• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Solar Eclipse Pictures

Started by WhiteCrow, August 21, 2017, 01:26:43 PM

Jackstar

Quote from: Jackstar on August 21, 2017, 10:33:01 PM
I drove 867.6 miles today to get 100% obscuration with 0% cloud cover

If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on August 21, 2017, 10:38:10 PM
I only drove 50 miles

Do you even lift, Bro?

WhiteCrow

"An Inconvenient Cloud"

I drove 867.6 miles today to get 100% obscuration with 0% cloud cover. It was better than sex. Pics later, I'm wrung out.

Understand about the clouds,  in Carbondale Illnois  there was a dark cloud (just what it was) moving towards the sun that stayed away until just after Totality.

Total round trip ..920 mileage in the WhiteCrow limo bus. We passed a lot of the time listening to all of the  old Mel Waters' calls into Art.. It was close to 7 hours of calls. Those were special times. I would so like to find out what ever happened to Mel and who he really was.
It would be hard today with the internet  to pull off that kind of 5 years running "schtick" ...Art kept asking Mel for pictures... Back then no smart phones in everyone's pockets.. LoL

The Eclipse has beyond awesome ..From the perspective of being a Catholic boy,  "Totality" may of been the best two minutes of my life ;)

The pictures below were taken with solar eye glasses place over my "dumb" phone's camera lens.
They show the clouds that were in the area during the phasings ..

Lilith

Quote from: WhiteCrow on August 22, 2017, 07:19:23 PM
Understand about the clouds,  in Carbondale Illnois  there was a dark cloud (just what it was) moving towards the sun that stayed away until just after Totality.

Total round trip ..920 mileage in the WhiteCrow limo bus. We passed a lot of the time listening to all of the  old Mel Waters' calls into Art.. It was close to 7 hours of calls. Those were special times. I would so like to find out what ever happened to Mel and who he really was.
It would be hard today with the internet  to pull off that kind of 5 years running "schtick" ...Art kept asking Mel for pictures... Back then no smart phones in everyone's pockets.. LoL

The Eclipse has beyond awesome ..From the perspective of being a Catholic boy,  "Totality" may of been the best two minutes of my life ;)

The picture below is taken with solar eye glasses place over my "dumb" phone's camera lens.
It shows the clouds that were in the area during the phasings ..

Your dumb phone took a really beautiful picture WhiteCrow!  I'm so happy for you that you had such a wonderful trip and experience!  Thank You for the pics!  I saved em all.

Dr. MD MD

"An Inconvenient Cloud"

I drove 867.6 miles today to get 100% obscuration with 0% cloud cover. It was better than sex. Pics later, I'm wrung out.

What direction?  ???

WhiteCrow

Quote from: brig on August 22, 2017, 07:38:24 PM
Your dumb phone took a really beautiful picture WhiteCrow!  I'm so happy for you that you had such a wonderful trip and experience!  Thank You for the pics!  I saved em all.

Thanks brig and thank you for helping me with figuring out how to use the "hosting" photo site.

It's kind of a pain compared to posting directly from my dumb phone to Bellgab. If Prai$e MV would be so kind to drop me a PM..with the cost of returning that feature, depending on the price I'd consider donating for its return..My time is money 💰

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: WhiteCrow on August 22, 2017, 07:53:58 PM
It's kind of a pain compared to posting directly from my dumb phone to Bellgab. If Prai$e MV would be so kind to drop me a PM..with the cost of returning that feature, depending on the price I'd consider donating for its return..My time is money 💰

Don't know. It's possible BellGab will no longer be using AdSense, so now is not the greatest time to start pricing additional server resources.

Google. Yay.

Jackstar

I found some truly badass eclipse time lapse footage throughout the first half of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dxS3ICecXc

... then, it goes off the rails into some other stuff I'm not bothering to view, vet, or fret over. I've got bigger fish to fry, thank you kindly.

albrecht

I saw this strange CL ad today. Not sure why it would matter if the dogs were born during the eclipse and also puzzled about the use of playing cards in the photos?
https://austin.craigslist.org/pet/d/pure-bred-german-shepherd/6292038852.html

Lilith

Quote from: albrecht on September 04, 2017, 02:47:44 PM
I saw this strange CL ad today. Not sure why it would matter if the dogs were born during the eclipse and also puzzled about the use of playing cards in the photos?
https://austin.craigslist.org/pet/d/pure-bred-german-shepherd/6292038852.html

I think the cards are so someone inquiring about a certain puppy, can refer to it by the playing card albrecht. 

albrecht

Quote from: brig on September 04, 2017, 05:31:37 PM
I think the cards are so someone inquiring about a certain puppy, can refer to it by the playing card albrecht.
Ahh. That makes sense. I was hoping for a more esoteric explanation, maybe something to do with tarot cards or something, considering them mentioning the pups being born during the eclipse.  ;)