• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

jerry

Hoagie is delightful.. as long as we keep in mind it's all speculation... speculation might find us some new good ideas... but most will fall to the wayside...

Nobody

Quote from: Morgus on November 23, 2017, 06:28:21 PM
Maybe they will be smarter and test out the Skype to the guest BEFORE the live show this time?  8)

Ah, the triumph of hope over experience.  :)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: jerry on November 23, 2017, 10:06:26 PM
Hoagie is delightful.. as long as we keep in mind it's all speculation... speculation might find us some new good ideas... but most will fall to the wayside...

Wise words, Jerry. Wise words.

Quote from: =Schlyder
what a load of crap.

so your not calling into the show then?

=Schlyder=

* you're   

fuck no...  and be an enabler to this delusional bullshit.  No,  I am only listening for the comedic value LOL.

Dr. MD MD

Please tell me what a tranny from Japan thinks of all this. I'm dying to know.  ::)

worst guest/show ever, not an easy accomplishment when you consider all the previous duds.

I'm not really a Hoagland guy - his show was always on too late out here on the east coast.
With the show  now up on Blogtalk, I'm listening to a Nazi's in Antarctica episode.  So far I've not
heard any sponsor's and I suspect Hoagland never saw a subscriber dollar he didn't like so how
does he make cash off of this now?

Nobody

Quote from: jerry on November 23, 2017, 10:06:26 PM
Hoagie is delightful.. as long as we keep in mind it's all speculation...

Perhaps I am in the minority, but somehow the word "speculation" just doesn't seem fully adequate to describe the feverish ramblings of a self-proclaimed "scientist" who has embarked on a never-ending quest to make his own credibility a punchline.  Particularly in light of the madness and mind-numbing stupidity of Hoagland's latest programme (which must be heard firsthand to be believed).

If only someone could come up with a brief phrase which fully captures the essence of what Hoagland is all about, and what a prospective listener could expect to hear from him.

Quote from: =Schlyder= on November 26, 2017, 01:03:08 AM
delusional bullshit

That's it; thank you.

Quote from: CronkitesGhost
worst guest/show ever...

It was a delightful show, if not the best. A work of brilliance with a solid grasp of theoretical physics. Audiences should be honoured to have witnessed such a masterpiece.. It certainly was inspired by Hoaglands diligent research  ...
...definitely worth the wait....

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Club 19.5 tattoo. And no, you cannot see it.

Nobody

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on November 26, 2017, 02:03:15 AM
worst guest/show ever, not an easy accomplishment when you consider all the previous duds.

I'll admit it: After 19 months of crap programmes and Hoagland blowing through three different networks, I had thought it impossible for this hideous abortion to get any worse.  Which just goes to show how wrong you can be.

Nobody

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on November 26, 2017, 08:41:00 PM
So far I've not heard any sponsor's and I suspect Hoagland never saw a subscriber dollar he didn't like so how does he make cash off of this now?

He doesn't.

For some time, Hoagland had a "club" you could join that entitled subscribers to listen to old shows (or new shows they missed).  The problem was that Hoagland could hardly be bothered to show up three days a week for a five-days-a-week programme.  Then his show suddenly went off the air with no explanation.  After at least a half-dozen promises that he was going to be back, "tonight," "tomorrow night," "real soon now," he went on an as-yet-unexplained eight-month hiatus from October of last year through May of this year.

Needless to say, this nonsense did not help to boost his subscriber base.

Hoagland suddenly reappeared on WBCQ in June on a weekends-only schedule (whenever he could be bothered to keep it, of course), only to leave them suddenly in October for BTR (apparently, the $50-an-hour WBCQ charged him was still too much for the Hoagland purse).  Now, because BTR offers free downloads of programme archives, he is stuck trying to sell club subscriptions that are completely worthless with no sponsor in sight.

Long story short, Hoagland is on the $99-a-month/$24.75-a-week plan with BTR.  So while he can't make money off the show, he can keep it going with the change that houseguests leave behind the sofa cushions.

Something , Something... It won't be long until the show starts..
Call  - (917) 889-8802
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0zdEnoVQGo

=Schlyder=

Braaaaaaaaps.  LOL  they are still ripping on Horn LOL.

starrmtn001

Hi all!  Been so long since I've been here.  Is Hoagy actually live tonight?

i'd never heard that jazzy Other Side of Midnight theme song before 

nobody in my daytime world would believe this isn't parody, anybody remember a TV show called Fernwood Tonight?

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on November 27, 2017, 01:09:03 AM
i'd never heard that jazzy Other Side of Midnight theme song before 

nobody in my daytime world would believe this isn't parody, anybody remember a TV show called Fernwood Tonight?
Ha ha, YES!  I can just imagine Barth Gimble and Jerry Hubbard interviewing guest "Torsion Scientist" Richard C. Hoagland.  Fantasy Parody TV!

astroguy

Most of the way through listening to Hr0n and RCH.  My summary:

Person 1: "My fantasy is more real than your fantasy!"
Person A: "Nyuh uh!  Mine is!"

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: astroguy on November 27, 2017, 12:23:15 PM
Most of the way through listening to Hr0n and RCH.  My summary:

Person 1: "My fantasy is more real than your fantasy!"
Person A: "Nyuh uh!  Mine is!"

Also, DATA, MUTHERFUCKER!  >:(

astroguy

Quote from: Morgus on November 30, 2017, 08:49:29 PM

I dreamed a dream in time gone by / When hope was high / And life worth living / I dreamed supid'ty would quickly die! / I dreamed RCH would just leave quietly ...

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: astroguy on November 30, 2017, 08:52:16 PM
I dreamed a dream in time gone by / When hope was high / And life worth living / I dreamed supid'ty would quickly die! / I dreamed RCH would just leave quietly ...

You're no fun.  ::)

astroguy

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 30, 2017, 09:24:06 PM
You're no fun.  ::)
Ah, but you haven't heard me actually sing it.  That's very fun, especially if you've had some al-key-hall first.