• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

David Paulides Missing 411

Started by goldendeal, January 22, 2015, 10:38:00 PM

Just Me

Paulides will be on the snoron shoe shine boy clown act this Thursday 11/12/15.

I'll force myself to tune in even though the voice of the absent minded snoron the shoe shine boy, makes me ill.

Just Me

David Paulides, great show last night but because the snoron was at the helm, the show sucked with his stupid shit mouth babbling nonsense questions that had to have been blowing from the bottom of the snorons ass. David, please stop talking to the snoron and guest with anyone else but. 

Morgus

David Paulides was originally George Knapp's guest until Noory stole him away after seeing how popular he was...

ziznak

Quote from: Morgus on November 13, 2015, 04:11:52 PM
David Paulides was originally George Knapp's guest until Noory stole him away after seeing how popular he was...

Juan Cena

Quote from: Just Me on November 09, 2015, 12:59:25 PM
Paulides will be on the snoron shoe shine boy clown act this Thursday 11/12/15.

I'll force myself to tune in even though the voice of the absent minded snoron the shoe shine boy, makes me ill.

Please stop insulting shoe shine boys like that.

DavidRanger

kinda disaappointed in David Paulides now too. Seeing as yep, Kristi Piehl and Ian Punnet went through these drowning men. Yep, it was termed 'Smile Face Killers.' In his recent interviews, he gave no credit to the journalist, Kristi Piehl- who uncovered all these links he says he has found. Even more, a prior guest Steph Young on Coast to coast wrote about all these men drowning, in 'Something in the woods is taking people,' book series, and did credit it to the journalist, and the 2 cops; same author also wrote about the elisa lam too. Now, it seems to me, having read the other posts in here, that David Paulides is not giving credit and is claiming to have found these links himself. And that raises real doubt in my mind about his credibility.

Robert

“He was right here! I took a pic and his hand was in my back pocket and then gone!”

That was the statement by the mother of the boy who got into the gorilla exhibit at the Cincinnati Zoo.  Could it be that many of Paulides's collected cases are of a similar nature, just in different settings?  Apparently some bushes provided cover for the boy to crawl thru & disappear.  Then he crawled over a ledge & dropped 15' into a moat, from which the gorilla fished him.  It wouldn't be hard to imagine that, instead of being in a zoo exhibit, the gorilla was out in the open & carried the boy for miles.

JesusJuice

Here's a long running thread on Missing 411 / David Paulides and missing people in national forests general if you're interested. Lots of excerpts and links.

http://8ch.net/x/res/16861.html

Robert

Quote from: JesusJuice on May 31, 2016, 06:15:04 PMHere's a long running thread on Missing 411 / David Paulides and missing people in national forests general if you're interested. Lots of excerpts and links.

http://8ch.net/x/res/16861.html
Thanks, looks good.

JesusJuice

David Paulides will be the first half guest tonight on C2C hosted by George Noory.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2016/12/13

caesar953

Just spoke to someone very aware about Missing 411 and David Paulides...Seems Super Dave made up a lot of things concerning Dennis Martin case as well as the Stacy Arras case also. What this person told me...Shame on you David Paulides. Shame on you indeed.

311guy1

I helped back his Missing 411 movie on Kickstarter, almost 2 years ago to the month. He finally announces a releases date, and starts selling pre-sale DVDs and Blu Rays on his website. None of the backers have gotten their copies yet, and the guy is already selling them to the general public.

He announces a release date of May 15, but "has no idea when the digital download" will be made available. WTF? Dude, it's 2017. I called Davey out on his BS on the Kickstarter page, and Oh Man did that set him off. After him allowing me to switch to the DVD from download, he sees my comments and emails me at 11:40 at night and tells me "Your DVD is being held because of your baseless claims" because I called him out for being money hungry (he doesn't sell his books anywhere else besides his website, and now the movie too) and for kicking us backers to the curb while trying to make even more money off the presales.

