George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

No Name Storm

Quote from: DanTSX on December 15, 2013, 03:56:28 PM
lol

You should think for yourself and not let some geeks in the media convince you that the Koch Boogeymen are behind anything affecting your fragile little world.

How is what Wells says "Dangerous".  Give an example.  You seem alarmed at his ability to speak freely.  Did he yell fire in a crowded theater?

C2CAM was always a political show.  C2CAM STARTED as a political show.  Don't let the Grumpy old fart version of Art Bell stumping for Obama make you think that he is progressive in the least.  Art was always conservative/libertarian.  Probably funded by the Koch brothers, Prince Anbar, and personally coached by Neil Bush.

I agree.  Turn your radio off.  And shoot your TV while you are at it.

I see you've certainly bought some of the Kock kool aid. LOL. Keep drinking it. You still aren't allowed into the club. LOL.

Morgus

Quote from: Sambo on December 15, 2013, 08:47:58 PM

That vision is caused by severe astigmatism - need new eyeglasses to correct it!  8)

VtaGeezer

Quote from: DanTSX on December 15, 2013, 11:38:39 AM
Let me guess.....

It's all string pulling from the Koch Brothers?

There is no right wing agenda there.  It's only a making money agenda.  And it's a damn wonder they can even manage to do that
You said that, not me.  The Kochs are way too smart to invest in a low margin, declining business like AM radio. So why did Bain Capital, the owner of Clear Channel/PNR since 2008?

DanTSX

Quote from: No Name Storm on December 15, 2013, 09:30:21 PM
I see you've certainly bought some of the Kock kool aid. LOL. Keep drinking it. You still aren't allowed into the club. LOL.

It's the other way around.

I don't know the first thing about them, other than huffpo and DU readers are absolutely terrified of them. 

The people who are really ruining this nation are holding The Koch Brothers and Sarah Palin voodoo dolls in front of you guys and convincing you that they are the boogeyman.  The people on the other side of the fence watch their Fox News and root for their team the same way you root for your team.  Their boogeyman is the jug-eared kenyan, that little twerp Senator Harry Reid from Utah, and the hosts of The View.

I'm not going to fit into the left/right paradigm no matter what way you try to place me.  I know what the dog whistles are and which topics are selected to drive the people apart.    You ever notice how Congress investigates something stupid like Steroids use in pro sports, or get everyone riled up about what the gays are doing in their bedrooms  when they are deciding to go to war or pass a budget? 

I don't know where you live, but I implore you to do whatever you have to do to legally acquire a firearm.  And if not, get one illegally.  Then shoot your TV.  It is the most liberating thing you can do.  Free yourself from having the issues defined for you.  Think for yourself.

DanTSX

Quote from: VtaGeezer on December 15, 2013, 10:15:08 PM
You said that, not me.  The Kochs are way too smart to invest in a low margin, declining business like AM radio. So why did Bain Capital, the owner of Clear Channel/PNR since 2008?

I knew the Koch dog whistle would work!

Again, I don't know the first thing about them.  Two cotton-topped old farts sitting on piles of money somehow causing legions of Sarah Palin clones to personally interrupt homosexual weddings and inner-city abortion procedures, while receiving telegrams from Jesus?

Do you have any experience in management restructuring, leveraged buyouts, or equities?  If not, I don't think I'm going to bother discussing why or why not someone would invest in AM radio.  Speaking of low margin, declining-revenue businesses Have you ever heard of Berkshire Hathaway?    They bought a shitload of small-town news papers recently (ya know....the low margin, declining-revenue type).  Is it some dastardly political plan?  No.  The guy thinks he can consolidate and make money off of it.  And few people doubts that Buffet will.

Sambo

I haven't had a TV in over a decade and can conquer its benefits. Even the best of shows from HBO, Netflix etc. inadvertantly convey messages that reinforce old or new norms that shouldn't be assumed a given simply because they've continued to or have begun to surface.

Our brains can't distinguish reality from fiction when it comes to visual stimuli. No matter how self governing of free will you believe to be. For example, most people can't recall the type of screen they were watching any given movie on. You might know what you watched it on, but when you try to recollect what you watched the medium that you watched it on vanishes.

No one should have time for TV, and at least the internet is a little less passive. That being said this is what freedom is all about, and you gotta fight to try to keep a good portion of society on the level while the rest decay in to forms of habit, be it mindless brainwashing or mindless ignorance while they exist only to do what they're told.

