel away, that had been built on a stone bridge..Been there for hundred years or so, and was gone in a couple of days. Can't beat nature.  :-\

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 26, 2017, 11:54:38 AM

It has only just begun though hasn't it? Its expected to dump a hell of a lot of water over the next four or so days, with no fronts to drive it away. The river in Victoria is expected to be 32 feet above normal levels. There was a similar storm (but certainly not near as much rain as now hitting TX) over the Coln valley in West Yorkshire a couple of years ago..The storm just sat there for days and caused terrible damage..It washed a stone built hotel away, that had been built on a stone bridge..Been there for hundred years or so, and was gone in a couple of days. Can't beat nature.  :-\
Agreed. Nature is very powerful. Imagine the energy needed to dump so much water. The potential flooding is the issue now I think. Years ago a relative had a nicely stocked tank near the Guadalupe R outside Victoria. We used to catch fish like it was going out of style. River rose banks and flooded it out. After water receded full of trash fish and gars and gators. "Not good." Houston (and areas around) recently got some serious rains and floods. Folks I know weren't flooded but low areas and the streets were. And in some neighborhoods real bad. Here, SA, etc water can't be absorbed so the issue, mainly, are flash floods and the rivers/creeks but you, pretty much, know the danger areas because it happens all the time. But there are times where people are caught in it unaware because water (like wildfires) can move FAST or, as more usual, people think they can drive across a low-water crossing or flooded road. "Turn Around, Don't Drown" is everywhere on the news but people still do it.

Quote from: albrecht on August 26, 2017, 11:47:43 AM

Rockport isn't that populated. I hear the high school there is trashed. I wonder how Port A is? I know Corpus is mostly intact including "the Island". My contacts in Corpus say looting is occurring which should surprise no one. One looter took a bullet to the head. Corpus residents told they can return.

starrmtn001

This video has the clip of the fellow (Jeff) at the gas station recording the power pole flashes.  He's not that far from the gas pumps.  Fortunately, nothing bad happened at the gas station.

Hurricane Harvey Landfall Stormchaser Compilation (August 26, 2017).

https://youtu.be/or_xsbUsINo

Up All Night

You can watch coverage of Corpus Christi by way of KRIS TV streaming online, or on their Roku channel.

http://www.kristv.com/category/292861/live-stream

KRIS has been broadcasting continuously.

Houston's ABC CH. 13 has been streaming online, but not continuously...

http://abc13.com/live/

The ABC News Roku Channel has been streaming CH. 13

Up All Night

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on August 25, 2017, 06:29:55 PM
The deep state is really cranking their HAARP machine up. They hate Texas and pretty much the entire South and know that many Trump voters live there. I'm sure in their minds they're killing Nazis.  ;)

https://youtu.be/eU6R9gC_u_A

chefist

Quote from: Up All Night on August 26, 2017, 04:36:54 PM

Jesus...hopefully they don't have the water pumps and backup generators in the fucking basement like Fukushima.  ::)

Glad to know that all of Bellgab's Texan contingent are in safe hands.  I see maximum sustained winds are now only 50 mph so not a hurricane anymore but rainfall hasn't diminished and it is moving ENE at 1 mph. lol.  You guys are locked down for a while still.  As always, stay put and stay safe.

GravitySucks

Quote from: 21st Century Man on August 26, 2017, 10:49:01 PM
Glad to know that all of Bellgab's Texan contingent is in safe hands.  I see maximum sustained winds are now only 50 mph so not a hurricane anymore but rainfall hasn't diminished and it is moving ENE at 1 mph. lol.  You guys are locked down for a while still.  As always, stay put and stay safe.

Thanks. Stuck in a drenching band that runs near Galveston Bay. So far, so good.

GravitySucks

Hardest rain of the storm so far going on now. Lots of thunder. Tide is still +5 feet.

Up All Night

Flash Flood Emergency for Houston

KHOU and KTRK are streaming online.

Quote from: GravitySucks on August 26, 2017, 11:16:57 PM
Hardest rain of the storm so far going on now. Lots of thunder. Tide is still +5 feet.

