• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Video Gaming

Started by trostol, December 20, 2015, 02:08:47 AM

trostol

what do you play? what do you suggest? how about a be all thread for it if you are into it

presently play the mighty awesome Fallout 4 along with GTA 5 for like the 5th time

always looking for a new 4x strat game for the PC too

norland2424

damn didn't see your thread before i made one, im currently playing fallout 4 and a strat pc game called darkest hour

trostol

darkest hour sounds familiar...last strat game i played was Endless Space..not bad but sort of a steep learning curve...

Rix Gins

I've been playing Skyrim for awhile.  Yeah it's a dinosaur of a game but still fun.  I take pride in the fact that I'm closing in on my 2nd million $'s worth of gold.  lol

trostol

Quote from: Rix Gins on December 20, 2015, 02:54:07 AM
I've been playing Skyrim for awhile.  Yeah it's a dinosaur of a game but still fun.  I take pride in the fact that I'm closing in on my 2nd million $'s worth of gold.  lol

nice..i need to get back into that..rumor has been about for a bit now its being re-worked to come over to the x1 and PS4...

norland2424

Quote from: trostol on December 20, 2015, 03:02:11 AM
nice..i need to get back into that..rumor has been about for a bit now its being re-worked to come over to the x1 and PS4...

i heard it was ported for xb1 as a foundation for fallout 4

trostol

Quote from: norland2424 on December 20, 2015, 03:04:46 AM
i heard it was ported for xb1 as a foundation for fallout 4

not like bethesda needs the money but if/when it gets ported its gonna make a killing...cause i will indeed buy it again lol

norland2424

Quote from: trostol on December 20, 2015, 03:05:56 AM
not like bethesda needs the money but if/when it gets ported its gonna make a killing...cause i will indeed buy it again lol

well ill be happy if they just make it backwards compatible on xb1

trostol

Quote from: norland2424 on December 20, 2015, 03:07:41 AM
well ill be happy if they just make it backwards compatible on xb1

i am sure that will come sooner...hoping that and RDR go backwards compatible

Quote from: Rix Gins on December 20, 2015, 02:54:07 AM

Dovahkiin, is that you? I loved me some Skyrim.

trostol

site i currently love more then i should..gog.com

Skyrim, Fallout, Mass Effect, Battlefied, GTA, PS4 user. I also sketch what I use for my avatar icon.

Dr. MD MD

I love video games but am definitely more of retro gamer, as my most current system is a Nintendo Wii.  8)

trostol

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 20, 2015, 03:20:19 AM
I love video games but am definitely more of retro gamer as my most current system is a Nintendo Wii.  8)

thats fine..talk all about it lol havent had a nintendo system since SNES lol

norland2424

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 20, 2015, 03:20:19 AM
I love video games but am definitely more of retro gamer, as my most current system is a Nintendo Wii.  8)

get out of here  >:( >:( JK i think my last Nintendo console was n64  ;D

trostol

Quote from: norland2424 on December 20, 2015, 03:24:49 AM
get out of here  >:( >:( JK i think my last Nintendo console was n64  ;D

lol got me beat..unless emulators count

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: trostol on December 20, 2015, 03:20:56 AM
thats fine..talk all about it lol havent had a nintendo system since SNES lol

It's always the same story with Nintendo: A great first party system but a glut of third party shovelware. I'm ok with that as long as the core first party games provide you with enough breadth of experience and Nintendo usually always at least covers that. I think the SNES is my favorite system of that generation though.

trostol

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 20, 2015, 03:26:10 AM
It's always the same story with Nintendo: A great first party system but a glut of third party shovelware. I'm ok with that as long as the core first party games provide you with enough breadth of experience and Nintendo usually always at least covers that. I think the SNES is my favorite system of that generation though.

that usually is their MO..and they always seem to have a system thats a generation behind..and they have yet another system coming...they really should stick to handhelds or developing for other systems lol

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: trostol on December 20, 2015, 03:26:06 AM
lol got me beat..unless emulators count

I do a lot of emulation on my computer. I'm using openemu for OSX mostly. I also picked up a cheap PSP awhile back and loaded a memory stick up with retro system emulators.

Coffeeman

I've been playing the hell out of OpenXCOM http://openxcom.org
Those guys have done some impressive stuff making the game work on modern PCs.

Quote from: trostol on December 20, 2015, 03:14:04 AM
site i currently love more then i should..gog.com

I went on a buying spree and got Fallout 1-2, Jagged Alliance 1-2, God...what else...Baldur's Gate, Planescape Torment...I haven't done that in years. I kind of hate buying old games because in many cases all that exists is the property rights held by some or other; the original developers are long gone. But...GoG's stuff always works on modern PC's.

trostol

trostol

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 20, 2015, 03:29:34 AM
I do a lot of emulation on my computer. I'm using openemu for OSX mostly. I also picked up a cheap PSP awhile back and loaded a memory stick up with retro system emulators.

nice..last emulator i had was dolphin..n64 one..but that was quickly taking up a ton of disk space

Has anyone followed the drama that is Gamer Gate?

trostol

Quote from: Coffeeman on December 20, 2015, 03:30:31 AM
I've been playing the hell out of OpenXCOM http://openxcom.org
Those guys have done some impressive stuff making the game work on modern PCs.

I went on a buying spree and got Fallout 1-2, Jagged Alliance 1-2, God...what else...Baldur's Gate, Planescape Torment...I haven't done that in years. I kind of hate buying old games because in many cases all that exists is the property rights held by some or other; the original developers are long gone. But...GoG's stuff always works on modern PC's.

love gog...you could get lost for hours browsing all the old shtuff they got..i got all the old gold box D&D games when they were on sale a few months ago

norland2424

Quote from: rekcuf on December 20, 2015, 03:33:24 AM

get back in the kitchen rekcuf... lol

trostol

Quote from: rekcuf on December 20, 2015, 03:33:24 AM

ugh..i followed it..then avoided it..and she (Zoe) is going to make a killing cause she is/has wrote a book and its being made into a movie

norland2424

Quote from: trostol on December 20, 2015, 03:33:51 AM
love gog...you could get lost for hours browsing all the old shtuff they got..i got all the old gold box D&D games when they were on sale a few months ago

you should look at freespace 2.