Our culture should be brainwashed with civics and approaches to critical thinking 

zeebo

Quote from: No Name Storm on December 15, 2013, 08:39:06 AM
I'm sorry, but I think John B. Un-Wells sucks as much as Snoory, but in a far more evil, right wing wacko way.

His run-on sentences are definitely grammatically evil.

DanTSX

Quote from: VtaGeezer on December 15, 2013, 10:53:48 PM
That goes without saying.

Oh this is the level where you want to take this discussion.....

Ok then.

I'll pray for you,

and for the tea party.

#saynotodeathpanels

Sambo

Death panels lol

Death panels won't be because of some liberal agenda that's for sure. Anyone who has scrutinized the subject at a post grad level can tell you this.  The biggest threat for incoming death panels is already private insurance companies, constrained hospital budgets, and bed space. Left to its own devices the free market health care sector will find more excuses to kill off patients than this so called Obama care will. If you latch on to this notion of death panels you really have no clue how and where to point your fingers. Just lapping up political rhetoric because you are and feel helpless

Why is this shit in gnoory sucks?

DanTSX

Quote from: Sambo on December 15, 2013, 11:23:27 PM
Death panels lol

Death panels won't be because of some liberal agenda that's for sure. Anyone who has scrutinized the subject at a post grad level can tell you this.  The biggest threat for incoming death panels is already private insurance companies, constrained hospital budgets, and bed space. Left to its own devices the free market health care sector will find more excuses to kill off patients than this so called Obama care will. If you latch on to this notion of death panels you really have no clue how and where to point your fingers. Just lapping up political rhetoric because you are and feel helpless

Why is this shit in gnoory sucks?

Good Lord, are you not reading my posts?

It should be pretty clear where I am making a point to prove you ridiculous, and where I am dropping specific dog whistle catch phrases to stir you up.  The death panel thing was pretty blatant.  I can't believe you fell for it again.

Hospitals are about 70% empty at most times for bed space.  You are dangerously ill-informed.

I'm not pointing my finger at anything as the "problem" other than Obama's dangerous meddling in the lives of every American via half-assed central planning.

zeebo

Quote from: Sambo on December 15, 2013, 10:28:50 PM
Our brains can't distinguish reality from fiction when it comes to visual stimuli. No matter how self governing of free will you believe to be. For example, most people can't recall the type of screen they were watching any given movie on. You might know what you watched it on, but when you try to recollect what you watched the medium that you watched it on vanishes.

You're so right, people underestimate how powerful that medium is to our brains.  Ever been at some kind of social gathering where someone flips on a tv i.e. to check the news or something and all-of-a-sudden everyone stops talking and they just kind of drone out like zombies at the picture?  It's really weird.  I've seen good parties brought to a dead halt by nothing more than a friggin screensaver.

Sambo

What the fuck are you on about, Dan? I'm not reading you much at all, and you think you are baiting me? Dude, you're in some fight with someone else. I'm just skimming and taking random jabs. I'm not even looking at nor caring about who I am reacting to. Lol wow, ego much?

DanTSX

Quote from: Sambo on December 15, 2013, 11:45:40 PM
What the fuck are you on about, Dan? I'm not reading you much at all, and you think you are baiting me? Dude, you're in some fight with someone else. I'm just skimming and taking random jabs. I'm not even looking at nor caring about who I am reacting to. Lol wow, ego much?

Wow.  You are an oddball.

I thought it was the other way around.

See you around the forum dude.  Have a good one.

Sambo

Dude you're in a fight with other people so I don't get why you think you are explicitly stating to be making me look ridiculous or blatantly baiting me.  I'm not that involved or interested. Besides I'm Canadian

DanTSX

Quote from: Sambo on December 15, 2013, 11:56:20 PM
Dude you're in a fight with other people so I don't get why you think you are explicitly stating to be making me look ridiculous or blatantly baiting me.  I'm not that involved or interested. Besides I'm Canadian

Figures

Oh.  It's the rEVOLution

Sambo

You're being an egotistical buffoon. You should sort it out before you hurt someone

DanTSX

Quote from: Sambo on December 16, 2013, 12:00:42 AM
You're being an egotistical buffoon. You should sort it out before you hurt someone

Egotistical buffoon?

Sambo

What's the relevance of Trudeau when I'm talking about you and your inability to manage multiple conversations?

