• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

astroguy

He's probably busy sending angry faxes to the Star Trek: Discovery producers claiming that he knew Gene Roddenberry and must be made a consultant, that Gene was his good friend.  And Cronkite, and Arthur C. Clark, etc.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: astroguy on September 24, 2017, 10:36:41 PM
He's probably busy sending angry faxes to the Star Trek: Discovery producers claiming that he knew Gene Roddenberry and must be made a consultant, that Gene was his good friend.  And Cronkite, and Arthur C. Clark, etc.

Isn't that show dead in the water now that the Orville is out?  ???

chefist

Quote from: Nobody on September 24, 2017, 10:35:06 PM
No, he started things off by mentioning the "upcoming" debate between Trump and Hillary.  ::)

This is the second weekend in a row he's managed to show up only half the time for a programme that broadcasts live two days a week.  This after had had the effrontery to double the price of listening to his show archives.

Don't be surprised if you start hearing reports of an angry lynch mob forming in Placitas, New Mexico.

Thanks...glad he's unpredictably unpredictable...

Nobody

Quote from: astroguy on September 24, 2017, 10:36:41 PM

It's funny you should say that, because not long ago (July or August), Hoagland claimed he was a consultant for Star Trek TOS.  He then went on to relate how he "advised" Gene that the Enterprise should be described as being in a stationary orbit in one of the episodes.

(Or something; I was too busy scoffing at Hoagland's transparent fabrication to pay close attention to the details.)

No doubt he's included that in his faxes. 

Hoagie sure does love his Star Trek. Unlike Gene, Arthur and Isaac he can't distinguish between science ficition and science fact which is how he comes to believe he is a legitimate scientist himself.

'Resonance!'

Nobody

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on September 24, 2017, 11:53:33 PM
Hoagie sure does love his Star Trek. Unlike Gene, Arthur and Isaac he can't distinguish between science ficition and science fact which is how he comes to believe he is a legitimate scientist himself.

Hoagland gives pseudoscience a bad name.

Swishypants

The Other Side of Midnight? Really? Does he mean NOON? LOL! I am not sure a more retarded name for a show could be made up!

Nobody

Quote from: albrecht on September 22, 2017, 09:09:00 PM
Most recently Sean David Morton tried the various fake court filings, bizarre briefs, vexious arguments about jurisdiction, admiralty law, etc. He is going to prison.

Yes, I have been following S.D. Morton's antics with interest for some time.  So much so that I think this post:

http://bellgab.com/paranormal-conspiracy-ufos-etc/sean-david-morton/msg1103419/#msg1103419

...is a pretty fair précis of how he came to end up in The Big House.

The Morton affair has everything, doesn't it?  Large sums of money, mind-bending greed, and, of course, an unwavering faith in a complex, baffling system of beliefs* that turned out to be complete bollocks (the most salient feature for Yours Truly).  Everything but sex and violence...and who knows?  With Morton's entry into America's federal prison system last week, we may see those deficiencies supplied very soon.

That's not what I was attempting to get at, though.  While there are some similarities, SDM and Hoagland do not strike me as being quite the same "type."

In Morton's case, he was largely done in by his belief in a Byzantine method of filings and paperwork that would supposedly allow him (and his luckless clients) to "beat the system."  Something which, while not wholly rational, was at least somewhat understandable, insofar as people buy into such "secret methods" all the time because the allure of "beating the system" holds appeal for just about everyone.

Hoagland, I am convinced, would be a courtroom disaster for a completely different reason: the overweening sense of self-importance that he constantly displays on his chat show.  I mean, if you look at the way he treats his guests (i.e. people who are there to assist him in making his own programme more appealing to listeners), I am convinced he would be alienating the judge and jury from the instant he opened his mouth.  That's what I was getting at.

Morton's bizarre filings and briefs were annoying, no doubt, but imagine not being able to do so much as finish a sentence.  ::)

I could see Jordan Maxwell (aka Russell Pine) and other C2C guests and 'experts' trying things like that in court.

Hang on.  D'you mean to say that Coast actually has self-proclaimed "legal scholars" like SDM on as guests actively promoting "sovereign citizen"-type crap?  ???

Or do you mean, instead, that Coast has the sort of people who promote it in their spare time, but refrain from such promotion on Coast?

