• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

onan

Lately work is getting to be a real stressor. I work 3 twelve hour shifts and am on call during the hours I am off on those three days. So time on fri, sat, and sun is hard to find.

So when I go into a store to buy something... anything and I get an attitude from a clerk... I wanna cause pain.

Anyway on my way home last night, I was tasked with getting my wife a bottle of coffee creamer. No big deal right? (I wanna cry) I stop at the only grocery store on the route to my house. There are only two bottles of coffee creamer and  they are out of date. I ask the clerk if by any chance there is any other place some may be found or if there are any "fresh" bottles not yet on the shelf. I think the fellow thought I was asking if his mother still offered blowjobs behind the store. Needless to say, I left with no creamer. I had to stop at the next convenience store and picked up many of the individual servings and told my wife she was now on her own.

The point is, I didn't let the issue go. I was pissed, not so much at lack of availability but the fuckstick that gave me a bad time because I asked him to vary his work routine.

So now that I am up earlier than I planned I thought does anyone else have moments of--I am going to kill them?

All I ask is the issues revolve around your day to day. No politics please.

aldousburbank

People who let their dogs bark, and bark, and bark, for no reason.

The General

I work in a neighborhood overrun by homeless people.  And I hate them.  Yes, I am using the word hate directed at this 'underprivileged' group of people.  Know why?  Because they are not underprivileged, they are scam artists.  I see it every day, the same people, the same stories; these people should have been actors.  The speed at which they can cry on demand for some poor tourist is astonishing.  They go instantly from laughing it up with their buddies in the alley to giving an overbearing sob story to some poor family of four from Ferndale. 

I can't walk 2 blocks to the market and back without getting hit up for money at least 6 times.  I am not exaggerating.  I know for a fact that some of these people have bank accounts flush with cash.  I also know for a fact that you can pretty much get free food any time of the day here in this bleeding heart metropolis of enablers.  It's a non-stop party in the streets for these people and they get by on victimizing people through guilt and scare tactics.  They are human parasites.  My fair city has dealt with the problem by running these people out of all the nicer surrounding areas, and corralling them all into MY neighborhood.  And they are damn lucky that I don't run things.  My homeless policy as mayor?  Work camps.

Hope that wasn't too political for you Onan.  It's what pissed me off today.

Eddie Coyle

Loud,obnoxious people...whether blabbing endlessly into their cellphone, blaring awful music in their shitbox of a vehicle, having "deck parties" at 3AM etc. I really despise these fucks. I really feel like letting my inner James Huberty out when loud people are around me. I'm naturally misanthropic, but dealings with these cretins only validate my hatred.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: onan on May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM
I work 3 twelve hour shifts and am on call during the hours I am off on those three days...

Lack of sleep = impatience.

aldousburbank

Musca domestica, house flies.  They never bothered me in particular, until I became an insectary technician- growing flies.  Yes, I was lord of the flies, daddy to 5 to 9 million maggots in process per day.  The breeding room was not a sight for the timid, not to mention the visual effect of millions of maggots squirming around in a room.

Why cultivate flies?  Because the maggots are a food source for small predatory wasps.  The wasps are cultivated as an Integrated Pest Management means of fly control around stables and other fly breeding habitats.  Shipped out 5 days before hatching, the parasite infected fly pupae hatch out a new batch of wasps which immediately seek mates and new maggots in which to lay their eggs, effectively limiting new fly populations.

Anyway, after holding this most interesting of jobs for a year or so, I began to really despise flies, and this hold true to this day.  Go figure.

Usagi

Quote from: The General on May 22, 2011, 12:53:49 PM
I work in a neighborhood overrun by homeless people.  And I hate them. 

I'm with you on this one - I work (and used to live) on Capitol Hill.  I think I recall you once mentioning that you're in Seattle.  I have lost absolutely all my tolerance or compassion for druggies and homeless people since living here.

I never go to the otherwise beautiful Pioneer Square anymore, either, ever... It feels like fucking Night of the Living Dead there.

(Yes, these are a special category of homeless people that I hate - the most annoying and visible.  This doesn't reflect on my feelings about our social safety net or our treatment of the mentally ill.  Okay - disclaimer done.)

Usagi

Other things that piss me off...

People who think everyone in the entire world should love dogs.
People who leave shopping carts just anywhere.
People who smell bad.  I'm not saying you need to smell good, just don't fucking smell BAD.
People who inquire about your personal life, but don't really care.
People who inquire about your personal life.
People.

Stink FUCKING bugs!

Brought to NE Pennsylvania sometime in the 90's.  Don't care exactly when.  I just want to get my hands on the asshole who said, "Ah, they kinda' smell bad, but they don't hurt anything." 

