• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random Political Thoughts

Started by MV/Liberace!, February 08, 2012, 10:50:42 AM

Speaking of dishonest, I can't figure out if Obama is a Muslim pretending to be a Marxist, or a Marxist pretending to be a Muslim.

analog kid

Quote from: Paper*Boy on September 11, 2012, 06:54:24 AM
Speaking of dishonest, I can't figure out if Obama is a Muslim pretending to be a Marxist, or a Marxist pretending to be a Muslim.

And the Clintons were mass murderers. The right always has to descend into conspiracies because the other guy is always sinister, while their guy is always ethical and honorable.

Quote from: analog kid on September 11, 2012, 07:17:39 AM
And the Clintons were mass murderers. The right always has to descend into conspiracies because the other guy is always sinister, while their guy is always ethical and honorable.

Yeah, you're right - I can get caught up in that stuff too. 

But remember how 'scary' Reagan was, Bush was a deep cover CIA spook, Chaney and Rove were evil mastermind puppeteers behind Bush II.  And when they aren't evil, they're dumb - Reagan again, Quayle, Bush II, Sarah Palin... while the Ds are all just so smart..

analog kid

Quote from: Paper*Boy on September 11, 2012, 12:17:11 PM

Yeah, you're right - I can get caught up in that stuff too. 

But remember how 'scary' Reagan was, Bush was a deep cover CIA spook, Chaney and Rove were evil mastermind puppeteers behind Bush II.  And when they aren't evil, they're dumb - Reagan again, Quayle, Bush II, Sarah Palin... while the Ds are all just so smart..

Yeah, both side play those games.

Quote from: Sardondi on September 11, 2012, 03:07:23 AM
... This includes the polls, although the legitimate polls at least include enough sampling detail that an inherent bias can be detected if you work enough to find the anomaly. It is an old story on how polls can be manipulated so as to give a particular impression. The usual one is to sample more Democrats than Republicans. It doesn't even have to be intentional, it just works out that way for several different reasons (sampling taken from urban areas where voters tend to be Democrat; fewer Republicans at home during day; one theory is that a considerable number of Republicans/conservatives simply will not respond to pollsters [me for example])...
[/m]

It will be interesting to see whether the attack on our embassy in Cairo and the killing of our ambassador in Libya will affect the polls a few days out. 

There was a pretty stark difference in their responses to a serious event, I'm guessing Romney's comments will give him a boost and Obama's numbers will drop. 

analog kid

Quote from: Paper*Boy on September 13, 2012, 12:28:48 AM

It will be interesting to see whether the attack on our embassy in Cairo and the killing of our ambassador in Libya will affect the polls a few days out. 

There was a pretty stark difference in their responses to a serious event, I'm guessing Romney's comments will give him a boost and Obama's numbers will drop.

Romney is being almost universally lambasted for his comment, that politicized the event while the people were dying, and he was smirking the whole time. Might I suggest a broader range of news sources?

Quote from: analog kid on September 13, 2012, 01:45:08 AM
Romney is being almost universally lambasted for his comment, that politicized the event while the people were dying, and he was smirking the whole time. Might I suggest a broader range of news sources?

Wow, Team Obama and his accomplices in the media are critical - they've even brought back the Bush II 'smirk'?.  There's a surprise.  More honest journalism.  Did you hear the tape of the pool reporters discussing how they were going to work together to try to trip up Romney on his comments yesterday (Wed)?  Pretty disgusting stuff from the 'non-biased' media.

I'm guessing normal Americans won't think too highly of the Cairo embassy's comments about  'hurting the feeling of Muslims', instead of expressng outrage these thugs attacked our embassy, or standing up for our freedom of speech.  Pretty sure everyone knows the embassy response came directly from the White House, despite Obama lying about that too.

Obama not attending intel meetings, going to bed before knowing the fate of our embassador to Libya, not providing enough security, going ahead with a fundraiser - yeah, go ahead and try to make Romney look like the one that's incompetent and out of touch.   Then sit back and wonder why the 'elite media' continues to bleed readers and viewers.

Good luck spinning this stuff.  Like I said, let's see what the poll bounce is in a few days.

Juan

It's interesting that so many on both sides blame the messenger rather than the message.  What difference does it make if you watch a politician give a speech on The Fox News Channel, CNN, MSNBC or CBS?  What is important is what the politician has to say - not what channel it's on.

