• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Lasha "gets it"

Redacted lost 20+ affiliates and gained 2 after Art quit. One was an indian reservation and the other was WLINY an "internet radio station". Both only lasted a week or 2. All Noory's fault I guess

WOTR

Quote from: ShayP on April 17, 2018, 10:55:48 AM
Oh I know.  It was the passion of the fans and the possibilities of what could be.  It was great.  People felt like they were building a house.  Now here we are.  The house should be condemned.  No fault of the builders.  Fault of the tenants.

Your local program director, as many others, was right...as you stated.
Meh.  I acted as a volunteer with habitat for humanity to help build the house.  It is clear that the architects vision was not followed, and the building materials may have been sub-par.  The main building may appear a little dilapidated (and presently appears to be imploding), but the addition that was put on as "Bellgab" is still here and plenty stable for the kitchen party that we are presently enjoying.

I don't think that many have regrets about the time that was put it.  It was a good experience and all part of a ride that will never be repeated.

yoursongs

Quote from: ShayP on April 17, 2018, 10:33:56 AM
There was support from the get go.  She (they) should ask why it has waned.  Their hair is on fire right now and I'm not sure why.  Maybe because Art is not there to pull the strings and Keith is an asshole.  I dunno.

I'd like to see Heather do another 'Why do you hate me' show.  That was great "radio."  ::)

She can't do another "Why do you hate me" show.
The show is only 4 hours!

weeberwubber

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 17, 2018, 12:53:57 PM
Yeah, she's not really playing in reality, is she? :D

Pretty sure Rush is going to say, "Hey, this effort is led by Rosegirl! She's my core demographic. Plus, I love listening to overnight radio about cats."

ponyboysunset

Quote from: weeberwubber on April 17, 2018, 01:34:15 PM
Pretty sure Rush is going to say, "Hey, this effort is led by Rosegirl! She's my core demographic. Plus, I love listening to overnight radio about cats."
hahahahahahaha! Don't forget the soothing sound of a dryer being run in the background!

Chine

Quote from: chefist on April 17, 2018, 12:37:04 PM
We really know who is making all these people, "dance".

Chefist, are you doing a show today?

Quote from: chefist on April 17, 2018, 10:51:42 AM
Many of these people really believed they had the talent and potential to be successful radio hosts...their egos blind them to their own limitations and reality...BG is really just about having fun and interacting with "like minded" folks...people like HW and others that left prove they were only here to keep that ego expansively inflated.

This is a web forum...not Off Broadway, community college theater or even a free internship...Jesus... ::)

In fairness if Noory can have a radio show than anyone can.

paladin1991

Quote from: weeberwubber on April 16, 2018, 02:12:55 PM
Crappy if true! Anyone hear it?

Wait a minute.  Isn't Lasha psychic or something?  Why didn't she see that coming?

paladin1991

Quote from: Sean92008 on April 16, 2018, 02:46:13 PM
While he legally didn't have to do that, he was keeping his relationship with Crystal Gayle respectful by asking for that permission. I remember, whether online or on his show, Art Bell relating how he asked her if he could name the program Midnight in the Desert. 

I also recall that somebody, most likely Keith Rowland, misspelled the name Midnight in the Dessert online.  That lasted a few hours, pretty funny.

Well, I don't think anybody has ever said that Rowland was a genius, much less a 3rd grade spelling champ.

paladin1991

Quote from: Kolchak on April 16, 2018, 02:52:42 PM
George is an idiot, but he is not "stealing" anything by playing this song as a tribute to Art. I don't think it's "capitalizing," either. What's the man supposed to do?

The vitriol and dick measuring from team Midnight in the Desert is really miscalculated and bizarre. Plan the funeral service and celebrate the man's life instead of lashing out at police and your arch enemies via Facebook.

Do they even have a dick between them?

SredniVashtar

Quote from: paladin1991 on April 17, 2018, 01:51:25 PM
Wait a minute.  Isn't Lasha psychic or something?  Why didn't she see that coming?

Congrats on not being dead. Why don't you do the GC tomorrow? A deranged grunt is just what's needed. And if you feel the urge to blow your own head off at any time, it would be a hell of a show.

Zenman

Quote from: ponyboysunset on April 17, 2018, 06:43:10 AM
Hey man whatever helps you sleep better at night! LOL. It's good to see you as well  :D

And bells thanks for the love.

This Heather/Lasha/Keith triangle on facebook is some fun reading! To think I was going to quit facebook. I'm so glad I didn't as I would have missed all of the fun!

Lol. FB is finally good for something.   ;D

chefist

Quote from: Chine on April 17, 2018, 01:44:32 PM
Chefist, are you doing a show today?