They've already caused MILLIONS of dollars in crop damage here. They have no natural predators because they AREN'T native to this country.  And did I mention that they STINK????  Think about 15 open jars of formaldehyde!!!!  They make a buzzing noise like an angry wasp.  Which happens to be the last thing you hear before they crash into either your forehead or cheek!!!

And if you crush them they TRIPLE their stink.  It's a call to all their friends and relatives to come to the funeral.  The advice from the agricultural extension office is to spray INDIVIDUAL bugs with soapy water and then vacuum them up.(They also suggest purchasing a dedicated vacuum for that purpose, because the sweeper starts to STINK!!!)

But don't set off bug bombs to kill them because then carpet beetles will invade your house in order to chew on the little stinky bodies.  Which boggles my mind, because I can't figure out why they would only eat them if they are dead. 

I wonder if they flew through a portal....................OK, I'm done now.

Eddie Coyle

Taking a cue from every hacky 80's stand up comic...

How 'bout that airline food...

aldousburbank

Quote from: Usagi on June 22, 2011, 03:22:43 PM

Thanks for this Usagi.  I hold a special place of contempt for people who think I should regard THEIR dog(s) as the Messiah Lassie.  (Clearly that was my much missed, recently dead dog Smokey, the nicest and smartest dog in the world, ever.)

Art

I'm pretty much a bastard so I can handle people.  It's that cheating, no-good lowlife Computer_Player_1 that pushes me into fits of rage.

EvB

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 22, 2011, 05:58:06 PM
Thanks for this Usagi.  I hold a special place of contempt for people who think I should regard THEIR dog(s) as the Messiah Lassie.  (Clearly that was my much missed, recently dead dog Smokey, the nicest and smartest dog in the world, ever.)

Well - you must know a lot of stupid dog owners! They expect that you would transfer feelings for YOUR dog to THEIRS! Particularly if you are grieving yours.  If i was around someone with a dog who had recently lost theirs, I know that my dog could be a comfort, could be a sad reminder, could even make them mad for just being.  The may even be indifferent. You just have to go with it whatever comes up for them.

And, the only creature i know who is convinced that everyone should love my dog Fred, is Fred ;-)

Fred is a large poodle - and poodles are notorious for "lookie ME lookie ME!"  Barkley the beagle-mix - OTOH, just wants to know waif you have anything he can eat ;-)

EvB

I hate tedium.  I'm facing a few hours of correcting a list of publications.  Total pain in the ass.

But want to kill?  When people are doing something simply for the sake of being annoying, and you say "please stop" and they laugh like lunatics and do it all the more, then call YOU a spoilsport.

JustOneFix

Scientologists.   Doesn't help I run into them on a regular basis due to my location.

If I wanted a fucking book or literature I would ask you for one.

One asked me if I wanted a stress test, I told the guy "No, I have several E-Meters of my own in the garage." His eyes got real big- I never explained to him that an E-Meter is essentially a fancy ohm meter.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: JustOneFix on June 25, 2011, 11:23:42 PM
Scientologists.   Doesn't help I run into them on a regular basis due to my location.

If I wanted a fucking book or literature I would ask you for one.

One asked me if I wanted a stress test, I told the guy "No, I have several E-Meters of my own in the garage." His eyes got real big- I never explained to him that an E-Meter is essentially a fancy ohm meter.

TONS of them here in Boston. They often use the guise of "would you like to take a personality quiz?"

My standard riposte: "No thanks, I already know I'm a fucking asshole, but at least not a sheep like you"

I get extremely upset after I German brake test someone that is tailgating me and they fail to get the hint. What next, pissbottle out the window without a lid?

Marc.Knight

Quote from: General Johnson Jameson on June 26, 2011, 04:14:35 AM
I get extremely upset after I German brake test someone that is tailgating me and they fail to get the hint. What next, pissbottle out the window without a lid?

I once had a lunatic do this to me while shaking his fist out his window, and I was at least 10 car lengths behind him.  I guess I was invading his "space".

The General

Quote from: Usagi on June 22, 2011, 03:22:43 PM

People who leave shopping carts just anywhere.
People who smell bad.  I'm not saying you need to smell good, just don't fucking smell BAD.
People who inquire about your personal life, but don't really care.
People who inquire about your personal life.
People.

Hell yeah. 
I really don't like dogs, especially big ones.  It's no different than letting a goat live in your house with you.  And I'll tell you something else, goats smell a lot nicer than your dog.  It's one thing the muslims have right.  Dogs are dirty, don't let them in your house.  Did I mention stupid?  They're stupid too.  Yes they're cute when they're puppies.  Then they grow into dogs.  Dogs that smell really bad and shit on your carpet and won't stop barking and are stupid enough to try to chase parked cars.