Zircon

Quote from: analog kid on September 11, 2012, 07:17:39 AM
There are a few unexplained bodies back in Arkansas. We do know Clinton abused women to include rape. Hillary stuck by his side because he was upwardly mobile. No true marriage but an "arrangement". And since when is pointing out the faults of one side regarded as a mindless endorsement of the other. We're not all so "digital" or "binary", analog.

Quote from: Paper*Boy on September 13, 2012, 03:48:25 AM

I'm guessing normal Americans won't think too highly of the Cairo embassy's comments about  'hurting the feeling of Muslims', instead of expressng outrage these thugs attacked our embassy, or standing up for our freedom of speech.  Pretty sure everyone knows the embassy response came directly from the White House, despite Obama lying about that too.

Depends on whether normal Americans can separate fact from fiction.  You have the facts wrong - are you abnormal?

Sardondi

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on September 13, 2012, 08:09:13 PM
Depends on whether normal Americans can separate fact from fiction.  You have the facts wrong - are you abnormal?

No YOU have the facts wrong - YOU'RE abnormal.

Kinda, pointless and juvenile, no? Not to say ad hom. As are other posts here which went immediately to accusatory mode, made in response to Gabbers who expressed political opinions with which you and other left-side accusers apparently disagreed.

You guys don't see a distinction in expressing an opinion on an issue and a response which essentially says, "Anyone who thinks this way is a buttmunch"? 

analog kid

The embassy issued the statement before the attack occurred, to try to diffuse the situation, and Romney used that as an opportunity to attack the embassy. He's a mental midget with zero foreign policy skills. Being a fuckup in the US is one thing, but when you're a fuckup internationally, you start wars.

And the whole "Obama is apologizing for America" canard isn't even true and never has been.

And this happened because right wingers keep doing these stupid "burn the koran day" stunts that are getting people killed.

Ben Shockley

Quote from: Sardondi on September 14, 2012, 01:11:45 AM
No YOU have the facts wrong - YOU'RE abnormal.

Kinda, pointless and juvenile, no? Not to say ad hom. As are other posts here which went immediately to accusatory mode, made in response to Gabbers who expressed political opinions with which you and other... accusers apparently disagreed.
You guys don't see a distinction in expressing an opinion on an issue and a response which essentially says, "Anyone who thinks this way is a buttmunch"?
Mr. Sardondi, are you familiar with the idiom about the "pot calling the kettle black?"

No one except you and a few die-hards will deny that there's a political double standard in here.    Don't dig yourself in deeper and make yourself look even dumber by claiming you're on the "oppressed side," or that the "lefties" are somehow being "extreme" or "abnormal" or "juvenile" or whatever (what's the word?) ad hominem terms you want to use to belittle "Gabbers who expressed political opinions with which you and other... accusers apparently disagreed."

And that is not a "hissy fit," as one of your other would-be-paternal, self-convincingly-erudite, sickeningly patronizing, wanna-be-éminence-grise posts alleged that I exhibit.

Quote from: analog kid on September 14, 2012, 03:03:44 AM
The embassy issued the statement before the attack occurred, to try to diffuse the situation, and Romney used that as an opportunity to attack the embassy. He's a mental midget with zero foreign policy skills. Being a fuckup in the US is one thing, but when you're a fuckup internationally, you start wars.

And the whole "Obama is apologizing for America" canard isn't even true and never has been.

And this happened because right wingers keep doing these stupid "burn the koran day" stunts that are getting people killed.

A couple of things.  Romney does not have his people on the ground at embassies all over the world.  Not yet anyway.  He has to rely on the media for his information just like the rest of us.  As far as I know, every outlet in the Phony Media reported that statement issued by the embassy in Egypt was in response to the attack, or put it out there for people to come to that conclusion.  Then they asked Ronmey to comment.  Things were fluid, that the way it works sometimes, especially with a major incident on foreign soil and the various media rushing to get the scoop out.

President Obama does have his people on the ground.  He should have had the facts before anyone.  What was he doing?  How was he responding?

None of this is happening in a vaccuum.  This should not be looked at as an isolated event, but as a continuation of a lot of things - the consolidation of power by the Brotherhood in Egypt as factions jockey for power, the growing power of the jihadists to influence and control 'the street'.  It shold be looked at in the context of Salmon Rushdie, those Danish Cartoons, and other so-called 'out-rages'..

The last thing the United States government should be doing is projecting weakness and apoligising for free speech conducted in our own country, especially with the Moslems, especially given this history.  If they can't coherently put out the right message, they should have just remained silent and bunkered down.

