• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

GIS 10 year anniversary

Started by Queen, July 08, 2009, 03:54:53 PM

Queen

GIS  10 year anniversary is this year.  It was 10 years ago October 30th 1999 when The GIS first appeared on Coast To Coast AM with Art Bell.  I don't know what the chances are But maybe if we all e-mailed Art He would come back and host them on the 10th anniversary this year. That would be awesome, what do u all think :D.

artbell@aol.com
artbell@mindspring.com

EvB

Queen

This is the e-mail i sent to Art.

Hey Art,

I'm a huge fan of yours and I never write or call because I figure you get way to much email and phone calls and my chances are slim to none to ever get in touch with you. But I am hoping this one gets to you, I sent this to both of your e-mail address.

I don't know if you realize this but, it's going to be 10 years this October 30th when you first had the members of the G.I.S. on. I was hoping that its 3 months away that maybe you could do a show this October 30th to mark the anniversary.  That would be sooo cool.  This would also mark their 25 appearance on Coast to Coast Am.  24 shows with you and one with George.
Out of all of your guest they are the best.  I hope you at least think about this.

Regards

I hope its short and sweet lol.

Good letter! Precise and to the point. Let's hope Art gets his hands..(er.."eyes").. on it.

MV/Liberace!

some people poo-poo the exploration of ghostly matters on c2c, and PARTICULARLY the GIS people.  I DON'T GET THIS!!!  the GIS are EXACTLY what c2c is about, in my mind.  i've NEVER missed one of their appearances.  sadly, i think a couple of their appearances are missing from my archive.  it would be nice to find those shows.  i guess i could if i put the effort into it.

the Ghost Investigators Society is the only supernatural investigatory entity i've felt deserved absolute credibility.  they make ZERO money for what they do and they explicitly turn down all offers so they can maintain that credibility.  no others can say this... especially these hack groups on tv like the ghost hunters.  they proved themselves phonies on their live halloween special.  take a look at youtube for details.  the collar gag was atrocious.

i REALLY feel like these people are the best guests ever to have appeared on c2c.  many will disagree.  that's fine.  i'm convinced.

/drunken post

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on July 14, 2009, 02:19:39 AM
some people poo-poo the exploration of ghostly matters on c2c, and PARTICULARLY the GIS people.  I DON'T GET THIS!!!

Maybe if they didn't have to tell us what we were hearing it would be more plausible.  I have never yet heard what they hear, until they say what it is - then it's 'oh, yeah, I guess it could be that'.  They could say anything, and the brain thus programmed would hear what they said it was at least some of the time.  People poo-poo it because it seems so, umm, bogus.

That said, I'm not sure how they get any sound at all on 'unused, unopened' tapes, in an area where there are 'no other sounds'.  Maybe there are miscellaneous sounds from various sources in those environments, or maybe that's bogus too.

I realize they don't have anything to sell, but I know plenty of pranksters with time on their hands that would fully be up to the task if there was airtime to be had (see 'crop circles').

MV/Liberace!

this is a copy of the first evp i ever caught.  it was while standing in a cemetery at about 2am.  can anybody tell what it says?  i already know, but i'd like to know if you guys can hear it without me tainting your impressions:

http://www.ufoship.com/ghost.wav

this was the clearest evp i've captured on the numerous "ghost hunts" i've been a part of.  it was also in context with what was happening at that moment.

sooooo.... what does it say?

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on August 15, 2009, 10:10:23 AM
this is a copy of the first evp i ever caught.  it was while standing in a cemetery at about 2am.  can anybody tell what it says?  i already know, but i'd like to know if you guys can hear it without me tainting your impressions:

http://www.ufoship.com/ghost.wav

this was the clearest evp i've captured on the numerous "ghost hunts" i've been a part of.  it was also in context with what was happening at that moment.

sooooo.... what does it say?

Sounds like "Go home" or "Homo" - can't quite decide.