DanTSX

Quote from: Sambo on December 16, 2013, 12:07:28 AM
What's the relevance of Trudeau when I'm talking about you and your inability to manage multiple conversations?

Trudeau manages all conversations.

And he was on the down low. :-*

maureen

Quote from: Sambo on December 16, 2013, 12:07:28 AM
fuddle duddle!! ;D ;)

Dateline

Unfortunately just because someone has a radio show and deems themselves an internet host does not make them a nice person.  I would say work on it but there is no hope at this point.  He is winding down, he is winding down.

You can tell that by how he was when he first hosted the show.  Effort was put into it.  Now it's all about money, and frankly I am not buying. 

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: DanTSX on December 15, 2013, 10:16:47 PM

I'm not going to fit into the left/right paradigm no matter what way you try to place me.  I know what the dog whistles are and which topics are selected to drive the people apart.    You ever notice how Congress investigates something stupid like Steroids use in pro sports, or get everyone riled up about what the gays are doing in their bedrooms  when they are deciding to go to war or pass a budget? 

I don't know where you live, but I implore you to do whatever you have to do to legally acquire a firearm.  And if not, get one illegally.  Then shoot your TV.  It is the most liberating thing you can do.  Free yourself from having the issues defined for you.  Think for yourself.

This is exactly why I don't believe a word you say Dan. You're absolutely right. US politics is dependent on herd instinct reactions and tactics of how to control people and form their opinion for them. But, see, so is this thread. I think you are aware of that. So you're here doing one of two things:

1. You're an attention whore, and get your attention by formulating ways to piss people off and bait them. I think this is probably the case, since you don't really seem to mind trashing Art either.

2. You're here to collapse the forum, presumably paid to do so by a company.

I don't really care which it is, I'm just trying to piss you off.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: zeebo on December 15, 2013, 11:43:04 PM
You're so right, people underestimate how powerful that medium is to our brains.  Ever been at some kind of social gathering where someone flips on a tv i.e. to check the news or something and all-of-a-sudden everyone stops talking and they just kind of drone out like zombies at the picture?  It's really weird.  I've seen good parties brought to a dead halt by nothing more than a friggin screensaver.

All glory to the hypnotoad!

onan

Quote from: DanTSX on December 15, 2013, 11:40:56 PM

Hospitals are about 70% empty at most times for bed space.  You are dangerously ill-informed.

Where did you read this horse shit?

Rural hospitals and smaller community hospitals do run at a lower census than larger hospitals but none are at a 30% census. If they are they will be closed or bought by a company that will increase its census overnight.

The last hospital I worked at was always in the mid to high 90's percentile even on major holidays.

There are older hospitals (at least a few) that were built during the 40's for the military that were many hundred bed hospitals. But they no longer use all the beds, many units have been closed for years. But staff to patient ratios are in the 70 to 80 percentile for their census.

To add, many decisions to keep patients in the hospital are counter manded due to lack of or limited insurance. I have seen patients discharged with open wounds to be tended at home by non medically trained family members because it was considered "safe". Only to see, the patient return due to infection.

Sambo

I too work in various hospitals and for 23 years have never witnessed halls of empty beds. Over 70% would equate to just that.

Really this should be taken to the politics thread. It's one thing to derail inoffensively or to be offended by the subject at hand (George noory), but this is just a big sloppy mess of shit and off-topic that doesn't need to be in this thread

No Name Storm

C'mon, we know where Dan gets all his information.....the Kock Brothers.....LOL. Well, news media PAID by the Kocks anyway. None of that is the truth. LOL. LOL.LOL.

DanTSX

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on December 16, 2013, 04:35:18 AM
This is exactly why I don't believe a word you say Dan. You're absolutely right. US politics is dependent on herd instinct reactions and tactics of how to control people and form their opinion for them. But, see, so is this thread. I think you are aware of that. So you're here doing one of two things:

1. You're an attention whore, and get your attention by formulating ways to piss people off and bait them. I think this is probably the case, since you don't really seem to mind trashing Art either.

2. You're here to collapse the forum, presumably paid to do so by a company.

I don't really care which it is, I'm just trying to piss you off.

Put the bong down

DanTSX

Quote from: No Name Storm on December 16, 2013, 07:02:29 AM
C'mon, we know where Dan gets all his information.....the Kock Brothers.....LOL. Well, news media PAID by the Kocks anyway. None of that is the truth. LOL. LOL.LOL.

And the tea party

They can see Alaska from here 8)