• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

fotd

Guest:  ...a no fly zone
George interrupting: You're going to need military there to guard it, right?

What a dolt.  Just shut up and listen to what your guest is saying!  You can't add anything of substance, so stop trying.

The guest's voice reminds me of Steve Quayle.

I disagree with the guest on the moon. I'd rather see things like the James Webb Space Telescope and even a second JWST because getting the time on those things is very political and difficult, better propulsion systems, or Hayabusa style gather-and-return systems developed. I'd also be open to development on cheap space telescope methods as well, sort of like inspiring "Maker Space" projects.

fotd

George, I've heard you misuse this one more than once.  It's not "in the bat of an eye.". The proper term is "in the blink of an eye.". The proper way to use bat is "without batting an eye.". I have never in my 35+ years heard anyone else say "in the bat of an eye."

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on December 18, 2013, 02:55:25 AM
The guest's voice reminds me of Steve Quayle.

I disagree with the guest on the moon. I'd rather see things like the James Webb Space Telescope and even a second JWST because getting the time on those things is very political and difficult, better propulsion systems, or Hayabusa style gather-and-return systems developed. I'd also be open to development on cheap space telescope methods as well, sort of like inspiring "Maker Space" projects.

I think the problem is that you have to fight really hard for those things. JWST was almost cancelled and it's a miracle it's going to happen at all. It would not in today's NASA climate, it's simply a legacy project that's so far along that it can no longer be cancelled, though they certainly tried very hard to ditch it. The pure science and tech projects simply don't yield a profit or a political benefit. Mind you, I'm a person that wants gigantic space telescopes, SETI-listening posts on the other side of the moon, Mars colonies and experiments in achieving speeds 90% of the speed of light.

But those don't happen without a much more expensive public face, which means almost useless hearts and minds projects like the ISS, going to the Moon, and sending men and robots to asteroids to confirm what we already know from meteorites. When you have those dog and pony shows, the science and tech comes along with it. Not the other way around.

What needs to happen is for Americans to get scared. The moon would be a good way to do that. As China prospects it for minerals, we need someone saying "Um, what happens if they stake a claim and we're left out in the dust?" and a big competitive space race starts up again. If that happens, the money flows to peripheral things like space telescopes, as it did from the 50's to the 90s. Without a public sentiment driving it, the budgets get cut "so the money is better spent down here" which is what we've got now. We have a NASA that exists to send up satellites designed to further the climate change political agenda and spend a bunch of money on projects that can't be completed because the next administration will cancel them for political benefit and start up a bunch of others that will end up cancelled so they can be seen as having "a vision."

America needs to fear China taking control of the Moon's resources to further tech and exploration development in space. Otherwise, all tech and space development will come from China in the future because they treat it with a sense of nationalism, rather than pure science. Pure science is only a peripheral benefit.

alger

Quote from: VtaGeezer on December 17, 2013, 12:38:55 PM
At least Noory hasn't had Will Farrell/"Ron Burgundy" as a guest. The unfunny b*stard is way past saturation point and if I never see him again it'll be too soon.
LOL! Amen to that!  ;D

Quote from: ItsOver on December 17, 2013, 10:14:12 AM

History professor William R. Forstchen will discuss the time he's spent at NASA looking at research and development of various future technologies such as space elevators, and plasma and ion drive systems, all of which will speed up space travel and change our relationship with outer space. He'll also update his work with the dangers of EMP.

So from that starting blurb the show turned into 90% EMPs and nuclear attacks on the US. Much closer to a global security show than space. The world's gone crazy and it ain't safe on the streets.

alger

Quote from: SomeVelvetMorning on December 18, 2013, 01:28:35 AM
I thought if we took turmeric we didn't need no stinkin' vitamins.  I think I would rather have Fred Flintstone chewables than Noory emetics any day.
According to the doctor cholesterol is good. Does he mean that there's no BAD cholesterol?  I love eggs.   ;D

valdez

Quote from: fotd on December 18, 2013, 02:45:01 AM
What a dolt.  Just shut up and listen to what your guest is saying!  You can't add anything of substance, so stop trying.

Dr. Joel Wallach on vitamins.  Painfuly dull.  The William R. Forstchen segment on EMP's and space elevators should have been somewhat interesting (even though we've done these subjects a zillion times over...can we get some new material here?), but instead it drags to a grind with awkward pauses and disjointed comments.  All of it the fault of the host.  George called the space elevator concept a "modern day Jack and the Beanstalk story."  So many of us were ready to go to the next level with Art, only to be left in the dirt doing the low crawl with George.