The fact is, we have the wrong person in the White House, and the wrong people in our embassies.  Like you said, "when you fuckup internationally, you start wars".  I agree.  I would add that fucking up internationally gives us regimes like the one in Iran, and now the ones now emerging from the 'Arab Spring'.

And for the Phony Media to misreport this, then play 'gotcha' with Romney, well, that's another new low.  I don't think they set out from the start to specifically to do that, but now they have a new tactic in their arsenal of pro-Obama deceit.  Let's watch to see if they use it again.

Ben Shockley

Quote from: Paper*Boy on September 14, 2012, 09:27:31 AM
...The fact is, we have the wrong person in the White House, and the wrong people in our embassies.
I assume that you are closely working with your chosen Tea Party Republican to impeach President Obama, right?   The devastating facts that you, P*B, can personally testify about should make conviction a slam dunk, in the words of some old Republican...

Quote from: Paper*Boy on September 14, 2012, 09:27:31 AM
Like you said, "when you fuckup internationally, you start wars".  I agree.  I would add that fucking up internationally gives us regimes like the one in Iran...
By that, you no doubt mean the Eisenhower (Republican) administration who deposed the last democratically-elected president that Iran had, and installed the Shah, and led to 60 years of Iranian hatred for the U.S.  Right?  That's what you had in mind, right?
OH!  What, Beck and Limbaugh and Hannity never told you about the CIA and Mohammad Mossadegh??    I'm sure you'd never know about it otherwise.   Look him up online, because I know you won't believe anything I say -- hell, probably won't even look this up, any more than you looked up the names you're still ridiculing me about from a couple of weeks ago-- just keep making the stupid cartoonish "Marxist" jibes that are totally unwarranted.

analog kid

Romney has all the tact and diplomacy of Kirsty Alley on a twinkie binge. Oh, but it's those "gotcha Journalist" meanies again. Never mind that Mitt has offended or pissed off Russia, China, Brittan, Israel, and now the Muslims. Every time he opens his mouth he puts his foot in it. Every. Single. Time. The boob could have handled it any other way, but he used it as an opportunity for a political attack. His campaign admits he fucked up, as does a lot of the GOP. We don't even need to hear the debates at this point; we've heard enough dribble from this tax dodging corporate vulture automaton. He's now defining "middle income" as $200,000 to $250,000 a year. Is this on the planet Kolob? Clueless car elevator, sci-fi religion having moron.

And again, the administration isn't apologizing for anyone, and this supposed projection of weakness is another canard, as they've taken out a slew of Al Qaeda number 2s and bin Laden. Obama is clearly the better man for the job.

Quote from: analog kid on September 14, 2012, 09:51:59 AM
Romney has all the tact and diplomacy of Kirsty Alley on a twinkie binge. Oh, but it's those "gotcha Journalist" meanies again. Never mind that Mitt has offended or pissed off Russia, China, Brittan, Israel, and now the Muslims. Every time he opens his mouth he puts his foot in it. Every. Single. Time. The boob could have handled it any other way, but he used it as an opportunity for a political attack. His campaign admits he fucked up, as does a lot of the GOP. We don't even need to hear the debates at this point; we've heard enough dribble from this tax dodging corporate vulture automaton. He's now defining "middle income" as $200,000 to $250,000 a year. Is this on the planet Kolob? Clueless car elevator, sci-fi religion having moron.

And again, the administration isn't apologizing for anyone, and this supposed projection of weakness is another canard, as they've taken out a slew of Al Qaeda number 2s and bin Laden. Obama is clearly the better man for the job.

I would just leave you with this:  No one is in love with Romney or any of the R's.  But just about anyone would be better than Obama. 

And Ben, yeah I'm aware of the history with the Shaw.  As you know, I was talking about a much more recent event, something that was at least in our lifetime.

