• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Twin Peaks (2017) : When you get there, you will already be there.

Started by malachi.martini, May 23, 2017, 11:09:17 PM

Nice thoughts. I thought it was gonna be Billy Zane as well. I think Billy was the guy in jail cell with bloody face. Tina's daughter is in Roadhouse telling other girl (David lynch's wife) about Billy being at her house and running out with blood all over his face. It makes sense that that was him.

I hear a new season is in discussion. If so , Lynch says it won't be for about 4 years.

Quote from: Bobbysaltereg0 on September 20, 2017, 06:50:58 PM
Nice thoughts. I thought it was gonna be Billy Zane as well. I think Billy was the guy in jail cell with bloody face. Tina's daughter is in Roadhouse telling other girl (David lynch's wife) about Billy being at her house and running out with blood all over his face. It makes sense that that was him.

I hear a new season is in discussion. If so , Lynch says it won't be for about 4 years.

Yeah, from the clues we have in the show, it's probably the jail cell guy. From what I could piece together, Jail Cell Billy was on the drug that Red was selling, along with Tina, Itchy Armpit Girl, 1-1-9 Lady, along with other bit characters. It's really frustrating that this subplot was apparently just entirely dropped from the show altogether after being deliberately introduced.

I can accept that some of it is visual metaphor. For example, the girl Bobby sees in the car with the screaming Aunt in one of the middle episodes might not be a literal zombie, she might just be represented that way on the show because she's on the drug. But even the visual language of the show doesn't excuse the complete jettison of these subplots altogether. I feel like the Season 3 viewing experience would not have changed significantly if Red had been altogether removed from the plot. In fact, you could probably watch Episode 1 and Episode 18 back to back and it might still make as much sense as it did at the end of the 18 week run. That's really annoying to me. What's the point of those middle 16 episodes, then? :)

I got fairly into the Twin Peaks lore before going into this season. I rewatched Fire Walk With Me and some key episodes from Season 1 and Season 2. I don' t think any of this gave me any edge in watching 3 at all. That might be good or bad, but it's probably not something I would do again for 4. Then again in 4 years time my thoughts on this whole season may change. Honestly I think a lot of my enjoyment came out of watching a serialized show week-to-week, something Netflix binges have largely done away with for me. I don't watch much television otherwise.

Nonsensical plotting and abandoned plot points aside, still better than the X-Files remake. :)

Jackstar

Quote from: Agent : Orange on September 21, 2017, 06:21:12 AM
Yeah, from the clues we have in the show, it's probably the jail cell guy.

I recall distinctly that Audrey told Charlie that she had a dream about Billy with blood on his face. It's gotta be him.

The significance of this fact yet eludes me.

Quote from: Jackstar on September 21, 2017, 10:46:29 AM

I recall distinctly that Audrey told Charlie that she had a dream about Billy with blood on his face. It's gotta be him.

The significance of this fact yet eludes me.

That slipped right past me, I'll have to watch the Audrey scenes again (which is too bad since they were some of the worst of the season).
And puts a nail in the Billy Zane connection too, which is too bad.

Jackstar

Quote from: Agent : Orange on September 21, 2017, 05:07:29 PM
(which is too bad since they were some of the worst of the season)

There's something going on with the way Audrey continually accuses Charlie of doing exactly what she herself is doing. Note that the guy who whacks Tim Roth and Sookie Stackhouse is pretty clearly related to Charlie.

It would seem to me that Audrey may well be drugged.

Anyones theory on the glass box? And who was the millionaire who set it up? I so like the idea that it was a tv the whole time.

Quote from: Bobbysaltereg0 on September 21, 2017, 07:06:18 PM
Anyones theory on the glass box? And who was the millionaire who set it up? I so like the idea that it was a tv the whole time.

That's my favorite interpretation. I'm guessing Bad Cooper set it up? In the photograph Cole saw it was him next to the box talking to someone who wasn't familiar (I'm guessing wasn't introduced in the show). But yeah, another open ended question with no resolution.

I read somewhere that the black lodge red room, when viewed from above is a literal television set: The red drapes make the edges of the screen, and the black and white zig zags are the static on the screen. Great observation :)

Jackstar

[attachment=1]

Well, the secret is out. We can talk about it now.

Jackstar

According to research, Hank Kissinger's SS codename is WOODCUTTER.

Note that this character is named "Woodsman" per credits. How well did Lynch and Kubrick know each other? I'm not asking for a friend.

SpaceMeowMaid

Quote from: Jackstar on January 21, 2019, 08:09:26 AM
According to research, Hank Kissinger's SS codename is WOODCUTTER.

Note that this character is named "Woodsman" per credits. How well did Lynch and Kubrick know each other? I'm not asking for a friend.

[attachment=1,msg1308511]   [attachment=2,msg1308511]