• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Hillary Clinton

Started by albrecht, June 21, 2014, 10:05:45 AM

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 07, 2016, 08:37:26 PM
Time to fess up.  I think I had a few of you scratching your head which is all I was trying to do.  Of course I could never vote for Hillary.  She is both corrupt and incompetent. It would be a cold day in hell before I'd vote for her. I don't particularly care for Trump much but he is the only real alternative thus he has my vote.  I was just role-playing and having some fun because I am sick and tired of this campaign and can't wait for it to be over no matter who wins.  No one from the right is changing the minds of anyone on the left and vice versa.  Everybody who posts on this thread has already made up their minds so what harm is there in having a bit of fun?  Yeah, there are some stalkers who don't post but I'm sure they know each side's arguments.

I do want to say this and I'm 110% sincere in this.  I don't care what your political persuasion is if you haven't voted, please do so tomorrow.  It is every citizen's obligation to vote.  Yeah, you may not like either candidate but I would still recommend that you vote for one or the other. They have their differences.  Inform yourself of these differences if you haven't by now.  Go to each candidate's site and read their platforms.  Choose which direction you would rather follow and vote accordingly.  This is where We The People still have influence in the political process however paltry it may seem at times.  I would like to add please don't base your vote on silly things like sex or charm.  Follow your brain and not your hormones. I'll see you gabbers tomorrow and we shall see which way the wind blows.
I disagree, fundamentally. Everyone should show up to the polls but vote with their conscience and that includes NOT voting on issues, bonds, or candidates if they don't support either case (since often, stupidly, in this country we have to choose in a binary process.) Like serving on a jury or grand-jury. Show up but nullify if your conscience or thoughts on the specific case, law, or process (be honest about it though in voir dire and you likely will not get picked.) But there are cases, this might be one for some, where neither candidate is worth choosing but there are important 'down ballot,' state races, local races, referendums, or bond issues races etc that are important. And there is always skipping a race/issue if you don't like either choice or even don't understand it which is justifiable in some cases.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: albrecht on November 06, 2016, 04:28:59 PM
Assuming that Hollywood, banks, and media win the election- I think it could still be very close or even one of those Bush/Gore, popular win but electoral fail for Trump, or better yet like 1824 Jackson/Adams- it shows how weak, unpopular, and corrupt she is, if elected already almost a 'lame duck.' So, hopefully, lots of government gridlock (assuming the House or Senate doesn't go Democratic) and, maybe, there is not much of a history of Republicans fight back against really doing it, of Congress cutting off funding for her radical executive actions (like amnesty,) not approving or even hearing her judicial appointments, over turning her veto, not passing her "gold standard" TPP (even if she changes it slightly so she can claim "it is not the TPP" etc,) and more investigations into her scandals.

Keep clicking your heels, Dorothy.

TigerLily

Quote from: Big Chicken on November 07, 2016, 06:31:43 PM
Big Chicken is hearing that the Democrats have written off Ohio. Florida and North Carolina and are gravely concerned over Michigan, Pennsylvania, Virginia and even parts of New England (NH| Maine).

Big Chicken is a bird brain

Quote from: albrecht on November 07, 2016, 09:00:30 PM
I disagree, fundamentally. Everyone should show up to the polls but vote with their conscience and that includes NOT voting on issues, bonds, or candidates if they don't support either case (since often, stupidly, in this country we have to choose in a binary process.) Like serving on a jury or grand-jury. Show up but nullify if your conscience or thoughts on the specific case, law, or process (be honest about it though in voir dire and you likely will not get picked.) But there are cases, this might be one for some, where neither candidate is worth choosing but there are important 'down ballot,' state races, local races, referendums, or bond issues races etc that are important. And there is always skipping a race/issue if you don't like either choice or even don't understand it which is justifiable in some cases.

