• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The people that we miss on the awesome forum.

Started by georgesucks, December 17, 2013, 07:56:43 PM

BobGrau

Quote from: MV on December 19, 2013, 08:24:15 PM
i used to live in clearfield, utah which is just a bit north of slc.  never a cleaner, safer place have i seen.

This explains a lot.

onan

Quote from: BobGrau on December 19, 2013, 08:28:10 PM
This explains a lot.

Annagrammy took the polygamy aspect of the Mormon value system and painted all of Mormonism with that brush. Several here pointed out the weak link in her argument. But some aspects of the polygamy splinter group was/is pretty warped.

MV/Liberace!

I say who gives a shit if people want to practice polygamy, bigamy, monogamy, gay marriage, or whatever. Not my business as a libertarian minded yute of America 2013.

I wonder if Anagrammy can rescue me from the cult of being single?  Perhaps throw some of those polynomial equations my way?  I love math.

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 19, 2013, 08:18:35 PM
I think the church has almost nothing to do with what EVER happened to Joe Smith like modern churchianity has nothing to do with what EVER made Saul change the S to P...

This is where aldousburbank indirectly refers his Top Secret plan to create Masonic Mormon (S)alt and (P)epper shakers with beautiful but toxic glaze finishes to be smuggled back into the US to be sold to unsuspecting consumers purchasing souvenirs as they pass through Salt Lake City.  He doesn't ENJOY the fact that they are toxic. It's just that they come out so darn beautiful that way. There has to be a payoff when you throw a lot of clay.

Beauty, even at the cost of being poisonous, is a great reward for hours spent at the potter's wheel.

McPhallus

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on December 19, 2013, 09:37:59 PM
Beauty, even at the cost of being poisonous, is a great reward for hours spent at the potter's wheel.

Isn't all beauty a little toxic?

Quote from: McPhallus on December 19, 2013, 09:49:22 PM
Isn't all beauty a little toxic?
Philosophically? Yes, indeed.  A good point to raise from my meanderings.

It's too bad aldousburbank's insistence on creating high lead content art is frowned upon by consumers as a type of "gratuitous beauty rampant with actual poison" that should be discouraged in favor of the more traditional Christian Tupperware S&P sets.

eddie dean

Quote from: themudking on December 19, 2013, 08:27:07 PM
um...dude.  I'm a ginger.

I had no idea you were a ginger! :o
There should be some way to  electronically identify the gingers from the regular people. I'm sorry mudking, but I can't be your bff anymore :'(

heater

Quote from: jazmunda on December 19, 2013, 09:49:54 PM
Then you will identify with this clip.

Thanks Jaz.  I never really wanted to talk about my personal life...but.

At the age of 8 I entered the local ginger camp.  My parents disowned me at the hospital due to my bright red curly locks.  I spent the first 8 years in the only orphanage in town.  It was dreadful with all the gingerphobes picking on me.  I really wanted to play baseball so one summer day when I was 7 the man who stood guard over the gingers in the orphanage wasn't looking so I quickly ran out a side door to join the "normal" kids as they played a game of baseball.  That was the day the community started raising money to get me a bus ticket to Indianapolis where they had the only ginger camp within 100 miles.  The camp in Cincinnati had been destroyed 2 years earlier in the unrest over Ronald McDonald being left out of the Clown Olympics.

Needless to say I have had to work hard to find a way to block out the cruel gingerphobic people that harass me daily.  That video made me feel good that I am not the only one fighting the good fight.

heater

Quote from: eddie dean on December 19, 2013, 10:05:57 PM
I had no idea you were a ginger! :o
There should be some way to  electronically identify the gingers from the regular people. I'm sorry mudking, but I can't be your bff anymore :'(

I promise as long as the only intimate contact we have is holding hands the chances of passing the ginger gene is only .0203%  There have only been 2 reported cases of internet transmission.  Check the geometry you'll be fine.

Quote from: themudking on December 19, 2013, 08:27:07 PM
um...dude.  I'm a ginger.

Speaking as a chemical ginger, I feel your pain, but then again,  I paid good money to be part of the greater ginger community. Not only that, but gingers uphold the highest standards of sexiness, i.e Ewan McGregor, King of the Gingers and Karen Gillan, Queen of the Gingers. Thomas Jefferson was a ginger and he did pretty OK in life. 

Stand proud and brave, oh mighty ginger.

eddie dean

Quote from: themudking on December 19, 2013, 10:11:28 PM
I promise as long as the only intimate contact we have is holding hands the chances of passing the ginger gene is only .0203%  There have only been 2 reported cases of internet transmission.  Check the geometry you'll be fine.

I will think about it...............

Huuuuuuuu

Huuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Ok, you get a pass! This time.
I can't quit you. ;)

heater

Quote from: eddie dean on December 19, 2013, 10:32:48 PM
I will think about it...............

Huuuuuuuu

Huuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Ok, you get a pass! This time.
I can't quit you. ;)

you. complete. me.

eddie dean

Quote from: themudking on December 19, 2013, 10:35:48 PM
you. complete. me.

I'm feeling all  weird and tingly now. :-[
Sooooo, how about those Bears {wrong word} Cincinnati Bengals?

Oh forget it!
I'm out

heater

can we purge all data from this thread in the last 48 hours?

area51drone

Quote from: themudking on December 19, 2013, 10:49:44 PM
can we purge all data from this thread in the last 48 hours?

Yes, everything before this post is fine to delete...

GINGERS DO HAVE SOULS!!

/obligatory

Quote from: Paper*Boy on December 19, 2013, 08:22:49 PM

And yet the Hero of the Senate - Harry Reid - his Mormonism is not a problem because, well, you know.

If given a choice, I'd rather have Mormons as neighbors than random non-Mormons.  If would almost guaranteed to be a safe, clean, well maintained, friendly neighborhood.
Tough to get a drink, though...

onan

Quote from: MV on December 19, 2013, 09:09:09 PM
I say who gives a shit if people want to practice polygamy, bigamy, monogamy, gay marriage, or whatever. Not my business as a libertarian minded yute of America 2013.

If it were about just the simple concept of who was shtooping whom, I would completely agree. But the practice is a bit more problematic than that. It isn't the argument I wish to spend any time on, but as most things in and on this forum it is a bit complicated.

onan

You! Don't! Know! Me!

You're not god, alright?

georgesucks

I miss morphiaflow. I have not seen him around lately.

georgesucks

Because of all the mormon talk on this thread, Now I see ads about the Mormons on the forum.

area51drone

Quote from: c337pilot on December 20, 2013, 02:06:08 AM
Because of all the mormon talk on this thread, Now I see ads about the Mormons on the forum.

Funny, all I see are ads for freckle removing cream.

georgesucks

Quote from: area51drone on December 20, 2013, 02:06:56 AM
Funny, all I see are ads for freckle removing cream.
how weird. Do you think that the ads could be "angels"?

jazmunda

Quote from: c337pilot on December 20, 2013, 01:56:19 AM
I miss morphiaflow. I have not seen him around lately.

He's winding down or being winded down.

Quote from: MV on December 19, 2013, 06:57:18 PM
as opposed to the other religions that only give people accurate information?

Oh, I agree with the point you're making here, MV.  Believe me, I have no great regard for most organized religions.  Church-going works for some folks, but not for me.  I'm one of those squishy agnostic/newagers who think a person can be spiritual without being religious.

And I, too, have known many very kind, good Mormons.

yumyumtree

Quote from: McPhallus on December 19, 2013, 07:22:30 PM
Don't they have some sort of rule preventing blacks from entering the religion at all?

Not any more.