• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

CornyCrow

Quote from: nooryisawesome on October 01, 2015, 09:39:18 PM
No, he was hesitant to talk about it. Art brought it up once. Then callers kept asking about it. Then a poster decided two weeks later he needed to make a thread on the subject here.

I know this isn't the political forum but I find it annoying when gays and their supporters have to lecture everyone who doesn't agree with them. Everyone should be entitled to their own belief and debating it is pointless as no one will have their mind changed.
Yeah, but for some people it's not merely their belief, but their actual life. 

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ItsOver on October 03, 2015, 10:46:26 AM
Stay tuned for the next episode of "As the Desert Turns."
heh heh

TigerLily

Quote from: starrmtn001 on October 03, 2015, 01:54:23 PM
Thank you Sister Princess TigerLily.  Considering the angst flying around from the Leo meltdown, I think a little uplifting of spirits is a good thing about now. ;)
You are a wise kitten

CornyCrow

Quote from: coaster on October 03, 2015, 01:33:33 PM
Dmn  is not essential to the show, and even if it was, leo is replaceable.  He is a drama queen and I am glad he is gone. He can read the news, big deal. So can a lot of other people. He needs to check his ego.
Frankly, I was never enamoured with Leo.  I preferred it years back, when Art, at the show's beginning, did the news. 

bateman

Quote from: CornyCrow on October 03, 2015, 05:04:49 PM
Frankly, I was never enamoured with Leo.  I preferred it years back, when Art, at the show's beginning, did the news. 

This. I found myself muting the stream as soon as I heard the news music.

CornyCrow

Yep.  I never knew why Art wanted him.  He did have that nasal quality and some of his news repeated itself.  I also tuned out when he came on.  It was an unwelcomed interruption of the show. 

bateman

Quote from: CornyCrow on October 03, 2015, 05:12:51 PM
Yep.  I never knew why Art wanted him.  He did have that nasal quality and some of his news repeated itself.  I also tuned out when he came on.  It was an unwelcomed interruption of the show. 

It's an interesting idea in concept, but Leo's delivery made it unlistenable for me, plus I heard about 3 poop stories too many. WTF was that all about?

GravitySucks

For all the bitchin, there sure was a big push to get the news included in the archives when the show first started with it being edited out... Just saying.

It was something that was unique.  Can I live without it? Yes.  Am I gonna miss it? Yes. Will I like it if Amy is the replacement? Probably.  Would I love it if they changed it to "All the news that is (Redacted)".  YES

In the grand scheme of things, no big deal.

bateman

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 03, 2015, 05:21:51 PM
For all the bitchin, there sure was a big push to get the news included in the archives when the show first started with it being edited out... Just saying.

It was something that was unique.  Can I live without it? Yes.  Am I gonna miss it? Yes. Will I like it if Amy is the replacement? Probably.  Would I love it if they changed it to "All the news that is (Redacted)".  YES

Redacted or Amy would be great replacements if they plan on continuing it, and if either of their schedules allow for it.

aldousburbank

Quote from: bateman on October 03, 2015, 05:14:54 PM
It's an interesting idea in concept, but Leo's delivery made it unlistenable for me, plus I heard about 3 poop stories too many. WTF was that all about?
He seemed to be quite regular with the poop news and what not.

b_dubb

Quote"All the news that is fit to be (Redacted)"

This +++++++1

albrecht

Quote from: CornyCrow on October 03, 2015, 05:12:51 PM
I actually thought, for a bit, that it was a computer generated voice algorithm reading the news. Some basic mispronunciations of words due to usage ("live" vs "live", odd cadence, etc.) What I don't like to hear is that he was, I guess, in charge of getting radio affiliates and that satellite transmission thing (I guess?) Ugh. I want MITD to succeed both on the interwebs and on real radio.

Mastodonkey

It's bullshit like this when I just wish Art would host a basic ass internet talk show with archives and give up all the sticking it to the man nonsense. Nobody even listens to terrestrial radio anymore. Just do your thing with as little people as possible and no bullshit strings attached.

Money money money.

coaster

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 03, 2015, 05:21:51 PM

Wasn't amy the one who read the news in a monotone voice? No thanks.

