• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Hussein is Desperate and Shrill - He Lost - Again

Started by Ruteger, October 16, 2012, 07:33:20 PM

Quote from: Zircon on October 19, 2012, 01:29:49 PM
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2012/10/17/cnn-and-the-obama-administration-weapons-of-misdirection/

Good stuff.  It seemed just a little too slick, even watching it in real-time.  Obama was just a little too smug (and do I dare add 'smirk', or do only the R's do that?) about a coverup that should destroy his Presidency - and he and his moderator seemed just a bit too staged with their little back and forth.  And I remember wondering how he knew to walk over to that guy before he was even called to ask the next question

I love the new media - not only has it helped take down the Soviet Union, but it's working it's way through China now too.  And it has def loostened the US media's grip on controlling information here.

Kind of interesting - the Lib and Leftist candidates for office have to lie about who they are and what they believe and feel like they need to cheat when they can to get elected.   Other than some of the safe seats like Maxine Waters in LA, Barney Frank in Boston, Barbara Lee in Berkeley - they are pretty honest about who the are most of the time.

The Conservatives pretty much just say they are for limited government and personal responsibility - no lying, no hiding - and when they do that they win.

Blinko

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 19, 2012, 07:07:01 PM
Kind of interesting - the Lib and Leftist candidates for office have to lie about who they are and what they believe and feel like they need to cheat when they can to get elected.   Other than some of the safe seats like Maxine Waters in LA, Barney Frank in Boston, Barbara Lee in Berkeley - they are pretty honest about who the are most of the time.

The Conservatives pretty much just say they are for limited government and personal responsibility - no lying, no hiding - and when they do that they win.

I think both sides are lying

Has Romney been completely honest about who he is?

I don't really like either of these people , It's a shame that these are the best leaders that corporate private funding can sponsor for us to to choose from.

We are called upon once every four years to punch a hole in a ticket thereby selecting two nearly identical candidates from the business party , and the illusionary culture of difference between these two parties is so deeply imbeded in the american psyche by way of propaganda that we actually waste our energy pretending these choices matter.

We also pretend we are members of these parties. I think the whole system is a joke and the joke is on us.

Both parties will do this to you

Take away your basic rights on a whim if they feel you are a threat.

Use your money to bail out their wealthy friends who are in danger of suffering the consequences of their own financial misdealings

Send you or your children to die in some unfounded pointless war that furthers the interests of private wealth before public safety

Sell you the lie that the government holds your best interests at heart.

All Bullshit, Both parties are guilty. These are some very prosaic examples given hastily, if you really look into it you see how sick the whole system is.

I've already given the example of the ex/im bank

You can look into the case of subidised corn and the harm its caused.

You can look into the case Haliburton ripping off tax payers to the tune of Millions , rebuilding Iraq for Dollars on the Penny.( They were actually investigated for this with no penalty levied)

You can look into the Hurricane Katrina debacle where the government couldnt provide housing for the multitude of displaced people, but they could provide military contractors to patrol the city at public expense ( Blackwater )

You can look at the governments refusal at the behest of massive pressure from private wealth to Label FOOD for fucks sake , why is this even in question....

on and on it goes.

Both sides are dishonest, both sides serve private wealth before public interest and meanwhile the true great power in the world , you and me, the people at large waste our energy arguing over shit like which party is better.

Blinko

Behold one of our great and honest leaders in all his altruist glory.

Observe as Paul Ryan washes already clean dishes in a soup kitchen that was closed for the night. But that doesnt stop him from making good on the photo op.

What a joke

Same is true for Romney , Same is True for Obama , Same is true for Biden, Same is True for Politics.

Blinko

and just so you don't think I'm partisan here is an even worse example.

From 2010 , a story that got little press understandably....

Obama announces military aide will resume to Indonesia.

So what is military aide and why does it matter? Military aide doesn't mean that if you find yourself in a pickle we'll send the marines in to help you out. What It means is that to the huge benefit of private wealth and private companies , Arms sales will resume to one of the most egregious human rights offenders of the 21st century.

Massive private arms manufacturers like Raytheon, Lockheed Martin, Boeing who are all deeply subsidised , they likely wouldnt exist for two seconds without a huge public subsidy , these companies get to benefit bigtime by selling weapons that they didnt have to pay to produce (you and I paid for them ) because the cost is socialized. But the profit ? That's all private.

And they make BIG BUCKS selling weapons to murderous regimes everywhere .

Obama is guilty of ignoring human rights when there is a buck to be made. And that makes him no different from any American president in the modern era.

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/jul/23/world/la-fg-0723-indonesia-obama-20100723

And in case you don't know about America's history with Indonesia .....see below.

Noam Chomsky: Manufacturing Consent 4 of 9

P.S. Please read all this , watch the video then tell yourself.... Obama is a Nobel Peace Prize Winner.

and deservedly so considering he is in the Company of Jimmy Carter and Arafat.

Sardondi

Ah, Brother Noam. I agree: the American political process is just too corrupt. My advice is not to sully yourself with being a part of the foul practice of politics, but remain apart and pristine. Continue to listen to and contemplate the inspired teachings of Brother Noam. This world is simply too foul for the beautiful ones - please don't give in.

Blinko

There are no pristine ones.

If giving in equals taking part.

Then I would encourage you to give in , and I think Noam would also.

The question here is where and how.

How do we take part and where do we direct our energies.

Noam isnt entirely opposed to taking part in the political system and neither am I , as he once said , to paraphrase.

Small differences in the two parties can lead to large outcomes.

If I have a point , it's that we should ultimately transcend party politics and progress toward some collective vision we can all appreciate.

you can hear it from Bernie Sanders if you dont like Chomksy.

