• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Account deletion

Started by yumyumtree, May 03, 2017, 10:34:15 PM

ItsOver

Quote from: yumyumtree on May 04, 2017, 07:19:32 AM
I didn't expect this post to stimulate so much discussion. I'm glad it did, if course.

When I see something like this, I generally assume that there is some very good reason behind it that I'm not bright enough to see. I just wanted a little help, that's all.
Try renaming yourself "Rose Girl" and see what happens.  ;) :D

Quote from: MAX on May 04, 2017, 06:16:34 AM
If I die I would like my account donated to Falkie.
That's very generous of you.

GravitySucks

Quote from: yumyumtree on May 04, 2017, 07:19:32 AM
I didn't expect this post to stimulate so much discussion. I'm glad it did, if course.

When I see something like this, I generally assume that there is some very good reason behind it that I'm not bright enough to see. I just wanted a little help, that's all.

Well, my guess is that when you quit, you don't generate Adsense revenue. So if there is no money to be made, why would MV expend effort to delete the account?  If your posts are left up there, some newbie might read them, generating Adsense revenue.

Or it could be completely arbitrary.

Jackstar

Quote from: yumyumtree on May 03, 2017, 10:34:15 PM
I noticed that deleting accounts is not possible. A ny special reason for that?

Hillary deleted the delete key.

ItsOver

Yeeewww can checkout but yeeewww can never leave.

cweb

Quote from: brig on May 04, 2017, 05:47:11 AM
Don't forget George Sendas forum. You could always try that one too.

http://theguyfrompittsburgh.boardhost.com/
I believe the color theme is called "Tritanopia."

BobGrau

He's just copying Facebook.

Jackstar

Do we have a list of all the people who have legitimately asked for this to be done?

Because, that would be hilarious.

For my own part--I want my magnificence in the Library of Congress. Permanently.

BobGrau

Quote from: Jackstar on May 05, 2017, 01:58:17 PM
Do we have a list of all the people who have legitimately asked for this to be done?

For my own part--I want my magnificence in the Library of Congress. Permanently.

For some reason it bothers me that you haven't changed your avatar for so long.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: BobGrau on May 05, 2017, 02:02:07 PM

I've been thinking the same thing lately.  :D

Jojo

Quote from: Σ> on May 04, 2017, 04:30:20 AM
if someone physically dies, their bellgab account needs to be deleted? i don't follow.
Can you get the cops to do a welfare check on Jesus Juice because he said something was making noises at his door two weeks ago or so.  He went out to check and never came back?  In South Chicago...  Maybe his ip address or provider might have coordinates they could gps or a real address.

WOTR

Quote from: whoozit on May 04, 2017, 05:12:10 AM
I demand that when I die and my estate contacts you, that you delete every third word of my posts.  That way my concise thought will be converted to a kind of homage to Pate.
To quote MV... Heh Heh.  That actually did make me laugh.

On a side note, why is it that when I want my account deleted here, it remains.  But if I made an account at mystic stars or the George Senda forum it would get permanently deleted?  :'(

ItsOver

Quote from: Jackstar on May 05, 2017, 01:58:17 PM

I know this guy wanted a thread deleted.

Lilith

Quote from: WOTR on May 06, 2017, 02:20:43 AM
To quote MV... Heh Heh.  That actually did make me laugh.

On a side note, why is it that when I want my account deleted here, it remains.  But if I made an account at mystic stars or the George Senda forum it would get permanently deleted?  :'(

I share your pain.  :'(

MV/Liberace!

i forgot to actually answer this.  the reason why accounts can't be deleted is that it would delete all of the IP data associated with a user's posts/sessions, etc.  in the rare case that a user is banned, deleting all of that IP data would make it more difficult to know what other accounts that user created.

also, even if accounts were able to be deleted, it wouldn't remove the posts (that would be insane).  it would only remove the username from the memberlist and the username would no longer be able to log in, so there's not much accomplished with that.  for those who want to disassociate their posts from a known username, go into your profile and change the display name.

wr250

Quote from: Σ> on May 04, 2017, 05:14:06 AM
i think it would make more sense to start a separate website for each of your individual posts.  thoughts?
only if you only allow access via firefub.

zeebo

Quote from: wr250 on May 07, 2017, 09:49:10 AM

There's something like that in the new version.  It's a special window which lets you make private posts to yourself.  You should've seen what I wrote earlier, lol great stuff.

heater

Is this the thread to formally ask that a random account be deleted?

