• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Alex Jones

Started by Frys Girl, April 07, 2009, 08:57:10 PM

rzr1911

Quote from: wendysemployee on March 11, 2015, 08:50:12 AM
As an atheist I don't believe in most of the stuff because of its religious undertones but Alex Jones is a good way of finding out what people who do believe in this stuff are thinking about how the world is because people who have these beliefs affect the world, I believe that this new world order does exist but they're doing it in the name of something that isn't real, like these new world order people believe that there's a God and the devil, they act upon those beliefs and that affects our world so I listen to Alex Jones to understand what's going on in this world from their perspective Alex Jones and his people and people who believe in the new world order affect the world also it's like both sides of a coin now the coin might not have any value in reality but the fact that it still exists affects us even if we don't believe in what they believe.... So even if you think that Alex Jones and everything that he reports about his stupid pointless conspiracy or scam it's still good to learn about it because in some way it affects the world you interact with
As an atheist you have the permanent urge to preach how religion sucks and how enlightened you are. Sounds like a real bullshit religion to me.

onan

Fuckin atheists and their Sunday shows. Always panhandlin and knocking on my door to give me literature about salvation. Always taping flyers to my front door; inviting me to some pot luck.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: onan on April 10, 2015, 11:18:41 AM
Fuckin atheists and their Sunday shows. Always panhandlin and knocking on my door to give me literature about salvation. Always taping flyers to my front door; inviting me to some pot luck.

You're not calling their toll free number are you buddy? There lies salvation.

Dude111

Quote from: NboyIf anything, Jones is going to link this guy to the CIA or the NWO or the illuminati or the bilderburg group or the bohemian grove and claim he was a plant put there to sully his good name and bring down all that Jones stands for.

SredniVashtar

In a masochistic moment I took a look at the Alex Jones website and found a headline at the top that can't be beaten:

"Stephen Hawking Agrees with Alex Jones"

I couldn't get any further.

Bad Grandma

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 15, 2015, 01:13:15 AM
In a masochistic moment I took a look at the Alex Jones website and found a headline at the top that can't be beaten:

"Stephen Hawking Agrees with Alex Jones"

I couldn't get any further.

One can't utter a word, the other never shuts up. That proves some sort of theory, I bet.

albrecht

Today Alex announced a European tour visiting the countries in fiscal crisis as main stopping points. He will apparently be broadcasting from those places. I would've thought he would be here to "monitor" Jade Helm that kicks off this week.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: albrecht on July 12, 2015, 04:14:06 PM
Today Alex announced a European tour visiting the countries in fiscal crisis as main stopping points. He will apparently be broadcasting from those places. I would've thought he would be here to "monitor" Jade Helm that kicks off this week.
I'm sure it ll be a great comfort for them. I think Greece has enough problems without Leather Lungs descending on them. That man's voice could shatter marble - I hope the Parthenon has been reinforced.

Is it natural to start laughing when i hear this guy?

SredniVashtar

Quote from: turdphaseofmoon on July 14, 2015, 11:45:10 AM

It's not only natural, it's obligatory.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: turdphaseofmoon on July 14, 2015, 11:45:10 AM

Just make sure you don't register on his forum and open a thread pointing out how all his predictions came to nought. They don't like it.. Nope, not even a little bit. The account (and IP) gets banned and the thread deleted instantly.. Ask my friend.. I, I mean he knows.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on July 14, 2015, 11:58:08 AM
Just make sure you don't register on his forum and open a thread pointing out how all his predictions came to nought. They don't like it.. Nope, not even a little bit. The account (and IP) gets banned and the thread deleted instantly.. Ask my friend.. I, I mean he knows.

Having trouble reading your post. The Wi-Fi in this FEMA camp is lousy.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 14, 2015, 12:01:06 PM
Having trouble reading your post. The Wi-Fi in this FEMA camp is lousy.

You refused the flu jab too? Damn.

albrecht

A good, fun rant against the KKK etc. I await his debate with David Duke. Ideally I would like I would also like to add Obama, Farrakhan, Obama's preacher Rev.Wright, etc in a round-table debate in a sealed rooms. Fireworks and fun! Steve Quayle also, just to add to the mix of ranting and see if air can actually be sucked out before ranting end.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lvftwRRuAQ

ps: as an aside I witnessed Alex intercept and rail against some neo-Nazi group giving out pamphlets and talking to college-aged guys in the mid or early 90s at a "gun show." Before he was anybody except a local access tv cable show and before he was married etc (to apparently a "jewess."  ;))

SredniVashtar

Those deep thinkers from InfoWars have weighed in on the Virginia shooting:

http://www.infowars.com/rabid-obsessed-piers-morgan-shamefully-exploits-tragic-incident-to-lecture-americans-on-gun-control/

