• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Michael Vandeven's Radio Train Wreck

Started by MV/Liberace!, August 11, 2015, 02:45:44 PM

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: berry on March 06, 2017, 07:41:43 PM
Thanks. Got overly excited and had already logged on to tunein. So I'll wait and am enjoying the spec sheet now. Thanks MV😀

You got it.

Taaroa

Quote from: Σ> on March 06, 2017, 10:54:15 PM
You got it.
Any chance for a revived Spec Sheet too? I have an appropriately tech themed question for discussion...

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Taaroa on March 07, 2017, 12:50:01 AM
Any chance for a revived Spec Sheet too? I have an appropriately tech themed question for discussion...

I only have time for one podcast, but you can still call in. On this particular show, we talk about whatever grabs us.

Taaroa

Quote from: Σ> on March 07, 2017, 12:59:46 AM
I only have time for one podcast, but you can still call in. On this particular show, we talk about whatever grabs us.
Chances are I'll be asleep because of my terrible terrible sleeping habits, but I'll keep it in mind. Question is about setting up a private vpn.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Taaroa on March 07, 2017, 01:13:42 AM
Chances are I'll be asleep because of my terrible terrible sleeping habits, but I'll keep it in mind. Question is about setting up a private vpn.

Chances are about the same that MV will be asleep as well.

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on March 06, 2017, 07:15:22 PM
I didn't say anything for fear of being called a Time Zone Nazi.

(And in memory of my Aerospace and Aviation teacher - Mr. Davis - I  would like to state that, beginning next Tuesday, Michael Vandeven's Radio Train Wreck will air at 01:30 ZULU time.  Which is Monday 8:30 PM Eastern.  Fuck.  This is hard.)

Not to be a Time Zone Nazi, Cam, but you forgot that on March 12, you shift to daylight savings time, thus local Eastern time will be only four hours behind UTC during the observance of DST.  Therefore, MV's RTW starts at 1230 ZULU. 

UTC and The Song may always remain the same, but determining ZULU from a fluctuating civil time can be a bitch this time of year.

Easy.  Easy now, hoss.  Anyone can make a mistake when DST comes into play.

I'm just the messenger.  Lower your gun.

Camazotz Timothy Automat!  Holster your weapon, you overreacting son of a bitch!

Taaroa

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on March 07, 2017, 02:11:34 AM
UTC and The Song may always remain the same, but determining ZULU from a fluctuating civil time can be a bitch this time of year.

It becomes even messier if both of the timezones go on/off daylight savings time - eg where I live and London swap what they're on only few weeks apart from each other and it becomes too much of a hassle to work out the time difference without the assistance of google.
It's all partly why when setting my watch I use Reykjavik as a reference because they're sensible and use UTC+0 year-round.

Quote from: Taaroa on March 07, 2017, 02:21:07 AM
It becomes even messier if both of the timezones go on/off daylight savings time - eg where I live and London swap what they're on only few weeks apart from each other and it becomes too much of a hassle to work out the time difference without the assistance of google.
It's all partly why when setting my watch I use Reykjavik as a reference because they're sensible and use UTC+0 year-round.

I like that idea.  I added Reykjavik as one of my world clocks on my personal Gizmonic device.

Quote from: Σ> on March 13, 2017, 09:12:45 AM
Hi, there.  MV's TrainWreck airs live tonight (and every Monday) at 8:30PM East, 5:30PM West.

Listen live and Chat: UFOShip.com/chat
Call the show: 573-837-4948
RSS Feed for podcast sub: http://www.ufoship.com/?feed=rss2&cat=12

chefist

Quote from: Σ> on March 05, 2017, 04:33:33 PM
I've set up a notification group for MV's TrainWreck.  If you'd like to receive a notification about upcoming shows via private message, follow these instructions:

http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,7985.0.html

Will there be sharks with laser beams on their heads?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Chefist on March 13, 2017, 09:39:01 AM
Will there be sharks with laser beams on their heads?

and trap doors with spikes.

mikuthing01

Show is live now for lurkers who want to listen and join the chat

http://ufoship.com/chat/

starrmtn001

Quote from: Σ> on March 13, 2017, 09:41:50 AM
and trap doors with spikes.
I have the chat log, but I won't post it until you give me permission to do so.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ©StarrMountain® 2010 on March 13, 2017, 08:39:10 PM

no need, i'm going to post it.  thx tho.

Quote from: ©StarrMountain® 2010 on March 13, 2017, 08:39:10 PM

Save it for blackmail later. ;)

starrmtn001

Quote from: Σ> on March 13, 2017, 09:00:13 PM
chat transcript is there too, btw.
Cool, thanks.  Buuut I gots me one already.  Heh, heh. ;) ;D

Lilith

Great Show MV and Ev!  Thanks so much!

Despite Evelyn self-medicating her aqualung condition by inhaling devil weed hell fire, this was a good episode.

In regards to MV possibly taking a cruise this summer, I have to think that it could very well be considered a completely legitimate tax deductible business expense if correctly categorized and juxtaposed to the expense(s) of running this ongoing podcasting project/business; not to mention the nature of any billable hours invested in the journalistic gathering of oceanic traversing ass fountain data.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on March 16, 2017, 11:37:56 AM
Despite Evelyn self-medicating her aqualung condition by inhaling devil weed hell fire, this was a good episode.

In regards to MV possibly taking a cruise this summer, I have to think that it could very well be considered a completely legitimate tax deductible business expense if correctly categorized and juxtaposed to the expense(s) of running this ongoing podcasting project/business; not to mention the nature of any billable hours invested in the journalistic gathering of oceanic traversing ass fountain data.

If I'm taking the cruise for the purpose of commenting about it on the podcast, and I already do deduct all expenses related to the podcast, then I should be fine, right? I'll have to talk with my accountant.

Quote from: Σ> on March 16, 2017, 11:59:03 AM
If I'm taking the cruise for the purpose of commenting about it on the podcast, and I already do deduct all expenses related to the podcast, then I should be fine, right? I'll have to talk with my accountant.

I think you will be 100% fine.  It seems no different than someone making a living as a food critic or travel services critic.

You have to go where the ass fountain is.  Even if it is to report zero occurrences of said ass fountain.  While you may apply the expense (winning!) regardless of outcome (ahem), the cruise line's reputation wins in particular if you experience zero AFs.

As you pointed out in the podcast, it would negligent of you NOT to take every available deduction.

I think your accountant will give it the green light.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Σ> on March 16, 2017, 11:59:03 AM

And if there are any expenses related to having to drag your soundboard wife and childrens to have a live audience, well that should be covered as well.

TigerLily

Quote from: GravitySucks on March 16, 2017, 12:35:41 PM
And if there are any expenses related to having to drag your soundboard wife and childrens to have a live audience, well that should be covered as well.

Just like all spouses and kids; excess luggage

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on March 16, 2017, 12:13:31 PM
As you pointed out in the podcast, it would negligent of you NOT to take every available deduction.

If you haven't listened to the March 13th show, MV was speaking about any business's fiscal responsibility to use every legal deduction available to them.  He didn't mention his possible forthcoming cruise in conjunction with the tax discussion.

He just got me to thinking about it.