Ben Shockley

Quote from: Paper*Boy on September 14, 2012, 10:01:49 AM
...And Ben, yeah I'm aware of the history with the Shaw.  As you know, I was talking about a much more recent event, something that was at least in our lifetime.
"the Shaw"..?
Don't presume what "I know" to be consonant with your fantasies.
Just because YOU don't think overthrowing "some raghead" 60 years ago means a damn thing, don't presume that people in another part of the world dismiss it as easily as you do.   You wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it if a Soviet-inspired coup had overthrown Eisenhower--- wait-- that wouldn't matter because it wasn't in YOUR lifetime-- Okay-- what if some guy you think isn't a legitimate U.S. citizen came "to power" in the U.S.??    You'd be all fired up about THAT, right?  I mean, like you are now over Obama who I presume you are working diligently to have impeached?   Okay, imagine a country full of people like you feel now, BUT even more so, because they actually have something to be pissed off about!!
Honestly, just because YOU weren't alive and in that country to see your president forced out in favor of some guy who was barely known in the country and who then instituted a police state... I know it's hard for you, a good god-fearin 'murcan, but TRY to empathize a little.   Don't you think that would be grounds for a little bit of hatred, and not just for a week or two?

analog kid

Quote from: Paper*Boy on September 14, 2012, 10:01:49 AM

I would just leave you with this:  No one is in love with Romney or any of the R's.  But just about anyone would be better than Obama. 

Well, let's get rid of the intelligent, nuanced guy who's in the White House and put Kim Kardashian in power.

Ben Shockley

Quote from: analog kid on September 14, 2012, 10:21:52 AM
Well, let's get rid of the intelligent, nuanced guy who's in the White House and put Kim Kardashian in power.
They would probably go for that, inasmuch as they might assume she's "White."
Then one of the Neo-con Repubs, ever vigilant about Middle-Eastern affairs, would point out that the name "Kardashian" sounds dangerously Armenian, and Armenia touches <gasp> IRAN, and so she is totally suspect and probably not born in the U.S. anyway.

Then there's the fact that her father was part of the team that got O.J. Simpson off the murder charges.  WHOA!!!  NO WAY could she get the job in Repub land!!

Quote from: Ben Shockley on September 14, 2012, 10:20:06 AM
"the Shaw"..?
Don't presume what "I know" to be consonant with your fantasies.
Just because YOU don't think overthrowing "some raghead" 60 years ago means a damn thing, don't presume that people in another part of the world dismiss it as easily as you do.   You wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it if a Soviet-inspired coup had overthrown Eisenhower--- wait-- that wouldn't matter because it wasn't in YOUR lifetime-- Okay-- what if some guy you think isn't a legitimate U.S. citizen came "to power" in the U.S.??    You'd be all fired up about THAT, right?  I mean, like you are now over Obama who I presume you are working diligently to have impeached?   Okay, imagine a country full of people like you feel now, BUT even more so, because they actually have something to be pissed off about!!
Honestly, just because YOU weren't alive and in that country to see your president forced out in favor of some guy who was barely known in the country and who then instituted a police state... I know it's hard for you, a good god-fearin 'murcan, but TRY to empathize a little.   Don't you think that would be grounds for a little bit of hatred, and not just for a week or two?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the people in Iran are a little more focused on getting out from under the Ayatollahs and people like Ahmadinejad right now than on the Shaw.  And yes, that was a different time and the world was a different place. 

Unfortunately Obama apparently likes the regime in Iran as it stands now and couldn't say a few words on behalf of the people there awhile back.  It's not like he doesn't want to meddle - he sure seems happy enough to be helping the jihadis in the other 'Arab Spring' uprisings.

I'm pretty sure all the Hollywood twits ans skanks are supporting Obama

Zircon

Quote from: Ben Shockley on September 14, 2012, 09:43:49 AM
I assume that you are closely working with your chosen Tea Party Republican to impeach President Obama, right?   The devastating facts that you, P*B, can personally testify about should make conviction a slam dunk, in the words of some old Republican...
Once again Bennie reverts to personal attacks and binary thinking rather than listening to the facts P*B presents that are undeniable.
QuoteBy that, you no doubt mean the Eisenhower (Republican) administration who deposed the last democratically-elected president that Iran had, and installed the Shah, and led to 60 years of Iranian hatred for the U.S.  Right?  That's what you had in mind, right?
Are you saying "Nation Building" or "Regime Change" is all right when the person doing it happens to be one you support? While Mubarak and the Shah and Qaddafi were bastards, they kept the religious nutjobs you and others of your political bent are always ranting about when it comes to Christians - out of control.

Would you say that Al Qaeda, the Muslim Brotherhood, Hamas and Hezbollah are improvements to not only the indigenous peoples of those nations but the region as a whole and to both the United States and Israel?
QuoteOH!  What, Beck and Limbaugh and Hannity never told you about the CIA and Mohammad Mossadegh??    I'm sure you'd never know about it otherwise.   Look him up online, because I know you won't believe anything I say -- hell, probably won't even look this up, any more than you looked up the names you're still ridiculing me about from a couple of weeks ago-- just keep making the stupid cartoonish "Marxist" jibes that are totally unwarranted.
Well Bennie, you are our resident socialist that wishes Obama was a communist. So why is it "out of bounds" and "cartoonish" to reflect your own words back at you?