Apparently 'everyone's least favourite pompous British mouthpiece' (at least it's not me for a change) has made the scandalous remark that the shooting was (at least tangentially) connected to someone owing a gun. I tell you, stunned and amazed is what I am!! Frankly, claiming that none of this has anything to do with gun-ownership is the epitome of bad taste. There surely must be some articulate spokesman for gun owners who can make an intelligent case without having to resort to making shit up. If you are going to accept owning guns in a society, where there will always be a certain percentage of angry mentalists, then these acts of violence are going to be inevitable. It just depends on whether you are comfortable with it or not, but don't give me that 'guns don't kill people' BS.

onan

Quote from: SredniVashtar on August 27, 2015, 08:03:54 AM
Those deep thinkers from InfoWars have weighed in on the Virginia shooting:

http://www.infowars.com/rabid-obsessed-piers-morgan-shamefully-exploits-tragic-incident-to-lecture-americans-on-gun-control/

Apparently 'everyone's least favourite pompous British mouthpiece' (at least it's not me for a change) has made the scandalous remark that the shooting was (at least tangentially) connected to someone owing a gun. I tell you, stunned and amazed is what I am!! Frankly, claiming that none of this has anything to do with gun-ownership is the epitome of bad taste. There surely must be some articulate spokesman for gun owners who can make an intelligent case without having to resort to making shit up. If you are going to accept owning guns in a society, where there will always be a certain percentage of angry mentalists, then these acts of violence are going to be inevitable. It just depends on whether you are comfortable with it or not, but don't give me that 'guns don't kill people' BS.

Guns do not kill people, it is the bullets. OK, OK, as a club, a certain subset, but really.

chefist

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rwandan_Genocide

The core issue is the human ego, not the tool used by that ego...

The vast majority of those murdered in the Rwandan genocide were killed with machetes and clubs...

albrecht

Quote from: SredniVashtar on August 27, 2015, 08:03:54 AM
always be a certain percentage of angry mentalists,
I have weird images of Uri Geller going nuts and shooting up an audience because his spoons wouldn't bend or some old black and white movie in the 30's where the Svengali-like character shocks the rich Hollywood patron by shooting up the the room when the table doesn't rise and Charlie Chan needs to solve the murder.

But yes, guns don't kill people. Crazy, or certain types of, people do, in this case a black, homosexual, social media obsessed, Obama adherent did so. In other cases it is the crazy white guy. More often it is an illegal alien or black gang member. Oddly enough I don't know anyone who has been shot, much less killed, by guns even though many, or most, people I know have them, hunt, etc. Odd that. Clearly it is an object problem, not a demographic or mental one.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: albrecht on August 27, 2015, 08:39:16 AM
I have weird images of Uri Geller going nuts and shooting up an audience because his spoons wouldn't bend

:)

I was wondering if that one was going to travel across the ocean. A different usage. You know what I mean!  ;)

Although I am being deliberately provocative, and I am speaking as someone with no knowledge or experience of firearms, I think you are all getting a bit confused here, as someone who is outside the game, so to speak. I don't think a comparison with a tribal situation is all that valid. You have really got to hate someone (or what they represent) to have the 'nads to knife them or hack them about, and the Rwanda situation was an instance of a demented society that was undermined by simmering hatreds that boiled over.

Guns are much more impersonal and, for that reason, a hell of a lot more dangerous in an atomised society that does too much of its communication via electronic devices (o! the irony!) rather than actual face time. You seem to be getting a lot of violence from angry lonely people who don't connect, and even the way they act out their anger is done from a distance. It's all too easy for someone to engage in that kind of behaviour with a firearm than they would ever imagine with a knife, even if the idea of getting that close to someone didn't repel them (which I suspect it often does).

But, you will say, what does that have to do with guns? OK, guns don't kill people. Even dangerous lunatics don't often kill people. But even the odd dangerous lunatic with access to a gun can create mayhem. It is intellectually dishonest, in my view. to say that the problem is entirely mental illness, when the method they almost overwhelmingly favour is a gun or rifle.

If you acknowledge that you live in a society that doesn't deal properly with mental illness, having guns involved as well exacerbates that problem. Loonies plus Guns equals the sort of thing you have over there now, and probably must learn to live with because I can't see anyone getting things changed.

Anyway, just my view. I know you boys think differently.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: chefist on August 27, 2015, 09:18:17 AM
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/07/10/421789047/fbi-says-background-check-error-let-charleston-shooting-suspect-buy-gun

Also, the government must do it's job when performing the background checks...

Yes, but if they weren't there in the first place there wouldn't be any need for them, and the checks are bound to be flawed anyway, by the very nature of humans being the fallible creatures we are.

chefist

Quote from: SredniVashtar on August 27, 2015, 09:28:07 AM
Yes, but if they weren't there in the first place there wouldn't be any need for them, and the checks are bound to be flawed anyway, by the very nature of humans being the fallible creatures we are.

To remove either the people (mentally disturbed) or the guns would require a constitutional convention to alter or repeal the appropriate amendments. That is a very sensitive issue because if you get the amendment altered to the way you want, another amendment that you like may be altered against your beliefs and wishes...