I know what you mean and if there was a strong third party candidate,  I'd add him to the mix.  The thing is we are stuck with a two party system for the time being.  I hope that changes.   I'd prefer there be 4 strong parties.  2 centrist parties and one each that veer more towards the right and left.  More than that would cause too many problems I think.  I'm a little jaded,  I witnessed what happened with Ross Perot and while he did well compared to other 3rd party candidates in the past but not nearly to the level of votes that Clinton and Bush got.  I think a vote for Mickey Mouse is stupid.  Just my opinion.  We all have them.

Quote from: TigerLily on November 07, 2016, 09:11:46 PM

That's what McGarrett and Dano thought too.  lol

Big Chicken

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 07, 2016, 09:15:37 PM
That's what McGarrett and Dano thought too.  lol

Friggin' McGarrett!

TigerLily

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 07, 2016, 08:47:22 PM
Sigh.

Love ya, TL, but I can't help but shake my head.  The time will come when a woman should be President but it has to be the right woman.  Hillary ain't it.  I would add that Trump isn't the right man but he's all there is unfortunately.  We'll just have to agree that the choices suck this year.  Que sera, sera.

Thanks for your concern, sweetie. I would never vote based on gender. Remember I was a Bernie Babe before I finally turned the corner and became a Hillary Ho. I voted my conscience

Quote from: albrecht on November 07, 2016, 08:55:30 PM
With heels, and not the Billary type, I hope (we wouldn't want you to collapse from exhaustion?) Is that shirt a tennis-dress? Don't go partying around Trump, regardless of the outcome.
(Sorry had to make a sexist comment.)

It's tunic length and pairing it with calf length leggings and taupe high heels.

chefist

I think the alt right has done absolutely all it could...we'll find out tomorrow...

Quote from: TigerLily on November 07, 2016, 09:19:30 PM
Thanks for your concern, sweetie. I would never vote based on gender. Remember I was a Bernie Babe before I finally turned the corner and became a Hillary Ho. I voted my conscience

It's tunic length and pairing it with calf length leggings and taupe high heels.

I know you voted your conscience and that is one of the reasons why I respect you.  Wish I could convert you but that would be a tall order I think.

Big Chicken

Quote from: TigerLily on November 07, 2016, 09:11:46 PM

I've been called worse baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Donald Noory

Quote from: chefist on November 07, 2016, 09:23:04 PM
I think the alt right has done absolutely all it could...we'll find out tomorrow...

Yep, they've done all they could...to help him lose the election, lulz.

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 07, 2016, 09:14:12 PM
I know what you mean and if there was a strong third party candidate,  I'd add him to the mix.  The thing is we are stuck with a two party system for the time being.  I hope that changes.   I'd prefer there be 4 strong parties.  2 centrist parties and one each that veer more towards the right and left.  More than that would cause too many problems I think.  I'm a little jaded,  I witnessed what happened with Ross Perot and while he did well compared to other 3rd party candidates in the past but not nearly to the level of votes that Clinton and Bush got.  I think a vote for Mickey Mouse is stupid.  Just my opinion.  We all have them.
I understand you on 'throwing vote away' my point is that if we followed the Constitution the Presidential election wouldn't be as important but even though it is now and one says "neither" there are OTHER elections derisively called "down ballot" by the media (even though the INTENT was that those matter more, and they still often do) that are important; both national, State, local, bond issues, school boards, judges,  sheriff, etc. So vote- even if you skip some.

Quote from: albrecht on November 07, 2016, 09:39:48 PM
I understand you on 'throwing vote away' my point is that if we followed the Constitution the Presidential election wouldn't be as important but even though it is now and one says "neither" there are OTHER elections derisively called "down ballot" by the media (even though the INTENT was that those matter more, and they still often do) that are important; both national, State, local, bond issues, school boards, judges,  sheriff, etc. So vote- even if you skip some.

Yeah, down ballots are most important and it is usually the stuff in which the casual voter has no idea how to vote.  Read up on all issues and local offices.  Local judges are really hard.  There is so little out there pertaining to their record.

Jackstar

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 07, 2016, 09:14:12 PM
The thing is we are stuck with a two party system for the time being.

Quote from: Jackstar on November 07, 2016, 10:17:00 PM
I think it's kinda... artsy, how you're named after Geraldo's greatest investigative failure, and you're constantly spouting off bullshit facts as though they were demonstrably true, when they are patently absurd on their face.

