• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

coaster

Quote from: BellBoy on December 18, 2015, 04:42:36 PM
Words hurt, sir. We prefer to be called 'Travellers'.
Forgive me. I meant to say hokey traveller folk.

Quote from: coaster on December 18, 2015, 04:39:07 PM
I don't have a problem with astrology in itself. when you realize its just entertainment and completely made up nonsense. If gullible people want to dish out money for entertainment, so be it. It's just another form of fiction writing. What annoys me is when "astrologers" or whatever the hell they call themselves try to act like its some divine knowledge and completely legit. It most certainly is the definition of woo woo. I wonder, do they have to label their stuff as "for entertainment purposes only" like other fortune tellers and hokey gypsy folk have to?

Pay someone to lie to my face. Hmm... But, was fun had by all? Inconclusive.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: coaster on December 18, 2015, 04:39:07 PM
I don't have a problem with astrology in itself. when you realize its just entertainment and completely made up nonsense. If gullible people want to dish out money for entertainment, so be it. It's just another form of fiction writing. What annoys me is when "astrologers" or whatever the hell they call themselves try to act like its some divine knowledge and completely legit. It most certainly is the definition of woo woo. I wonder, do they have to label their stuff as "for entertainment purposes only" like other fortune tellers and hokey gypsy folk have to?

That reminds me ..  I wanted to (for the sake of yelling at my computer only) go back and re-listen to Art interview Sylvia Browne.  She actually came up with some doozies that turned out to be totally bogus.  Told parents their kids were dead when they were really being held captive for 5+ years.  ::)  My SIL thinks she's the next Jesus, and I'm over here like STFU you parasitic bitch.

Ok, I never actually said that.. but I might have wanted to call up and tell her that.  ;D

BellBoy

Quote from: coaster on December 18, 2015, 04:45:52 PM
Forgive me. I meant to say hokey traveller folk.

I and my girlfriend cart-pony, thank you, sir.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: BellBoy on December 18, 2015, 04:52:36 PM
I and my girlfriend cart-pony, thank you, sir.

So, speaking of girlfriends..  RCH doesn't believe in foreplay. he just dives right into his subject material.  (Listening to last night's show, hoping for some big revelations, or some drama. When do those parts come?)

nika01

Quote from: SredniVashtar on December 18, 2015, 04:19:28 PM
No, he had the sense to learn his trade in small markets where people are allowed to fail and learn and improve, like every other major figure in broadcasting. This whole 'go, Heather' thing is the same sort of thinking that expected people like Bill O'Reilly to make it on the radio - because it's just, like, talking, ain't it? No, it isn't. It takes a long time to understand what you need to do, otherwise you are going to be having long periods of dead air. Also, it is very easy to sound grating and mannered on the radio, when all you have is your voice for people to pick holes in. The longer you work at it, the more you realise what you are lacking (if you have any self-critical ability, and a willingness to learn, that is).  If you want to take something on that you have not earned then expect to have a ton of shit flung back at you if you suck.

There are lots of things that need time, but that doesn't mean we should bother with them. I would like a nice beachfront property, but it would take several million years for coastal erosion to do the job for me. But, if I just give it time...

For fuck's sake, I don't know who you are, and care even less, but you should probably stick to your colouring books and leave the thinking to those with a brain.

That's not you, by the way, in case you hadn't figured that out.

Ooo. Such ill informed eloquence. Congratulations on being misconceived.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Value Of Pi on December 18, 2015, 04:17:53 PM
Right. And "baggage" includes all that stuff that's been accumulating in people's brains since they arrived on Earth -- like hours, days, weeks, years or listening to the radio. You have a point and, at the same time, you don't.
Well yes of course. And no. I knew that when I wrote that, but it's the closest I can get to expressing my thoughts on some of the nit-pickers. :)

Ciardelo

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 18, 2015, 04:47:33 PM
That reminds me ..  I wanted to (for the sake of yelling at my computer only) go back and re-listen to Art interview Sylvia Browne.  She actually came up with some doozies that turned out to be totally bogus.  Told parents their kids were dead when they were really being held captive for 5+ years.  ::)  My SIL thinks she's the next Jesus, and I'm over here like STFU you parasitic bitch.

Ok, I never actually said that.. but I might have wanted to call up and tell her that.  ;D
Contact that "Light of Brain" lady, she'll hook you up for the holidays!

SredniVashtar

Quote from: nika01 on December 18, 2015, 04:57:27 PM

Something went wrong in the brain-keyboard transmission there, dear.  I am sure you meant to come back with something bitingly profound and stingingly witty, but it all came out like the ramblings of a burbling idiot. I have seen more insight by looking into the bowl after a particularly pungent lamb bhuna the night before. Anyway, I must be going. I am off to perform some open-heart surgery in the morning. I told the people at the hospital that I am bound to fill the place with stiffs at first, but they should give me time, for fuck's sake!!

