• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Star Trek: The Next Generation (STTNG)

Started by MV/Liberace!, January 07, 2014, 11:16:56 AM

Morgus

Marina Sirtis recommended this youtube video on her twitter site:  ;D
Captain Picard sings "Let it Snow"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-zdMkOZTKs

MV/Liberace!

I'm watching S07E09: Force of Nature.  Geordi is complaining to Data that Data's cat broke a vase.  Who gives a shit!!  Replicate another one and beam the debris from the broken vase into space, you crybaby.  Jesus H. Christ. 

Heather Wade

Quote from: MV on January 13, 2014, 02:34:37 PM
I'm watching S07E09: Force of Nature.  Geordi is complaining to Data that Data's cat broke a vase.  Who gives a shit!!  Replicate another one and beam the debris from the broken vase into space, you crybaby.  Jesus H. Christ.

Yeah, but, why couldn't Lt. Cmdr Data replicate a laser to play with the kitty?  That's the question that makes my brain hurt.  All his calculations per second, the glory of all the technology of the Enterprise, and yet they have no lasers for kitty.

b_dubb

Quote from: MV on January 13, 2014, 02:34:37 PM

Recycle that shit! Convert that busted up vase mass into turkey with mashed and gravy or something else that's similarly awesome!  This is the Enterprise! 

If you're a fan of the Alien universe this would be a good time for a cornbread joke.  As in ... what is this cornbread made of?

gbneely

Quote from: b_dubb on January 13, 2014, 03:04:30 PMIf you're a fan of the Alien universe this would be a good time for a cornbread joke.  As in ... what is this cornbread made of?

http://youtu.be/nmMT0ZbNOHY

b_dubb

Quote from: gbneely on January 13, 2014, 03:10:26 PM
http://youtu.be/nmMT0ZbNOHY

Sorry bro. Wrong universe.  Unless an alien pokes its penile head through Eddie Murphy's sternum.  Which would be pretty cool. 

If you were on a spaceship and forced to recycle EVERYTHING, what would you hazard a guess that the cornbread is made from?  Apparently they don't have this kind of problem on the Enterprise. Or if they do it isn't as obvious.  Thanks to the matter re-sequencing tech.

Eat recycled food for a happier healthier life --- (Judge Dredd movie) -watch stoned

Heather Wade

I hear the cornbread sucks on the Nostromo, too.

Spinner

So I've watched most of Enterprise's season 3 and 4. But there are some episodes (E2, Home, In A Mirror Darkly) missing form the CBS.com and StarTrek.com sites. Where else can watch ST eps for free?
t seems that those are very good (and popular) episodes, and I'd really love to see them. Anyone knows where they can be found?

MV/Liberace!

I'm watching STTNG S07E13: Homeward.  I never agreed with Picard's predisposition toward letting the villagers die in the planet's electrical storms.  His steadfast embracing of the prime directive in this matter exposed his character as a highly flawed bureaucrat, in my opinion.

Quote from: MV on January 15, 2014, 06:12:52 PM
His steadfast embracing of the prime directive in this matter exposed his character as a highly flawed bureaucrat, in my opinion.

This comment shows that you either don't understand the Prime Directive or don't agree with it.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on January 15, 2014, 06:25:25 PM
This comment shows that you either don't understand the Prime Directive or don't agree with it.

well, duh...

I think that the episode where Ray Wise keeps calling him "The Picard" is really funny. Smoke a bowl and watch it.

"I have SEEN the Picard!"

zeebo

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on January 15, 2014, 06:25:25 PM

Wasn't the prime directive eventually pretty much ignored after it got in the way of too many plots, just like in all the other trek series?

Quote from: zeebo on January 15, 2014, 07:54:05 PM
Wasn't the prime directive eventually pretty much ignored after it got in the way of too many plots, just like in all the other trek series?

Dunno.  I've only seen two shows in their entirety.  But assuming what you say is true, then that doesn't make Picard a "highly flawed bureaucrat," it makes him a party pooper.

eeieeyeoh

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on January 15, 2014, 08:01:41 PM
Dunno.  I've only seen two shows in their entirety.  But assuming what you say is true, then that doesn't make Picard a "highly flawed bureaucrat," it makes him a party pooper.

I've been contemplating snugglehood to parenthood. Can you give me a perspective from a female point of view?

STTNG was an enjoyable series of shows to me. DS9 was same. Babylon5 rounded out the week w/same thought provoking wonder. That was a long time ago though. Today is much closer to tomorrow.

The theoretical paid physist's explanation of dark matter is on another page of mine mathematically. Most likely a religion based theory.