Have you got a sister?

chefist

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 07, 2016, 10:08:33 PM
Yeah, down ballots are most important and it is usually the stuff in which the casual voter has no idea how to vote.  Read up on all issues and local offices.  Local judges are really hard.  There is so little out there pertaining to their record.
I don't know rules there but like lots of local or judicial elections you can "look into" who is funding them, what groups, what out of state/area $ coming in and why, talk to any lawyers, businessmen, activists, etc in your family, friends, business, etc. It sometimes is easier to figure out on the more State/local level what is going on and who is supporting. And don't forget- often most important for your immediate pocketbook- bond issues and things like that and what money is trying to get you to build a light-rail, or is that 'road project' for roads or bike lanes and who is getting the bid, the new stadium built for a billionaire on your dime, or that expansion of the local JC or hospital taxing authority, etc. Sometimes good stuff but often a boondoggle.

Jackstar

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 07, 2016, 04:32:33 PM
Hispanics are out in full force and are really going to to push Hillary waaaaayyyy over the top.

Quote from: albrecht on November 07, 2016, 10:27:11 PM
I don't know rules there but like lots of local or judicial elections you can "look into" who is funding them, what groups, what out of state/area $ coming in and why, talk to any lawyers, businessmen, activists, etc in your family, etc. It sometimes is easier to figure out on the more State/local level what is going on and who is supporting. And dont forget- often most important for your immediate pocketbook- bond issues and things like that and what money is trying to get you to build a light-rail, or is that 'road project' for roads or bike lanes and who is getting the bid, the new stadium built for a billionaire on your dime, or that expansion of the local JC or hospital taxing authority, etc. Sometimes good stuff but often a boondoggle.

lol on the new stadium.  That is exactly what happened here even though it was not a bond issue.  Someone got to the tax commissioner here and he diverted funds to help build a new Braves stadium in my county.  He was primaried out of office I believe but I better doublecheck.   I like having the new stadium closeby but it is going to be hell on traffic on I-75 and I-285 during afternoon rush hour.

mikuthing01

Quote from: HedgehogNorman on November 07, 2016, 10:48:07 PM
https://twitter.com/memeprovider/status/793960758874755072

LMFAO, as much as i wish it were true liberals wont care she would get bonus points for it being a 10 year olds hotdog because it would be progressive or something.

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 07, 2016, 11:00:06 PM
What? Well, she just lost my vote. I want that shit loaded up Chicago-style.

Ewwww.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 07, 2016, 11:02:00 PM
Ewwww.

Yeah, I know. I must admit, sitting here watching Trump's last rally up in Michigan live, I'd rather be voting for Mike Pence ...

albrecht

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 07, 2016, 11:00:06 PM
What? Well, she just lost my vote. I want that shit loaded up Chicago-style.
Unfortunately she put "catsup" (I won't use the term maybe Podesta cult term for bring an Indian brave from the Res for some fun times or a suit by a current SOS currently so will use the archaic term) on it.
The young kids actually do this, now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5JIpT4GkyM

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 07, 2016, 11:05:29 PM
Yeah, I know. I must admit, sitting here watching Trump's last rally up in Michigan live, I'd rather be voting for Mike Pence ...

Glad I missed it.  What I don't know can't hurt me.  I've never watched a single rally.  Just a lot of brainless blather, catch phrases and talking points. I'd much rather be voting for Pence.

Jackstar

I feel like some of you aren't aware that "cheese pizza" is routinely claimed to be nothing but an urban myth promulgated by a vast right wing conspiracy.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: albrecht on November 07, 2016, 11:08:34 PM
Unfortunately she put "catsup" (I won't use the term maybe Podesta cult term for bring an Indian brave from the Res for some fun times or a suit by a current SOS currently so will use the archaic term) on it.
The young kids actually do this, now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5JIpT4GkyM

I have to admit that I do put BBQ sauce on them. Ketchup, no. But BBQ sauce, yeah.