• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

a question for everyone?

Started by damon, October 28, 2017, 07:49:04 AM

damon

It seems that Bellgab is dying? Am i wrong about that?  Or is just everyone getting bored of this place? There is a lack of podcast from this forum. The general does his podcast from a different place now, the lack of a gabcast, the spec sheet pops up every once in a while.

ItsOver

BellGab's been dead for years.  Just like all of us.

Swishypants

Quote from: ItsOver on October 28, 2017, 07:52:05 AM
BellGab's been dead for years.  Just like all of us.

BINGO! None of us exist. Bellgab isn't what it seems. :)

ponyboysunset

I check in a few times a week. I got bored reading the same flame wars over and over. The Falkie thread is really the only thing I check and I occasionally post a rant. It changed during the election. I don’t think it will ever truly die just not as many people post anymore.

Swishypants

The flame wars exist to drive all the lame-o's away Ponyboy. I was wondering if you got a hair-ball muching carpet and choked to death or something.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Swishypants on October 28, 2017, 08:52:45 AM
The flame wars exist to drive all the lame-o's away Ponyboy. I was wondering if you got a hair-ball muching carpet and choked to death or something.
But it doesn’t drive them away they only just keep going and going. I miss intelligent conversation and witty banter. But I get that in real life so I am good. Lol.

Hog

GabCast took a dump after the originals(2.0 version) left/were kicked off.  When I listen to the old Gabcasts I am attracted to the Gabcast 2.0 versions. Last night I heard when redacted first spoke on UFOSHIP.com when she called in,and Onan and Eddie though she was a man from her posts. Also when Jazmunda first came onboard the Gabcasts.  It was always funny listening to Onan trying to squeeze out a complete thought, then resigning by saying "you know, oh nevermind".  Uh, ee, ah, oh, uhh, nevermind. He though way too much before he spoke, he was much better when he just talked from the hip.
I think people got peeved when MV took the Gabcast control board back when he started hosting the Gabcast fulltime. I cant remember if he came back to Gabcast because he and EvB stopped Trainwrecking or if there was a Spec Sheet hiatus. In MVs words"What, am I not supposed to podcast?" "And now you don't have to worry about the board." directed at Eddie

So far as Bellgab popularity, I would think the proof would be in the size of cheques that MV receives from his advertising. If they are still the size of the cheques used on the Price is Right, the forum isn't dying.  We'll never conclusively know.

peace
Hog

Swishypants

MV is CIA and BellGab is the capitol of Kekistan.

ponyboysunset

Many people left after Art quit. I think it was the one thing that brought us all together.

damon

Quote from: ponyboysunset on October 28, 2017, 09:12:33 AM
Many people left after Art quit. I think it was the one thing that brought us all together.
Art did help us all to come together to this forum. With all of the people stop posting for one reason or other, bellgab just does not feels the same anymore. That is one of the many reasons that i have not been posting as often.

Swishypants

You guys aren't getting it. Bellgab is still here. It's in PM's. The top layer is a trap.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: damon on October 28, 2017, 09:22:52 AM
Art did help us all to come together to this forum. With all of the people stop posting for one reason or other, bellgab just does not feels the same anymore. That is one of the many reasons that i have not been posting as often.
I agree with all of that. And no I am not PMing people. I have enough friends in real life. I get what Damon is saying. The vibe here is different.  It also changed when all the 4chan people came over. I left for a long time because for a while there was actual Neo Nazi shit here. It just depressed me to read that stuff. 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ponyboysunset on October 28, 2017, 09:42:23 AM
I agree with all of that. And no I am not PMing people. I have enough friends in real life. I get what Damon is saying. The vibe here is different.  It also changed when all the 4chan people came over. I left for a long time because for a while there was actual Neo Nazi shit here. It just depressed me to read that stuff.

I'd say the majority of that was just trolling.  ;)

Swishypants

Quote from: ponyboysunset on October 28, 2017, 09:42:23 AM

Neo Nazi's are pretty rare. I'd say full-on Nazi's outnumber them and full-on Nazi's wear suits and control large corporations usually. They are wicked smart and have massive amounts of money.  Neo's are usually poor abused kids and I wouldn't guess there are more than 20,000 of them total in the US. (and most of that population is in prison) The Skokie ruling in '80 rendered them fairly useless as useful assets for the Nazi's. Nazi shit isn't a movie. It's serious business and they are not stupid enough to out themselves.

Want to speak intelligently? Lets do it! Odds are you know or know of real Nazi's and admire them. They're slick. Genius level IQ's and above.

BobGrau

For me the disengagement began when everyone started changing their names. I like the idea in theory but in practice I could no longer keep my Os, Cs, and Ds lined up neatly. Lurker till I die though, scary to think a forum will last longer than I will.