This guy's credibility is getting weaker and weaker. He finally calls me a coward for saying these things online. I replied back and said I'd say them to his face but, ya know, we live in different states. The whole conversation over almost a dozen emails is quite funny. He thinks he's going to change the world with his film. This thing won't even make a ripple.

rob69

Quote from: 311guy1 on May 08, 2017, 11:12:45 AM
I helped back his Missing 411 movie on Kickstarter, almost 2 years ago to the month.

I hope you didn't donate more than a dollar.  :)

He announces a release date of May 15, but "has no idea when the digital download" will be made available. WTF? Dude, it's 2017. I called Davey out on his BS on the Kickstarter page, and Oh Man did that set him off.

Welcome to the club. 

After him allowing me to switch to the DVD from download, he sees my comments and emails me at 11:40 at night and tells me "Your DVD is being held because of your baseless claims" because I called him out for being money hungry (he doesn't sell his books anywhere else besides his website, and now the movie too)

And people wonder why he is called a narcissist?

This guy's credibility is getting weaker and weaker.

Even more so now that another investigator has looked into the Dennis Martin case.  Forever Searching by Michael C. Bouchard looks at his misrepresentations, omissions and outright lies he presents as facts. 

Michael actually interviewed Dwight McCarter who outright denies that he told Paulides that a wildman attacked a park Ranger.  In a short email exchange with the author, Michael stated that during his conversation with Dwight McCarter, he had never heard of a wildman attacking and injuring a park ranger. He further stated that he had the NPS check their reported injury list from 1967-1968, no mention of a ranger being attacked. 

So much for no records keeping huh Dave? 

He interviewed a member of the Rike family who unequivocally denied that he committed suicide over the case as he eludes to.  (What an effing scumbag)

What's more important is that all references to wild men seem to be David's alone.  The term unkempt appears in later reports to describe the unidentified man at Rowans Creek.  Mr. Key used the term dirty or unkempt in an interview with the Sumpter Daily news.     According to Michael, Mr. Key told him that he never used the term Moonshiner or Wildman in any report. 

He also stated that Mr. Key stated that the person he saw at Rowans Creek was wearing manufactured clothing that were disheveled and he WASN'T carrying anything. 

Michael suggests that people listen and read all of the online sources concerning the Dennis Martin disappearance before buying his book.  Then one can truly appreciate all of the misrepresentations in the case.

WildCard

Quote from: caesar953 on May 04, 2017, 10:40:53 AM

i don't know how to respond to a pm and i don't have e-mail.
could you just post it here?

Lord Grantham

The guys on Mysterious Universe ride his dick pretty hard, but I just don't buy that people are wandering into parallel dimensions or bubble universes or are kidnapped by fairly folk or whatever (to be fair, Paulides' doesn't use any of that as an explanation, but MU does, and they are really into it).

People who are lost in the wilderness, panicking, and suffering from hypothermia do some weird shit. People who go off to commit suicide do some weird shit. End of story unfortunately.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: rob69 on May 10, 2017, 06:26:17 PM
I hope you didn't donate more than a dollar.  :)

Welcome to the club. 

And people wonder why he is called a narcissist?

Even more so now that another investigator has looked into the Dennis Martin case.  Forever Searching by Michael C. Bouchard looks at his misrepresentations, omissions and outright lies he presents as facts. 

Michael actually interviewed Dwight McCarter who outright denies that he told Paulides that a wildman attacked a park Ranger.  In a short email exchange with the author, Michael stated that during his conversation with Dwight McCarter, he had never heard of a wildman attacking and injuring a park ranger. He further stated that he had the NPS check their reported injury list from 1967-1968, no mention of a ranger being attacked. 

So much for no records keeping huh Dave? 

He interviewed a member of the Rike family who unequivocally denied that he committed suicide over the case as he eludes to.  (What an effing scumbag)

What's more important is that all references to wild men seem to be David's alone.  The term unkempt appears in later reports to describe the unidentified man at Rowans Creek.  Mr. Key used the term dirty or unkempt in an interview with the Sumpter Daily news.     According to Michael, Mr. Key told him that he never used the term Moonshiner or Wildman in any report. 

He also stated that Mr. Key stated that the person he saw at Rowans Creek was wearing manufactured clothing that were disheveled and he WASN'T carrying anything. 