I formally request a random user be selected for deletion.  Use whatever method you feel comfortable with MV.  My only request is that the next time that person tries to log in they are confused and unprepared for the event.

Jackstar

Quote from: BobGrau on May 05, 2017, 02:02:07 PM

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 05, 2017, 02:03:47 PM
I've been thinking the same thing lately.  :D

In fact, I have cunning plans for a new icon--yet, Hillary keeps deleting it.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jackstar on May 07, 2017, 04:09:11 PM

In fact, I have cunning plans for a new icon--yet, Hillary keeps deleting it.

Well, she is an activist, you know.  :D

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: wr250 on May 07, 2017, 09:49:10 AM

but not on thursdays.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Σ> on May 07, 2017, 10:43:40 PM
but not on thursdays.

Hey MV. Hope all is well in the Cape.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 07, 2017, 11:07:43 PM

and to you.  things are juuuust fine here.

coaster

Quote from: yumyumtree on May 03, 2017, 10:46:06 PM
This means if somebody dies, people cleaning up their affairs can't delete the account even with the password. Far be it from me to tell them how to run the forum, but I wonder if this was well thought out.
What a dumb fucking post.

WOTR

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 07, 2017, 11:07:43 PM
Cape?

Cape of good hope?
Cape fear?
Cape disappointment?  (I actually drove through there and wondered at the name... how bad does a place have to be to be disappointing to somebody who is used to no running water, no showers, no indoor plumbing, living with rats and lice and eating half rotten meat?)

***I suddenly realized that I left this wide open for a joke based on Falkie with a clogged toilet."***

GravitySucks

Quote from: WOTR on May 08, 2017, 12:31:44 AM
Cape?

Cape of good hope?
Cape fear?
Cape disappointment?  (I actually drove through there and wondered at the name... how bad does a place have to be to be disappointing to somebody who is used to no running water, no indoor plumbing, living with rats and lice and eating half rotten meat?)

I don't want to doxx MV but look in the SE corner of the state the Mormons tried to move to first. There is a Cape G near a river that is made famous by a writer that used to use a pen name.

p.s. There is an alleged UFO crash and retrieval incident in 1941 there but MV is not that old.

WOTR

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 08, 2017, 12:38:09 AM
I don't want to doxx MV but look in the SE corner of the state the Mormons tried to move to first. There is a Cape G near a river that is made famous by a writer that used to use a pen name.

p.s. There is an alleged UFO crash and retrieval incident in 1941 there but MV is not that old.
Thanks GS... I managed to find it even though I can no longer use google (what a pain in the ass.)  As an online citizen of the Netherlands, google demands that I agree to what the EU has described as an illegal privacy policy before using google or youtube.  (Don't worry, being as you have no expectation of privacy in the US, it is perfectly legal for them to do it without your explicit consent.)  Being as I refuse to click "agree" I am now trying to see how long I can use proxies for youtube and alternative search engines.

‘Our preliminary analysis shows that Google’s new policy does not meet the requirements of the European Directive on Data Protection,’ CNIL said in a letter to Google Chief Executive Larry Page, which was posted on CNIL's website this week.

Fuck them wanting to stick all of my information in one place in order to "better serve me" (Yeah, that's their excuse, they just want to make my experience "better.")

GravitySucks

Quote from: WOTR on May 08, 2017, 12:50:01 AM
Thanks GS... I managed to find it even though I can no longer use google (what a pain in the ass.)  As an online citizen of the Netherlands, google demands that I agree to what the EU has described as an illegal privacy policy before using google or youtube.  (Don't worry, being as you have no expectation of privacy in the US, it is perfectly legal for them to do it without your explicit consent.)  Being as I refuse to click "agree" I am now trying to see how long I can use proxies for youtube and alternative search engines.

‘Our preliminary analysis shows that Google’s new policy does not meet the requirements of the European Directive on Data Protection,’ CNIL said in a letter to Google Chief Executive Larry Page, which was posted on CNIL's website this week.

Fuck them wanting to stick all of my information in one place in order to "better serve me" (Yeah, that's their excuse, they just want to make my experience "better.")

Yep. Sorry about all the clues,  I know how to find the G spot, I just don't know how to spell it.