Swishypants

MV just always wanted his very own Thunderdome. Two Man enter, one Man leave, but there are no men here, only old third rate Trolls.

ItsOver

Quote from: Swishypants on October 28, 2017, 09:26:41 AM
You guys aren't getting it. Bellgab is still here. It's in PM's. The top layer is a trap.
I like the VIP PM's you get with BellGab Turbo Mode.  MV is delightful as he keeps us updated on what he had for breakfast, his bowel  movements, and his pedicures.  Kind of like Facebook.

Gd5150

Quote from: ItsOver on October 28, 2017, 12:53:07 PM
I like the VIP PM's you get with BellGab Turbo Mode.  MV is delightful as he keeps us updated on what he had for breakfast, his bowel  movements, and his pedicures.  Kind of like Facebook.
Don’t forget the exclusive VIP mixers and retreats. As well as access to the gab market and use of gabcoin.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Gd5150 on October 28, 2017, 02:14:39 PM
Don’t forget the exclusive VIP mixers and retreats. As well as access to the gab market and use of gabcoin.

The Players With Yourself Club! Oh yeah, baby!! We're talkin 2-ply tissues!!!  ;D

Dyna-X

About 8 months to a year ago there was a similar thread. I suggested more "standards" MV said in so many words that he has heard it all before. Got called a snowflake or a millennial by another. The rest just ignored. The forum was dead in my mind at that point and I figured make the best of it and go down with the ship as there are a few decent folk that still post and try from time to time to start interesting threads. They know who they are. I see every month that BG is still up as borrowed time. I heard how much time MV was taking to fight frivolous Google adsense claims, and he deserves praise for that.

So while the site is not dead, it certainly needs a theme bigger than Falkie to hold the interest. Beyond Art, the paranormal and conspiracy radio has went into a desert of mirages and miles of mediocrity. Not much to talk about. Some regular threads (Trump, music, Celebrity Deaths and Things that annoy you) still bring in enough traffic to keep things lukewarm.

Would a gabcast help? Maybe for about 6 to 8 hours.

WhiteCrow

Bellhaven was the heart and soul of Bellgab. When Nancy and Rosie had a disagreement over revenue sharing and quit their co-hosted podcast that was the first nail in the coffin for Bellgab. The lid has since been firmly nailed shut as detailed by others above..My only hope for the future of Bellgab is that George and the Mud King can preform a miracle resurrection at Alien Con 2018.

Please donate .. let's make this miracle happen!

Love ALL

https://youtu.be/Z8iZqd_8sXg

Swishypants

Quote from: Gd5150 on October 28, 2017, 02:14:39 PM

WHO LOVES YA BABY!!!  ;D

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dyna-X on October 28, 2017, 03:19:39 PM
About 8 months to a year ago there was a similar thread. I suggested more "standards" MV said in so many words that he has heard it all before. Got called a snowflake or a millennial by another. The rest just ignored. The forum was dead in my mind at that point and I figured make the best of it and go down with the ship as there are a few decent folk that still post and try from time to time to start interesting threads. They know who they are. I see every month that BG is still up as borrowed time. I heard how much time MV was taking to fight frivolous Google adsense claims, and he deserves praise for that.

So while the site is not dead, it certainly needs a theme bigger than Falkie to hold the interest. Beyond Art, the paranormal and conspiracy radio has went into a desert of mirages and miles of mediocrity. Not much to talk about. Some regular threads (Trump, music, Celebrity Deaths and Things that annoy you) still bring in enough traffic to keep things lukewarm.

Would a gabcast help? Maybe for about 6 to 8 hours.

He should be applauded for that. One way of generating interest and getting fewer/no trolls to the site would be to have an annual subscription. Like most things in life, you get what you pay for, and anything free is treated with contempt by a disproportionate number. It would engender a feeling of ownership and investment in making a more interesting site. An unintended bonus to that is it would piss Senda off no end!  ;D

2cents supplied.

Swishypants

Pud. Trying to con some money off the Yanks again. There is a free showing of "The Legend of Billie Jean" in the VIP room this evening at midnight. That is all.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Swishypants on October 28, 2017, 05:37:28 PM
Pud. Trying to con some money off the Yanks again. There is a free showing of "The Legend of Billie Jean" in the VIP room this evening at midnight. That is all.

No money going to me Bethany. But to MV. I am just proposing it.

Swishypants

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 28, 2017, 05:40:57 PM
No money going to me Bethany. But to MV. I am just proposing it.

There is a Donate! button. Upper left. Limey Fruit! 5,000 DORRA' and Le Migre won't sling your sorry ass into the Klink!

Quote from: WhiteCrow on October 28, 2017, 04:38:36 PM
Bellhaven was the heart and soul of Bellgab. When Nancy and Rosie had a disagreement over revenue sharing and quit their co-hosted podcast that was the first nail in the coffin for Bellgab...

Because those two are so beloved?