(I hope it's the latter, because the implications of the former are too horrifying to contemplate.)

Remember there was a sammich dispute...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the recently-passed "Criminal Degradation of the English Language Act" mandate a twenty-year prison sentence for anyone caught using the word "sammich"?  :P

*Speaking of which, a contemporary of Morton's (fellow "legal scholar" and ConspiraSea cruise lecturer Winston Shrout) is up for the High Jump in about an hour:

QuoteScheduling Order by Judge Robert E. Jones as to Winston Shrout. At the request of counsel Sentencing is reset for 9/26/2017 at 11:00AM before Judge Robert E. Jones in Portland Courtroom 10A.

https://www.plainsite.org/dockets/2ovpmrun7/oregon-district-court/usa-v-shrout/

I can only guess at what it must have been like for Shrout's federal public defender to mount a defence for his client in that case.

Juan Cena

Quote from: Swishypants on September 26, 2017, 07:58:21 AM
The Other Side of Midnight? Really? Does he mean NOON? LOL! I am not sure a more retarded name for a show could be made up!

Well the joke was that OSOM came on after Art's MITD.

The Other Side of Midnight also happens to be the name of a Sydney Sheldon novel in the 70's.

trostol

wonder if Dick has watched A the new Trek series...i assume he did and probably blindly loved it and B watched the better Trek show..The Orville

PaulAtreides

To watch the new Trek, Dick will have to subscribe to CBS All Access.  Which means Robin will have to raise his allowance.  She's probably not inclined to do that until Dick finds steady work.

astroguy

Quote from: PaulAtreides on September 29, 2017, 08:02:50 AM
To watch the new Trek, Dick will have to subscribe to CBS All Access.  Which means Robin will have to raise his allowance.  She's probably not inclined to do that until Dick finds steady work.
He could always πrat it like a normal leech.

ShayP

There's a small part of me that wants to listen to Hoagie's show.  Is it ever 'decent' anymore?  I haven't paid any attention, nor do I visit his website.  I'm still assuming it's shit though.  :-\

Nobody

Quote from: ShayP on September 29, 2017, 05:13:59 PM
I'm still assuming it's shit though.  :-\

Caveat: if you're reading this, currently enjoy Hoagland's programme, and want to continue to enjoy it, please do us both a favour and stop reading here.  

Continuing...

Unfortunately for the sake of everyone who has ever found Hoagland entertaining, your assumption is correct.

When the hurricanes hit the US, Hoagland went from saying they were "directed" (how and for what reason were never explained) to claiming that two as-yet-unnamed entities were actually "dueling" over control of them for yet another unexplained purpose.  Hoagland has long been known for his Gish Galloping, but before, he would at least make a feeble attempt to "connect the dots" into some sort of semi-coherent narrative.  Now, even that's gone.

In short, his programme of late is a lot less like entertainment and a lot more like a 72-year-old man parading his mental illness in front of the world for all to see.  I honestly thought hearing him gradually lose what few remaining marbles he had would be entertaining, but it's not: it's tedious.

(And, if I am to be completely honest, somewhat frightening.  I'm not the first to point out that, if you live in delusion long enough, you lose the ability to perceive reality itself: delusion is your reality, only you don't know it, and Hoagland has been past that point for some time now.)

Should you feel the need to tune in anyway (and it can happen to the best of us), you might want to consider alternating listening for ten minutes with ten minutes of tuning out.  I started doing this a while ago myself and quickly discovered that Hoagland's show yielded much more enjoyment whenever I wasn't listening to it; YMMV.

GravitySucks

They should actually read the Jones Act. They are talking out their arse. Foreign ships can stop and offload in Puerto Rico. They cannot onload there and continue to a mainland port.

astroguy

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 30, 2017, 10:17:19 PM
They should actually read the Jones Act. They are talking out their arse. Foreign ships can stop and offload in Puerto Rico. They cannot onload there and continue to a mainland port.
Sorry, are you complaining that RCH and someone on his show are making things up?  Heavens to Murgatroyd!

GravitySucks

Quote from: astroguy on September 30, 2017, 10:19:28 PM
Sorry, are you complaining that RCH and someone on his show are making things up?  Heavens to Murgatroyd!

Yeah. Duh. What was I thinking.