• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Quote from: ItsTelly on January 21, 2018, 05:35:30 PM
Major (retired) Ed Dames, Whitley Strieber, Glynis McCants, Linda Mouton Howe, and Evylin Paglini

Evylin Paglini was fantastic!  And right on the money too!  She never repeated herself. 

Linda Moulton Howe is good.  She really does her homework.

Glynis McCants- she ripped off a book (Daniel Millman's The Life You Were Born to Live, one of his many books) and twists it into nonsense (and her entire career).

Whitley Strieber - I like Whitley but its the same thing over and over and over again. Geez, I mean, how many times can a guy talk about ONE anal probe?

Ed Dames- just a fraud.  Has anything he said ever come true?  Is he a Major in the same way Captain Crunch is a Captain?

What a bunch of garbage.  The only person on that list who wasn't both annoying and a complete fraud was Linda Howe.  And a lot of her stuff was junk too.

You left out Josh Pee Warren, the bullshit ghost recorders, and the phony Nostradamos guy

Robert

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on January 21, 2018, 07:49:38 PMThe only person on that list who wasn't both annoying and a complete fraud was Linda Howe.  And a lot of her stuff was junk too.
Hell, if you want to go by the criterion of a lot of its being junk, you might as well not listen to this entire genre of audio program.  Or any kind of talk for that matter.

Quote from: Robert on January 21, 2018, 07:56:14 PM
Hell, if you want to go by the criterion of a lot of its being junk, you might as well not listen to this entire genre of audio program.  Or any kind of talk for that matter.

* Ding

It was a good time for awhile, but at some point it started getting repetitive.  The particular guests mentioned above were so obnoxious they should not have had second interviews.  And add Hoagland to that list.

ItsTelly

I've never listened to Hoaxland.  He has parlayed the thinest gruel of experience (he claims he was Walter Cronkites science advisor during the moon landing- 50 years ago) into a money tree...so i guess good for him. It's likely he would instantly vaporize in the presence of a real scientist like Stanton Friedman or Michio Kaiku because at that point he would know the game is up...fortunately for him, Snoory only throws softballs.

We're agreed on Joshua Pee Warren.  I predict in the presence of an actual demon Josh would promptly shit his pants and run for the hills...

"but at some point it started getting repetitive." Brother, you ain't a kiddin'...

For example: Glynis McCants not only says the same shit over and over and over again. Ever notice that Snoory asks the same god-damned questions to the same guests over and over and over again?  At this point Glynis has been on what like 10x over the past 2 years?  Each and every interview she asks George what his birthday is.  Rather than stop this (as in: "you dumb bitch, this is the 10th time you've asked me that; don't you have it memorized by now?"), good 'ol George plays along.  She then does his numbers and pronounces that he would be good in communication and should consider a career in TV or radio. Gee, I mean, who'd have thought????

To make a bad situation worse, George then expresses his 'surprise' and 'amazement' at how accurate her numbers system really is. 

Christ, I've heard more sophisticated discussions on Hee Haw.

albrecht

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on January 21, 2018, 07:49:38 PM
What a bunch of garbage.  The only person on that list who wasn't both annoying and a complete fraud was Linda Howe.  And a lot of her stuff was junk too.

You left out Josh Pee Warren, the bullshit ghost recorders, and the phony Nostradamos guy
Kathleen Keating was good. (What ever happened to her??)
Father Martin was good.
(If you are into that kind of thing but even if not was good radio.)
LMH was good and RCH, at times when he was reigned in by Art or LMH was good radio (like when they had frantic broadcasts about some "emergency" in Antarctica etc.
The guy who hated animals was awesome. (Who would've thought that DEER are looking to kill you and even, in once odd circumstance here in Texas, would fight off a cop and "protect" a dead body the buck killed.) And you pets, forget about it, they are coming after you as soon as they can!

And in the inadvertent "guests" like Mel, Mr.Fidget, etc.

WOTR

Quote from: Robtheacidghost on January 21, 2018, 06:49:43 PM
I don't know. The host and the producer probably work together to find guests. How the work is divided must depend on the host. Heather gives the impression that she actively looks for prospective guests. Noory, on the other hand, gives the impression that his producer does ALL of the work.
he  gives the impression that his producer does all of the leg work to research and book guests.  Then he gives the impression that the writer of his 3X5 cards does all of the work to interview them.  He just shows up like a good puppet acing  as the dummy with the ventriloquist telling him what to say.

Quote from: albrecht on January 21, 2018, 10:13:53 PM
Kathleen Keating was good. (What ever happened to her??)
Father Martin was good.
(If you are into that kind of thing but even if not was good radio.)
LMH was good and RCH, at times when he was reigned in by Art or LMH was good radio (like when they had frantic broadcasts about some "emergency" in Antarctica etc.
The guy who hated animals was awesome. (Who would've thought that DEER are looking to kill you and even, in once odd circumstance here in Texas, would fight off a cop and "protect" a dead body the buck killed.) And you pets, forget about it, they are coming after you as soon as they can!

And in the inadvertent "guests" like Mel, Mr.Fidget, etc.