Also, there is no politician that will get elected, left or right, advocating banning firearms. That is why you don't hear any mention of that from the Democratic Party.

Uncle Duke

Why does anyone care one way or another about what a failed talk show host has to say about the society that rejected him and sent him packing back to his little island home?  He took over a near legendary TV program from an American media icon (love King or hate him, facts are facts) and basically destroyed it in short order.  Morgan is TV's George Noory.

chefist

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 27, 2015, 09:40:47 AM
Why does anyone care one way or another about what a failed talk show host has to say about the society that rejected him and sent him packing back to his little island home?  He took over a near legendary TV program from an American media icon (like King or love him, facts are facts) and basically destroyed it in short order.  Morgan is TV's George Noory.

Agreed. Bad choice by CNN. How about a US anchor going to England that advocated for the abolishment of the monarchy? I'm sure that would fly like a lead balloon...

SredniVashtar

Quote from: chefist on August 27, 2015, 09:42:57 AM
Agreed. Bad choice by CNN. How about a US anchor going to England that advocated for the abolishment of the monarchy? I'm sure that would fly like a lead balloon...

It's not an issue that too many people care about here, to be honest. You will very rarely hear a Brit talking about their country in the same way as Americans talk about their theirs. If someone said they were proud to be British they'd probably get laughed at, to be honest, it's just not the way we are. We generally take the piss out of everything, we are not big boosters in the way that you so often are, and which frequently gives us the giggles. The same goes for the monarchy - not that many people care enough about it. They would probably rather have a queen than not, if pressed, but that's about as far as it goes. Whether they will feel the same way about King Charles III is another matter. The general consensus is that he is a dickhead, and if anyone is going to bring them down it will probably be him.

I take the point about a fucking Yank trying to tell us what to do, but I think we would just tell you to piss off rather than being terribly outraged.

chefist

Quote from: SredniVashtar on August 27, 2015, 09:54:23 AM
It's not an issue that too many people care about here, to be honest. You will very rarely hear a Brit talking about their country in the same way as Americans talk about their theirs. If someone said they were proud to be British they'd probably get laughed at, to be honest, it's just not the way we are. We generally take the piss out of everything, we are not big boosters in the way that you so often are, and which frequently gives us the giggles. The same goes for the monarchy - not that many people care enough about it. They would probably rather have a queen than not, if pressed, but that's about as far as it goes. Whether they will feel the same way about King Charles III is another matter. The general consensus is that he is a dickhead, and if anyone is going to bring them down it will probably be him.

I take the point about a fucking Yank trying to tell us what to do, but I think we would just tell you to piss off rather than being terribly outraged.

Yea probably so. However, their show would quickly have zero listeners and they would be fired...just like Morgan... :D However, I have heard some rather fiery rhetoric against Margaret Thatcher here on BellGab...so I think there is some political sparring still left is Jolly Old England... 8)

SredniVashtar

Quote from: chefist on August 27, 2015, 10:01:27 AM
Yea probably so. However, their show would quickly have zero listeners and they would be fired...just like Morgan... :D However, I have heard some rather fiery rhetoric against Margaret Thatcher here on BellGab...so I think there is some political sparring still left is Jolly Old England... 8)

Yes, well dear and safely dead Maggie is another matter. I can still remember my grandfather booing the TV whenever she came on. Morgan isn't popular here either, so why they thought he would have been a good choice over there is an interesting question. He has an eminently slappable face. As much as I get on with Americans, the differences between us are huge. There should be a separate thread on here devoted to Brits encounters with Americans, I am sure we would all have a few stories.

chefist

Quote from: SredniVashtar on August 27, 2015, 10:07:43 AM
Yes, well dear and safely dead Maggie is another matter. I can still remember my grandfather booing the TV whenever she came on. Morgan isn't popular here either, so why they thought he would have been a good choice over there is an interesting question. He has an eminently slappable face. As much as I get on with Americans, the differences between us are huge. There should be a separate thread on here devoted to Brits encounters with Americans, I am sure we would all have a few stories.

There should be! That would be a good thread...my 7 year old asked to go to England (London specifically) on our next trip...so that is where we are going! I've been to mainland Europe but not England yet! My 14th great grandfather was Sir Rowland Hayward...Lord High Mayor of London two different times! I think I need to find some old English ancestor and play a practical joke!  ;D

Uncle Duke

Quote from: SredniVashtar on August 27, 2015, 09:54:23 AM

I've spent a great deal of time in the UK over the past forty years.  The Brits are no different than any other people, periods of wearing near over-the-top patriotism on their sleeve ebb and flow with times and events.  Curious how old you were in 1982? 

I'm not outraged, terribly or otherwise, at Morgan.  He tried, and failed.  No shame in that.  He's not the first UK TV sensation to come to the US and go tits-up, many people find it's easier being a big fish in a small pond.  The fact he failed at CNN should clearly illustrate, however, the American people didn't much care for what he had to say when he was here, so why would we care now?