Michael suggests that people listen and read all of the online sources concerning the Dennis Martin disappearance before buying his book.  Then one can truly appreciate all of the misrepresentations in the case.

I have just completed reading Mr Bouchard's book.  Sad to say this self published book is not very well written, disjointed, and poorly edited.  It's only seventy-eight pages long, including a good number of photographs and one map.  There is no index, no glossary of terms/acronyms, and the table of contents is a disaster.  I also noted some factual errors, but admittedly they don't impact the story of Martin's disappearance and/or the search for him.  I think it's fair to say Mr. Bouchard is a better researcher/investigator than he is a writer.

Rob69 did a good job relating the handful of points on which the author directly calls out Paulides, but Paulides is only mentioned five or six times in the book's text.  There is no explanation of who Paulides is, other than him having been a guest on C2C and MITD (no dates given for his appearances on either show), nor are any of his books referenced.  Why Mr. Bouchard did not introduce the reader to Paulides and his books is puzzling. 

I don't mean to come down hard on the author, clearly he is as disgusted with Paulides' line of half truths and unsupported claims as some of us here.  I commend him for the effort, but if his goal was to discredit Paulides, he fell short.

rob69

Quote from: Uncle Duke on May 12, 2017, 08:03:10 PM
I have just completed reading Mr Bouchard's book.  Sad to say this self published book is not very well written, disjointed, and poorly edited.  It's only seventy-eight pages long, including a good number of photographs and one map.  There is no index, no glossary of terms/acronyms, and the table of contents is a disaster.  I also noted some factual errors, but admittedly they don't impact the story of Martin's disappearance and/or the search for him.  I think it's fair to say Mr. Bouchard is a better researcher/investigator than he is a writer.

Rob69 did a good job relating the handful of points on which the author directly calls out Paulides, but Paulides is only mentioned five or six times in the book's text.  There is no explanation of who Paulides is, other than him having been a guest on C2C and MITD (no dates given for his appearances on either show), nor are any of his books referenced.  Why Mr. Bouchard did not introduce the reader to Paulides and his books is puzzling. 

I don't mean to come down hard on the author, clearly he is as disgusted with Paulides' line of half truths and unsupported claims as some of us here.  I commend him for the effort, but if his goal was to discredit Paulides, he fell short.

I didn’t find the read as awful as DP’s first and second “missing”.  I was a bit confused with the mentioning of clothes in the blue envelope memo chapter.  I inferred it to be articles of clothes that were brought to the search for the dogs.  The author clarified the issue, they were clothes used for the search and not found on site.  Other than that…

I do not think Michael’s intent was to focus on DP, otherwise it would have detracted from the spirit and scope of his investigation and what he found.  He highlighted what needed to be said and corrected DP’s misrepresentations.  For the most part people familiar with the Dennis Martin disappearance know who’s who in regards to the investigators.  I did not ask him what he thought about DP and I can only surmise that he has the same level of contempt for him that most of us do.

I would like to hear Dwight McCarters take on DP and how he put words in his mouth.

albrecht

http://www.mynbc5.com/article/missing-whiteface-skier-found-in-california/17764938
WILMINGTON, N.Y. â€"                                  A skier missing from Whiteface Mountain has been found in California.
New York State Police said Constantinos “Danny” Filippidis, 49, of Toronto, was found 2,900 miles away Tuesday in Sacramento.

Gd5150

The Missing 411 Documentary is now on Hulu.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Gd5150 on April 21, 2018, 01:46:15 PM
The Missing 411 Documentary is now on Hulu.

It's pretty good, too. A bit short, though.

Lord Grantham

Quote from: bellNwhistle on April 21, 2018, 01:50:07 PM
It's pretty good, too. A bit short, though.

That's not a bad thing necessarily. Some of those bigfoot and UFO amateur documentaries on Netflix just drag on repeating the same things over and over.

albrecht

This is the story Paul mentioned at the end of the show. I was thinking it would be a lead because it is a huge story. His family is one of the richest in the world.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-43725426

Lord Grantham

I watched the documentary last night. In my opinion they didn't focus on the right cases. None of the stories were even remotely paranormal.