I don't recall Art having very many guests like that after handing the show over to Noory and filling in part time.

It seemed to me that with far fewer shows he could focus on the topics and guests he liked best.  Which were not the shows I liked best.  I assume Father Martin would have been around if he hadn't died, and that would have been good, but the other regulars were awful - I never listened to Whitely, Hoagie, Dames, et. al.  There were no more Mels or the other fun oddballs that used to show up, instead we got New Agers like Starfire Tor, life after death and consciousness shows, various flavors of ''psychics'', and so on.  I rarely listened past the first hour.

PaulAtreides

Quote from: WhiteCrow on January 21, 2018, 07:20:46 PM
I'm really enjoying Heathers show lately.  She is refreshing honest.  I like her open mindedness.  She is doing a great job.

Love ALL

Yes, Heather has improved.  I resubscribed.  She's stopped the Trumpshit and even dissed him the other night.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PaulAtreides on January 22, 2018, 06:26:24 AM
Yes, Heather has improved.  I resubscribed.  She's stopped the Trumpshit and even dissed him the other night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N73840RcgYw

This was yet another problem with Noory. It seemed like every time I tried to listen to Coast to Coast after he took over, Glenys MCants was on. Every time. Every two weeks. Indeed, she did the same material. each time. Before I turned it OFF, I could never figure out if it was a re-run or she was doing the same act again.

As has been pointed out, her numerology system system was not unique. It was a carbon copy of the numerology in every New Age book published in the last 200 years. IIRC, Eliphas Levi had already published the same thing in the 1800s, and his numerology was a modern interpretation of the Greco-Roman system which was the same as the Babylonian system. Her gimmick, which itself is a rip-off of somebody else's trick, is that she is the numerologist of Holywood Celebrities.

It got me wondering who even likes her. Well, turns out that my neighbor, a widow who was suffering from dementia and had 20 cats loved Glenys McCants. She would sit alone in her house all day replaying the same broadcast.

I agree that guests Mel Waters and Bugs from Texas who shot Bigfoot made the show.  And it was fun to watch other weird guests crash and burn like the "want to take a ride" guy with the Roswell Gray in his freezer and DAnyon Brinkley who rewrote his story every time he was caught in a lie. Not sure how many of the audience picked up on that, but for those who did, it was comedic.

If Heather starts attracting random guests like that, the show would be more interesting.

Quote from: ItsTelly on January 21, 2018, 09:53:55 PM
I've never listened to Hoaxland.  He has parlayed the thinest gruel of experience (he claims he was Walter Cronkites science advisor during the moon landing- 50 years ago) into a money tree...so i guess good for him. It's likely he would instantly vaporize in the presence of a real scientist like Stanton Friedman or Michio Kaiku because at that point he would know the game is up...fortunately for him, Snoory only throws softballs.

We're agreed on Joshua Pee Warren.  I predict in the presence of an actual demon Josh would promptly shit his pants and run for the hills...

"but at some point it started getting repetitive." Brother, you ain't a kiddin'...

For example: Glynis McCants not only says the same shit over and over and over again. Ever notice that Snoory asks the same god-damned questions to the same guests over and over and over again?  At this point Glynis has been on what like 10x over the past 2 years?  Each and every interview she asks George what his birthday is.  Rather than stop this (as in: "you dumb bitch, this is the 10th time you've asked me that; don't you have it memorized by now?"), good 'ol George plays along.  She then does his numbers and pronounces that he would be good in communication and should consider a career in TV or radio. Gee, I mean, who'd have thought????

To make a bad situation worse, George then expresses his 'surprise' and 'amazement' at how accurate her numbers system really is. 

Christ, I've heard more sophisticated discussions on Hee Haw.

WhiteCrow

Tonight's show shuore was great.  Thanks Heather!

ItsTelly

Ok, you all have convinced me.  I will give Heather and MITD another shot.  It's only 5 bucks and really she can't be worse than Snorry at this point.  The bar is indeed set low.

However, the second she books Glynis McCants as a guest I am out of there.  I'm serious.

Haunted Hawaii seems good from last week.  We will see.

Telly

WhiteCrow

Quote from: ItsTelly on January 23, 2018, 01:44:44 PM
Ok, you all have convinced me.  I will give Heather and MITD another shot.  It's only 5 bucks and really she can't be worse than Snorry at this point.  The bar is indeed set low.

However, the second she books Glynis McCants as a guest I am out of there.  I'm serious.

Haunted Hawaii seems good from last week.  We will see.

Telly

Great.  Last night's show on crystal caves was fascinating. 

Roswells, Art

Quote from: PaulAtreides on January 22, 2018, 06:26:24 AM

I seem to recall her first few shows that I listened to she seemed kind of anti-trump. I think she realized Art wasn't then became a Trump supporter. Pretty huge change. Her politics seemed more along the lines of Bernie supporters for a few shows. She will do or say anything to get what she wants. She should stick to Trump.