Yeah, the radar looks bad in and around Houston.  Lots of red indicating the torrential rain.

GravitySucks

Quote from: 21st Century Man on August 26, 2017, 11:44:46 PM
Yeah, the radar looks bad in and around Houston.  Lots of red indicating the torrential rain.

I-10 is closed due to water over the road.

GravitySucks

15" in last 3 hours. Lots of flooding.

Still aok at my place. 

GravitySucks

County's Emergency Management office on generator. That's about 2-3 miles from me.

My power has been good so far.

Reports of people climbing into their attic north of me a few miles. Hope they have a hatchet or at least a claw hammer.

Quote from: GravitySucks on August 27, 2017, 12:18:28 AM
15" in last 3 hours. Lots of flooding.

Still aok at my place.

Good. I'm glad I live on elevated terrain, 1000 ft above sea level and on top of a hill at that.  I doubt flooding will ever be a problem here.

GravitySucks

My cul-de-sac is under water. Water is halfway up my front yard.

Another 10-12" and I will have water in my house. This is just as high as the water got from both Allison and Ike.

Need a short break from the downpour.

Quote from: GravitySucks on August 27, 2017, 12:54:21 AM
My cul-de-sac is under water. Water is halfway up my front yard.

Another 10-12" and I will have water in my house. This is just as high as the water got from both Allison and Ike.

Need a short break from the downpour.

Oh shit.  I'd be moving your valuables to the upper levels of your house,  Furniture and tv's can be replaced.  Pictures and assorted collections can't.  I'm going to check your radar again.

Shingles coming off the roof.  :-\

Flooding in Austin. I'm safe, just might have a roof leak soon.
Going to rain until Thursday. I'd assume Austin is shut down until then:

GravitySucks

Quote from: 21st Century Man on August 27, 2017, 12:57:22 AM
Oh shit.  I'd be moving your valuables to the upper levels of your house,  Furniture and tv's can be replaced.  Pictures and assorted collections can't.  I'm going to check your radar again.

Rain slowed right now. Hope it keeps out of the red for a bit.

Looks like you'll be getting a break in the rain shortly but then another band will move in.  I would say the break may last as long as 30 minutes.  The next band won't be quite as bad but still pretty heavy.

Quote from: GravitySucks on August 27, 2017, 01:00:02 AM
Rain slowed right now. Hope it keeps out of the red for a bit.

Ah, you must be on the west/sw side of the city.  I'd say you will have a 30 minute break.

Quote from: nooryisawesome on August 27, 2017, 01:00:02 AM
Shingles coming off the roof.  :-\

Flooding in Austin. I'm safe, just might have a roof leak soon.
Going to rain until Thursday. I'd assume Austin is shut down until then:

Austin looks a lot better than the Houston area but the rain is still heavy.  Batten down the hatches, matey.  Sorry about your roof though.  Hopefully you have insurance that will cover it.

GravitySucks

Hobby Airport closed due to water on the runway.

Some serious shit.

Up All Night

Quote from: GravitySucks on August 27, 2017, 02:19:35 AM
Hobby Airport closed due to water on the runway.

Some serious shit.

In the 24 hours through Sunday 6 a.m. CDT, parts of the southeast Houston metro area had received more than 20 inches of rain. One location in far southeast Harris County near Webster logged 24.28 inches of rain in 24 hours and 26.76 inches in 48 hours.

Major flooding from up to 19 inches of rain has also occurred to the east of Austin in Bastrop and Caldwell Counties with water rescues have been reported.

Harvey's Catastrophic Texas Rainfall Flooding Threat to Continue For Days; Storm Totals of 40 Inches Possible; Record Flooding Observed

https://weather.com/storms/hurricane/news/tropical-storm-hurricane-harvey-rain-flood-forecast-texas-louisiana

Up All Night

If Joel Osteen is willing to forgo all church services (and ergo offering collections) for Lakewood this weekend, then you know how serious the flooding is in Houston.

https://traffic.houstontranstar.org/cctv/transtar/