• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Spooky wise owl knows many things, for he flies by night, in the dark, and his eyes shine bright.

Fun show all the way, Dave and Winnie.

Doomed

Quote from: dsz on May 17, 2018, 12:56:07 AM
Well, at least we know Heather's middle and ring fingers aren't fused together.

No no! Don't mess with those. You don't know where they've been.

Quote from: painter17 on May 17, 2018, 12:42:05 AM
Mothman  was pt pleasant Wv... not Ohio

Well, Ohio does claim the first mothman sighting. The grave digger sighting. It's very disputable though

actually i misrembered and it was just somewhere outside of pt pleasant

Exile

Late Night in the Midlands Network. Never heard of it until Heather landed there.

You can find a listen to live link at www.artbelllegacy.com

I tuned in to the start of the show. Sounded to me like she's broadcasting over a cell phone. Sound quality was very low.

sydtron

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 17, 2018, 12:30:42 AM
The question though comes from cultural impact. Betty and Barney Hill for example seemed to see something that aligned with sci fi of the period. But, Barney Hill did die of cancer and there were those radiation questions. At the same time, are the abductions in other countries different? Do they culturally align? I have a book of oddball accounts from the Roman Empire where augurs and mystics would write down bizarre occurrences happening in the Empire. There were talking cows, humans giving birth to chickens, meteorites falling from the sky and performing miracles, but no alien abductions. Why is that? It's a fascinating question, if from an anthropological perspective.

Well. For the Roman Empire at least, you could argue Lead poisoning.

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 17, 2018, 12:34:05 AM
I guess the copy and paste didn’t like the tilde in the url

I got to the page the old-fashioned way.  Typing.  Read it and then my internet went out.
I wasn't familiar with the Boas story.
May be more well-known now than it was then.

G'night to all who are going.

painter17

Oh..., cool... I didn’t know that....I thought he was talking specifically about Pt Pleasant in that story before when he said Ohio....

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Tommie Knocker on May 16, 2018, 11:06:11 PM
Taken from LNM discord

ufogoblin - Today at 1:03 AM
Art's soul has definitely taken up residence within heather. and this may be controversial but i do believe that heather is entitled to his property now because of that.. but she probably wont take it, too humble

So I guess Art's widow and children are entitled to nothing.

that's got to be someone just having a good laugh.  it's got to be.

Spookcat

Have a good night everyone. >^^<

SciFiAuthor

Holy fuck, switched to Heater. HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 17, 2018, 12:51:33 AM
What would be really crazy is if the aliens showed up as pterodactyls. Harkens back to the very old days when miners claimed to have pterodactyls coming out of mines. That one died long ago.

PrairieGhost

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 17, 2018, 01:08:21 AM

I just switched over and the white noise is crazy loud.

SpookyTim

Heater Chat is the best thing in the world right now.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: PrairieGhost on May 17, 2018, 01:10:20 AM
I just switched over and the white noise is crazy loud.

Yeah, what the hell is causing that?

sydtron

Quote from: chefist on May 17, 2018, 12:39:24 AM
Channel 11...after Benny Hill.

FUCKING A!! WTTW!
Did you ever see the Max Headroom incident?

zeebo

Quote from: whoozit on May 17, 2018, 12:56:50 AM
Squirrels do have certain innate biases against owls.

Not since I left the woods for a nice condo in town.

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 17, 2018, 01:08:21 AM

I've got a decent feed. 
Damn me for turning it back on. :-\

chefist

Quote from: mv1 on May 17, 2018, 01:07:20 AM

A good time was had by all.

painter17

Heather and Art’s soul are now two ciggerettes fused together as one... where. do I get to these comments? What’s the discord link?

Quote from: painter17 on May 17, 2018, 01:06:28 AM
Oh..., cool... I didn’t know that....I thought he was talking specifically about Pt Pleasant in that story before when he said Ohio....

i think you're right it's still in west virginia. But there was this town a little while away that has this plaque set up and everything, about the "place where mothman has first been seen" but the gave digging sighting was hard to source.

I got this book recently called "Mothman: pure evil" by loren coleman which is kind of terrible honestly. But it goes on a lot about how after the movie they got a pretty decent tourism boom from this stuff.

Quote from: zeebo on May 17, 2018, 01:11:42 AM
Not since I left the woods for a nice condo in town.

LOL.

Quote from: mv1 on May 17, 2018, 01:07:20 AM

Who can say for certain.. I will say though that "Keith Rowland" showing up in the chat has certainly been the highlight of my evening.  :D

dsz

Quote from: chefist on May 17, 2018, 01:11:54 AM
A good time was had by all.

Except Heather's electronics. They've sounded angry all week.

GravitySucks

Adair is such an idiot he has no clue what Lagrangian points are.

Quote from: Skeleton Jelly on May 17, 2018, 01:13:05 AM
i think you're right it's still in west virginia. But there was this town a little while away that has this plaque set up and everything, about the "place where mothman has first been seen" but the gave digging sighting was hard to source.

I got this book recently called "Mothman: pure evil" by loren coleman which is kind of terrible honestly. But it goes on a lot about how after the movie they got a pretty decent tourism boom from this stuff.

I went there once shortly after the movie was released.  It was a grey, foggy rainy day.  Place was creepy to be honest.  I remember going to a park, shrouded with fog,  commemorating an Indian battle that took place there.  Got the heeby-jeebies and got out of there fast.

teknoslag

Just turned on Trainwreck in the Desert. LNM really pulled out all the stops, didn't they? Sounds like they've got Heathers broadcasting live from a sauna.

chefist

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 17, 2018, 01:16:33 AM
I went there once shortly after the movie was released.  It was a grey, foggy rainy day.  Place was creepy to be honest.  I remember going to a park, shrouded with fog,  commemorating an Indian battle that took place there.  Got the heeby-jeebies and got out of there fast.

Chief Corncob or something like that?

SpookyTim

Quote from: teknoslag on May 17, 2018, 01:17:05 AM
Just turned on Trainwreck in the Desert. LNM really pulled out all the stops, didn't they? Sounds like they've got Heathers broadcasting live from a sauna.

It's actually less hissy than it was, believe it or not.