Fyodor Gutman

She has no ideas of her own. It isn't more complicated than that.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Roswells, Art on January 23, 2018, 04:55:27 PM
I seem to recall her first few shows that I listened to she seemed kind of anti-trump. I think she realized Art wasn't then became a Trump supporter. Pretty huge change. Her politics seemed more along the lines of Bernie supporters for a few shows. She will do or say anything to get what she wants. She should stick to Trump.

I noticed that too and I consider the source. Heather is an entertainer. She is improving and is getting some good guests.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Fyodor Gutman on January 23, 2018, 06:09:50 PM
She has no ideas of her own. It isn't more complicated than that.

Who does? Well except me..

The prime mover "God" set the Universe's maximum speed limit at the speed of light. There can never be any travel between stars. Geez what happen when the Europeans rediscovered America? Vast spread of fatal Diseases that some estimate killed 90% of the population. Can't imagine those aliens surviving  in our shit hole world for long. The Prime Mover is no fool  . Their are no friendly watchful aliens protecting us from a self inflicted nuclear holocaust. We're on our own.

Love ALL

WhiteCrow

I'd say Heather has evolved in her thinking.  Really, give her a try again.  She is so superior to the other late night radio guys. 

This is WhiteCrow.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: WhiteCrow on January 23, 2018, 07:35:25 PM
I'd say Heather has evolved in her thinking.  Really, give her a try again.  She is so superior to the other late night radio guys. 

This is WhiteCrow.

What other late night guys? ???

Fyodor Gutman

Quote from: WhiteCrow on January 23, 2018, 07:35:25 PM

This is WhiteCrow.

If I want to hear amateur hour there are a few college radio stations in my city.

At least those kids are trying and not part of some Make-A-Wish effort.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Fyodor Gutman on January 23, 2018, 09:48:29 PM
If I want to hear amateur hour there are a few college radio stations in my city.

I wish I wish upon a fish that you would listen to MITD for a week and provide your insightful feedback.

Love ALL

Tinfoil_Helm

Quote from: Fyodor Gutman on January 23, 2018, 09:48:29 PM

SERIOUSLY.  Is it like a Make-A-Wish situation.  Except at some point the rest of us are allowed to move on, but not with Heather, nope.  It's a Make-A-Nightmare with Heather.  If they gave us a substitute host now and then, it would become painfully obvious how bad she is.

She has no ideas of her own, and if she did, she wouldn't be able to pronounce them properly.

ItsOver

Quote from: WhiteCrow on January 24, 2018, 03:18:39 AM
I wish I wish upon a fish that you would listen to MITD for a week and provide your insightful feedback.

Love ALL
Is Art back on MITD? 

Quote from: Tinfoil_Helm on January 24, 2018, 09:22:17 AM...
She has no ideas of her own, ...
I prefer to see the host draw out other people's ideas, get them to explain them, and then poke holes in them and to give them enough rope to hang themselves.

Once the host starts preaching , I'm done.

Robert

Quote from: Robtheacidghost on January 24, 2018, 10:21:07 AMI prefer to see the host draw out other people's ideas, get them to explain them, and then poke holes in them and to give them enough rope to hang themselves.

C'est ca.

Tinfoil_Helm

Quote from: Robert on January 24, 2018, 09:57:09 AM
But is that a m.c.'s job?

To be able to think for yourself and complete a sentence?  Yeah, probably.

Tinfoil_Helm

Quote from: Robtheacidghost on January 24, 2018, 10:21:07 AM
I prefer to see the host draw out other people's ideas, get them to explain them, and then poke holes in them and to give them enough rope to hang themselves.

I'm not talking about Heather editorializing, I'm talking about how she parrots Art and regurgitates Fox News talking points.

ItsTelly

"I wish I wish upon a fish that you would listen to MITD for a week and provide your insightful feedback."

Ok, I promise to give (constructive) feedback after 1 week of listening.  I have high hopes.  You'd think after 2+ years at doing something nightly Heather would be better.  We'll see.

"I prefer to see the host draw out other people's ideas, get them to explain them, and then poke holes in them and to give them enough rope to hang themselves.
Once the host starts preaching , I'm done."

I completely agree.  This is why Art was such a great interviewer.  He would ask genuinely insightful questions and wasn't afraid to call 'bullshit' on a guest. Snoory glad-handles guests and acts like he is running a cheesy nightclub complete with ill-fitting dark suit and wilted red carnation (see his internet tee vee show: beyond belief.  Bluntly, the only thing beyond belief is that is hasn't been cancelled by now.)

From MITD website:  "If you find a good show that you think might be a great addition to our schedule, let me know. If you want to suggest a GUEST to a existing program, contact them." Huh?  So, if i want to suggest a guest for MITD, I am suppose to contact the guest?  This makes no sense.  And tell them what exactly?: that they should be on MITD?  This is completely backwards.

Telly

P.S.  Not off to a good start on MITD. They took my $5 and I don't have access to the archives even though I am logged in.

Fyodor Gutman

Quote from: WhiteCrow on January 24, 2018, 03:18:39 AM

Love ALL

I listened the first few nights in Dec. 2015, when it was (still?) carried on terrestrial radio.

There are too many other entertainment options in this age to consume bad media 'just to see if it will get better.'