Usagi

Quote from: The General on June 26, 2011, 02:16:24 PM
Hell yeah. 
I really don't like dogs, especially big ones.  It's no different than letting a goat live in your house with you.  And I'll tell you something else, goats smell a lot nicer than your dog.  It's one thing the muslims have right.  Dogs are dirty, don't let them in your house.  Did I mention stupid?  They're stupid too.  Yes they're cute when they're puppies.  Then they grow into dogs.  Dogs that smell really bad and shit on your carpet and won't stop barking and are stupid enough to try to chase parked cars.

Preach!

JustOneFix

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on June 25, 2011, 11:38:51 PM
    TONS of them here in Boston. They often use the guise of "would you like to take a personality quiz?"

My standard riposte: "No thanks, I already know I'm a fucking asshole, but at least not a sheep like you"

I thought about accidently tucking the tablecloth into the waist of my jeans if I got one of those tests done. When you go to stand up and walk off........ Those E-meters are expensive and it'd break my heart if one fell off the table accidently.

Not sure how it is in Boston, but in Cultwater they pretty much own the town. Mass transit- only for 'church' members-

One of the many hotels/condos that have been converted into dorm type lodging for their minions.

EvB

Quote from: General Johnson Jameson on June 26, 2011, 04:14:35 AM

Unless what's on my ass is a heavy truck - or I'm on a highway - i just take my foot of the gas and wait.  Or, if that seems too risky, i set my cruse control to as close to the EXACT speed limit as possible (in a state where everyone assumes a speed limit means plus  10 - including me most of the time) It's fun in a no-passing zone.  Even MORE fun if the car behind them is a cop's - and they pass anyway (it's happened  ::) )

OTOH - if they do what around here is considered a polite request to move your ass (come up a just bit too close, maybe flash their lights, wait just long enough to get your attention then fall back) well, then I move over. 

hey, is a little ritual courtesy too much to ask?

Seamus Capone

I go ballistic when I see TSA employees grope kids and the elderly. My rage increases when the "potential terrorists" are handicapped. Here's a lovely story about a woman, in her nineties, whose adult diaper was searched by dedicated public servants in their efforts to make us safe. And they want more funds to expand this nonsense to other places.

http://www.newsherald.com/news/mother-94767-search-adult.html

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Jethro Capone on June 26, 2011, 11:44:34 PM
I go ballistic when I see TSA employees grope kids and the elderly. My rage increases when the "potential terrorists" are handicapped. Here's a lovely story about a woman, in her nineties, whose adult diaper was searched by dedicated public servants in their efforts to make us safe. And they want more funds to expand this nonsense to other places.

http://www.newsherald.com/news/mother-94767-search-adult.html

It's fucking disgusting. Something that seems literally like a gag from "Airplane II"...except it really happened. Depressing beyond words.

Quote from: Marc Knight on June 26, 2011, 07:38:12 AM

I once had a lunatic do this to me while shaking his fist out his window, and I was at least 10 car lengths behind him.  I guess I was invading his "space".

You had a lunatic throw a piss bottle at you?

The General

Why the hell are cell phones getting larger instead of smaller?
I can't manage the size of this garbage.  Remember the Razor?
I want a razor.  Not a some unwieldy thing the size of a Pong controller.

And why do they still sound like shit?

onan

Quote from: The General on June 26, 2011, 02:16:24 PM
Hell yeah. 

General, I must confess even though we often disagree, that you would be a great neighbor. That being said, you and Usagi are off your respective nuts. Dogs especially big dogs are one of the best things that can happen to someone. Like people some dogs are smart some less so; unlike people, dogs want to learn so they better get along with their owner. If you see a dumb dog... look to their owner, now that will be the center of dumb.

My house sets on 2.25 acres and is fenced. I have a dog door. Most of my neighbors have some kind of alarm/security system. I am almost weekly solicited to buy one. I respond "no thanks, I have dogs. Big dogs." The response is usually "what if you have a fire?" Like a security company is gonna come man a water hose. I tell the sales person to come out and show me some info. When they come they are met by my security team.

I love my dogs, yes they can bring some stink, but come on, tell me one of your family members can't do the same thing? I have had dogs for decades. It doesn't take more than a day to train a dog that they poop and pee outside.

My life has been enriched because of dogs. I would have it no other way.

onan

Quote from: The General on June 27, 2011, 01:17:28 AM

I want a cell phone with a clip and a trigger.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: onan on June 27, 2011, 06:09:43 AM
I tell the sales person to come out and show me some info. When they come they are met by my security team.

bwwahahahahahaha!

JustOneFix

Quote from: The General on June 27, 2011, 01:17:28 AM

I agree 100%. While browsing phones to upgrade from my current one I noticed most have increased in size not to mention some are butt ugly.