Zircon

Quote from: Paper*Boy on September 14, 2012, 10:53:47 AM
I'm pretty sure all the Hollywood twits ans skanks are supporting Obama
They have to if they want a career. Note that most "republican" leaning actors/actresses established their careers first and "came out of the closet" second. Smart. Idiots like Sean Penn, Clooney etc. depend upon being out front with their political beliefs as they know what enhances their career. Also note how most of their movies aren't huge money-makers - Disney cartoon/animation usually rakes it in.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Zircon on September 13, 2012, 08:36:47 AM
We do know Clinton abused women to include rape.

not sure we "know" any such thing.  clinton was accused of rape (was her name juanita broaderick?), but unlike most people today, i don't automatically believe every rape allegation i hear... regardless of the political leanings of the accused.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: analog kid on September 14, 2012, 03:03:44 AM

i don't know the specifics of what you're referring to (what romney said) because i haven't really paid attention to the news in a few days, but i really wish people would stop hyper-analyzing the foreign policy credentials of every presidential candidate every four years.  very few presidents have foreign policy "experience" prior to taking office.  in most private sector professions (and even public sector), there simply is too little opportunity to acquire this type of experience.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Ben Shockley on September 14, 2012, 07:32:41 AM
No one except you and a few die-hards will deny that there's a political double standard in here.

what the fuck are you talking about?  were any of your posts censored/edited/redacted?  no, they fucking weren't, so please consider placing your victimization complex in your ass where it belongs. 

protip:  sometimes, people on the internet will disagree with you. 

fucking hard to believe, isn't it?  however, it doesn't necessarily indicate the existence of some right wing cabal plotting against you in the background.  you're not that important, and neither are your views.  the fact that you're even ABLE to post this shit should demonstrate the inaccuracy of your statement above.

sooo... because you aren't universally lauded and praised for every air-biscuit you release means there's a double standard? 

weak, dude.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: analog kid on September 14, 2012, 09:51:59 AM
Never mind that Mitt has offended or pissed off Russia, China, Brittan, Israel, and now the Muslims.

dude... it's not like that takes much effort.

i wouldn't say obama is the better man for the job, but i'm baffled as to how he's being attacked for his handling of this embassy situation.  i think it's nuts to say we need to blow the fuck out of everything because a few embassies were attacked by uneducated, islamic fundamentalist idiots who pretty much know nothing but what they're told to know and what they're told to be offended by. 

who do we attack?  the governments where our embassies are being attacked?  the people themselves?  yeah, that'll de-escalate things.  then again, there are a lot of people out there who don't WANT a de-escalation.  they want full-on war because they hate the islamic world.  it's not hard for me to see why a westerner would hate the islamic world, but that's what it boils down to.

not everything should be used as an opportunity to attack the president, people.  not everything is a call to war.  instead, i think we should close the embassies where these attacks are happening, remove the american government's presence there, and call it a day.  holy FUCK it would be a tragedy if we can't have embassies in shit holes like yemen, tunisia, and libya.

Zircon

Quote from: MV on September 14, 2012, 02:01:41 PM

not sure we "know" any such thing.  clinton was accused of rape (was her name juanita broaderick?), but unlike most people today, i don't automatically believe every rape allegation i hear... regardless of the political leanings of the accused.
Well, I stand corrected. It is true that we don't "know" for certain that he committed those acts. Most women do not want to recount, go on public record and bring on ridicule and insults to themselves. The woman wasn't a "beauty" at the time she brought her claims forward and she was reminded of that by the media (like, who would want to screw you?). His antics with women would tend to have me believe he is used to intimidating, getting what he wants from who ever he wants it from. I don't give him the benefit of the doubt on the allegations. But do agree with you that i don't know for certain if he did it. If I was privy then I wouldn't be talking about it since I would have been mum at the time and therefore aiding and abetting a rapist.

coaster

Anyone who's political opinions are not  agreed upon plays the victim. Like their opinions are somehow more justified than others. I've seen a few people here get really defensive when someone says they are wrong. Its nothing new though. this crap makes the world go 'round.
You are all wrong by the way.