Quote from: eeieeyeoh on January 15, 2014, 08:23:32 PM
I've been contemplating snugglehood to parenthood. Can you give me a perspective from a female point of view?

Maybe.  I need to understand what you are talking about.  You speak like someone whose first language is not English.  Did you mean "comparing" rather than "contemplating"?  That change would make sense of the sentence, although I don't know what snugglehood is and can't offer an opinion.  If you meant it as written, it's just way too ambiguous for comment in a way that is not random and perhaps a non-sequitur.

Quote from: eeieeyeoh on January 15, 2014, 08:23:32 PM
The theoretical paid physist's explanation of dark matter is on another page of mine mathematically.

Really?  I never would have expected that.

cweb

Quote from: guildnavigator on January 15, 2014, 07:04:33 PM
I think that the episode where Ray Wise keeps calling him "The Picard" is really funny. Smoke a bowl and watch it.

"I have SEEN the Picard!"

Hehehe, yes.

He was also brilliant in Twin Peaks, but I'd say this Ray Wise gig takes the, erm, bowl...  ;D
Tim and Eric Awesome Show Great Job!: Business Hugs

MV/Liberace!

S07E14: Sub Rosa

where's the skip button?  oh, there it is.

onan

More often than not, after the first two seasons, I liked STTNG. But it doesn't hold up well over time.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: onan on January 16, 2014, 10:04:56 AM
More often than not, after the first two seasons, I liked STTNG. But it doesn't hold up well over time.

yes.  the first two seasons were very iffy.  one of the most beneficial changes during that period of the series was the death of tasha yar; a horrible, two dimensional character who held the show back with each appearance.

Morgus

Quote from: MV on January 16, 2014, 10:17:40 AM
yes.  the first two seasons were very iffy.  one of the most beneficial changes during that period of the series was the death of tasha yar; a horrible, two dimensional character who held the show back with each appearance.
yeah she was better as her half Romulan daughter or the alternate Tasha Yar in "Yesterday's Enterprise"  ;)

Heather Wade

Quote from: onan on January 16, 2014, 10:04:56 AM

Well, that's just, like, uh, your opinion, man.  Best show ever made.

onan

Quote from: (Redacted) on January 16, 2014, 04:23:55 PM
Well, that's just, like, uh, your opinion, man.  Best show ever made.

No offense, I loved the show. I felt a loss when it ended. I try to watch it now... and it doesn't feel the same.

Heather Wade

Quote from: onan on January 16, 2014, 05:00:02 PM
No offense, I loved the show. I felt a loss when it ended. I try to watch it now... and it doesn't feel the same.

I'm with you, Dude.  Just couldn't resist.

If you watch it from season one, episode one all the way through to the last episode, it never really ends.  It's a continuous loop of awesome.

eeieeyeoh

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on January 15, 2014, 09:08:12 PM
Maybe.  I need to understand what you are talking about.  You speak like someone whose first language is not English.  Did you mean "comparing" rather than "contemplating"?  That change would make sense of the sentence, although I don't know what snugglehood is and can't offer an opinion.  If you meant it as written, it's just way too ambiguous for comment in a way that is not random and perhaps a non-sequitur.

Really?  I never would have expected that.

Thanks for perspective. Writing words is much different than spoken w/real-time feedback.

I used contemplating instead of comparing because a comparison requires some form of Standard. I don't think anything alive can be considered a Standard or reference. Can be described in ways but ultimately unique. IOW, no matter how described or defined is never complete in relation to the bigger picture.

I pointed out the difference I see in real/actual and theoretical physics. The latter is mostly aimed at understanding that which will never be understood to promote discoveries in that which can be understood. The foundation however remains the same of recording observed changes not expected. Theoritical is just pushing the limits of what someone hopes is possible.

As Dr Kaku explained many times, his research is based on finding the one inch mathematical equation to define everything or God. IMHO, that will never be found unless an infinitely long equation which is the nature of life. I enjoy his interviews and shows though because he also explains much of what he does understand and can be scientifically defined.

Somehow snugglehood seemed humerous at the time and only hoped it wouldn't be offensive. I can only imagine how humor is written in Chinese.

jazmunda

Quote from: MV on January 16, 2014, 09:04:38 AM
S07E14: Sub Rosa

where's the skip button?  oh, there it is.

Possibly one of the worst episodes of STTNG. Even the Riker clip show was better.

I only have vague (I smoked a shit ton of grass in those days) memories of that episode but did Crusher fuck a ghost? Perhaps it's not a total stinker.