DanTSX

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on December 18, 2013, 04:50:32 AM
I think the problem is that you have to fight really hard for those things. JWST was almost cancelled and it's a miracle it's going to happen at all. It would not in today's NASA climate, it's simply a legacy project that's so far along that it can no longer be cancelled, though they certainly tried very hard to ditch it. The pure science and tech projects simply don't yield a profit or a political benefit. Mind you, I'm a person that wants gigantic space telescopes, SETI-listening posts on the other side of the moon, Mars colonies and experiments in achieving speeds 90% of the speed of light.

But those don't happen without a much more expensive public face, which means almost useless hearts and minds projects like the ISS, going to the Moon, and sending men and robots to asteroids to confirm what we already know from meteorites. When you have those dog and pony shows, the science and tech comes along with it. Not the other way around.

What needs to happen is for Americans to get scared. The moon would be a good way to do that. As China prospects it for minerals, we need someone saying "Um, what happens if they stake a claim and we're left out in the dust?" and a big competitive space race starts up again. If that happens, the money flows to peripheral things like space telescopes, as it did from the 50's to the 90s. Without a public sentiment driving it, the budgets get cut "so the money is better spent down here" which is what we've got now. We have a NASA that exists to send up satellites designed to further the climate change political agenda and spend a bunch of money on projects that can't be completed because the next administration will cancel them for political benefit and start up a bunch of others that will end up cancelled so they can be seen as having "a vision."

America needs to fear China taking control of the Moon's resources to further tech and exploration development in space. Otherwise, all tech and space development will come from China in the future because they treat it with a sense of nationalism, rather than pure science. Pure science is only a peripheral benefit.

Fuck the moon
We have problems here we can't fix
China is just going to turn it into a giant gulag or iPod factory anyways
Pretty hard to commit suicide by jumping from a factory window when you fall in super slow-mo gravity.

I thought a Sci-if authors were supposed to be futurists of sorts?  You couldn't see past your nose.  Let china have it and become irradiated.

Besides we never went to the moon.  We haven't "gone back" becUse Kubrick died In 1998.   The radiation of space keeps us here on earth forever alone.  Which is fine because we can't handle this planet let alone another

aldousburbank

Quote from: DanTSX on December 18, 2013, 06:09:58 AM

Fuck the moon
We have problems here we can't fix
China is just going to turn it into a giant gulag or iPod factory anyways
Pretty hard to commit suicide by jumping from a factory window when you fall in super slow-mo gravity.

I thought a Sci-if authors were supposed to be futurists of sorts?  You couldn't see past your nose.  Let china have it and become irradiated.

Besides we never went to the moon.  We haven't "gone back" becUse Kubrick died In 1998.   The radiation of space keeps us here on earth forever alone.  Which is fine because we can't handle this planet let alone another

It is bothersome to me that I find this to be an excellent post.

Little Hater

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on December 18, 2013, 02:55:25 AM

Here's three million they could have spent on those things:

"One of NASA's next research missions won't be exploring an alien planet or distant galaxy. Instead, the space agency is spending $3 million to go to Washington, D.C. and study one of the greatest mysteries in the universe--how Congress works." WTF?

FallenSeraph

Quote from: valdez on December 18, 2013, 05:58:33 AM

Dr. Joel Wallach on vitamins.  Painfuly dull.  The William R. Forstchen segment on EMP's and space elevators should have been somewhat interesting (even though we've done these subjects a zillion times over...can we get some new material here?), but instead it drags to a grind with awkward pauses and disjointed comments.  All of it the fault of the host.  George called the space elevator concept a "modern day Jack and the Beanstalk story."  So many of us were ready to go to the next level with Art, only to be left in the dirt doing the low crawl with George.

The segment with Forstchen was probably the most awkward, uncomfortable segment I've heard on C2C. Ever.

And when they weren't mumbling and bumbling around, they were freaking me out a little. The EMP discussion had me feeling utterly bleak, like screaming, "OH MY GOD WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE ANY MINUTE NOW!"

The whole "would you rather be hit by a solar flare or destroyed by a nuclear weapon?" discussion was slightly surreal.

Meanwhile, there's still no listing for a Saturday night show on C2C.

John?

JOHN??

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: fotd on December 18, 2013, 03:00:15 AM
George, I've heard you misuse this one more than once.  It's not "in the bat of an eye.". The proper term is "in the blink of an eye.". The proper way to use bat is "without batting an eye.". I have never in my 35+ years heard anyone else say "in the bat of an eye."