Listen to an independent in the current government spell out exactly how corrupt our system is.

The American People Are Angry

Or you can delve into history and hear the same thing from Charles Lindbergh

Charles Lindbergh's - September 11, 1941 Des Moines Speech

and there are more examples if you look for them . We are caught in a political trap meant to keep us focused on things that don't matter , while the powers that be continue to run our lives as they see fit , ostensibly with our consent.

When the choices are so poor and the public so divided and focused on minutia as it obviously is , I hardly see the current system as a government by consent.

But don't let these obvious facts keep you from believing you are a Republican, Democrat, American Citizen or Pentacostal snake handler...

Sure you belong to something and you believe in something and apparently it means dick because it isn't working.

If it were , then what's the problem?

Is the problem that your party guy isn't in office?

Well then what was the problem when your party guy was in office?

Was it that your party guy inherited the bad guy's country , poorly run during the previous potus term....

round and round it goes , all these contrived arguments are prepared for you all you have to do is hop on the political merry go round and enjoy the scenery...

P.S.  Are any of you actually interested in a continuing discourse here? or is it all AD Hominem attacks? Seriously if you are going to ignore the message in favor of attacking the messenger then what's the point in pretending this is a real discussion.

Is this a real discussion?

What arbitor is sufficient to hear how fucked up things are?

Quote from: Blinko on October 20, 2012, 01:45:40 AM
... How do we take part and where do we direct our energies...

There is a certain amount of truth in your posts, although we may disagree on some of the details.  You may have already read my posts about taking power and cash away from the national politicians, bringing all our troops home from everywhere (allthough not just an immediate abrupt destabilizing pullout), and ending entitlements - especially SS (again not abruptly leaving needy people high and dry).  That solves a lot of the problems you listed.

I'm not registered as a Republican, I registered as an Independent. To me these parties are merely vehicles to use to carry out policies I'd like to see implemented, not 'teams' to root for.

Having said that, there is not one single D on the national scene that I like (there may be a few in the House I'm not familiar with).  There were a few but they disgraced themselves voting for Obamacare.  I don't like many or most of the R's either.  Carter had easily been the worst President in modern times, then George W Bush came along and was far worse.  The only reason I didn't vote D in 2004 was because the D's managed to find a traitor to run against him.  I think at least W Bush mostly meant well, it was a bad confluence of incompetence, arrogance, listening to the wrong people in how to deal with 9/11, trying to get along with the Ds on things like Education and Medicare, cutting taxes at the wrong time and without cutting spending, and not really having much of political philosophy - to me, and as it turned out, a 'Compassionate Conservative' was nothing more than another Big Government Republican, i.e., a RINO.

As far as I can see, the only way we possibly dig ourselves out and get back on track is for the Conservatives and TEA Party types to become the majority in the R Party, and have that R Party become the majority in Congress and take the White House.  Romney is not that guy, but he's better than Obama and may be sufficiently concerned to actually implement Conservative fiscal and monetary policies.  I think his business experience is a big plus.  I don't think people understand how disasterous our $16 Trillion national debt is (not to mention the coming crisis in SS and Medicare and govt pensions, and Obamacare if that is not repealed - things that aren't even included in the National Debt yet), or what the consequences are of continuing to pile that up.  4 more years of Obama WILL destroy the currency.  Theeconomy WILL continue to be what it has been the past 4 years, if not worse.  It may be too late to fix any of this now no matter who is in office, but keeping Obama guarantees it. 

Juan

Social Security is the anaconda waiting in the tree to drop down and choke the life out of all of us.  I don't think it serves the reformers well to refer to it as an "entitlement."  That sounds like welfare. 

Social Security was sold as an investment program, where the government would take "contributions" from you and your employer, invest them in a trust fund, and pay you during your retirement.  Of course all of that turned out to be lies.

At the same time, you're going to play hell getting someone like me, who's paid in 15% of his income for 45-years, to give up getting it back.  Back in 1980, I supported Libertarian Ed Clark for president.  His economic team, including Dr. Walter E. Williams, proposed a social security reform plan that made the break at age 40.  Everyone over 40 would continue to pay social security, and would receive the benefits as a general tax obligation.  Everyone under 40 would be free to invest in various private enterprises.  Remember in 1980 there were no IRAs and very, very few 401k plans.  How does the Romney/Ryan plan, making the break at 55 add up?  I'd like to see more real data.  Ed Clark had a white paper on his play - does Romney?  Of course, President Obama's plan seems to be more of the same.

Quote from: UFO Fill on October 20, 2012, 06:12:23 AM
... At the same time, you're going to play hell getting someone like me, who's paid in 15% of his income for 45-years, to give up getting it back...

Well yeah, me too.  But how does that $1200 bucks a month (or whatever it is) mean if it buys nothing?  What happens when no one will lend the Federal Govt (or State and Local Govts) another penny (no more bond purchases), or if the interest rate is prohibitive, or if it's loaned and repaid in a foreign currency like Swiss Francs or Canadian or Australian dollars, or even Chinese yen?  What about when the same thing happens when it's time to roll over existing debt?  Or foreigners won't take it when we want to buy their products - like oil?

My dad told me early on to not ever put myself in a position of reliance on govt for anything and to believe no promises.  Sound advice.  I'd say you and I have been massively ripped off - those were nothing more than regressive payroll taxes.  The taxes they took from us funded the military security of the entire world over the past 50 years.  Our taxes were poured into the inner city and created the current nightmare there.  Everyone working subsidized our farmers so they could sell low cost food to the rest of the world.  On and on.  This will end - we can start now and try to ease things along, or everything can just collapse.  It's already collapsing.

Walter Williams is a good guy and a smart economist.  Thomas Sowell too.  Too bad no one listened 30 years ago.