Art Bell

The truth is Leo made lots of money. The real deal was he got paid by the commercial's that ran in his newscast and it was a lot. On top of that he got 1% of total ad revenue which was about to be raised to 2 % but he quit because he said he could not get along with Keith. After I told the exact truth at the start of the show last night he now hates me I see. The guy is in total meltdown mode. I feel sorry for him. As for the offer he said he got from Coast, that was told first to Amy because he wanted to take her along with him but she refused. He also told Heather about it both on the phone and In print (which she has) and finally he told me as well. I am still not sure if it was real or he just made it up as a bluff, either way it's bad. I was not going to say a word on the Friday show even as stressed out as I was about the situation but he started posting crazy stuff on his FB site asking people to email me or call in on open lines so I felt I had no choice as the messages started to roll in.

Art

Faustina

Quote from: CornyCrow on October 03, 2015, 05:04:49 PM

Agree.  I've been slightly disappointed at the small amount of time Art has spent discussing news items at the top of the show.  Perhaps he could return to doing that.

On the Leo Ashcraft matter, I thought he was pretty good but far from irreplaceable.  I know his little newscasts were not "must listens" for me, as that's when I'd usually go down the hall to use the facilities or get a snack (from the kitchen:  not the facilities).  So, the fact they weren't Must Listens and that I often missed them, with no great regret, says something.

ItsOver

Thanks for the insight, Art.  I subscribe to listen to you.  Period.  Press ahead and best wishes.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: ItsOver on October 03, 2015, 06:27:10 PM
Thanks for the insight, Art.  I subscribe to listen to you.  Period.  Press ahead and best wishes.

Seconded.

chefist

Art...better this happened now! Before MITD goes into orbit!

Waco Kid

Thanks for the info, Art. Really good to see you take this all with such aplomb. Quite a contrast to the way Leo's been behaving. It's clear who the pro is. Keep up the good work, my man. We're here for ya.

ItsOver

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 03, 2015, 05:24:34 PM
He seemed to be quite regular with the poop news and what not.
Fiber.  Lots of fiber.

popple

Leo has proven himself a liar and batshit crazy. I wouldn't put it past him to make up this offer to get a huge raise. At the same time it's extremely easy to believe gnoory and the premrats were sending offers. Not even offers they were planning on going through with. Just trying to mess things up. A real churching.

trostol

i think its time to just move on from this and get rolling for the new week coming

Appreciate Art giving his side of things

boxman

Losing Leo is imo not a big loss at all. I liked the idea of those fringe/paranormal news topics, but the way he delivered his lies was not the best and I believe it would be easy to find some replacement that would do a much better job at it.

area51drone

Quote from: Art Bell on October 03, 2015, 06:02:56 PM
The truth is Leo made lots of money. The real deal was he got paid by the commercial's that ran in his newscast and it was a lot. On top of that he got 1% of total ad revenue which was about to be raised to 2 % but he quit because he said he could not get along with Keith. After I told the exact truth at the start of the show last night he now hates me I see. The guy is in total meltdown mode. I feel sorry for him. As for the offer he said he got from Coast, that was told first to Amy because he wanted to take her along with him but she refused. He also told Heather about it both on the phone and In print (which she has) and finally he told me as well. I am still not sure if it was real or he just made it up as a bluff, either way it's bad. I was not going to say a word on the Friday show even as stressed out as I was about the situation but he started posting crazy stuff on his FB site asking people to email me or call in on open lines so I felt I had no choice as the messages started to roll in.

Art

I know it's private, but I wonder what "lots of money" means to you.   I'm sure you can find someone else to read the news, but honest to god Art, you need to take a good look at your team and make sure every one in it fits the bill of putting out the best show in the world.    You are the talent, you should only have to worry about doing the show itself.   The rest of the people should support you entirely and not make your life more difficult.  It sounds like Redacted is doing a pretty good job of supporting you, and we can all be grateful for her role in your program.   I don't know if the rest of them are, or who for that matter who they all might be, but get the right people.   Do not fool yourself or allow past allegiances to slow you down or hold you back.   You can always keep those who you want around in a supporting role to those who know how to get the job done the right way.

cweb

I was a tad skeptical when the rumors about Leo working for Coast came out. They already got a guy who can mispronounce all the words.

b_dubb

"Nothing to see here folks. Move along. Move along."

Maybe Noory and Ashcraft took the same correspondence course to get their broadcasting certificate or whatever. That would explain why they both mispronounce the most basic words all the time.

trostol

what makes me hard to believe Leo would go to C2C is..they have news at the top of the show done by Dave..i think thats the only thing he really enjoyed cause he can be morbid

the last couple of years and up to the present are so book worthy in gobs of ways.