• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

ShayP

Coming home hungry after a night of drinking, and eating the gross Chinese pickles from the jars in the door of the refrigerator because there's noting else to eat is a mistake

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ShayP on March 10, 2018, 11:19:47 PM
Hmmm.  I missed that.  Don't drink that new fangled cucumber water that's out there (yes, it's a thing).

That reminds me of when I was in highschool and our art teacher told a friend of mine who had converted to vegetarianism that he thought he needed to drink some wiener water or something. :D

albrecht

At this point I think most of us accept that most newspapers, especially online, have no editors and poor writers but I'm thinking that computers are generating news articles because the stilted language and errors are worse than even some outsourced authorship to Pakistan etc would do. I found this news site and I think it is computer generated from the samples of articles I read.
http://allworldsnews.com/worlds/trump-went-well-my-most-magnificent-work-in-jerusalem/07
http://allworldsnews.com/worlds/danish-prince-henrik-lost-his-life/18
http://allworldsnews.com/agenda/triple-sex-murder/18

aldousburbank

I was just down at the corner of Civilization and Reality streets where I witnessed the next level of fly. Apparently we now leave the hangy tags on our baseball while also not opening the cap but just placing the folded assemblage on top of head.

aldousburbank

If you die from a lightning strike while worshipping, were you at the wrong church or the right one?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-43362508

Jojo

Quote from: albrecht on March 11, 2018, 02:29:22 PM
At this point I think most of us accept that most newspapers, especially online, have no editors and poor writers but I'm thinking that computers are generating news articles because the stilted language and errors are worse than even some outsourced authorship to Pakistan etc would do. I found this news site and I think it is computer generated from the samples of articles I read.
http://allworldsnews.com/worlds/trump-went-well-my-most-magnificent-work-in-jerusalem/07
http://allworldsnews.com/worlds/danish-prince-henrik-lost-his-life/18
http://allworldsnews.com/agenda/triple-sex-murder/18
All that, but they didn't build in a grammer check!  On that sex murder, the writer messed up the gender, right?  For the whole article?  I was confused.

Jojo

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on March 11, 2018, 12:41:01 AM
Coming home hungry after a night of drinking, and eating the gross Chinese pickles from the jars in the door of the refrigerator because there's noting else to eat is a mistake
R U sure they didn't save your life?!  Sometimes what went down needs to come up!

Jojo

Quote from: aldousburbank on March 11, 2018, 06:46:28 PM
I was just down at the corner of Civilization and Reality streets where I witnessed the next level of fly. Apparently we now leave the hangy tags on our baseball while also not opening the cap but just placing the folded assemblage on top of head.
I remember when ladies put covers and holders around boxes of tissue, as people didn't want a manufactured looking product on their counter tops!

Quote from: Jojo on March 15, 2018, 03:38:39 AM
I remember when ladies put covers and holders around boxes of tissue, as people didn't want a manufactured looking product on their counter tops!

Yes, a junky, kitschy looking product was much better

albrecht

I suspect mfgs were responsible for the idea that condiments, milk, cream, etc also must be in dishes, bowls, etc instead of having the original branded bottles on the table. More waste and so necessity to buy more of said products.

paladin1991

That was old lady stuff when I was a kid.

ksm32

Quote from: aldousburbank on March 11, 2018, 10:01:25 PM
If you die from a lightning strike while worshipping, were you at the wrong church or the right one?

An outdoor church?

Quote from: albrecht on March 19, 2018, 06:47:48 PM
Wow, talk about acting like a stereotype in so many ways....
http://thesmokinggun.com/documents/crime/chicken-nitwits-now-doing-hard-time-284935

I imagine it won't be long before someone is arrested for stealing watermelons from a farm.

Jojo

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 19, 2018, 06:53:05 PM
I imagine it won't be long before someone is arrested for stealing watermelons from a farm.
How horrible!  A 45-year old man giving a teen girl a black eye, over nothing!  And usually a black eye is a shiner, blue underneath, but the female owner has purple raccoon markings all around both eyes.

The business made several mistakes.  First, they made the customers feel unwelcome and dismissed their concerns by issuing a refund instead of making the meal right.  And when things started to get out of hand, couldn't the owner, the mother, have stayed inside and preferably locked the door?  They didn't have a drive through to talk through?  At least she called for help.

What the criminals did was awful and dangerous.  They must have been on drugs - or felt very insulted.  The video says 2010.  Why did their sentencing take 8 years?  Did they commit other crimes in that time?

And when a man says he didn't get enough fries, give him the fries, not a refund, gees!  A refund will not fix low blood sugar rage.  Seeing how big the guy was, maybe she should have let him know up front, "Our fries are kind of small, you might want to get a few..."

Asuka Langley

Quote from: Jojo on March 19, 2018, 09:08:14 PM
How horrible!  A 45-year old man giving a teen girl a black eye, over nothing!  And usually a black eye is a shiner, blue underneath, but the female owner has purple raccoon markings all around both eyes.

The business made several mistakes.  First, they made the customers feel unwelcome and dismissed their concerns by issuing a refund instead of making the meal right.  And when things started to get out of hand, couldn't the owner, the mother, have stayed inside and preferably locked the door?  They didn't have a drive through to talk through?  At least she called for help.

What the criminals did was awful and dangerous.  They must have been on drugs - or felt very insulted.  The video says 2010.  Why did their sentencing take 8 years?  Did they commit other crimes in that time?

And when a man says he didn't get enough fries, give him the fries, not a refund, gees!  A refund will not fix low blood sugar rage.  Seeing how big the guy was, maybe she should have let him know up front, "Our fries are kind of small, you might want to get a few..."

The business made one mistake

... The business made several mistakes...

Of course, it's the businesses' fault.  What they did was inadvertently sacrifice themselves to get two violent criminals off the street.

paladin1991

Slojo, Slojo, Slojo.