Yes, he has previous on this. I recall he once used the phrase 'in the beat of an eye', paused, suggested that didn't sound right, and corrected it to 'in the click of an eye' (or vice versa). Keep trying, George. If a hundred monkeys throw an infinite number of darts at an infinite number of dartboards, they'll hit the bullseye eventually.
The mounting pressure of the month of Feb coming over the horizon must be getting to him.

VtaGeezer

More verbal nails-on-the blackboard from Noory; like "...from off the coast of California..." (which someone thankfully finally made him drop after ten years).

FallenSeraph

Quote from: VtaGeezer on December 18, 2013, 10:15:42 AM
More verbal nails-on-the blackboard from Noory; like "...from off the coast of California..." (which someone thankfully finally made him drop after ten years).

"If you have a dog or something of a cat" will always be my favorite

ItsOver

Quote from: Seraphim27 on December 18, 2013, 01:17:10 AM
I clicked the link for first-hour guest Dr. Joel Wallach so I could read more of his vitamin insights and it took me to THIS:

[attachimg=1]

http://www.criticalhealthnews.com

George is selling vitamins now.

The man is a marketing machine.

Ack!  Instead of Big Brother being everywhere, we have "Big Blunder" being everywhere.  :P

aldousburbank

I've been in one place too long. Tried listening to C2C for a minute last night (I was awake, it was on the local am).  George, there is no end to how deep and endlessly you suck. Fucking sock puppet.

PChirp

Another MAJOR suckfest last night.  You'd think radio programming this BAD would lull the world's worst insomniac into oblivion.  Yet, like the hauntings of LMH's "quote/end quote" deadpan verbal punctuation, I now find myself tallying up each and every time that fucker Jorge says "That's Right" after a guest's comments.  Jeez, has it REALLY gotten this bad!?!   Glutton for punishment?  Masochist?  Most likely all of the above. 

[attachimg=1]

Oh yeah, once again---Jorch you fuckin' SUCK!

ZHero

Quote from: Seraphim27 on December 18, 2013, 10:42:53 AM
"If you have a dog or something of a cat" will always be my favorite

"When small men attempt great enterprises, they always end by reducing them to the level of their mediocrity."
  -Napoleon Bonaparte

Falkie2013

The bat lives in Noory's mustasche and plucks his eyebrows.
For all I know, the bat IS Noory's mustache.

But its yet another of the thousands of reasons why George Noory Sucks.

Falkie2013

Quote from: VtaGeezer on December 18, 2013, 10:15:42 AM

To the $noorge, Hawaii is off the coast of California too.
Haven't heard anything about that new studio lately have we ?

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: Falkie2013 on December 18, 2013, 12:52:59 PM
To the $noorge, Hawaii is off the coast of California too.
Haven't heard anything about that new studio lately have we ?

Hey dave you dumb shit if the weather in Callie is cold does that effect Hawaii?

DanTSX

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on December 18, 2013, 02:09:30 PM
Hey dave you dumb shit if the weather in Callie is cold does that effect Hawaii?

could be angles ::)

Nebraska888

Did you hear him say the other night.....

"I can't put my THUMB on it."      instead of......  "I can't put my finger on it."......

There is SOMETHING wrong with this man.

EBE123

Quote from: valdez on December 17, 2013, 05:35:05 AM
   Good point, Morgus.  I've come to believe that all of George's antidotes are made up, except for the one about how, when he was a child living in his uncle's shoe store, he was kidnapped by firefighters and taken to Mexico where he shared a room with Jimmy Hoffa.  That one rings true.  Tonight’s show was a waste.  How many times did he ask Dr. Mona Lisa Schulz the "how can people learn to follow their own intuition" question?  Twice and more if he could've gotten away with it.  And what exactly are the Akashic records?  How did the term come into being?  Why can't we cover some basics instead of assuming we all know what this Akashic stuff is all about?  Somebody give  Aingeal Rose O'Grady a "please come back to be interviewed by someone who knows how to conduct an interview" card on her way out the door.

Oh no! O'Grady should never come back. The Akashic records are complete BS and she didn't even talk about robots!  >:(

maureen

EBE123

Quote from: alger on December 18, 2013, 05:46:19 AM
According to the doctor cholesterol is good. Does he mean that there's no BAD cholesterol?  I love eggs.   ;D

Wallach is a total quack. lol

http://www.skepdic.com/wallach.html

aldousburbank

Quote from: Nebraska888 on December 18, 2013, 02:44:25 PM
Did you hear him say the other night.....

"I can't put my THUMB on it."      instead of......  "I can't put my finger on it."......

There is SOMETHING wrong with this man.

The following is a word which I don't approve of and its use is wrong in any other context, save George Noory, uncle to innocent niece, because it is the only word which applies:
retard