Hi Chine

Unfortunately I'm out of town...I'd normally do a pre show...but no can do.

albrecht

Maybe all the angst and bitching by certain parties is due to Art's will and what Airyn is going to do with his compound, radio equipment, and assets? Maybe the gravy-train is ending. I can't see how Airyn, who is not from the country, would want to stay at that place and how things like MITD and how allowing freeloaders to stay/live off your assets is going to provide a secure financial future for the family and children. I don't think an autopsy has taken place yet and I don't know Nevada law about probate but there could be some "changes" coming?

paladin1991

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on April 16, 2018, 04:16:33 PM
Sondra Locke is covering my funeral single.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwSpBOXnNTE

Jealous?  How this woman never copped an Oscar, an Academy Award, or a Grammy, I'll never know.

The boys have me covered.

https://youtu.be/zwgjM-teND8

chefist

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on April 16, 2018, 04:16:33 PM
Sondra Locke is covering my funeral single.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwSpBOXnNTE

Jealous?  How this woman never copped an Oscar, an Academy Award, or a Grammy, I'll never know.

Omg that's hilarious! HW is/was Art's Sandra Locke! Bwahaha

paladin1991

Quote from: albrecht on April 16, 2018, 05:19:20 PM
Has she also moved into the Art Bell Compound? Is some of this bitching and posting about possible trouble in paradise or division of Art's assets? Or the will? Now with his passing Airyn would, likely, be in charge and maybe figures better investments for the children is less about MITD and some women who somehow hook-winked Art?

Scissor up the assets?

paladin1991

Quote from: comaphobe on April 16, 2018, 06:03:01 PM
Crystal Gayle is not Asian. She is from Kentucky, and she is the full-blooded sister of Loretta Lynn.

Thanks for making that clear for any morons in thread. 

I'm looking at you, Dickdr.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: paladin1991 on April 17, 2018, 02:09:30 PM
Thanks for making that clear for any morons in thread. 

I'm looking at you, Dickdr.

Take a picture! It'll last longer. ::)

paladin1991

Quote from: TigerLily on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 PM
Those were the nights when we were young and innocent and ART WAS BACK ON THE AIR!

I remember those days.  The ART Juggernaut was victorious.  The internutz was conquered, radio affiliates were falling (all over themselves) and signing ART to contracts, the wine flowed, the wenches wenched, MV and I (well, that was a nod to youthful college days, it meant nothing). .... I throttled down the panzer and safed the weapons, thinking that now, finally, all would be good in the 'verse.

https://youtu.be/y3KEhWTnWvE

paladin1991

Quote from: WhiteCrow on April 16, 2018, 10:28:29 PM
Yeah.. three shout outs for Bellgab. Amazing how appreciative Art was of Bellgab. I forgot about that

He loved us.  Until, he didn't.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Chine on April 17, 2018, 12:26:41 PM
Crow! I was just wondering the same the other day. I miss her. She was always a delight here.

Once she became a person of interest in the case of Bateman’s missing iPhone, she stopped posting.

paladin1991

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 16, 2018, 10:30:40 PM
And Art’s Tarts were feeding us grapes on the veranda

You got Tarts.  I got Aldous feeding me hits of blotter acid.   

paladin1991

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 16, 2018, 10:46:04 PM
Have we ruled out that Heather, self-professed witch that she is, caused the untimely demise of her mentor?

Ha, ha.  Lasha says "I much prefer Heather doing the news at the beginning of the show."

I'm about to say something very crude as I have been drinking a bottle of 19 Crimes wine.  Instead I'll just say,  I hope Lasha is as good in bed as she is...oh nevermind.  I imagine Heather knows.

Great bottle.  Hope you are buying it at TJ's.  I can't find it at a better price.

paladin1991

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on April 16, 2018, 10:50:00 PM

The best was Art Hosting and Amy doing the news and the Arctic Chaga memes, oh lawd i miss the Arctic Chaga memes!

Is that Amy?  She's a cutie.  Hope she recovers fm her latest illness, mishap, broken air conditioner......

chefist

Quote from: paladin1991 on April 17, 2018, 02:27:02 PM
Great bottle.  Hope you are buying it at TJ's.  I can't find it at a better price.

HW is considering a move to Idaho...she and Senda are looking for land to set up the container compound...he'll be her "Ed McMahon"...you could be Doc! Why not?

paladin1991

Quote from: albrecht on April 16, 2018, 10:58:20 PM
Wah? Leo was a cat person also? What ever happened to him? All that drama was epic.

I think he had problems with his pussy.

Chine

Quote from: paladin1991 on April 17, 2018, 02:29:17 PM
Is that Amy?  She's a cutie.  Hope she recovers fm her latest illness, mishap, broken air conditioner......

I don’t think that’s her... ? Maybe it is. I follow her and her show through Twitter. However, I haven’t listened in in years. Amy is adorable and very cute. Smart lady. She’s had some rough health issues but I think she’s on the mend.