MV/Liberace!

by the way, i never revealed what i believe it to be saying.  been so many months since the site was last operational.  i'd regretted not getting the chance to carry on with this conversation.

i believe the voice to be asking, "Goin' Home?"

note the inflection on the voice, which suggests that it's an interrogative.

i caught this at a cemetery while standing over the grave of my great, great grandparents who died in the time of jesus or something.  never knew them.  they all died many years before i came along.

my sister and a friend of mine were the 2 people investigating with me on this occasion.  they were standing about 100-150 feet to my left, and i could not hear anything they were saying to one another at the time.  in other words, this sound was not created by my fellow investigators.  this voice was recorded on a digital video camera, so you're just listening to the audio track of a cam corder here.  the video shows me just beginning to pan to the left and walk away from this grave to go stand next to them, when the voice comes in and asks, "Goin' Home?" just as i begin walking.  to me, this was the clearest evidence i'd ever encountered of life after death since 1) i captured this evidence myself and i know it was legitimately documented and 2) it is contemporary, meaning it's responding to something happening at that moment, suggesting some sort of intelligence. 

good stuff.

MV/Liberace!

and by the way... congratulations to the ghost investigators society for so many years of credible, unimpeachable work.  there are few other investigators out there who are unwilling to profit from what they're doing.  there's always a dollar being made somewhere along the line... but not with the GIS.  they really do solid work, and i'd far prefer to watch one of their investigations than the stuff we're forced to see on the sci-fi channel.  here is one example of why i feel the ghost hunters on sci-fi are tainted:
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

EvB

Impressive analysis . 

GOD I'm so glad we're back (and I never thought I'd say that - but you see - I'd been reduced to SuperPoke Pets as my online distraction.)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: EvB on November 26, 2009, 02:54:33 PM
Impressive analysis . 

GOD I'm so glad we're back (and I never thought I'd say that - but you see - I'd been reduced to SuperPoke Pets as my online distraction.)
i had resorted just to random bouts of nose picking, and picking at my scabs.

antijamsect

I appreciate the GIS for what it is, and I do think they are credible, but they are still one of my least favorite guests on C2C.  It was interesting maybe the first couple times I heard them on the show, but I can only listen to so many hours of ghost talk repeated so many times.  I get it, EVPs exist.  I don't need to hear 1000 variations on the same theme.  Maybe if they ever had anything new to talk about it would be a different story.  I understand it is new to someone every time they are on the show, but I'm totally over it.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: antijamsect on December 02, 2009, 09:59:05 AM
I appreciate the GIS for what it is, and I do think they are credible, but they are still one of my least favorite guests on C2C.  It was interesting maybe the first couple times I heard them on the show, but I can only listen to so many hours of ghost talk repeated so many times.  I get it, EVPs exist.  I don't need to hear 1000 variations on the same theme.  Maybe if they ever had anything new to talk about it would be a different story.  I understand it is new to someone every time they are on the show, but I'm totally over it.

wow, i'd say our opinions are 180 degrees away from one another on this one.  they are probably the only guests who DO get me to listen to c2c these days.  i just don't get tired of them.  however, i completely understand why someone would feel the way you feel.  it's just that the supernatural is something i'm slightly obsessed by as a subject, and they deliver every time (at least for me).

MABUSE

Quote from: MV on December 02, 2009, 11:42:50 AM
wow, i'd say our opinions are 180 degrees away from one another on this one.  they are probably the only guests who DO get me to listen to c2c these days.  i just don't get tired of them.  however, i completely understand why someone would feel the way you feel.  it's just that the supernatural is something i'm slightly obsessed by as a subject, and they deliver every time (at least for me).

I'm not being fatuous, I hope, but has Hoaxland ever weighed in on EVPs and cooked up some half-assed way of shoehorning them into his unified Dreck theory?  I've never heard him make a "walk-on" during one of GIS' appearances, thus my enquiry.  If he HAS, how did GIS deal with him?

MV/Liberace!

haha, no, i don't think hoagland ever figured a way to inject himself into their spot.  i think ed dames might have, though.