Value Of Pi

Quote from: nika01 on December 18, 2015, 04:57:27 PM

No point in arguing about Heather's chances of making it in radio. The listeners, as a group, will decide and that will be that. Listenership/ratings is an inviolable law of nature in radioland and it gets to decide who is worthy of being on the air, not personal opinion. Podcasting is something else again. Another way of putting it is that people talk, but money talks louder.

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 18, 2015, 03:58:35 PM

Not really. But it depends how you define BS? A lot of people on this forum are actually quite intelligent and able to sift the wheat from the chaff.

As Shylock said in the Merchant of Venice:

Act 1 Scene 3.
Signior Antonio, many a time and oft
In the Rialto you have rated me
About my moneys and my usances:
Still have I borne it with a patient shrug,
For sufferance is the badge of all our tribe.
You call me misbeliever, cut-throat dog,
And spit upon my Jewish gaberdine,
And all for use of that which is mine own.

Replace Shylock with 'trolls'..or rather those who disbelieve Art Bells version of events.

Let me ask you something please; How will you react if and when it's revealed AB has fabricated the story he's told from possibly a very mundane or even unrelated event?

Let me ask you something:  How will you react if and when something happens to Art or his wife or daughter?

nika01

Quote from: SredniVashtar on December 18, 2015, 05:11:36 PM
Something went wrong in the brain-keyboard transmission there, dear.  I am sure you meant to come back with something bitingly profound and stingingly witty, but it all came out like the ramblings of a burbling idiot. I have seen more insight by looking into the bowl after a particularly pungent lamb bhuna the night before. Anyway, I must be going. I am off to perform some open-heart surgery in the morning. I told the people at the hospital that I am bound to fill the place with stiffs at first, but they should give me time, for fuck's sake!!

I'm sorry you are so self important

BellBoy

Quote from: nika01 on December 18, 2015, 05:39:30 PM
I'm sorry you are so self important
Quote from: nika01 on December 18, 2015, 02:26:28 PM
...I have listened to enough talk radio to have a very discriminating palate , and I KNOW that Heather is a diamond in the rough. She just needs time to develop....

heh heh

Robert

Quote from: RoseGirl on December 18, 2015, 03:26:16 PMOh yes. That's mostly the high end though. And don't forget, most world leaders have psychics and astrologers on their team...but they just don't call them astrologers or psychics.
A friend of mine does very well as a financial analyst.  To some clients he's Bill Meridian, the astrologer.  To other clients he gives his real name & doesn't tell them he uses astrology among other methods of analysis.

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on December 18, 2015, 05:13:44 PM
Let me ask you something:  How will you react if and when something happens to Art or his wife or daughter?

"Many Vandeven's dies to bring us this information."

"But how could Art be jamming us if he doesn't know... If we're coming"

Robert

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 18, 2015, 03:58:35 PMLet me ask you something please; How will you react if and when it's revealed AB has fabricated the story he's told from possibly a very mundane or even unrelated event?
I'd be very much relieved, not only for his & his family's sake but for the sake of everyone who does b'casting.

Quote from: BellBoy on December 18, 2015, 05:45:28 PM
heh heh

Lando: Pull up! All craft, pull up!
Admrial Akbar: Take evasive acton! Green group, stick close to holding section MV-7!
Mon Calamari: Admiral! We have enemy ships in sector 47!

Admiral Akbar: It's a TRAP!

BellBoy

Quote from: nika01 on December 18, 2015, 05:53:01 PM
you are ever so clever.... and an asshole

I shall forever wear your slur, as a badge of honour, sir!

(you are so weak, even Senda was clever enough to call me BellBoob)

Ciardelo

Quote from: BellBoy on December 18, 2015, 06:11:24 PM
I shall forever wear your slur, as a badge of honour, sir!

(you are so weak, even Senda was clever enough to call me BellBoob)
yeahbut you're a perfect asshole. That's like an extra credit.

the_peeve

My word, the drama in media is astounding. I thought newspapers were bad for it, but they ain't got nothin' on the drama involved with Dark Matter.

Leo is pulling the plug on his Mutual Broadcasting. His final diatribe is over the Leo thread.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 18, 2015, 06:15:19 PM
Slow down bNw! We've got a loooong ways to go yet.  ;D
LMAO  Ok I'll try!  Can't make any promises, though! ;)

My glasses are more like 1/4 glasses, and it doesn't take much. I'm looking like this about now:

onan

For what it's worth, I like my wimmen liquored up.

Quote from: onan on December 18, 2015, 06:18:41 PM
For what it's worth, I like my wimmen liquored up.

That's called rape, sir...  :D

bellNwhistle

Im not sure if it's acceptable to LOL at that, but. um. *cough*

norland2424

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 18, 2015, 06:22:02 PM
Im not sure if it's acceptable to LOL at that, but. um. *cough*

bellgab has corrupted your mind now  :)

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on December 18, 2015, 05:13:44 PM

He won't react at all. He doesn't even listen to Art Bell. He's only here to piss people off by calling Art Bell a liar.