The main one about the boy in Idaho Falls was a serious misstep. It was a story of serious parental laziness and inattention. Leaving a toddler to wander back to the care of dementia grandpa and his friend creepy guy is a pretty serious fuck up.

The second story about the kid on the trail is another big parental fuck up story. Why would you ever let your three year old go on a hike with some random people, with no one specifically put in charge of the kid? Of course he went missing.

311guy1

Quote from: Lord Grantham on April 26, 2018, 07:56:43 AM
I watched the documentary last night. In my opinion they didn't focus on the right cases. None of the stories were even remotely paranormal.

When Davey was scouting for kickstarter backers initially, the line was that "This is going to be a visual companion to the books, for fans of the books, so the general public can see how strange these cases are." After the documentary came out and backers startd criticizing it, Davey's line was "Well the movie was never for the fans of the books, it was for the general public. Paranormal scares them away."

The documentary was a huge wasted opportunity.

chefist

Quote from: Lord Grantham on April 26, 2018, 07:56:43 AM

The main one about the boy in Idaho Falls was a serious misstep. It was a story of serious parental laziness and inattention. Leaving a toddler to wander back to the care of dementia grandpa and his friend creepy guy is a pretty serious fuck up.

The second story about the kid on the trail is another big parental fuck up story. Why would you ever let your three year old go on a hike with some random people, with no one specifically put in charge of the kid? Of course he went missing.

I've listened to Paulides several times over the years, and you basically summarized what I had concluded. The children that go missing or are found "miles" away in short periods of time are simply neglected by their parents...the time element is explained by the parents or guardians lying about the time line to save their asses from prosecution or CPS taking the kids away...

Missing adults are explained by injury and death in a crevasse or other concealed location, murder and burial, or eventually predation, etc.  Rescuers often admit the areas they have to search are just to vast to perform the rescue effectively, but they do the best they can with the limited resources they have.

The last show he mentioned that, "doctors, physicists, Germans, etc) were disproportionately those involved in these "incidences". Did he do a study on if life insurance policies were paid out on these folks? Clearly, murder and or a suicide (which would be unproven) would pay out after a period of time for missing people? Rich doctor or professional fell on hard times...wants to leave the troubles of the world behind...give his family a nest egg and go out doing what they love. Or, they simply change their identities and start a new life...which happens often.

After seeing you guys talking about this I watched it myself last night. Definitely agree the cases were nothing special. They just seemed like garden variety missing children cases. And why labor so long on just those few? The only interesting parts were the recovered items, clothes, teeth, etc. which they spent very little time on.

Kind of bizarre at the end when they start talking about something being out there doing this that's been here as long as humans out of nowhere.

I like Paulides and his shows with Knapp are entertaining but the documentary doesn't live up to that. Actually the most interesting parts of it are the nice time lapse night sky shots.

Lola2001

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on April 27, 2018, 10:10:18 AM
After seeing you guys talking about this I watched it myself last night. Definitely agree the cases were nothing special. They just seemed like garden variety missing children cases. And why labor so long on just those few? The only interesting parts were the recovered items, clothes, teeth, etc. which they spent very little time on.

Kind of bizarre at the end when they start talking about something being out there doing this that's been here as long as humans out of nowhere.

I like Paulides and his shows with Knapp are entertaining but the documentary doesn't live up to that. Actually the most interesting parts of it are the nice time lapse night sky shots.

And he goes on and on about how good it is! He gets upset that it hasn't gotten good reviews and thinks its a conspiracy to make people not watch it! But agreed, his interviews are interesting. Its like he needs someone to guide him to tell the story but left on his own he is out of control.

Rocketeer

Quote from: chefist on April 26, 2018, 08:50:59 AM
Or, they simply change their identities and start a new life...which happens often.

I want the documentary examining those last three words.

Robert

Quote from: chefist on April 26, 2018, 08:50:59 AMOr, they simply change their identities and start a new life...which happens often.
I've wondered whether Dashiel Hammett was on to something about that.

Gd5150

David Paulides has a new show on History channel called Vanished. Aired on Jan 5th so have to check History Channel on demand.

https://www.history.com/specials/vanished/full-special